- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a long-ish story with a thought-out (I'd like to think) plot. Chapters will come at a rate of once per day, or every other, depending on my work schedule. This does not begin with smut and giantess, but oh does it get there. Enjoy~

***

Merriwinter was a small town, a small suburb of a city called Luxsey. It was sparsely populated, several hundred years old, and lovingly nestled in a patch of woods to Luxsey's south. Its glorious, world-renowned university sat on a tall hill overlooking the little town, its new-age spires and domes towering into the sky. Without neo humans, no one would visit little Merriwinter on purpose. Without neo humans, no one would have invested so much in Merriwinter University's genetics program. Of course, without neo humans, the world would be a much different place.

 

At this point, the geneticists thought that maybe 2% of the world's population were neos, maybe a bit less. Eighty percent of that number were registered beta neos, individuals whose unique and interesting powers were considered by the government to be 'dangerous and concerning in regard to life and property'. This was a very broad generalizing statement; betas included people able to teleport through walls as well as people able to talk to animals, or people able to open doors from a distance. To say that the neo human community was of no small interest was a gross understatement. The world had its attentions affixed to the geneticists of Merriwinter.

 

Miranda Townsworth was one such beta. The government knew; her mother knew, and her closest friend in the world, Seth O'Brien, knew, and no one else did. It's not that she was ashamed of her powers, she just wasn't studying at Merriwinter to be making a name for herself. Miranda wasn't like Madame Vi, the beta whose powers had made her the most beautiful woman in creation, or Captain Anders, the super-soldier. She was just a girl who wanted to use her brilliance to help those in need, and to make advances in science.

 

Miranda stood at 5'5” and weighed just under 140 pounds. She had a messy tangle of black hair that framed her face, eyes the color of the sky, and tan skin. She frequently wore dark eyeliner, pink gloss and silver earrings. She didn't fancy herself overly feminine, but did enjoy appearing beautiful to her own standards. Miranda was twenty-three years of age, and her body was decorated with tattoos. While at university, she typically wore a blouse over a simple black sleeveless shirt, a pencil skirt, and stockings. It made her feel beautiful, but also proper, as she preferred herself.

 

Miranda sat at a chair in the amphitheater of the classroom, ignoring the chatter around her and idly swiping through news on her Facebook feed. She drummed her navy-blue nails on the desk and yawned. Eight-thirty A.M. was still too early to have Advanced Genetic Theory. Better than seven, she mused. She focused her attention at the door to the right wall, and as the man entered the room, conversation quieted immediately. He had his hands full of papers and books, and was stumbling up the stairs towards Miranda, but that was not what caught their attention. No, Seth O'Brien was a gamma neo, and this meant he was covered in metallic brown scales.

 

Hairless, tall even at his hunched posture, and lanky, Seth was Miranda's best friend, and had endured much in his life. Though anti-discrimination laws had long time ago erased most lethal hatred of neos, nothing could stop an individual person's harsh words, and certainly not the cruelty of children, from affecting them. Gammas, with their bodies obviously and physically changed by their genetics, were the most commonly targeted victims. The fact that he was bookish, nerdy and weak hadn't helped 'lizard boy' in the slightest. Miranda had gotten into a few scraps defending her friend's name.

 

Miranda smiled at Seth as he sat down next to her. He smoothed out his flaky lab coat, flexing his long reptilian fingers as his body adjusted to the cold, arid environment of the college. Seth adjusted his glasses as they slid down his long nose, and grumbled as he studied the schedule.

 

“T-too early,” He breathed. “Don't l-like getting up early.”

 

“No one does,” Miranda replied, shaking her coffee cup at him. The sugar water left behind by her iced latte swished around its insides. “Not even farmers.”

 

Seth breathed a shaky laugh and organized his papers to his own specifications. He wet his lips, as he was wont to do, and turned his head to face his friend. “Manda,” He rasped. “Wh-what is going on with you and...and, a-and Tiffany?” He stuttered.

 

Miranda sighed and rolled her eyes. “Nothing good.”

 

“S-sorry.”

 

“Don't be, she's a bitch,” Miranda muttered. “Don't know what I saw.”

 

“Y-you couldn't have...have known,” Seth replied, putting a scaled hand on her arm. “Don't give up. You'll find th-the right girl.”

 

Miranda smiled appreciatively and nodded. Seth comforted her insecurities just as often as she did his. He was more brother than friend. Moments later, the professor strode in – Dr. Edwin Cole, an expert geneticist. The doctor gathered his class's attention, directing their eyes to his own steely blues. Miranda gave her old mentor a wave, which he returned with a smile and an acknowledging nod.

 

“Hello to all, and welcome to Advanced Genetic Theory. We are here, I dare assume, in hopes of becoming doctors and experts capable of helping neo humanity,” Edwin Cole said aloud. The class murmured agreement. “Of course, we know very little about it. Please, if you will, fill me in on the details, so I know where this class stands.”

 

Seth's hand shot upward. Miranda watched him; he tried to make sure he was the first to point out his own condition before someone said it in a less elegant fashion. Dr. Cole pointed at him.

 

“Sir! Name and information, please.”

 

“Seth O'Brien, D-Doctor,” Seth began. “Registered g-gamma neo.” Someone behind Miranda muttered 'no shit', and Miranda stared a death glare over her shoulder.

 

“Noticed, Mr. O'Brien!” Cole said with a smile.

 

“Sir,” Seth continued shakily. “N-neo humans, are...are those born with a n-number of genetic mutations th-that result in abilities b-beyond normal scope. The four types o-of neo humanity are alpha, b-beta, gamma, and delta.”

 

“Correct,” Doctor Cole said. “Good to start with the basics. Yes, Mr. O'Brien is correct. However, it is important to note the disparity in rarity. Betas, as many of us already know, are by far the most common...gammas and deltas next. Can anyone here tell me how many alphas there are?”

 

A hand in the back shot up and Dr. Cole called on him. “Michael Williams, sir. There are 19 registered alphas across the world.”

 

“Indeed, and these nineteen have the power to shape the globe, socially and otherwise,” Dr. Cole said with a sense of foreboding. “Which is why we, as scientists, must learn how to help these powerful human beings deal with their mutations. Control is not the answer! We all remember the Purity Wars. We must co-exist. That is the goal of the neo geneticist.”

 

Miranda listened to Dr. Cole for a bit more and then began doodling on her notebook. He was only covering the basics; she'd been interested in neo humanity since she discovered her own powers. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a trinket – a old sedan, miniature in size. She rolled it back and forth on the notebook, which caught Seth's attention.

 

“You shrunk y-your old car?” He asked out the corner of his mouth. Miranda grinned.

 

“I couldn't get rid of Beverly,” She said softly. “I loved Beverly.” Her ability to shrink inanimate objects came in handy sometimes, but she couldn't imagine why the government decided it was dangerous. She didn't know how to grow things back; it's not like she could sneak a weapon anywhere.

 

“Isn't it weird to...to imagine, yeah? Th-that you were driving that l-little thing once.”

 

“Please don't bring logic into my powers, okay?” She asked with a chuckle. Dr. Cole was still talking.

 

“...in this day. Alpha neo powers, of course, are beyond our imagination – beyond their imagination. Up until his death four years ago, there was a man in Britain who could exchange his mind with another being's, and the only way to tell was by the color of his eyes!” Cole exclaimed. “Who knows what the future holds. This is why we must learn, why we must understand them all, not just alphas. Deltas, as we know --”

 

The door creaked open slowly, and Miranda heard the heels clicking before she saw anything else. The girl that came through the door was beyond a shadow of doubt the most enchanting woman she had ever beheld. Luxurious deep red hair cascaded down to the middle of her back in sweeping waves. Pale skin, tattooed and flawless, appeared and disappeared with her movements. Her lips were as red as her hair and adorned with two rings of silver on the lower lip. The redhead wore black knee-high boots with a small heel, black leggings that conformed to her shapely legs, and a tight button-down over a long-sleeved black shirt. The buttons stopped being fastened just underneath her ample bosom, pushing her chest up. She moved like fire and smiled in a way that made Miranda's cheeks flush.

 

“Sorry I'm late, so sorry,” The girl spoke with a hint of a London accent. The accent did not help to dissuade Miranda's opinion of her. “Kira, Kira Northvale.”

 

“No issues, Miss Northvale, take a seat.” Kira nodded and smiled that perfect smile, and strode towards the seats. As she did, her emerald eyes looked up and caught Miranda's stare. Miranda blushed hard and averted her gaze, but Kira's verdant eyes twinkled. She sat herself in the front row and turned to face the professor.

 

“Now that everyone is here, I hope,” Dr. Cole continued. “Deltas, as we know, are a minority group of neo humans and have powers that are not deemed to be potentially dangerous by the government...”

 

Miranda tried to pay attention to Cole, or at least take notes a quarter of how diligently Seth was, but Kira dominated her mind, even from behind. She kept staring down at the girl – how in the hells did she get her hair so shiny? Kira looked like a goddess made manifest. Miranda's mouth was dry and her body ached. God, she thought, how long has it been again...?

 

“You g-gonna be okay?” Seth muttered without glancing at her. Miranda barked at him to shut up and stared deliberately at Dr. Cole, taking notes furiously on things she knew ten years ago. Why was Seth still writing this down? He was far smarter than she was.

 

The three hours dragged on, but Miranda didn't fault the doctor; he had to begin somewhere. He talked about historical neos, and the 'superhero celebrity' status some have took on through their actions, such as the pyrokinetic Orion; he also discussed their 'villain' contrasts, though he expressed distaste at using both terms. Afterward, Seth excused himself to go collect things from his lab, and Miranda stepped down to talk to the professor. He and Kira were in conversation.

 

“Miss Townsworth,” Doctor Cole said. “It is nice to see you this semester.” Kira's too-green eyes briefly traveled over Miranda. She felt herself blush again.

 

“H-hello, Doctor Cole. You are straight to the point as always! Haha...” She laughed and grinned. “I was hoping to get access to the labs this semester?”

 

“Ah, yes. Of course. Miss Northvale was interested, too. She's a delta neo.”

 

Kira smiled plaintively, playing with one of her crimson curls.

 

“Oh!” Miranda said. “Very interesting. What, um, what can you do?”

 

Kira shrugged a shoulder as elegantly as anyone ever could and smiled her Aphrodite grin. “I manipulate candlelight...” She giggled and rolled her eyes. Miranda felt her legs weaken. That giggle, that infernal accent...Christ, how did this girl do that to her by giggling and rolling her eyes? “Haha, not well, mind you. Just a bit of flickering, a few things that can barely be called parlor tricks. I'm so sorry, hello, I'm Kira. Kira Northvale.” She extended a hand with nails the color of her hair, a few silvery bracelets jingling. Miranda returned the gesture.

 

“Manda...Miranda Townsworth.”

 

“You wish to study in the labs?” Kira asked curiously. “So do I. Perhaps we could meet up later? I'm frightfully new here.”

 

“Yes, yes,” Miranda said, nodding. “They have blood samples from all over the world, and the best equipment government funding can buy.” Edwin Cole nodded nearby with a bit of pride.

 

Kira's eyes lit up excitedly. “Oh wonderful. I'm such a dork, I'm sorry! I'm obsessed with this whole issue. It's my passion.”

 

This fact, again, did nothing to sway Miranda's wanton desire.

 

“Both of you, please see me tomorrow; I'll make some lab keys. Kira, I'll need to see your credentials, just to make sure you're cleared for lab work. I know you're good, Miranda. If you'll excuse me, ladies.” Dr. Cole gave them both a nod and headed out the door. Kira smiled at Miranda.

 

“I'll see you later, Manda?” Kira said softly.

 

At hearing her name spoken by this succubus, Miranda had to remind herself to think. “Yes! That sounds good. Have a nice night, okay?”

 

Kira nodded, spun on her pretty heels, and strode out of the room, leaving Miranda to wonder how the semester would play out. At least, she said with a heavy sigh as she weighed her own shyness against itself, she'd have a new friend.

 

Chapter End Notes:

...for those who recognize my characters from my other horrific attempt at a GTS story, uh, it no longer plays a role. Sadly, I do not remember the password to that account, so I can't delete it -.-;;