- Text Size +
In this chapter, we get a first person perspective of Chloe, the morning that our main character shrunk. What will happen?


"Oh great, Wednesday" I moaned to myself after turning off my super annoying alarm clock. As I sat up, I could hear Joe exit his door and walk downstairs to get breakfast. He was always the first out of bed and the first to leave in the morning, but it always confused me. Why would Joe be so upbeat in the mornings, when he gets abused almost every day?

Hold up a sec....... I just remembered about my history exam in the last lesson of the day. "Oh God Why" I cried into my pillow, slumping my face into its fluffy fabrics. Unwillingly, I managed to heave my body out of my bed, and scrape my clothes onto my body.

A few minutes later, my clothes were on, so I slowly strolled downstairs into the kitchen to get my breakfast. Passing Joe, who was scoffing down his cereal, it was clear to see the tear marks up and down his blazer.

I knew that he didn't like talking about it, so I just sat there looking upset, knowing that later on, he would have twice as many bruises on him as he did now. Soon Joe had finished inhaling the five tones of whatever cereal he had in his bowl, got dressed, and gracefully thundered down the stairs.

"Wait Joe, you forgot your lunch" I called out to him before he could leave. Quickly, I dashed to the fridge, grabbed the plastic bag containing his lunch, and ran out into the hallway.

However, as I turned the corner, I noticed that Joe wasn't there. Only his bag was left on the corner beside the front door. "Joe - have you gone yet?" my voice echoed around the house.

No response.

"Stupid boy left without his bag AND his lunch" I muttered to myself taking a few steps towards his black rucksack. As I picked up the bag I could feel something underneath my foot.

I was a weird feeling, like it was digging into my foot. At that point, I could only focus on my test. "It's probably just my imagination trying to mess with my head today" I thought shrugging it off and running back upstairs to grab my shoes.

"If my mind was going to mess about, then I was gonna fight back" I thought to myself slipping my feet into the small black leather shoes with grey scuffed tips to them.

To show how I wasn't going to let it fly past, I scraped the soul of my foot, along the bottom of my shoe. I put all my weight into it, hoping to lower whatever kind of lump it was. I just prayed that it wouldn't last all day.

That thought was soon proven wrong, as I only had P.E and then my test, and this lump was still here. I thought about having a look, but it wasn't like there was anything down there.

However, during P.E, I couldn't feel the lump anymore, so while everyone had gotten changed, I checked the bottom of my sock and inside the shoe where I could feel there lump.

Nothing there.

That made me feel so much better. I felt it helped during my test, despite the I have I had on my leg towards the end.

Ok, so now we're going to jump to later on in the day, with me at the bus stop. I'd just finished at the gym, where I'd hurt my leg. But that wasn't the most annoying thing - the lump was back. It felt exactly like the same lump, but this one was in a completely different place. This time, it was on my ass.

That was it. I wasn't going to let this thing annoy me anymore. Reaching back between my gym shorts I could feel something down there. My fingers were able to grab hold of something.

As I pulled the thing out, something out of the ordinary happened. It was Joe!


So, now we've seen Chloe's point of view. Next chapter we'll get back to the story carrying on with Joe's first night shrunken.