- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Welcome back everyone, *lifts up shield*

I-I-I know that... last chapters ending was a hell of a place to leave off on, b-b-but thats why, i'm posting this so soon. I've been working non-stop trying to get this one out and i even had help with the final peice so there should be no grammer mistakes like last time... don't quote me...

Anyways please enjoy and like always leave me a review about what your feeling after :)

‘A bug is a bug in the end… just like you.’

 

‘There are none like us.’

 

‘Their nice to Kat… and Kat thought you were nice to… Kat was wrong, though, you’re just a mean lady… a mean adult…’

 

‘M-My parents lie a lot… not just to me but to each other as well… why do all adults lie?’

 

‘N-N-No… Y-You can’t c-c-care… Y-You don’t e-even know m-m-me… B-But not even m-my family cares a-about me… W-W-Why… Why!’

 

‘I knew it. You’re just like all the other bugs in this place. I bet Kat knows it now too after you made her cry…’

 

‘Don’t leave, why are you scared of us? They always act like this to us, why?’

 

‘You shouldn’t blame me for doing my job. The only ones to blame are the twins. They failed you just like they failed me…’

 

‘YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO HER!’

 

‘Thank you, Mommy…’

 

 

It hurt… She could feel pain… everywhere…

She could see nothing, though… only darkness…

Coughing violently, Claire’s eyes slowly began to open as she felt… nothing. ‘W-Where… where am I…?’ Attempting to move at all, she soon found out, she couldn’t. Coughing once more, she soon felt something trickling past her lips.

‘Blood… I, I taste, blood…’ Feeling her body growing colder, her eyes soon began to close. She was getting tired… so, very tired… ‘Wake up!’ Twitching, the brunette mumbled incoherently as she felt her body thrashing.

‘I, said, wake, up!’ Opening her eyes slowly, Claire blinked a few times as she saw the shadowy outline of something above her. ‘W-What’s… going on…?’ Feeling the tiredness from before come back, she soon began to close her eyes again until the strange voice in her mind sounded out once more.

‘Stay awake damn it!’ Why did she have to stay awake…? ‘Don’t die!’ Die? What was she talking about? She… Wait, she knew that voice… Opening her eyes once again, Claire looked up at the shadowy outline as it slowly became clearer and clearer.

“L-L-Lily…?” She gargled out, almost as if she were speaking underwater. Why did she look like that… panicked? No… nervous? No… scared… that seemed like it. Why was she sitting over her? ‘Wake up already!’

As the cold feeling surrounding her slowly began to leave, Claire soon shivered as little prickles of pain traveled over her body. ‘OPEN YOUR EYES!’ They were open, weren’t they? No… she was still sleeping… coughing loudly, the brunette soon whimpered before groaning, and finally screaming loudly as the strange numbing feeling she felt left her entirely only to be replaced by sheer, and utter pain.

“Y-Yes, stay awake!” Gasping for air, Claire trembled on her back as she spat up something from her throat. Opening her eyes in pain, she looked up in confusion as she saw Lily staring down at her, her eyes glowing a bright shade of ashen as her hands traveled over her body.

“L-Lily…?” Coughing harder, her lips were soon shut forcibly as the raven haired child glared at her. “D-Don’t talk, you’ll open up your wounds…” wounds… what wounds? What was going on? One minute she was arguing with Lily… but now she was suddenly on her back with her sitting over…her?

Blinking in confusion, Claire looked up at Lily confused. “Y-You’re… smaller?” Glaring, Lily’s hand moved over Claire’s face before forcing her head back down. “I said don’t talk! And I’m not smaller you twit. I had to change your height. I couldn’t… I-I couldn’t close your wounds at that size…” She whispered bitterly as she twitched sporadically.

She said it again, what was she talking about… Furrowing her brow, Claire’s mind tried to think back before it all became apparent. Coughing once again as blood dribbled down from her lips, the brunette looked up at Lily speechless.

‘Y-Y-You… Y-You crushed me…’ It was a clear as day now… her hand balling up above her… and slamming down. She could remember her bones… snapping… and pain… everywhere. Looking away, Lily said nothing as she continued to run her hands over Claire frantically.

“D-D-Do you feel your body inflamed like you were burned?” Looking up at her eyes, the battered girl tried to speak but Lily’s hand shot to her forehead keeping her down. “Do you!” Nodding slowly, Claire groaned in pain as she felt more and more of it flooding into her. It was becoming unbearable!

Sighing, Lily wiped away the sweat from her brow before grimacing as she saw her reddened hands. “I-I-If you feel it… t-then your body’s trying to heal… I-If you couldn’t feel it your nerves would have been shot still.” She stuttered out quietly as she continued to look down at her bloody hands.

Feeling tears well up in her eyes from the pain, Claire tried to move but she couldn’t. Screaming as she arched her back she immediately fell still as Lily looked down at her enraged. “I TOLD YOU NOT TO MOVE YOU IDIOT!” Balling her fists, the younger girl stood up angrily before pacing back and forth.

“S-S-Stupid, stupid, s-so stupid! W-Why did I do it…? WHY!” Gripping her hands together as they shook violently she tossed her head back and forth as she fought with herself. ‘Why did you save the bug?! She isn’t worth the effort!’

She didn’t know! One minute she was dead, the next she was screaming at her to live! Why?! ‘I-It’s not too late. Kill her!’ No, no, no, no, no! She wasn’t going to undo all of her hard work… ‘WHY! JUST KILL IT!’ Falling to her knees, Lily gripped her head in pain as she felt her inner voice shrieking at her.

“S-S-Shut up… shut up, shut up, shut up!” she sputtered through her grit teeth. Feeling something touching her leg, Lily looked down angrily before the rage she felt bled away slowly. Clutching the younger girls dress, Claire looked up with worry as she saw the younger girl flailing about.

“L-L-Lily… a-are you…o-oh k?” Claire croaked out in a raspy voice as she coughed up more blood from her throat. Staring down at the older girl in a state of incredulity, Lily shook violently as she tried to figure things out.

“Y-Y-You’re on the verge of death… W-W-Why are y-you asking me that!” She shrieked angrily, but she was only met with a halfhearted smile. “A-A-Are… you…” She whispered as her eyes began to lull shut again. “DON’T SLEEP!” Stumbling down, Lily cradled Claire’s head in her lap angrily as her eyes lit up again.

Moving her hands around the brunette’s neck, she cupped her tightly as she forced her airways open. ‘STOP IT NOW!’ Ignoring the voice once more, Lily panted in exhaustion as she slowly saw the prone girl's breathing becoming normal again.

Opening her eyes groggily, Claire smiled wearily as she tried to move her hand up to Lily’s face. ‘D-Don’t… look at me like that…’ Why was she looking at her like that? Feeling Claire’s weak hand touch her cheek, Lily visibly flinched before forcing it away.

‘S-S-She’s just trying to hurt you, t-to choke you! End her before she ends you!’ Feeling her hands tighten around the older woman’s throat, Lily grit her teeth before letting go entirely. ‘Do it!’ As Claire’s eyes closed again, Lily began to panic before visibly calming as she saw her breathing normally.

“T-T-Tired… s-she’s just… tired…” Moving Claire away from her, the raven haired girl soon rose as she looked down at the mess she made. There was blood everywhere… Shivering, she staggered towards her bathroom before closing the door behind her…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Claire’s eyes slowly began to flutter open as she felt a stabbing pain all over her body. Gritting her teeth, she tried to move but soon found any time she did the pain would only stick her deeper into her limbs. Deciding it was best not to, the brunette opted to just glance around instead.

‘Where am I?’ She was on something soft… but all she could see above her was some type of black cloth. Grunting, the limp girl soon began to rise not of her own accord as her back arched on its own. Gasping in pain, she looked in front of her in fear as she saw Lily sitting across from her on a chair.

Taking a quick look around it soon became clear she was on her bed. Biting her lip, she clenched her hands as the pain slowly started to cease. Staring up at her, Lilly said nothing as she watched Claire’s struggling form with mixed feelings.

As seconds ticked by, it soon turned to minutes but neither girl said anything to one another, both just as eerily quiet as the other. Watching her, Claire soon began to shiver. What did she want? Folding her hands across her mouth, Lily rested her elbows on her knees as she continued to watch her in silence till one finally broke the chain.

“L-L-Lily… I-I’m sorry…” Raising her brow, the raven-haired child said nothing as she listened to the battered girl’s words. “I… I shouldn’t have called you a monster… and I’m sorry…” Watching her face closely, Lily soon scowled. She wasn’t lying… and it didn’t look like she was trying to kiss up to her either. Why did she apologize then?

Glancing back at her, Claire frowned noticing her expression hadn’t changed. This was really beginning to make her nervous. Why was she still silent? Twitching, Lily soon balled up her hands before breaking them apart angrily.

“Why…” Blinking, Claire looked back at her confused. “W-W-Why… what?” Glaring now, Lily grit her teeth as she rose up from her chair. “Why… did I save you…?” Staring back at Lily with widened eyes, the brunettes words all but left her. Not because of shock or because of fear… but simply because, she didn’t have an honest answer to that question.

Shaking her head, Lily stumbled forward as she tried to remain calm but it seemed her anger was beginning to come back out. “I-I-I’ve run every scenario in my mind… and, still… I can’t figure it out.” Smiling darkly, her eyes began to glow the same eerie shade of black as the brunette remembered as she stared down at her callously.

“Maybe… maybe I just wanted the pleasure of killing you again… it happened too quickly last time…” She chuckled darkly as she began to stumble forward slowly. Paling, Claire tried to move, but the pain came back full force causing her to whimper in anguish.

“Y-Y-Yes… t-that has to be it… s-saving a bug… it makes no sense…” Shaking her head, Lily soon stood over her bed before crawling onto the edge of it. “I-I-I’ll j-just shrink you again… a-and recreate the event that’s confusing me… C-C-Closure… yes! That has to be it.” She laughed feverish, causing the prone girl to panic.

This was escalating downhill fast! Biting her tongue, Claire’s hand rose shakily as she tried to halt her. “W-W-Wait! L-L-Lily, p-please t-think-“, “THAT’S ALL IVE BEEN DOING!” She barked angrily as her hand rose up, Claire’s body soon rising as well painfully.

“All… all you’ve made me do since coming here is made me think… think about things that confuse me… I… I can’t be confused, my mind can’t be… but you keep doing it to me!” Crawling backward, Claire soon stiffened as her back was pressed against the headboard of the bed.

“T-T-The twins are to blame… t-t-they changed you didn’t they?! Made you an enigma! Something that makes no sense!” She screamed as both her hands clenched at the air at her sides. Looking up at her now, Claire almost wanted to retract her apology. The way she looked now… her eyes glowing black, her hair beginning to wave around, her hands clawing towards her… A monster was the only thing she could think of to describe what she was witnessing.

Chuckling darkly, Lily inched closer and closer before she was right in front of Claire now. “S-S-So… the only r-real question is… how small, should I make you again?! F-Five inches? T-T-Two?! M-Maybe just a spec!” She laughed happily before both her hands clutched onto the trembling girls head.

“Tell me what you want!” She finally shrieked causing Claire’s mouth to go dry, fear telling her desperately to shove the homicidal girl away from her. As her eyes danced in every direction besides the enraged girl's face, Claire soon looked at something that brought her back to an earlier thought.

“…”

Hissing, Lily pulled Claire’s head up before slamming it back painfully. “SAY IT AGAIN!” Crying, Claire sniffled as she looked Lily in her blackened eyes. “P-P-Play… you’re piano again…” Letting go of her head, Lily recoiled in confusion before looking behind her.

“W-W-What…? W-Why?!” She stammered out in confusion. Licking her lips, Claire tried to word this very, very carefully. “I-I-If… if you’re going to j-just kill me again… W-Would you p-please give me the honor of hearing you play… j-j-just one more time…?”

Freezing up, the cogs in the younger girls mind began to turn as she tried to decipher the strange request… but she couldn’t. That wasn’t something a bug asked for before she killed them. They always begged her not to or something else just as pitiful… what was the meaning of this?

As her eyes slowly began to change back, Lily scowled at her angrily. “Why should I do anything you say?” She whispered venomously. Noticing the change, Claire nodded her head before speaking again. “P-P-Please? I, I want to hear something beautiful… just one more time. Your music… it was magnificent. Please play for me again Lily…”

Staring back at one another, Lily soon began to twitch before pulling back a bit. ‘Weird… s-so weird… b-but, I can kill her after… y-yes…’ Nodding her head slowly, Lily soon crawled off her bed, missing the loud sigh of relief that followed the pain stricken girl.

Feeling the voice in her head quiet down somewhat, Lily sighed herself. She had been fighting her for hours… it was tearing her apart. Moving in front of the old, brown grand piano, Lily scowled before sitting down.

Flipping the key covering aside, she took a deep breath before closing her eyes. Moving her hands to the keys she soon began to play the Moonlight sonata from earlier till Claire called out stopping her. “N-N-No! Not that!” Opening her eyes, Lily looked back confused.

“W-W-What? Why?” Fumbling with an excuse, the brunette just opted to shake her head. “Not something your parents made you play… Play, something… anything you want. But play it because you want to… please?”

Furrowing her brow, Lily’s mind began going over all the songs she knew before she shook her head. Her parents had made her learn all forms of classical music, what else did she expect her to play? Hearing the piano ring, Lily looked down in shock as her hands touched the keys.

‘W-W-What…?’ Moving her hands over the keys slowly, her brow furrowed as a light tune started to play. ‘What the hell is this? I don’t know this song?’ It wasn’t even a song, it was just random keystrokes… No… it wasn’t…

Closing her eyes, Lily stopped playing as she felt her hands trying to touch the keys once more. ‘What are you…?’ She had heard this song before, but for the life of her, she couldn’t remember where. Forcing her hands down, Lily glared at the piano unsure of what was happening.

“DON’T STOP, KEEP PLAYING!” Looking back at Claire, Lily scowled at her before looking down at her hands. ‘Bum… bum, bum…’ Biting her lip, Lily moved her hands back confused before it happened again… they started playing.

Closing her eyes, she stroked the keys slowly, a bit rusty really… but something was starting to come back. ‘Bum bum, bum bum… bum, bum bum, bum bum…’ Repetitive, familiar… not classical… what was it?

Watching Lily carefully, Claire nodded. She was right after all. There was something she witnessed when she played earlier. A gut feeling… but it looked like it was true. Lily was hiding something, but, from herself.

As the tune began to pick up, Lily’s head slowly started to sway as she got into the song more. She knew it, but it felt foreign to. What on earth was it? Feeling her fingers come to a stop on the final Key, she froze. Opening her eyes, Lily shivered before they widened in horror.

Falling off her chair, Lily Looking up at the piano in horror, almost like it had attacked her. “W-W-What?! B-B-But I never played that before!” She remembered where she heard it from… it was when she was a baby. How on earth did she remember it like that?!

Watching Lily on the ground panting, Claire grew worried. That hadn’t been the reaction she had been expecting at all. Moving her feet off the bed, she grimaced as she felt the pain shoot through her. ‘D-D-Damn this hurts!’ Her whole body was on fire!

Biting it back, she staggered forward as she made her way towards the fallen girl who was beginning to hyperventilate. “L-Lily, are you ok?” Receiving no reply as she moved closer, Claire soon stood over her as she watched the younger girl beginning to sweat as she still looked on at the musical instrument in revelation.

Reaching forward to rap the girl's shoulder, Lily was soon broken out of her trance as she stared up at the older girl in bewilderment. “I-I-I never… learned that song… W-Why do I remember it…? I-I don’t understand…” She stammered, quietly before stiffening as she felt the appendage on her shoulder.

Instantly Claire’s hand shot back of its own doing before Lily Glared at her angrily. “N-N-Never… t-touch me…” Nodding quickly, Claire said nothing as she watched Lily display many emotions all at once, her face twisting back and forth as she tried to discern what they all meant.

It was like she had seen a ghost or something… but though the song she played. She couldn’t even begin to describe it. “L-Lily… W-Where did you hear that song?” Shaking her head, Lily said nothing as she looked down at her hands.

“Wrong… I-it’s wrong…” Frowning, the brunette was about to ask what she meant until her body suddenly stiffened and became upright. Gulping, she shivered in fear as she saw Lily beginning to rise as well. “Wrong… wrong, wrong…” Taking a step forward, Claire looked down in surprise as she soon sat on the Piano bench herself.

“I… never played it… so why…” Looking back at Lily, the older girl was about to ask what she was doing before gawking in sheer shock as Lily sat up on the bench before climbing onto her lap. “H-Here, h-h-hands here…”

As her arms were stretched forward, Claire didn’t even know what she wanted to ask anymore. Looking down at Lily, she shivered in silence. This was the closest the child had ever been to her… but it seemed like she wasn’t even aware anymore.

“P-P-Play…” Feeling her fingers beginning to move, Claire watching both in surprise and fascination as she began playing the same keys as Lily had before. She hadn’t seen the notes she had used but her fingers were being controlled none the less to play just what she wanted her to.

It was actually a little impressive. She never had a lick of musical talent in her blood. Glancing away from her hands, Claire changed her vision to Lily as she watched the girl slowly starting to sway to the music. Sitting with one another for about 5 minutes, her fingers soon came to an end with the music before her arms were freed from their self-use.

As her body was her own again, Claire looked down at Lily… but she was quiet. Seeing her movements cease, she soon began to worry. She could never tell what the child was thinking… and when she turned quiet it usually ended badly.

Moving her hand to the girl's shoulder, the brunette paused before pulling it back. ‘Don’t touch her… yea…’ Sighing, she lowered her head before looking over at Lily’s face but her bangs were covering it entirely as she hung her head.

“Lullaby…” Blinking, Claire tried to hear the faint mumble from the raven haired girl but as quick as it was said it was gone. “L-Lullaby?” Nodding quietly, Lily’s head soon rose as she looked at her piano. “The song… It’s called lullaby. Agnes used to play it for me when I was sad…”

Frowning, Claire moved her hands over the keys as she gently tapped them, with fail, as she tried to hit the beginning notes of the song. “I-I-Is Agnes y-your mother?” stiffening, Claire lowered her gaze in shock as she felt something dripping onto her arm.

‘A-A-Are… T-Those can’t be…’ Gulping, Claire moved her hands very slowly to Lily’s face before cupping her cheeks. With widened eyes, she turned quickly before brushing the younger girl’s hair aside to see a pair of tearful gray eyes.

“L-L-Lily, what’s wrong!” Sniffling slowly, the younger girl looked downward as she moved her hands over towards her keys. “S-She… She was my Matron…” Freezing, Claire’s mind tried to comprehend what the child had just said… but she was drawing blanks.

“M-M-Matron…?” Trembling, Lily moved her hands onto her lap as she tried to think clearly. For some reason… the voices weren’t talking back. “M-My name…” Pausing, the younger girl looked up to see Claire’s concerned face before continuing quietly.

“Is Lily… J-Just, Lily…” Feeling her breath hitch in her throat at her statement, Claire’s eyes widened as she soon realized the weight behind what she had just admitted to her. “Y-Y-You’re… You’re an orphan?” Clenching her fists, Lily looked away quickly as she jerked her face away from Claire’s hands.

“D-D-Don’t… Don’t do it…” Frowning, Claire’s hands moved up to Lily’s face again before they were suddenly forced to her sides against her will. “DON’T, T-TOUCH ME!” She screamed as fresh tears began to fall from her eyes.

Shivering, the brunette nodded timidly as she saw the shivering girl on her lap. She wanted nothing more to just embrace her… but she didn’t want it. “Lily… Please talk to me… Let me in. I want to understand why you’re so hurt…”

Scoffing, the raven haired girl wiped away her tear stained cheeks before glaring up at her. “U-Understand! You can’t! You couldn’t possibly understand! No one can!” She shrieked angrily, but it soon bled away as she saw the remorseful eyes she was being given in return.

“T-Then make me understand…” Looking back at the older girl quietly, Lily shook her head slowly before raising her hands. “W-W-Why…” Giving her a small smile in return, Claire tried to move her hands up, but regrettably, they were still locked against her as she tried to hug Lily gently.

“Because, I care…” Stiffening in fear as she saw the younger girls eyes beginning to glow, it soon left her as she saw a confusion pass over her features. Moving her hands slowly towards Claire’s head, the brunette squirmed as her temples were gripped.

“L-L-Lily, w-what are you-“, “Shhh…” Gulping, Claire nodded as she let the girl do what she wanted. As they stared into one another’s eyes for minutes, soon Lily’s hands pulled back as she looked at Claire in disbelief.

“Y-Y-You… You’re, you’re like… me?” Staring back into the shuddering child’s eyes, Claire’s face went blank. “I-I-I’m like, you?” Nodding slowly, Lily’s hands moved over Claire’s before pulling them up over her head. “W-W-Why… Why are you…” trailing off, Lily’s lips continued to move but no further words were uttered.

Taking the hint, the captive girl copied what had previously been done to her as she touched Lily’s forehead with her own thumbs. Closing her eyes, Claire soon found herself beginning to feel dizzy before losing her consciousness entirely…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Opening her eyes, Claire’s brow furrowed as she saw herself standing outside some type of a building. It was night and raining as well, yet, she couldn’t feel the water falling onto her skin. Sticking her hand out, she moved her fingers over her wet palms, but it was like they were completely dry.

‘This is my mind, not yours… The rain isn’t real.’ Jumping, Claire all but screamed as she felt something grip her hand. Looking down in shock, her eyes were met with a pair of ashen ones as Lily stood next to her in the downpour.

Looking down at their hands, the older girl’s brow rose at the close contact Lily was surprisingly displaying with her, but she seemed to either disregard her glancing inquiry or just outright ignore it. As the rain began to fall harder, thunder cracked overhead as Lily looked down the street outside of the building they currently stood by.

‘Lily what’s-‘ Pausing, Claire’s lips moved but nothing came out. ‘In my mind, all you need to do is think, and we will understand each other.’ Shivering, the brunette nodded before continuing with her question. ‘What are we doing here?’

Pointing back to the road, Claire watched quietly as a car soon began to speed up towards them. As it came to a loud screeching halt, her eyes observed it closely. It looked like a beaten down BMW with broken tail lights and a cracked windshield. Surprisingly though she had seen worse.

As the passenger side’s door opened, a person wearing a heavy cloak stepped out before running up to them. Attempting to step aside, Claire’s wrist was tugged as Lily gave her a firm look telling her to stay. Moving across from them, the woman stopped at the doorstep before pulling her cloak aside to reveal…

Feeling her breath hitch, her eyes traveled to Lily but the child said nothing as she looked on as well. ‘I-Is that who I think it is…’ Nodding slowly, Claire shivered as she watched the scene unfold. Kneeling down at the doorstep, the person she now realized was a woman set down what she had been holding before banging on the door.

Looking back at the car, the driver’s side window rolled down before someone else waved her back in. Nodding the woman looked down once last time before running quickly back to the car and out of the rain. As they drove off, the door soon opened as a woman in her late sixties stepped outside groggily. Glancing down in panic, she quickly scooped up what had been left there before looking her over.

Resting in her arms… was a baby. Feeling her hand clenched tightly, Claire sulked sadly. ‘So you were just left on a doorstep…’ Scowling, Lily looked away sadly as she watched the woman go inside with her younger self.

As the scene came to an end, Claire watched in surprise as all the rain began to stop before freezing in midair like a film on TV being paused in front of her. ‘I can only project what my minds visualized at the time… when Agnes took me inside, this is where my memory’s left off… But thanks to the twins… they gave me something I never wanted…’

Looking down at Lily confused, she was soon startled as the rain drops began falling upwards instead of down. Slowly time seemed to reset itself in front of her very eyes before everything was back to the way it was just moments before.

However this time… she could hear things, a little differently. As the rain clattered around her, she looked back at Lily as the child’s eyes lingered on the ground. Hearing the car from before screech up into a halt, the brunette looked over at the woman as she stumbled out of her car again.

“I’m going! Just, just give me a second alright!” ‘You could hear them? But, you were only a baby…’ Staring up at Claire in sadness, she nodded before looking back at her birth mother. ‘The mind is a powerful thing… any memory we’ve made is always there… You just need to know how to access it, and I spent months trying to piece this one together… But, I really wish I hadn’t.’

Furrowing her brow, the brunette was about to ask why until she heard the woman knocking on the door. Kneeling down over her baby, she smiled sadly before cuddling her for a moment. “Come on, don’t get attached to the damn thing. We’re trying to leave it here remember?”

Growling, the woman turned back to the driver angrily as she set Lily back down. “You don’t need to tell lecture me asshole! I was just saying goodbye. You try shoving her out of yourself for five hours and don’t feel a little remorse!”

As the man’s window was lowered, he waved her back angrily. “Well, I offered to abort the damn thing, but you didn’t want to spend that much money! It’s not my fault we can’t afford to take care of it, now let’s go!” As the horn was honked repeatedly, the woman screamed varies curses before running back over and entering the vehicle.

As they drove off, Claire could only tremble as she replayed what they had just said… over, and over… and over… ‘N-N-No… T-There... t-t-there has to b-be a mistake…’ That was impossible. She refused to believe what she had just heard.

Looking up at her solemnly, Lily shook her head. ‘I refused to believe it to… at first. But, my mind isn’t hiding anything from me, not anymore. The reason I’m alive today… is because my real parents were too poor, to not even have me…’ Lily whispered in a shrill voice as the memory began to fall away.

Cupping her mouth, Claire coughed into her hand as she felt sick to her stomach. ‘I spent… months, trying to remember them… and this is all that awaited me…’ Looking down at Lily tearfully, Claire bit her lip as she tried to speak, but it seemed she was beyond emotional at this point.

Falling to her knees, she gripped Lily tightly before crying into her shoulder. ‘I-I-I’m… I’m s-so sorry…’ Blinking, Lily looked up at Claire wordlessly but said nothing as the memory faded away to be replaced with a new one.

‘You can let go of me anytime… I can’t feel you in here…’ Looking back at Lily in shock, her hand moved up to the younger girl’s cheek but her look remained indifferent. ‘I don’t want to be touched… or even feel someone’s touch… it makes my skin crawl. So please, let go of me.’ Frowning, the older girl nodded, respecting her wishes, as hard as that was. She could never fathom what pain she must have felt upon first discovering that. Her heart would have broken long ago… Kind of like Lily’s now…

Looking down at the emotionless girl, Claire shook her head. As the new room was slowly fitted together like that of a puzzle, Lily sighed as she watched her younger self, stumbling forwards awkwardly. Looking at the raven haired toddler, Claire expression soon began to change into a small smile as she saw her laughing as she walked on two feet before stumbling over and falling down again.

‘Y-You’re adorable…’ Glaring, Lily decided not to comment on her… younger years, as the scene began underway. Standing on her feet again, the toddler giggled before a few older kids entered the room. Looking up at them confused, the oldest amongst them smiled and walked over towards her… before shoving her down.

Whimpering, Lily soon began to cry loudly before the other kids ran off laughing. Scowling, Claire looked back at Lily but her face remained the same. ‘This memory doesn’t have much to do with my life overall… but that was the beginning of what turned into this…’

As the memory moved forwards quickly, Claire watched blurs moving left and right robotically till time seemed to slow down now, the Lily from before gone only to be replaced with a slightly older one. Sitting in a living room with her shortened hair worn in pigtails, Lily smiled happily as she held a small doll in her hands.

If the brunette had to guess she looked about two or three years old. Once again, however, the memory turned dark as three older boys entered the room. Whimpering, Lily rose to her feet before backing up but that didn’t seem to do much as the kids advanced on her.

“Hey, no name, what are you doing?” One of them laughed happily before moving to her side. “Playing by herself because she has no friends?” Another giggled before the older of the two stepped in front. “She’s not alone, she has a dolly.”

Reaching forwards, Lily let out a shrill scream as the toy in her hands was yanked away from her before the oldest of the three boys lifted it over her head. “Now she’s alone!” Laughing, all of them began tossing it around to one another as the crying toddler tried desperately to get her toy back.

“Come on say your name and we’ll give it back to you!”, “She can’t say her name because she doesn’t have one!”, “No name, no name!” They all began to chant before Lily finally broke down. Falling to her knee’s she began wailing loudly causing the other boys to panic.

“Lily is that you, what’s wrong?” Dropping the toy, all three boys ran out of the room just as an elderly woman walked in. Looking down at the younger girl bawling loudly, she frowned before making her way over to her.

‘This… is Agnus…’ Nodding, Claire watched as the elderly matron lifted Lily up warmly as she hugged the girl. “Now, now, calm down and tell me what’s wrong.” Sniffling, Lily pointed to her doll before pointing in the directions the boys left.

Frowning, she nodded already understanding what had happened even if she wasn’t there. “Some of the older kids picked on you again, didn’t they?” Crying louder, the woman sighed before shushing Lily. “Now it’s alright, tell me what did they do today?”

Whimpering, Lilly wiped her eyes dry before looking up at the woman dismayed. “T-T-They call me no name again…” Scowling, the woman sighed having heard that little *nickname* as it was multiple times since Lily’s first arrival.

“We’ve talked about this young lady. You do have a name. Just because it wasn’t the one your mother gave you, doesn’t mean it holds any less value.” Walking over to the large bay window overlooking the room, the woman smiled warmly as she headed over to a plant on the windowsill.

“Do you see that there?” Wiping her runny nose, the toddler stopped whimpering as she saw a bright white flower drinking in the sun from the window. “That is a Lily. Their pure and radiant, just like you.” Nuzzling the girl’s cheek, the toddler soon giggled before hugging the older woman.

“Now don’t let anyone ever tell you that you don’t have a name. From the day you came into my care, I knew from first sight what I’d call you. Now, what’s your name?” Giggling, the toddler rose up as she tried to say the foreign word. “L-L-Lily?”

Nodding, Agnes set the raven haired girl down before moving over to her doll. “Now I believe this belongs to you?” Squealing happily, Lily nodded before hugging the elderly woman again. Sighing, she shook her head before patting her gently.

“Why don’t you come with me for today? I have some shopping to do, and you can be my little helper, how does that sound?” Nodding quickly, both began to leave the room before the scene came to an end.

Sighing, Lily shook her head in annoyance. That was a stupid name for them to call her and she couldn’t fathom why the younger her was such a crybaby because of it. It made her sick to see herself so weak. Looking back at Claire, she paused in surprise as she saw a warm smile over her features.

‘You must have had a special connection with her huh?’ Looking away, Lily soon nodded before the room began to shift. ‘She was the only one in this godforsaken place that cared about me. I had no friends… no family… but she was always there for me… until they came.’

Looking down at Lily concerned the room soon began to shift as she saw some type of dining room with Agnes and two others sitting there. ‘I wasn’t paying attention at the time… I was in another room, but this is what I made out.’

Nodding, Claire listened as the people soon began to speak. “I beg your pardon but you want to do what!’ Agnes stammered in rage as the two people in front of her stared at her bored. “We were lead to believe that Ethen was a very talent boy when we first adopted him, but it turns out he really isn’t… so we’re going to try again. We’ve already filed the proper paperwork and protocols so he’ll be staying here from now on.’ A woman with long platinum blonde hair muttered carelessly as she read through varies documents.

Looking at the upscale couple, the elderly woman just shook her head in disbelief. “H-He’s not a product! You’re talking about returning a child, your child to the orphanage!” Sighing, the man, stood up before the woman soon followed.

“We are well aware but as my wife has just said, he was falsely advertised. He simply is not fit to be a Delacroix.” Blinking, Claire’s eyes widened abruptly at the last sentence before she looked down at Lily. ‘A-A-Are they your-‘Raising her hand, Lily silenced her before something soon rang out causing everyone to look around.

“Is that, a piano?” The blonde muttered quietly before Agnes rose. “D-Don’t change the subject, this conversation is not over!” Ignoring her, both adults stood up before following the music. As they came into a large dining room, they watched curiously as they heard a gentle tune before their eyes widened upon seeing who was playing it.

Smiling happily, Lily sat at a large white piano as her fingers gently pecked the keys like she had seen Agnes do a hundred times. However, it seemed she had a captive audience, both from Claire in surprise and the two adults currently watching her.

“Who is this child? I don’t remember you ever telling us about her. How old is she?” The man turned back quickly before the elderly woman glared at him. “She is not up for adoption, not to the likes of you two!”

Looking to one another, both adults smirked as they looked down on the matron darkly. “And what right do you have to refuse us? We are two, stable, wealthy individuals currently looking to fill a hole in our lives with a child, a daughter to be specific. Just because our last one didn’t work out, that’s no reason you can refuse us… at least, that’s how the court will see it if we file against you by cause of partiality.”

Gritting her teeth, the woman’s anger began to rise before all of them noticed the music coming to a stop. “Something wrong Aggy?” Looking down in surprise, Agnes shook her head as she tried to push Lily behind her but she was quickly beaten to it.

“No, no, cutie, of course not. What’s your name?” The woman spoke up in a bubbly voice before kneeling next to her. Looking up at the newcomers curiously, she smiled back. “Lily.” Smirking, they looked to one another before glancing to Agnes.

“Well Lily, we have good news for you. We were here looking to adopt, and I think we might have just found the little girl we’ve been searching for all along.” Blinking a few times, Lily looked up at Agnes in confusion. “Me?”

Attempting to speak up again, the elderly woman was once again beaten by the man this time. “Yes, of course, you. Tell me, sweetie, how old are you?” Counting her fingers slowly, Lily soon lifted up three before they both smiled.

“Well isn’t that adorable! Yes, I think you are most certainly the one we want. Tell me… err, L-Lily! Do you want a mommy and daddy today?” As her eyes widened, the raven-haired girl looked up speechlessly before looking to Agnes almost pleadingly.

Feeling her throat clench up, the elderly woman looked down at the star-stricken eyes of the younger girl before glowering as she saw the dark look the parents were giving her. There were two ways this was going to pan out… perhaps the one that hurt her least was the best course in the end… for Lily’s sake…

As the scene came to an end, Claire looked down at Lily dismayed at the stopping point of her memory, but one look told her all she needed to know. ‘S-S-So… you were adopted after all…’ Nodding slowly, the raven haired girl closed her eyes as she hid her emotions from the elder girl.

‘I hold nothing against Agnes. She, she always looked out for me…. So she must have thought at the time, this was the right thing for me. Even, if it meant leaving her care…’ Nodding sadly, Claire kneeled down again before patting Lily’s shoulder.

‘P-Please… go on, I want you to show me more.’ Looking back at her sadly, Lily lowered her gaze as the room faded away. As a house came into view, Claire looked around speechlessly as she saw the beautiful building.

‘This was my new home. At the time, I thought it was paradise, It was beautiful. Of course, I also thought a lot of other things too… like I had loving parents… or that my life was getting better and that things would be perfect from then on… and maybe, maybe I had found the place I belonged… Foolish dreams, of a stupid kid.’ Lily whispered bitterly before the memory left off with them in her room.

Looking around, Claire nodded having noticed not much had changed. Maybe a few picture frames but nothing very noticeable. Hearing a light pinging noise, the brunette soon turned towards the familiar grand piano as a younger Lily pecked at the keys, her look rather hollow compared to the other ones she had shown from her memories.

‘It was about a month into my stay, that I realized my life hadn’t gotten any better.’ Lily whispered darkly as she saw her defeated younger self. As she tapped on the keys, she pouted as she listened to the tune that once made her happy, but now was her worse nightmare.

‘Father and Mother are strict. They forced me to play 6 hours in the morning when I woke up, followed by another 3 before bed. They wanted me to cling to this talent they thought I possessed, so they made sure to have me trained… every, single, day.’

Feeling her hand clenched tightly, Claire frowned. That sounded rather brutal from someone her age. If she spent nine hours a day on an instrument, what time did she have to herself? ‘None…’ Looking down at Lily, the child met her with a cold gaze.

‘Every day… I’d wake up, and I knew my life from start to finish. My every day planned… my every move watched… my every meal premade. Nothing was spontaneous… nothing was special. The only relief I felt, was shutting my eyes at the end of the night… but even then, my dreams kept me awake sometimes… haunting me…’

Hearing the pain in her voice, Claire leaned down again with her arms open, but it seemed Lily was true to her words as she inched away. ‘Comfort isn’t something I’m accustomed to… and because of him, I can’t even touch someone without hating…’ She whispered venomously before turning away.

‘H-He…?’ Freezing, Lily looked back at Claire before gritting her teeth. ‘NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!’ Lowering her head, Claire’s expression softened as she heard the defensiveness in her voice. ‘Lily… I’m here for you… b-but you need to show me everything. You say I can’t understand, but that’s because you’re hiding your true feelings from me. I can tell you had a painful childhood… but that doesn’t just constitute how you are now. What… what changed…?’

Seething in silence, Lily tugged her hand out of Claire’s before staring up at her darkly. ‘Do you honestly expect me to show you my whole life, everything that’s pained me? How about every cut or boo-boo to! Don’t make me laugh… Why should I trust you with anything? Hell, why am I even showing you any of this now! It-It makes no sense…’ She whispered in anger as her eyes began to glow darkly.

Cupping her head, Lily soon grit her teeth in pain before shaking her head. ‘N-N-No… s-stay down…’ Falling to her knees, Claire quickly gripped Lily as she saw the girl beginning to digress. She knew the signs now. ‘Lily control yourself! I-It’s your emotions don’t let them control you again!’

Shaking, Lily’s body soon slowed down before she took a deep breath. ‘D-Don’t, touch… me…’ Pulling back quickly, Claire frowned as she saw the vulnerability in the younger girl. ‘Why… why do you hate me when I try to comfort you?’

Glaring down at her loathsomely, Lily turned away before the blank area they kneeled in began to shift slowly. ‘I… will only give you one warning… if you ever… ever, speak of this… or even think of it… I will personally kill you, in such a graphic way, that everything you know, and have known unto this point… will be a lie. And the pain is the only thing you can cling to, to remain sane. Do, I, make, myself, clear…’

Gulping, the brunette gave her a firm look before nodding. Whatever she was about to witness, it was something Lily must have taken great caution to hide from everyone… m-maybe even the twins? Looking down at Lily with determination, the Claire soon nodded once more. ‘Show me.’ Clenching her fists, Lily turned away as the memory slowly changed. Sitting on her bed with a small stack of papers, a younger Lily, probably about four or possibly five, sat with varies music sheets as she studied them.

Nothing seemed to off just yet. However, as a knock was heard, the younger girl stiffened before looking up. Upon opening however her eyes lit up at the person she saw. “Hey Miss Lily, how’s my favorite girl?” Giggling, Lily waved to a man dressed in a black dress suit as he came in with a small tray of drinks. “I heard you were studying all afternoon alone so I thought I’d come by and give you some company.” The man grinned before moving the tea over to her nightstand.

“Dan!” Smiling back, he hopped up on her bed next to her before looking over the sheets. “Huh, Mozart… isn’t that a little advanced for you?” Frowning, Lily nodded sadly before the man patted her on the back. “Well, it will be alright. You’re a very special girl. I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it eventually.” Grinning, Lily nodded before a cup of tea was handed to her.

As Claire watched the strange interactions between butler and heiress, she shook her head. ‘I-I don’t understand what’s wrong? He seems like he’s trying to be friendly towards you. Isn’t that what… what…’ Pausing mid-sentence, the brunette watched quietly as she saw Lily’s entire form trembling.

‘Lily…?’ Shaking her head, she just pointed back before Claire nodded. Looking back at the scene as it sped up, she began watching closely as days passed by quickly. Each time around the same time of day it seemed, this Dan fellow would come by, bring her something to eat her drink, talk for a while, and then leave. Why did this make her so angry?

Noticing a pattern, the brunette’s eyes looked over to the clock before nodding. 3:00 every day on the dot. He was punctual too. After a while she soon noticed Lily waiting as well as their chats became a daily thing. But, it seemed like she was genuinely happy now compared to the previous times she had seen her.

As time began to slow down now, Claire looked up at the clock as it read 2:45. Furrowing her brow, she soon blinked in surprise as Lily’s door opened, but, with no knock first. Stepping inside the room, Dan smiled over at Lily as she looked up at him surprised.

“Hey little lady, I just thought I’d drop by since it’s my weekend after today. I won’t be seeing you until next week.” He shrugged, causing the younger girl to pout. “Aww, no need to be sad, that’s why I came here a little earlier, so we could spend some time together before I go.”

Grinning, Lily bounced up and down on her bed happily as he came over and joined her. “So what are you up to today? More music sheets or piano practice?” Nodding, Lily lifted up the book she was currently on as she showed him her work.

Watching carefully, the hairs on the back of her neck began to rise as the brunette began noticing some things rather off. ‘Why didn’t he bring in her usual snack?’ Even if it was his last day that didn’t mean he was allowed to slack on his duties.

Looking up at the clock as well, she furrowed her brow. As she continued to observe him, her eyes suddenly widened as she saw something she hadn’t expected to happen. Moving his hand over her back gently, it soon began to move lower, and lower…

“Dan, what are you doing?” Smiling, the man shrugged before petting her gently. “Just showing my favorite little girl how much I’m going to miss her.” He smiled sheepishly before his hand continued to move lower.

Fidgeting as they talked, Lily soon inched away from him, as she felt his hand resting on her lower back now. “T-That feels weird… can you not do that?” Scowling, the man, smiled again before his hand continued to inch forward.

“Aww, there’s nothing weird about it, come on, just relax.” Feeling herself being pulled closer to him, Lily soon began to squirm. “Dan, stop it, t-that hurts!” Lily cried as she felt a tight grip on her arm. Cupping her mouth, Claire watched in silent horror now as she felt things slowly beginning to click into place.

Crying out in shock, the brunette watched speechlessly as she saw the butler suddenly pull Lily into him before pinning her into himself. “DAN, STOP IT!” Covering her mouth, the man grit his teeth as his free hand began moving over her stomach and under her dress.

“Shhhh, be quiet Lily and just enjoy it. All we’re doing is hugging!” He grinned darkly as Hand moved upwards. Screaming at him, Lily soon began to thrash but she couldn’t even begin to fend off someone as big as he was with her small stature.

Shaking her head, Claire pulled her eyes away from the scene in horror as she looked over at Lily, whose back was still facing away. ‘W-W-What… w-what a-a-am I seeing?!’ Clenching her fists, Lily remained silent as the scene suddenly took an unexpected turn.

As the man’s hands continued to move under the screaming girl's clothes, the door to her room soon opened startling them both. “Elizabeth is everything all…” A woman in a maid’s uniform stopped abruptly before her eyes widened.

Looking at the maid in shock, having been caught red-handed, the man’s hands quickly let go before he got off the bed. However, he didn’t have much time to react as the maid took off. Cursing loudly, he immediately ran after her, leaving a trembling Lily on her bed as she spasmed horribly.

Curling into a ball as tears fell down her cheeks, the raven-haired child soon began to scream loudly as she wailed into her bedsheets… the memory ending there. Trembling almost as much as the child was, Claire shuddered as she slowly turned her attention to Lily, whose back was once again facing away from her.

‘Soon… soon after this got out, the maid went to my parents directly to tell them what she had seen… and do you know what happened?’ Shaking her head slowly, she was soon met with hostile eyes as Lily’s angry black ones glared at her.

‘SHE WAS FIRED!’ Stiffening, the brunette shook her head, not comprehending what she meant. ‘She interrupted my father’s precious board meeting and made him look bad! So you know what he did to the only person in this damn mansion who helped me?! He fired her on the spot and had our guards remove her from the house!’

Shivering, Claire shook her head. ‘B-B-But… but y-you… you were…’ Glaring up at her angrily, Lily shook her head. ‘Childish nonsense… is the term my mother used when they later found out. They confronted Dan about it… and guess, who, they believed…’

Feelings tears beginning to fall once again, Claire shook her head in disbelief. ‘YOU’RE THEIR DAUGHTER!’ Scoffing, Lily shook her head. I’m their heir… and I’m a child… With no proof but the word of a scared little girl, they had didn’t care. And Dan… continued to work in our home for many weeks after that…’ She bit his name out venomously as she shook with rage.

‘I… I trusted him… loved him. He was the only friend I ever had… and the only person I thought cared about me… and he defiled me!’ She shrieked causing the entire room around her to shake from the temper in her voice. Panting, Lily soon began to spasm as she tried to contain her rage.

‘Lily…’ Glaring up at her, the raven haired girl raised her hand before Claire’s body suddenly stiffened. ‘Every… Every time I trust someone… I’m betrayed. Even the people I’m reliant on trusting from birth… abandoned me… And you, still think, I’ll ever trust you? You’re mad…’

Grunting in discomfort, Claire leveled her gaze with a stern look of her own as she tried to fight off the mental bindings surrounding her. ‘W-W-What… about… them!’ Furrowing her brow, Lily’s eyes suddenly widened before she growled.

‘The twins… betrayed me the most… I trusted them to… and they let me down…’ As the room around them began to shift, Claire’s attention was forced forward as she saw Lily running down a long winding parking lot leading away from her home.

‘After a couple weeks, I couldn’t take it anymore… I couldn’t bear the thought, of being in the same building as that… Monster…’ Lily grunted out in pain as she cupped her head. Watching the memory flicker every so often, Claire soon frowned.

She was losing control again, and it was only a matter of time before her homicidal side returned. As the crying child reached the end of her driveway, she looked up at the gate blocking her escape before jumping on the fence and climbing it.

‘I ran away…’ Jumping down, Lily soon cried out in pain from the fall before crawling to her feet. Stumbling forward, she soon froze as a pair of lights shined brightly onto her. Covering her eyes, the younger girl tried to see what it was blinding her but it was far too bright.

“Lily Delacroix? Or perhaps we should call you Elizabeth? Whatever you’re more comfortable with I suppose. Would you care to take a little drive with us?” As two figures stepped into the light, Lily looked on at them completely confused.

Standing in the headlights… in the middle of the night, were two little girls. Looking at the memories closely, Claire nodded as she saw the twins in two matching red dresses. Their hair was the same as it was now, so that confirmed her theory that Lily was the last person they had confronted. This had to be recent, maybe within a years’ time.

Stepping back slowly, Lily shivered as she saw the twin girls smiling down at her with a look of pure authority surrounding them. “There’s no need to be scared of us Lily. We know your problems, and we’re here to help you.”

Shaking her head slowly, Lily quickly turned to leave before her body was frozen in place. “W-W-What?! W-What are you doing, stop it, let me go!” She screamed before the twins stepped up towards her. “Please, just hear us out. 5 minutes is all we want, and we’ll let you go. We want to help you, Lily… so please trust us…”

Trembling, the younger girl tried to struggle but for some unknown reason she couldn’t. Whimpering quietly, she nodded in dismay as both blondes took her hands. “Why don’t you come inside where it’s a bit warmer, you might catch a cold in this weather?” Sophia chuckled already knowing that to be a myth, but it seemed to work as Lily began walking with them.

As they entered the car together, Lily looked around in fear but it didn’t seem like the two girls her age wanted to harm her… yet. Scowling, Alexis cleared her throat, before the person in the front of the vehicle opened her door and stepped outside.

Now completely alone, both siblings looked down at Lily as they studied her closely, the girl in the middle quickly beginning to tremble from their joint gaze. “You have been hurt… hurt more times than most. But you have built something from those past traumas. Will, tenacity, determination. These keys you have borne will be the foundation of your greatest strengths and put you on a pedestal above the rest. You just need a spark to ignite this hidden strength.”

Grinning, both sisters took Lily’s hands in theirs as they pet her gently. “We will be that spark. We will be the ones to give you what you need. Anything you wish, we can make a reality for you with time. All we ask in return for our aid is yours in the future when the time comes. Lily, we want you to be our friend and our horsemen for what’s to come.”

Staring back at the two sisters confused, the younger girl shook her head not understanding. “W-W-What do you want me to do?” Smiling, Alexis moved her hand over Lily’s head before closing her eyes. “To accept my gift, and be the best you can possibly be with it…”

As the memory faded, Claire was silent as she saw Lily panting quietly, her twitching having stopped… for now. ‘They… They said I would be their champion. Of all the people they had reached out to, I was the best so far… And I fell for it, hook, line, and sinker.’ She whispered angrily before looked up at Claire in rage.

‘They promised me things... many, many things… wishes I dreamed of… but, that’s all they were… wishes.’ She hissed before the room began to fade out completely, Claire’s consciousness leaving her as they returned…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

Groaning, Claire soon gripped her head in pain as she felt a horrendous stabbing feeling in her mind. ‘D-Damn it that hurts…’ She remembered the twins saying it would whenever she did something like that but this one was far worse than any of the other times.

Opening her eyes, the brunette looked around as she saw her surroundings. She was still on the music bench like before, but Lily was no longer sitting on her. Staring up at the large grandfather clock next to her, Claire’s eyes soon widened in disbelief.

‘S-S-Seven?!’ She was in Lily’s mind for almost an hour. No wonder she felt like she had a hangover… not, that, she knew personally what that felt like… Rubbing her cheek sheepishly, she chose not to dwell on why she knew that comparison before her attention shifted elsewhere as she looked for Lily.

She didn’t have to look search long however as she saw the child in question standing beside her window, looking out of it at the fallen sun, dusk, already underway as the moon began to shine into the dimly lit room.

Moving to her feet, Claire soon cracked her bones before sighing. She actually felt pretty good, headache aside. “Your body was self-healing itself when we spoke… you should be fine… for now.” Shivering, the brunette nodded before slowly making her way over to the quiet girl.

“The door… is behind you.” Blinking, Claire turned around before the door to the room swung open. Looking back confused, she soon turned attention back to Lily who still kept her face hidden. “L-L-Lily? W-What are you saying…?”

Clenching her fists, the younger girl turned partially as she leveled an angry look towards her. “Leave.” Shaking her head, Claire turned back completely before walking over towards her. “Y-You… You’re letting me… go?”

Nodding, Lily crossed her arms behind her as she faced the window again. “Tell the twins whatever you want… just mark my words. If you ever tell any of the others what I have showed you tonight…” Letting the statement hang, Claire nodded quietly but remained still.

Twitching, Lily turned around angrily as she stared at the frozen girl. “I, said, leave!” Frowning, the brunette shook her head quietly, before Lily’s hand rose. “March…” Grunting in discomfort, Claire soon found herself trying to walk out, but it was weaker now, much weaker. Holding her ground, she grit her teeth as she fought off Lily’s control.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IF YOU DON’T LEAVE NOW, I, I’LL… I’ll kill you…” Her tone, it didn’t sound as much of a threat as it used to be. More like a saddened realization. As her eyes widened, Claire finally understood what she was doing.

“T-T-The other you… you're holding her back, aren’t you?” Gripping her head, Lily released her weakened control over Claire before falling to her knees. ‘L-Let, me, stop her!’ Shaking her head, Lily dug her nails into her hair as she tried to keep it at bay.

“S-S-She… I-Is a bug… b-but she won’t… hurt, us…” Feeling something soft, placed on her shoulders, Lily’s eyes shot open in shock as she heard the voice immediately silenced. “Of course I won’t… I could never hurt you…” Claire whispered quietly as she gently held Lily’s shoulders.

“L-L-Let… let go… Let go, let go… LET GO!” She shrieked, as she fell backward in fear. Immediately doing just that, Claire grimaced as she saw the pain flash across her face. “Lily, I’m not him! I won’t hurt you. I won’t, please…” Clutching her head again as the voice came back loudly, Lily screamed in pain as she shook on the floor.

“SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP!” Moving over to her quickly, Claire pulled Lily’s head onto her lap as she shook. “Lily calm down!” Gasping, the quivering girl soon panted as she voices began to die off again. Looking up into Claire’s eyes quietly, she shook her head not understanding how this was happening.

“W-W-What… a-are you doing… to it…” Furrowing her brow, the brunette shook her head not understanding her statement. Rising slowly, Claire’s hands pulled away before Lily’s shot out grabbing her. “D-D-DON’T!” Freezing, Claire watched in surprise as she saw the child’s hands move hers onto her again.

“Y-Y-You’re… k-keeping her, quiet…” As her eyes widened, the older girl looked over Lily carefully as she saw her shuddering form soon relaxing. ‘I-I’m… calming her head?’ That didn’t make any type of sense to her considering how painful her touch seemed before.

Shivering in silence, Lily’s eyes closed as she continued to let Claire hold her. Every fiber of her being was disgusted by her actions… but the voice in her head was nonexistent for once… she felt, peace… As her body was suddenly pulled forward, Lily’s eyes shot open as she panicked, but she soon stopped as she saw Claire attempting to hug her.

“C-C-Can… C-Can I…?” Blinking slowly, Lily soon nodded as her body grew tense. Pulling the girl into her, Claire closed her eyes as she gently pet her head. “I won’t hurt you… ever… I’ll never hurt you. Please believe me.” As her eyes glowed black, Lily soon nodded as she read her thoughts… they felt… pure.

Looking up at Claire, she shivered in silence as she saw a beautiful white aura surrounding her. Lifting her own hand up in comparison, she sulked in silence. Her own was a faint black in comparison… ‘Garbage…’ feeling tears welling up in her eyes, Lily soon sniffled before crying softly.

“G-G-Garbage… garbage… garbage!” Frowning, Claire was about to comment till she soon realized… she wasn’t talking to her. Burying her face into Claire, she continued to whisper muddled as she was hugged gently.

 

 

 

She had done it…

 

 

 

She had finally, broken through…

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

Chapter End Notes:

Hopefully, thats not as bad of an ending as before xD

Anyways, i hope you like where this is going so far because we're not quite done just yet. Hang on and enjoy whats to come, i'll see you all soon.