- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks everyone for 50 reviews and 50k views :)

"Wake up, sweetie."

Alex awoke to the booming, feminine voice of his mother. Groggy, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Though she had whispered, Alex's mother has probably awoken everyone in the tiny cities in her room and maybe the halls and such. Alex looked around him. Sarah stretched her arms out and yawned. It was still pretty dark, though some light flooded the room through a window across Alex's mother's bed. Alex wondered what time it was.

"Come on, honey. Start getting ready," his mother told him.

"Huh?" Alex replied with a yawn. "What time is it? Get ready for what?"

"It's Monday. You don't want to be late, do you? Just a few more weeks and you'll be done."

Alex sat on the nightstand, astounded. His mom couldn't be serious. She wanted him to go to school.

"Mom, I can't go to school!" He shouted. "Look at me! How could I do anything? And think about how dangerous it-"

"I don't want to hear it. You've come this far. You're not failing the year now," his mother said sternly. "Now come on. Let's go have breakfast and then I'll drive you."

Alex's mother grabbed her son between her thumb and forefinger and carried him into the kitchen. Alex smelled eggs cooking far off in the kitchen. She'd clearly been making them for a while now. He wondered how he hadn't heard her getting out of bed. Surely the phenomenally loud creaks of her bed and her footsteps would have woken him up, but apparently not.

His mother set him down on the table and she went to work on the eggs. Alex looked at the clock above the oven and it read 6:45. School started at 7:30, but he could definitely use some extra time.

A few minutes later, Alex's mom thundered over to the table carrying a plate of the scrambled eggs. She set it down with a thud and picked up her fork. She took the absolutely smallest piece she could and gave it to Alex. The piece still dwarfed him and was a few times his size. She began eating her eggs while Alex ate his. Alex watched in awe as his mother ate. She ate more in one bite than he probably did in a month. He shuddered as he watched her strong teeth effortlessly grind up the food and wondered what if it was him. He shook the thought out of his mind and tried eating as much as he could from the little speck of egg he had.

At 7:05, Alex's mother scooped up her son and stomped out to the car. She put Alex in his standard spot, right by her toes on her sandal. Alex was starting to get used to it, though he still marveled at how her toes were literally hundreds of times his size.

The ride was like the others yesterday and wasn't too eventful. Alex was incredibly nervous, wondering how the hell he was going to make it through the day.

The car pulled up right outside the high school. Alex's mother picked up her son and walked out of the car. They'd been in a fairly discreet spot, so no one saw what they were doing. Alex's mother walked over to the nearest spot, a rock, and placed her son down. She then gave him a brief talk about how she wished him luck and how she loved him and all that before she thundered away.

Alex was left alone, mouth agape. He still couldn't comprehend how his mother could ever think this was a good idea. School started in 20 minutes, much shorter than the time it would take Alex to get to the front doors. If he was going to make it, he needed someone's help. He felt light tremors in the distance from kids walking into the building.

Alex whipped out his phone and began scrolling through his contacts. He had been extremely fortunate and managed to keep his phone through his ordeal yesterday. He hadn't removed his phone from his pocket last night and as such still had now.

He pondered who to call. He looked through all the contacts, too quickly to make a decision. He then did it again, this time slowly to get a good idea.

Then he found the perfect one. Jessica! She would totally help him. She was incredibly nice, one of his friends and she happened to be his crush as well. She would understand.

Alex called Jessica and hoped for her to answer. Luckily, she did.

"Jessica!" Alex shouted. "Hurry. I need you!"

"Alex?" Jessica asked confusedly. "Alex, is that you? Speak up, I can barely hear you!"

Alex started speaking louder. "Jessica, I need you to come to that rock that everyone always sits at before school. No one's here now. I need your help."

"Uh, okay... I'll be over there in a sec."

"Wait! Before you go, you have to look carefully. Look on the ground, by the plant. Watch your step. Please."

"Okay..."

Alex hang up and waited. He looked for her but couldn't see her. Then he felt a little tremor that stood out a bit from the rest. Then another, and another, each more powerful than the last. Alex didn't see Jessica, though, so he turned around. Behind him he saw Jessica's incredibly massive body walking towards the rock in the distance. He felt a wave of relief wash over him.

If he had to be stuck with one giant woman forever, it'd be her. His mother seemed to not even care about Alex's predicament, and Amanda was just cruel. Jessica was the gentle one. She'd help him.

Jessica's features became more visible as she neared Alex, her footsteps becoming more powerful. Long blonde hair flowed down her back. Green eyes twinkled in the early morning light. Her ears were nicely shaped and her nose was perfect. Not too long or fat or anything. Full lips completed the look. She sported some sort of floral skirt today and a short white shirt. Like almost every other girl, her feet rested in sandals.

Alex, rapt in his thoughts about Jessica's beauty, failed to realize that she was basically on top of him now. An extremely powerful tremor knocked him down. Her feet were only a few hundred feet away from him, incredibly close ok Alex's scale. Pink toenails wiggled a little bit in the heat.

Alex's phone rang. It was Jessica. He picked up the phone and tried to explain the situation to her.

"Hey, Alex, where are you?" Jessica asked as she sat down on the rock with a huge thud.

"You're onto going to believe this," Alex began. "Please, just don't move and stay calm."

"Alex, you're freaking me out a little. What's going on?" Jessica shifted a bit, her feet nearly knocking into Alex.

"Okay, okay. Just look down, very carefully, right next to your left foot."

"Okay...?" Jessica said, looking down while keeping the phone to her ear. "I don't see-"

Alex heard a loud gasp, both through the phone and in real life.

"What the hell?" Jessica said aloud, completely bewildered. "Alex, is-is that you? No way."

"Yes way," Alex replied jokingly, trying to calm Jessica down. The last thing he needed was a 60 mile tall giant nervous and prone to accidents when he was right in stomping range. "I don't know how else to say this but... I shrunk."

Jessica hung up the phone and set it down. She leaned forward, her enormous face filling all of Alex's sky. Alex looked up in awe as the green pupils of his crush dilated and focused on his minuscule form.

"Is that really you?" She boomed, unaware of the impact her voice had on her tiny friend. Alex grabbed his ears.

"Yep, it's me!" Alex shouted up at the top of his lungs. He wanted to make sure she'd hear him. "Pretty small, huh?"

"'Pretty small?' You're, like, way smaller than an ant!"

"I know, it's pretty hard to believe, right? Listen, I, uh, well, need your help. It'd be pretty hard to get through the day like this by myself."

"I-I bet. Can I, uh, pick you up? Maybe it'd make talking easier. Besides, I don't like you down there by my feet. I might accidentally step on you."

"Go ahead. Just... don't squeeze too hard."

Alex saw her ginormous fingers headed for him, their pink polish reflecting the sunlight momentarily as they descended. He felt warm flesh surround him and he was lifted high up into the air. Jessica held on with a tight grip, though it was luckily not too bad.

"What the hell happened to you?!" She asked Alex once he was near her head, her powerful voice hurting the little senior's head.

"Please, keep it down, would you?" Alex asked, trying to sound polite but ending up sounding a bit annoyed. "Your voice is so loud it hurts my ears."

"Sorry," Jessica whispered. Alex felt a little bulge in his pants. She was so sexy. "That doesn't answer my question, though."

"I don't really know what happened. I was just walking around in town the other day, eating some food, when I just shrunk. It just happened. There was this bright light and I blacked out and then I woke up this big." Alex didn't want to tell her about all the countless cities that had been shrunk too just yet.

"That doesn't make any sense," Jessica muttered. "You're so small, man! You're less than an ant! Why are you even here?"

"I have no idea!" Alex replied with the Sam tone as her. "My mom just dropped me off here and walked away. I couldn't believe it either."

"Aw man. I gotta help you out, Alex. You'd never make it alone."

A loud ringing interrupted their conversation. The warning bell had gone off, signaling that class would begin in five minutes.

"We need to get going," Jessica said, standing up and throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"Yeah," Alex agreed. "Good thing we have all the same classes. It would be so much harder if we didn't. Speaking of which, what's first?"

"Math," Jessica replied as she walked briskly towards the front door, trying to hide Alex from sight even though he was so small no one would see him unless they knew he was there.

"Great." Math had probably one of the meanest teachers this year. She wasn't that bad, but she was probably the worst of all the teachers. Alex let out a big sigh as he prepared himself for whatever the day would throw at him, though he had no idea what it would be.