- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Alex ran towards the hallway. He could hear his mother stomping in the distance. It took him a long time, but he managed to make it into the hallway. He had no idea where Sarah had been launched to. He looked to his left, where his colossal mother was making something to eat for herself. Somehow, on the floor of the living room, he spotted Sarah's form running. He must've gained enhanced vision when he shrunk or something. He shouldn't have been able to see her from this distance, especially since he and her were so small.

Alex started to run to her. She was hundreds of miles away. It would take him forever to get there. Alex's mom finished making her food and brought it into the living room. She was on a direct path towards Sarah. Her enormous feet thudded on the ground over and over. Alex saw his mother stomp out an entire city without any thought. He saw her feet slam into the ground right behind Sarah, and then he lost track of her.

Alex cursed under his breath and ran over to where he last saw Sarah. His mother propped her gigantic feet up onto the table and crossed them over each other. Her huge soles looked out over the room.

Alex didn't know where Sarah was. She must've been launched many miles from the blast from his mother's feet. He hoped she was okay, but she must've suffered some sort of injury at the very least from the incident.

Alex kept running and spotted Sarah, laying down on the floor. He was too Far away to see if she was breathing or not. Alex ran as fast as he could, without tiring himself too much. Sarah was still in the living room, but she was far enough away from anywhere Alex's mother would walk,'so at the very least she was out of harm's way.

Alex's mother finished her meal and walked back into the kitchen..The tremors weren't that strong this time and were mor of an annoyance. Alex was finally beginning to draw somewhat close to Sarah, but he was still far away. Hours passed and Alex still pushed on towards her. She hadn't moved from her position at all, and he was beginning to fear the worst.

Finally Alex was close enough to her that he could make out more details. Her chest was moving up and down slowly. She was still breathing, so that was good. She must have fallen unconscious. She was lucky to not be dead, just like him. He kept running and he finally made it to her. Immediately he stopped and checked her condition. She looked fine, but Alex knew something was wrong. He had never been too good with science and knew almost nothing about medical subjects. He shook her awake.

She woke up and winced in pain. She held her breath for a few seconds and didn't move. Then she let out a deep breath and started breathing normally again.

"Sarah! Are you okay?" Alex asked quickly.

She took a moment to respond. "I think I'm fine," she said. "I think I broke a rib or two, but I'm not sure. It hurts in that area. What about you? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he answered. "I'm fine. What can we do about you?" Alex appreciated how, even though she was in pain and it had it much worse than him, she still took the time to ask how he was and was actually concerned for him.

"I don't really know," she said. "We might just have to wait."

"Wait a minute," Alex spoke suddenly. "Sarah, do you have a phone?"

"Oh my God. How could I have forgotten?"

"Give it to me."

Sarah reached into her pocket with a look of pain flashing across her face.

"Sorry," Alex said.

Thankfully, Sarah still had her phone. She put her password in and gave it to Alex. He quickly navigated to phone part of the device and punched in his mother's number.

The phone rang for a bit, and then Alex heard a loud ringing. It was coming from his mother's bedroom.

"Oh," his mother said loudly. She began walking towards Alex and Sarah. Her colossal foot laser overhead and she walked into her room. She picked up the phone and answered it.

"Hello?" His mother boomed.

"Mom? Alex asked.

"Alex? Is that you? I can barely hear you! You have to speak up."

Alex raised his voice. "Mom, it's me. You have to listen to me carefully. I know it's going to sound really weird, but you just have to believe me."

"Alex, what is going on?"

"Just listen to me. I know you're in your bedroom right now. Walk out of your room and turn to your left, but don't start walking after you turn."

His mother stomped out of the room. She turned to her left but didn't start walking like Alex had said.

"Alex, what are those loud banging noises I'm hearing?" His mother didn't know that those powerful booms were actually her own footfalls.

"I can't tell you just yet. Now listen carefully to me. You have to exactly as I say, or else things might go really long. Put your right foot in front of your left and take a step, and then put your left in front of your right and take. Step. Keep doing that until I say stop, but you have to stop exactly when I say so. Okay?"

His mother started walking foot to foot, right towards him and Sarah. Her enormous body grew larger as it came closer to them. Her foot stopped a couple miles away from them.

"Stop! Stop!" Alex yelled. He was afraid she might not hear him.

"What is going on?" She asked.

"Mom, now I want you to stay exactly where you are. Don't move any farther. Bend down all the way and look on the floor."

His mother bent down and looked at the floor. Her enormous face looked overhead. Her face was miles above, but it looked like she was right on top of them. Alex could see every pore on her face. Her brown hair fell down a few miles.

"Alex, honey, I don't see anything. Tell me what is going on right now," she demanded.

Alex took a large with. "You won't believe this, but somehow, I've been shrunk. I'm at your feet right now. I'm really, really small. You have to look hard."

"You're messing with me," his mother said, but she kept looking.

"You have to get even closer, mom. Almost as close as you can to the floor, but not so low that your face touches it."

His mother's face grew even larger as it got closer to the floor. Sarah looked up with fear. Alex trembled a bit as well. He felt weak at the knees.

"Where are you, honey?" His mother boomed. Her voice was incredibly loud now that she was right above them.

"I'm right by your big toe," he said. "I think it's the one on your left foot."

His mother looked down at her toe.

"I think I see something," she said.

Alex felt a wave of hope rush through him.

"Oh my God, Alex, is that you?"

Alex started jumping up and down. "Can you see that? I'm jumping!"

His mother's pupil dilated and expanded a ton. She really was looking hard.

"Oh my God! Yes! I see something jumping up and down!"

"Yes!" Alex shouted. "Don't move yet."

Sarah looked elated. "Alex, how small are we?"

Alex told both of them. "Mom, this may be just as hard to believe as believing that I was shrunken in the first place, but we're only about a thousandth of an inch tall."

Sarah gasped, as well as his mother. "You're smaller than an ant!" His mother remarked.

"Much smaller. That's why you need to be really careful. If you lose sight of us, you could step on us without even knowing."

"Here. I'm going to put my hand down, and I want you to step into it. I won't feel safe until you're there."

His mother's huge hand came rushing down from above. She nearly crushed them with it. It stopped right by her toes. Her hand was nearly the size of a small town. Alex grabbed Sarah and the both of them attempted to step into his mother's ginormous hand, but she was too large. Her nail alone was at least a hundred feet tall, so his mother scooped them up in her nail and raised them highly into the air.
Chapter End Notes:
Someone said I should do something where the mother found Alex and Sarah, so I did. I'm not sure where the story will go from here. If it remains aware, the mother will be gentle, but maybe Amanda could still be unaware. Or maybe Alex and Sarah could get lost and his mother would look for them. I'm not sure yet.