- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do all my writing and browsing on mobile and I'm unable to add any categories. Whenever I try to add one, it just reloads the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. For now, just know the story is mainly about feet.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended
Alex awoke after a while and wasn't sure what had happened. No one was. Some others had woken before him, and the rest were following suit. Alex looked around and saw everyone else was as confused as he was. People began openly voicing their concerns and asking questions. Next to Alex was a young woman about Amanda's age. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"What's going on?" She asked Alex.

"No idea," he replied. "You saw the light?"

"Yeah. What are we going to do?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe we should just wait it out and see what happens. What is your name, by the way?"

"Sarah," she answered.

"Sarah? That's a nice name. I'm Alex. Nice or meet you, Sarah."

Alex got up and Sarah did as well. That's when Alex noticed something was wrong. The sky was not blue, and there were no clouds. He couldn't see the sun, either. The sky was a tannish color. There was a bright light coming from somewhere, but he couldn't determine where.

He and Sarah began walking through the city. Anything seemed like a better idea than just staying put. Maybe they could find some clues as to what happened. Alex pulled out his phone to call his mom and tell her what happened. Right after he navigated to his contacts, the phone died. Listening to the music really drained his battery, and now he was paying the price.

It seemed like that there was no electricity anymore. There were no lights on in the city, and no one was driving.

"Do you live close by?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah," Alex answered. "I only live like 5 minutes from here. We could try heading to my house if you want. I tried to call my mom but my phone died, and I can't charge it since it looks like there's no power."

Sarah agreed and they began to walk back towards Alex's place. People were going crazy out in the streets. It was pandemonium. Everyone was trying to make calls but to no avail. If not for the mysterious light in the sky, the city would surely be nearly pitch black.

As Alex and Sarah were walking back to Alexa place, they heard a small thudding sound.

"What was that?" Sarah asked. It was obvious she was frightened by the sound, and Alex tried to act tough. In reality, though, he was just as afraid as her.

"I really have no idea," he answered. "I'm sure it's nothing to be too worried about."

Another this sounded, this one louder. Sarah grabbed onto Alex's arm. Then the this turned into a small boom, and the whole ground shook lightly. Sarah squeezed Alex's arm now. The booms got louder and louder, and the ground shook more and more. Some debris even began to fall from buildings. People were screaming and running. The booms got so loud and the shaking so powerful that Alex, Sarah and many others fell to the ground. Sarah let out a small shriek. Alex remained steadfast, but his confidence was beginning to waver.

The booms suddenly stopped. Maybe they were finally over? Then, even Alex could no longer keep the charade of being unafraid any longer. An enormous barefoot, many miles long, stepped a couple miles in front of Alex and Satah. This was the source of the booms. The most recent one put all the rest to shame. Alex and Sarah were forcibly thrown a few feet, and hunks of debris came flying down from above. The feet stood miles away from the city, and Alex, along with everyone else, looked up. Alex was shocked and terrified. The huge feet belonged to his very own mother.
Chapter End Notes:
These chapters look a lot longer when I'm writing them than they do in the final product. I'll try to work on that and make them longer.