- Text Size +

The Takedown

Just before driving out of the storm channel system the men all removed their masks to prevent drawing attention to themselves, Wyatt took the truck to an old broken down empty warehouse on Front Street to make another vehicle exchange. Inside the open space was a brown older model Ford LTD four door sedan, nondescript but with a large enough motor to move fast if needed. Pulling up and parking beside the car, the three men got out of the truck.

“What about her?” Wyatt asked, walking around the back of the truck and nodding back at Elayne who was still sitting in the backseat of the pickup truck, hands folded on her lap in front of her.

Sam motioned her out with his hand. Nodding, she unfastened her safety belt and climbed out of the truck, walking over to stand near Sam.

“Put a bullet in her head and be done with it,” urged George, frowning, pulling his desert eagle out and cocking the slide.

She frowned, eyes narrowed, mouth pursed.

“No offense,” he said raising the hand with the gun and bringing toward her head.

“Hold up,” said Sam, walking up and putting his hand on the back of George’s wrist.

“She can’t stay with the three of us,” protested George, shaking his head.

“Three of us? Fuck that shit, I’m not staying here, they’re looking for you guys, I don’t know what you’re planning on doing with the woman, just want my share,” said Wyatt, eyes nervous.

George frowned. “Shoot her,” he repeated, “Drop her in the desert and let the coyotes and buzzards do the rest, fucking problem solved.”

Elayne shook her head slowly, “No,” she said. Her hands moved faster than any off the men’s eyes could track, a simple shift and flip and she now held George’s desert eagle and was pointing it at George.

She chuckled, “Now that’s not very sporting George,” she commented, shaking her head, grin on her pretty face.

Not only startled by the incredibly quick movement, but by the dramatic shift in her demeanor, Sam’s hand crept down toward where he kept his own pistol tucked in his shoulder holster. Curling his fingers around the handle, he slid it out and pointed it at Elayne.

“Sporting?” George asked, hands raised, looking at the business end of his own gun.

“Sure, shooting a girl in the head and leaving her as fodder for carrion feeders,” she said, slowly shaking her head and stepping back.

“I said hold on,” reminded Sam, raising his hands, “Nobody’s shooting anybody right now.”

“No, it’s okay,” she said. “I think it’s time Georgie got a lesson in manners.”

George laughed, exchanging looks with Wyatt and Sam.

Elayne checked to ensure her pony tail was secure before looking at George, “Well? You got the parts to fight a little girl, or do you need a gun?” she asked, turning the pistol around and offering it to the robber.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” snorted George.

Sam raised an eyebrow, gone was the timid, meek young woman from the bank.

“Bad move little girl,” he said, stepping forward to grab the gun.

She turned away, dropping low and sweeping George’s feet out from under him dropping him to the warehouse’s spalled concrete floor with an audible thud. Righting herself, she dropped the magazine from the gun and popped the round in the chamber out before setting the pistol on the ground.

Wyatt laughed, “Holy, she just dropped George,” he said, shaking his head and grinning in disbelief.

George got back to his and brushed himself off, glowering at the girl. “This shit just got real,” he snarled moving aggressively toward his much smaller opponent.

She giggled, “It’s about to,” she said, moving in very quickly, easily evading his blow and delivering a series of short punches to his midriff before backing away as he dropped breathless to his knees.

Raising the pistol, she pointed it at George’s head and winked.

Sam reached for his own weapon, Wyatt, unarmed, just stared.

Dropping the clip from the handle, she popped the bullet out of the chamber and extended the weapon back to George.

Reaching out in an attempt to grab her, George came in low, arms spread. Instead of trying to evade, Elayne stepped forward and drove her knee into his chin, toppling him unconscious and backward in a heap.

“What the fuck?” Wyatt mumbled glancing sidelong at Sam who was standing almost beside him.

Elayne looked at the pistol still in Sam’s hand. “You want to try your luck?” she asked coyly, winking at him.

Sam laughed, holstering the pistol, “You are very fast, I’ll give you that, but you don’t want any of this,” he cautioned.

 She grinned. “I intend to take it all,” she said, nodding at Sam.

Wyatt snickered, “You want a piece of Sam? Stupid, very, very stupid,” he stated, shaking his head.

She nodded slowly, “Sam?” she asked. “That’s your name? Mmm masculine, I approve,” she added.

“You can relax now, I wouldn’t have let him hurt you, I told you in the bank I would let you go,” he assured, “And as a man of my word, when we leave here you’ll be free to remain.”

She laughed openly, “I on the other have decided not to let you go,” she stated, walking closer toward the men.

“What?” Wyatt demanded, taking a sideways step away from the approaching woman.

She paused, pointing a finger at the driver, “You are?” she asked.

Wyatt shook his head.

She shrugged, “Doesn’t matter much anyway I suppose,” she said, snapping the fingers of her left hand. Wyatt slumped back against the truck and slid to the ground, out cold.

Sam looked at the prone form lying beside the truck and shook his head.

“Now that we’re alone I want to get a proper look at you,” she said, angling her head to the side to get a good look at him. He was handsome, confidant, virile. She nodded slowly, grin spreading.

“How did you do that?” he inquired, looking down at the prone form of Wyatt on the pavement, not quite sure how she could accomplish such a feat.

“Impressive trick, no?’ she asked.

“Hypnosis or something?” he queried. “I mean, how?”

She grinned, even white teeth visible between her lovely lips, “Oh handsome, I am all full of surprises,” she answered.

“I’ll say. Where did the little trembling girl who almost wet herself in the bank go?” he asked, she seemed an entirely different person.

“You know, I was actually willing to let it all go, the whole thing, not get involved in your heist, but your boy Cameron just needed to get a peek at my delicate lady parts,” she chided, shaking her head ruefully.

“Cameron?” he asked.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be reunited soon enough,” she said. “Are you ready?” she asked.

“Ready? You still want to fight me?” he asked. Unlike George, Sam was an exceptional fighter but at the moment he was so very confused.

“It wouldn’t be fair, you’re already injured, and I don’t want to bruise you up too much,” she replied. “Well at least not this way.”

He chuckled, “This is making absolutely no sense whatsoever,” he commented.

She grinned, “Lights out handsome,” she said before touching the tips of the fingers on her right hand to her lips, she blew him a kiss. Blackness welcomed him as he dropped to the ground.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to review, comment or provide feedback, it is always appreciated, thanks for reading along!