- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Welcome back one and all, i'm so happy to be coming to you from... actually i'd rather not say my address... xD

Anyways i was a little sad with the lack of reviews last chapter, but i know that was my fault for posting two chapters back to back. It probably made it look like my story was just there for awile... or i lost some fans somehow...

Anywhoo... I hope you all like this chapter and review, i can't get enough of your thoughts!

enjoy!

Claire quietly observed as she watched the scene in front of her closely. Every time her hand stroked down Lily’s hair, her body would tremble and quiver. It didn’t take her long to soon realize why however, she was vulnerable. This was the closest someone had probably ever been with her since the twins came into her life, and probably a bit more before that as well.


Slowing her hand to a stop, the brunette frowned noticing her body tense. Even with all her powers, it seemed she was still just a scared little girl underneath it all. Not a monster… not some malicious psychopath… just someone who had been hurt, and took more pain than any normal person her age ever should.
Sighing quietly, Claire pulled away before Lily’s hands shot out grabbing her. “D-Don’t…” Scowling, Claire moved her hands back before hugging Lily tighter. “We can’t sit like this for the rest of our lives Lily… you need to talk to me. What’s going on, in there?”


Turning her head slowly, the child’s ashen eyes met with her own as she carefully observed the older girl. “I-I… I don’t know… I, I can’t hear anything but my own thoughts… I-It feels good…” She whispered in a shrill voice as her eyes began to close.


Nodding, Claire’s hand moved up to Lily’s cheek before gently brushing it… however, as expected, she flinched upon contact from the gentle gesture. “Lily… I can tell this really bothers you. Y-You know I’m not going to do anything to you… right?” Nodding slowly, Lily continued to remain still, unsure how to respond.


“I… I can’t help it… I want to crawl away from you b-but… m-my body’s yelling at me to stay put. B-B-But the moment I d-do move… s-s-she’ll come back.” Tears slowly formed over Lily’s eyes before Claire’s hands moved under them to wipe them away.


“H-How about we just talk for a little… maybe try and calm your nerves?” Going quiet, Lily frowned unsure of what to say. “Why don’t you start by telling me a little about yourself?” Claire soon trailed off hoping Lily would add onto her statement.


Thinking it over carefully, the raven haired girl soon nodded. “I… I guess… ask me whatever you want… I-I’ll try to answer.” Nodding, Claire smiled as she turned Lily around so they were facing each other. “Alright, let’s try something simple. How about your name? I’ve heard everyone here call you Elizabeth, why is that?”


Scowling, Lily turned away bitterly before looking over her room. “After I moved in… my name was legally changed to Elizabeth by my parents. They thought it would give me more of an ascendant name for when I supposedly took over their business… but I won’t use it.” Looking up at the brunette firmly, Lily shook her head. “Agnes gave me my name, and that means more to me than anything else. It’s the only thing about me that’s mine…”


Nodding in understanding, Claire drummed her fingers gently on the younger girls back as she thought about what to ask next. “How… how long have you had… it?” Tapping her head, Lily soon scowled as she looked down at her hands.

“She’s been with me ever since the twins came. About a month into my new life, I started hearing a voice in my mind… it told me what I should do, and I listened. Eventually, though, it told me to do things I didn’t want to do… and that’s when it took over… and now, it fights me for control…” Holding Lily’s hands gently, Claire nodded sadly as she saw a small line of tears traveling down her cheeks. She had been fighting this for so long… and no one even knew.


“It will be alright Lily. You just need to control your emotions like you did before.” Growling, the raven haired girl sat up before glaring at the older girl. “D-Do you think it’s that easy! E-E-Every day I wake up… I have to fight her for control… She tells me what to do… sometimes good, other times not. But no matter what it is she tells me to do… I’m always fighting to stay sane.” Lily panted out through grit teeth as she felt her inner voice already trying to speak to her again.


Nodding, Claire moved Lily over on her lap before hugging her closely. “M-M-Maybe Sophia and Alexis can-“Stopping abruptly as she heard a low growl, Claire looked over at Lily before shivering. “I… Will, never… ask them for something again…” Lily spat darkly before turning to meet the confused brunette’s eyes.


“The reason I’m even like this now… is because of them.” Shaking her head slowly, Claire sighed. “Lily, there’s no way they would have known you’d turn out like this. You can’t hold it against them.” Scoffing, the child turned away as she tried to hide her face.


“They knew full well what they were doing to me! Do you have any idea what it’s like… to wake up one morning, thinking something like them was a dream, and then finding myself able to do… unimaginable things…” She whispered breathlessly before clenching her fists.


“My mind… was not ready for that kind of power. They didn’t train me in it, they just let me run free! I had no clue what I was getting involved with until it was too late! I… I remember the first thing I did once I knew it was real, though… and I wish every day, every... day... I didn’t do it…” Furrowing her brow, Claire once again turned Lily around so she was looking at her directly.


“W-What did you do…?” Twitching, Lily’s lips curled into a smile as her eyes grew a dark shade of black. “I killed him…” Gulping, Claire nodded already figuring out who she meant. “B-B-But… it was too quick… I didn’t drag it out… I didn’t make him f-feel the pain, he caused me.” She sputtered quietly as tears began to fall down her cheeks.


“Now… now, the last face he made before I ended him… haunts me, every day. Do you have any idea what it’s like, to see everything you ever did, and have every mistake you’ve ever made showed back to you… like some kind of degrading slideshow?” Shaking her head slowly, Lily nodded.


“This is the curse they gave me… Because of them, I see every mistake in my life, every pain I’ve ever felt, every laugh I’ve ever heard directed at me, and everyone who's ever wronged me, as fresh in my mind as if it had happened just today… and then it repeats… over, and over, and over…” Lily muttered darkly as Claire looked at her in sadness.


“The… the only way I’ve ever been able to stop these feelings… was by making others suffer… monsters.” Lily’s eyes instantly lit up. “I hate adults… they trick me… they treat me like I’m some kind of an outcast… and they're always evil… That is the only thing the twins ever gave me I can thank them for… a purpose.” She whispered bitterly before looking down in her hands.


“Stopping monsters… it helps me… but even then, only for a short time… then I’m right back to fighting myself again… and again… and again.” She panted as her hand moved up to her head painfully. “She… she can’t see the difference, though… all of them… bugs… A-A-And I can’t stop her!” Lily screeched before a pair of arms wrapped around her tightly.


“Shhh… it’s alright. She’s not here now, so just, relax…” Claire whispered silently with fear in her heart before calming herself as she saw the child soon calm down as well before leaning into her once more. “H-H-How can I relax…w-w-when e-every time I do… and I let someone help me… I’m always betrayed… even by the twins…” Lily sputtered in sadness. "What... makes you any different... I let you in... a-a-and then you stab me in the back to..." she cried out softly before Claire's hand moved under her chin directing their eyes towards one another. "Lily, I will never do that to you. I will never betray your trust. But I need you to trust me in return first." Claire's expression turned stern.


“You’re so wrapped up in your own pity and distrust of everyone that you can't even see all the things you’ve been blessed with.” Gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl glared up at her but remained silent for her to continue. “You have many blessings. A family, friends, talent, that’s just a few of the hundreds I know you could think of too. You need to dwell on happier things and not let your own memories haunt you.”


Shrugging away the older girls hands, Lily stared down at her angrily now. “What are you talking about?! My family is all monsters, my so called friends hate and despise me, and my talent is all a lie that the twins manifested! I can’t even remember the last time I was ever happy, and my mind never forgets!” She shrieked before panting slowly.


Cupping Lily’s cheek, Claire smiled softly at her before hugging her once more. “I don’t despise you.” Feeling her breath hitch, Lily pulled back in surprise from her statement before feeling her hands slowly cupped.


“And I know the others don’t hate you either. You seem to think so little of them, but yet you’ve never tried to give them a chance yourself. I've met them all these past few days. and each one has had burdens and pains like you. You might not think they'd understand but they would, I know this. But you lash out at them, and that's what makes them act they way they do towards you. You’re afraid of being hurt, and trust me, I can understand that, but you care. You care about what others think and about others too… at least you used to. And I’m not going to believe that part of you is gone, even if you try to deny it.”


Gritting her teeth, Lily averted her eyes once more, unable to meet the brunette's head on. “I… I could care less… what any of that trash thinks about me…”, “Then that means you can still care.” Furrowing her brow, Lily remained silent as Claire began nuzzling her gently.


“If you could care less that means you still care. And if you can still care that means you can care for others… just like I’m caring about you now.” Sniffling, Lily once again said nothing, unsure of how to respond to her gentle reply.
She had always fought anger with more anger, but Claire wasn’t baited by it. Anytime she barked at her, she was always met with a gentle kindness that felt foreign. The last time she had ever felt something like this... was back when she was still an orphan. She just didn’t know how to respond. Shaking her head, Lily soon closed her eyes. “How could one kid change you so drastically?”
Furrowing her brow, Claire looked down at Lily confused before her eyes suddenly shot open. “I-I… T-That’s… T-T-That w-was a  long time ago...“ Sighing, Claire shook her head before resting her chin on the younger girls shoulder. “You already know what mistake I almost made… don’t you?”
Nodding, Lily rested her head against Claire’s as she recalled the memories she had glimpsed. “Why did she stop you from doing it?” Shrugging, Claire soon smiled as she recalled one of the few moments that had shaped her life so severely.


“I don’t know… I guess it was because she gave me a small light, a small glimmer of hope that I needed all along. And that’s what I’m trying to be for you.” Smirking, Lily reached for Claire’s hand before pulling it over her lap. “I don’t think our two situations are even remotely alike…” As her fingers brushed over Claire’s wrist, she quickly withdrew it before frowning.


“What happened might not be, but the outcomes are. Lily, if you can’t learn to control your rage… you’ll probably end up worse than where I would have.” Lowering her eyes, the child said nothing as she thought about her words deeply.


What she was asking her to do was basically forget everything… and her mind just wouldn’t allow it. Looking up at the clock on the wall, Claire sighed quietly. It was a little past eight and it seemed like with how much progress she had made, there was still just too much left. There just wasn’t enough time in the night to try to tackle all of these issues she had. When morning came, she didn’t know what would happen… she needed to resolve this by tonight, for Lily’s sake.


‘She refuses my help, refuses the help of the only two people who really could help her… and I don’t have enough knowledge about anything going on inside her head…’ It seemed like this was just a loose dream then… ‘Damn it why was this so much simpler with Kat?'


Blinking, Claire’s eyes suddenly widened before she grinned. “L-Lily… I think I found a way I can help you.” Looking back at Claire, the raven haired girl scowled. “I’m not, letting the twins do anything to me ever again…” Shaking her head quickly, Claire soon stood up, pulling the begrudged girl with her.


“I-I’m well aware, you’ve made that quite clear… but I think I know someone else who can help…” Raising her brow, Lily’s eyes widened to new proportions before she glowered darkly. “You’re insane if you think for even a moment she would help me. She hates me more than any of the others.”


Smiling, Claire kneeled down before extending her hands. “Trust can go long ways. You just need to be willing to extend it first. So trust me when I say, she will help you.” Crossing her arms, Lily looked over at her grandfather clock before sighing.


“How do you expect us to get there?” Pausing, Claire’s eyebrows scrunched as a hole in her plan was suddenly poked within seconds of making it. “I guess… one step at a time?”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _



‘I, regret, everything…’ Panting tiredly, Claire looked up in the sky as she saw the moon overhead. It was probably a little past nine now, having walked for over an hour. Usually, that wouldn’t be so hard… but…


Feeling a flick on her head, Claire growled as she nudged Lily upwards on her back. “I’m not that heavy…” Sighing, Claire simply shook her head before she continued walking. “Never said you were… I’m just not that fit…” She panted out tiredly.


Back home she used to jog in the morning for exercise but adding on an extra fifty pounds did little for her cardio and upper body strength. Feeling another flick on the back of her head, the brunette soon groaned. “Forty-three point seven…” Hanging her head, Claire nodded before picking up her pace.


“I really wasn’t calling you fat…” Nodding, Lily remained silent as she looked around somewhat intimidated. She had never been carried on someone’s back before, and it all seemed rather strange… but she knew if she didn’t keep within an arm’s reach of the older girl her mind would split once more and her damned inner demon would come out again.


Driving wasn’t really an option either. All her families’ cars were under lock and key in another quart yard. She had never spent that much time rifling through her servant's minds. To locate which one had knowledge of where the keys were or had them on hand and when they could get a car away without being noticed could take countless hours… so, of course, Claire had to do something stupid.
Staring down at the tired girl, Lily simply shook her head. Why was she trying to go this far for her? She said it was because she cared, but who cared for someone they didn’t know this much? Resting her chin on her scalp, Lily looked around somewhat bitterly.


“You live here?” Nodding slowly as she jogged at a light pace, Claire soon grinned as she saw the familiar streets she had spent time memorizing. “Y-Yep. Home, s-sweet, home… kind of.” Shaking her head, Lily decided not to comment as she saw a few people circling a car with a broken window across from a parking lot near her.


If the twins really cared as much for the girl as she said they did, then why did they let her live here? She knew they often offered a place to stay for Kat, so why would Claire be any different. This was a rather bleak place for anyone to live… Feeling her curiosity beginning to come out, Lily’s eyes glowed a faint ashen as she looked to see what all the twins had actually offered Claire. They usually promised things to each of their friends… so was she any different?
Scanning her mind subtly, she soon shook her head slowly as she came up blank, although… something felt off. She hadn’t noticed it prior since she wasn’t specifically searching for it… but something was concealed from her. ‘What are you hiding?’ She had done something like this with her own mind so one of her *friends* wouldn’t see her past…


But this was something else. It was complex, and on an entirely different level of blocks in her neuropathways that she honestly couldn’t fathom. No normal person should have been able to regress such memories. ‘Not even I was able to block mine this well. The only people who could possibly even do this were…’ Narrowing her eyes, Lily’s soon grew dark as a passing thought entered her mind.


She’d have to tell her at some point… if the twins didn’t beat her to it that is. “Hey Lily, you doing alright back there?” Blinking, the younger girl nodded quietly as she gripped Claire tighter. “We’re almost there alright?” Nodding again, the raven-haired child gave her mind another glance before sighing.
It seemed they both had more in common than she originally thought. She wasn’t the only one betrayed by the twins…



_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Opening a small doorway, Claire slowly entered her apartment before looking around. Flipping on the light switch near her, the brunette peeked around before smiling. The place was about the same as when she left it.


“So this is your home?” Nodding, the older girl stepped aside before Lily soon walked in behind her, her hand clutching Claire’s. “Well, I guess… welcome.” She shrugged before closing the door behind them. Letting go of her hand, Lily waited patiently before nodding to herself as she heard the voice in her mind silent once more.


Stepping around the apartment, the raven haired girl furrowed her brow. It looked… adequate. “So how long have you been here?” Shutting her front door, Claire stepped back in quietly before looking back to Lily.


“I’d say about a month now. I recently moved before… everything happened.” Nodding, Lily continued to pace around the apartment as she let her thoughts travel. Keeping a close eye on Lily, Claire soon began to calm. She didn’t know what to expect once the younger girl hopped off her back but it seemed like she was fully in control.


‘A step in the right direction I suppose.’ Now she just needed to find out if- “Meow…” Blinking, Claire looked down at her feet before her eyes lit up. “Mittens!” Poking her head out, Lily looked over towards the brunette as she lifted a little black and white kitten in the air before nuzzling it.


“Oh, it’s good to see you too!” She cooed quietly as the kitten began licking her cheek. Petting him gently, Claire soon looked him over before sighing. “Now that I’m… you know bigger… thanks for not eating me and all…” Chuckling as the cat began to purr, Claire soon set it down just as Lily moved back.


“I wasn’t aware you had any animals.” Shaking her head, Claire was about to tell her she didn’t before a loud thumping was heard beside them. “C-C-Claire?!” Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette slowly turned around before feeling herself shiver.


Standing on the stairs, Kat trembled as she saw the older girl standing in front of her. “Kat!” Looking at her almost as she wasn't even there, the orange haired Neko soon began to shake before surging forward. Coughing, Claire gasped as she was tackled to the ground.


“CLAIRE!” Thrashing, Claire choked in pain as she felt her body being squeezed remorselessly in an overly powerful hug from the small child. “K-K-Kat… A-Air!” Nuzzling her chest, tears streamed steadily down Kat's cheeks as she cried into her.


“P-P-Pretty lady… K-Kat… Kat missed you so much…” She whimpered out as she continued to cling to the fallen girl’s chest. Coughing, Claire smiled through the pain she felt as she hugged Kat back. “I… I missed you to Kat. More than you can imagine.” Pulling back with teary eyes, Kat soon began to sniffle, unsure of how to respond.


“Kat… Kat d-d-didn’t mean to…” Giving the child a quizzical look, Claire soon propped herself up as she stared back at the crying girl. “Kat… what’s wrong?” Sniffling, the Neko's eyes turned away in dismay. “K-K-Kat d-didn’t mean to c-call you that… K-Kats sorry…”


Feeling the cogs in her mind slowly beginning to click, Claire soon scowled before pulling Kat into her. “Kat, look at me.” Whimpering, the young cat girl averted her eyes even more till Claire cleared her throat. “Kat, I’m going to count to three and you’re going to look at me. One, two-“ Quickly looking back in fear, Kat soon began to cry even harder before Claire pulled her face into hers.


“Don’t cry Kat. I know it was an accident, but I don’t care what you call me. You're precious to me, so please just talk to me next time. Don’t run away. You scared me when you did, and I was really heartbroken you didn’t come see me today.”


Whimpering louder, Kat buried her face into the brunette’s neck before sobbing loudly. “Claire, Claire… Claire…” Shushing the girl as she wept, Claire smiled warmly down at her as she gently stroked her back. “It’s alright, I’m here now, let it all out.”


Nodding, Kat continued to cling to her before someone soon alerted her to the fact... they weren't alone. “So she was staying here. I figured you had only let her here for a night… perhaps I was mistaken.” Pulling away slowly, Kat soon began to twitch as she looked down at Claire confused.


Scanning her body, her eyes soon locked onto her clothes… or more, the blood all over them. She had been so caught up in seeing her, that she had completely missed that fact… until now. Turning around, the orange haired girl grew silent as she saw her.


“Lily…” Raising her brow, the raven haired girl wasn’t quite sure how to respond as she saw her *friend* beginning to rise. “You… You hurt the pretty lady?” Glancing to Claire, Lily soon scowled. “That’s none of your business…”


Trembling, Kats eyes soon began to glow an eerie red before her tail swished back and forth wildly. “You hurt her… you hurt pretty lady… YOU HURT CLAIRE!” She hissed. Raising her hands in shock, Lily grit her teeth as she all but forced Kat’s body to freeze as the swift girl was immediately in front of her.


“You hurt her… you… hurt, CLAIRE! Kat will kill you!” Kat roared through her teeth as she began to inch forward. Flicking her index finger forward, the orange haired child was suddenly sent tumbling back as Lily crossed her arms. “Don’t think you can rival me…” She had much more experience with her power then Kat had with hers.


Kicking off the ground, Kats' fingers twitched as she suddenly shot towards her once more, just as savage as she had prior. Glaring, Lily’s hand rose again freezing Kat where she stood. “You won’t win…” Shrieking angrily, Kat fought vigorously through her invisible bindings before she suddenly began to move closer.


‘W-What?!’ As Kat began to walk forward, Lily had a make sure she was seeing this right. The younger girl shouldn’t have been able to even breathe with as much pressure she was putting behind her. Feeling her arms beginning to shake from the sheer strength she was having to freeze, Lily’s eyes grew black as she forced her hands forward sending Kat backward into the wall.” Do… not think, you are stronger than me… I will crush you!” Lily spat as she shuddered, her voice suddenly awakened in rage.


Kicking off the wall, Kat soon lunged at Lily again before the raven-haired child slammed her hand down forcing Kat into the ground. “STAY DOWN!” Beginning to spasm, Lily’s eyes soon widened as she saw Kat pushing herself up slowly.
“Kill you… I’ll Kill… I’LL KILL YOU!” Kat shrieked furiously as she saw Lily slowly inching backward. Stepping back, Lily’s hand moved to her temple as she felt her control wavering. ‘N-N-Not… now…’ Standing over her, Kats' hand rose as it reached for Lily before something moved in-between them both shoving them away.


“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Claire screamed before Kat was suddenly launched into the wall with enough force to cause it to crack behind her. Blinking, Claire looked back at Lily in horror before she shook her head. “S-S-She… she just stopped!” She had been pushing Kat back this whole time, but all of a sudden, all the force behind her had just vanished right when Claire intervened.


Running over to Kat in fear, Claire looked down at the limp girl before she slowly began to lift her head. “Kat!” Shaking off the debris from the drywall as if nothing had occurred, the orange haired girl soon stood up startling them both. “What is she doing here?!” Kat hissed angrily before freezing as she saw the dark eyes she was being given.


“Kat, apologize!” Gawking at the older girl, Kat looked back at Lily as she saw the other girl gripping her head in pain. “B-But… S-S-She hurt you, Claire!” Kat argued before Claire crossed her arms. “Kat…” Lowering her tail, Kat looked away bitterly before nodding.


“K-K-Kat… Kat is... sorry Lily…” She whispered bitterly. Nodding, Claire kneeled down before pulling the frustrated girl into her. “Kat it’s not what you think… we, we have a lot to talk about…” Looking up in confusion, Kats eyes soon dimed before returning to normal as she looked back at Lily who was panting on the floor.



“She needs your help.”




_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Sitting on her couch, Claire’s hands draped both girls as they continued to glare at one another. “Kat doesn’t want to…” Frowning, the brunette looked down at her pleadingly. “Kat, please! I know you had trouble dealing with your inner voice at one point. Well, Lily does too, but she can’t control it… she desperately needs your help…”


Glancing back to Lily as she shook, Kats eyes soon narrowed. “Did you hurt the pretty lady on purpose…” Glaring, Lily turned away before Claire’s hand nudged her back. “Lily… Remember what I said about trust?” gritting her teeth, the raven haired girl soon sighed.


“I… did try to hurt her, but she stopped me… before I killed her.” Latching onto Kat quickly, Claire soon grunted as she tried to restrain the screaming girl from all but lunging at the other girl furiously. “Kat that’s enough!” huffing angrily, Kats' eyes flicked back and forth from red to green as she hissed.


Shooting an angry look Lily’s way for angering her, the brunette soon sighed. “Kat, she saved me too!” Pausing, the orange haired girl glanced back at Lily in surprise before staring back at Claire. “B-B-But… But blood…” Tugging on Claire’s red shirt, she shook her head. “It was an accident. But she did save me. So please, help me save her now.”


Lowering her gaze, Kat soon began to squirm before looking back at Lily. Scanning her closely, Kats head slowly began to nod. Sweat trailing down her brow, her stiffened form. Her shaking hands… taking a deep breath and closing her eyes, Kat soon rolled her neck before they opened, a blood red coloring now present where her emerald ones once were.


“You can’t control her if she controls you.” Blinking, Lily looked back at Kat before glaring at her. “I’m aware… if you’re just going to lecture me on such trivial things then this was a bigger waste of time than I had previously thought.”


Glaring, Kats hands moved forward right as Lily recoiled. “Give them to Kat.” Narrowing her eyes, Lily was about to scream at her to stay back before a gentle pat on her back calmed her. “Lily… she won’t hurt you, I promise.”
Looking back at Claire with worry, Lily’s hands slowly began to unclench. “What… what are y-you going to do?” she stuttered out, flustering herself a bit. Smirking, Kat’s tail slowly swished back and forth before showing her, her own hands.


“It tries to tell you things… it tries to lead you to things… it tries to show you things… but everything it does is for one reason… it wants to protect you.” Looking back at Kat with widened eyes, Claire looked over to Lily in surprise.
She had never thought about it that way. “P-P-Protect me!? IT’S RUINING MY LIFE!” Narrowing her eyes, Kat shook her head. “Your life is yours, but it wants you to keep you safe… by any means necessary…” Staring back at Claire sadly, the brunette nodded.


“Kat thought the pretty lady was bad… but Kat was wrong. Kat showed me better… and now Kat will show yours.” Narrowing her eyes angrily at the strange way she had phrased it, Lily inched away before Claire stopped her. “Please, Lily… you want it to stop don’t you?” trembling, the younger girl grew quiet.
“W-W-Why… are you helping me… You hate me…” Glowering quietly, Kat glanced to Claire before looking back. “Kat does hate you, but Kat doesn't as well… but Kat loves the pretty lady… and the pretty lady likes you… so Kat will help you, for her.”


Smiling warmly, Claire leaned down before giving the girl a small peck on her forehead earning a loud purr in return. Taking a deep breath, Lily soon nodded before moving her shaking hands forward. “W-W-What are you g-going to do…?”
Grinning, Kats own hands cupped Lily’s as her eyes glowed brighter. “Tame it…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

“LET ME OUT!”

 

 

“LET, ME, OUT!”

 

 



Shrieking, a young girl with black hair, thrashed angrily in darkness as she fumed in volatile rage. “ANSWER ME NOW! LET, ME, OUUUUUUTTTTT!” ,”You are not in charge…”


Turning around hellishly, the black haired girl's eyes glowed a shadowy ashen as she stared at an orange haired girl in front of her. “Get… out… Get out… GET OUT!” As her voice thundered around the enclosed environment, Kat tensed.
“She is you, and you are her… one, not the other way around… you, do not control her.” Kat whispered darkly as she watched the demonic visage of Lily screaming angrily. “TRASH, YOU’RE TRASH!” Coughing, Kat fell to her knees as she felt herself being choked painfully.


“My mind… this, is, MINE! Die… Die, die, die, die, DIE!” Growling, Kat soon rose as her own eyes glowed blood red. “You, are not, in, charge… and you’re not as strong as you think.” Standing up, the shadow of Lily froze as her control was rendered useless.


“I AM IN CHARGE, I AM! SHE NEEDS ME!” Stepping over the trembling girl, Kats' hand moved forward before she gripped her forehead. “She needs her friends… not you. You… obey her…” Screaming, the girl thrashed angrily but she couldn’t escape the younger girl’s hand.


“YOU’RE FILTH, YOU DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!” Smirking, Kat shook her head before tightening her grip. “You are nothing…” Croaking, the maddened girl soon fell silent with fear as she felt the overbearing pressure of Kat surrounding her.


“Now obey her… or you’ll obey me…” She hissed, causing the shadow to nod slowly. She could feel herself… being pulled into her, absorbing her... “You are her, and she is you… one. Do I make myself clear…?” Nodding again in fear, Kat soon released the shadow as the surrounding area around them soon lightened. Falling to her knee’s, the shadows eyes soon turned normal as she shook violently. She was… weaker…

 

“Obey, or be erased… work together… or be consumed… you decide… or I will…”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Watching silently as both girls held their eyes shut, Claire soon grew worried. Neither had said a word for the past ten minutes… they both just acted like they were in their own little world, oblivious to her. Every once and awhile one of them would twitch, but otherwise, nothing new had occurred.


‘Is this really going to work?’ If it didn’t then the Sophia and Alexis were probably the only ones left who could help her… but if she kept refusing them… what would become of her? Jumping in freight as both girls suddenly opened their eyes; the brunette uttered no word as they continued to look back at one another.


“Does she speak?” Kat whispered quietly as Lily’s expression changed back and forth. Pulling her hands away slowly, Lily’s eyes closed as she listened… but, there was nothing, only silence. “I… I don’t hear it… w-w-what did you do?”
Smirking, Kat moved her hand to Lily’s forehead causing her to flinch involuntarily. “She’ll obey… or else she’ll face consequences. You lead, not her. As long as you know this, she will too.” Frowning, Lily nodded as she thought over Kats words.


“S-So… so it’s still there?” Nodding, Kats smile turned dark. We will always be here… protecting us. But we know who’s in charge.” Looking up to Claire quietly, Kat soon grinned. “Keep the pretty lady close. She calms us, at least she did me.”


Nuzzling the older girl happily, Claire soon smiled as she hugged Kat back. “Thank you, Kat… thank you for everything you did.” Shaking her head slowly as her eyes began to change, Kat smiled darkly. “Not Kat… Kathrine…” Blinking in surprise from her statement, Claire soon held Kat as the girl grew wobbly, her eyes slowly changing colors once again, only this time to their usual green ones. Looking around confused, the orange haired girl soon looked up at Claire curiously.


“Did Kat help?” Smiling warmly, Claire hugged the girl tightly before kissing her head. “Y-Yes Kat, you helped more than you know.” Grinning, the orange haired Neko purred contently as she clung to Claire happily.


Staring down at her hands in silence, oblivious to what else was happening around her, Lily soon felt something dripping onto them. Moving her fingers to her cheeks, she soon sniffled as she felt herself crying. “L-L-Lily, what’s wrong?!” Claire stammered as she saw the younger girl beginning to tear.


Shuddering, she silently shook her head as she continued to wipe them away. “N-N-Nothing… nothing’s wrong!” She snapped before turning away. Frowning, Claire’s expression softened as she leaned over and embraced the girl… only this time, she didn’t flinch from her touch.


Shivering, Lily continued to wipe away her tears as she felt something she hadn’t felt in so long… equanimity. Holding Lily gently, Claire smiled happily as she watched the younger girl crying in joy. She was finally free of her troubles… not all of them, but, at least the one that had burdened her for so long. She had found peace.


As a loud groaning noise echoed behind her, Claire soon pulled away before looking back. Clutching her stomach gently, Kat stared down at the ground quietly as her ears folded back. “K-Kat, are you alright?” Nodding quickly, the younger girl soon blushed as the groan echoed once more, only, this time, Claire knew what it was.


“K-Kat… when was the last time you ate?” That was her stomach, but it sounded like it was in pain. Frowning, Kat slowly shook her head. “Yesterday…” Gawking, Claire soon turned around angrily as she looked hungry girl over.


“KAT! Why didn’t you eat anything since yesterday! Y-You have to be starving!” she stammered with worry before Kat looked away once more. “B-B-Because… Because Kat didn’t want to steal anything from you, Pretty Lady!”


Cupping her face, Claire slowly shook her head in dismay. “Kat, you’re a guest here, of course, you could eat if you were hungry!” Standing up quickly, the brunette soon ran out of the room as she went into the kitchen to get something for the starving girl.


Now alone, both Lily and Kat soon grew tense from one another's presence. Sparing a glance, the raven haired girl spoke first, unsure of what else to say at this point besides… “T-T-Thank you…” As her ears twitched, Kat looked back at Lily in surprise before turning her head.


“Why are you thanking Kat?” Clenching her fists for having to explain it to the daft girl, Lily soon sighed. “Y-You helped me… even though you hate me… S-So thank you…” She bit out quietly. She hadn’t said those words in a long time…
“But Kat doesn’t understand why you're thanking Kat.” Looking back at the younger girl angrily, her rage soon bled away as she saw her innocent eyes staring back into her own. “Lily is Kats friend. Of course, Kat would help her.”
Looking at one another, Lily’s eyes soon broke away as she stared at the ground. “D-Don’t patronize me! I know full well how much you dislike me…” Looking Lily over carefully, Kat soon inched closer causing the older of the two to tense.


“But Kat doesn’t dislike you. You’re… you’re mean to Kat and to the pretty lady… b-b-but you’re still Kats friend.” Feeling her breath hitch, Lily shuddered as she felt the other girl's arms suddenly wrap around her. How… how could she possibly see her as a friend!? She had never shown her a shred of kindness and kept her distance from her ever since the twins had introduced her to all the others.


Purring quietly, Kat soon rested her chin on Lily’s shoulder as her tail curled around them both. “Kat knows you’re in pain… s-so that’s why Kat wants to be your friend. You need one.” Feeling her breath beginning to rasp, Lily soon pulled Kats hands off her… gently, before scooching a few feet away from her on the couch.


“…”


As her ears twitched, Kat soon grinned as she heard her response. To anyone else it probably wouldn’t have been heard, but her ears weren’t like that for nothing. ‘Thank you.’ Giggling, Kat soon scooched back over before opening her arms again.


“Does Lily want another hug?”, “N-Not a chance furball!” Lily snapped angrily before standing up, her cheeks a bright shade of red as she saw the younger girl grinning up at her. As Claire ran back into the room with a phone in hand she soon sighed causing both girls to look at her confused.


“I… I might not have gotten groceries last week… I-I planned on doing it after work… and then, you know…” She trailed off before looking at both children. “So… do either of you like pizza...?”

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Staring down at the food in front of her Lily was quiet as she looked it over. ‘Greasy, damp, and cheesy…’ It certainly wasn’t like anything her parents had ever had served for her. Back in the orphanage, Agnes had made of lots of homemade dishes from her country and her parents view on foreign food outside of their own country was bordering on toxic and inhuman.


Looking up, her eyes traveled over to Kat who was quickly finishing off the first box of food Claire had bought while the brunette was still working on her first piece, timidly. Feeling the child’s gaze on her, Claire looked back at Lily before frowning.


“What’s wrong Lily, don’t you like it?” Looking back down, she shook her head unsure herself. “I’ve never had it before…” She wasn’t fond of tasting new things… they either enticed her if they were sweet or made her gag when they weren’t. Although looking back at her food, she was unsure of if it would even fall into either of those categories.


“If Lily doesn’t want it, Kat will have it!” The Neko smiled happily before Claire bopped the over-eager girl on her head. Taking the empty box back over into her kitchen, she quickly came back with the next, Kat already lifting her plate for more.


‘Where the heck can she put it all?’ She hadn’t eaten in a week because of the twins and she was already feeling full. Sitting back down, her attention shifted back to Lily as she poked the food timidly, almost as if it would get angry at her for eating it if she tried.


“L-Lily, just give it a try. You might like it… and I’ll tell you what. If you don’t, then I’ll just have to find something else to get you instead. How does that sound?” There she was going out of her way for no reason again… Sighing, Lily lifted the slice of pizza up before giving it a tentative bite… followed quickly by another… and another.


Smirking, Claire nodded as she grabbed her drink. She had worked with kids of years, and she had yet to find one who didn’t at least like pizza in some way shape or form. Eating her food almost as quickly as Kat had, she soon paused before looking away darkly.


“C-Can I have another…” Moving the box her away, the brunette soon smiled. “Go ahead, have as much as you want.” Nodding, she took a couple more pieces before turning away. Watching Lily closely, Claire soon began to smile. She had made leaps and bounds of progress with her since the beginning of the week… but she still had a long way to go before she was finally as open with her as Kat, May, or Kai had been.


Looking back to the Neko, Claire soon scowled. With all the commotion and other… events of the night, she really hadn’t taken a good look at Kats form. She was dirty… very dirty. ‘someone hasn’t been taking her baths like she promised.’


Sighing, she reached over to the girl before picking through her orange locks, a few chips of drywall still embedded in there. Pausing, the younger girl looked up from her meal before purring. “Thank you…” Nodding back, Claire smiled as she handed her a napkin as well.


“Try not to eat so quickly, you’re going to choke on your food if you do.” Nodding, Kat went back to her meal as Claire continued to *groom* her. As this interaction was going on, Lily had slowly turned back before watching. Feeling herself somewhat saddened by how close those two were acting, her mind traveled back to her own family.


In the past, Agnes had done the same things Claire was doing. She mothered her, made sure she was content, loved her… compared to her family now, she really missed it. “Lily you have something on your cheek too.”


Blinking, the raven-haired girl looked up before stiffening. Moving her napkin over Lily’s cheek, Claire soon smiled as she got rid of the red smudge she had left there. “There you go. Lily, is everything alright?” shaking, the younger girl soon turned away once more.


“I-I’m fine…” Gritting her teeth for acting so frigid, Lily soon closed her eyes, choosing not to respond entirely. There she had been wishing for something like that to happen in her life and it actually did… and she acted so, cold towards her for it. She really was more withdrawn than she even knew.


Feeling her hand cupped gently, Lily soon looked up as Claire kneeled next to her. “Did… Did I cross a line…?” Staring back at her unsure of how to respond, Lily soon opted to just shake her head. “N-N-No… I-Its fine, I-I’m fine.” She stuttered out before looking away once again.


Nodding, Claire’s hand rested on her shoulder before she rubbed her gently. “If you want me to not do something just ask. The last thing I want to do is make you feel uncomfortable. We can do whatever you want at your own pace alright?”
Nodding, Lily soon turned back to her food, choosing to eat instead of talk.

Never in her life did she feel such a loss for words, as she did with Claire around. Standing back up, the brunette shifted her attention to Kat before moving behind her.


“So… when did you take your bath last night?” Pausing mid-bite, Kats tail shot up as she shivered. Raising her brow, Lily looked back at her friend as she began to visibly sweat from the simple question she had been asked.


“Kat…” The younger girl began before she suddenly shot off her chair startling them both. Growling, Claire soon took off after hear leaving Lily completely, and utterly confused by what had just happened. “NOOOOOO, KAT DOESN’T LIKE WATER!” ,”YOU’RE TAKING A BATH MISSY!”


Hearing a rather loud bang upstairs, Lily’s brow furrowed as she heard some type of dragging noise followed by a door closing. Setting her food down, she quickly wiped off her hands before going towards the staircase… she needed to investigate this further…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

Holding Kat over her shoulder as the younger girl began to thrash, Claire crawled on her back into her bathroom as she restrained her. “I, t-told you, you need to take one, you promised!” The older girl cried as Kat flailed wildly in her arms.
“NO KAT DIDN’T! Kat promised she’d take a bath with you and you weren’t here!” Feeling her brow twitch at the younger girls loophole of sorts, Claire soon inched herself closer towards her tub as she kicked the faucet on.


“Well, I’m here now so you’re taking a bath!” Whining loudly, Kat soon grew limp before pouting angrily. “Mean lady…” ,”Stop that!” Blowing a strand of Kats orange hair out of her face, Claire soon stiffened as the door to the bathroom opened up.


Raising her brow, Lily looked down at the two struggling girls unsure of what to make of the scene. “Should I ask…?”, “I wouldn’t…” Nodding, Lily turned around before shutting the door, she didn’t want to fathom what was happening, it was to… troublesome.


Alone once more, Claire soon sighed as she gave the younger girl a pleading look. “Kat, come on! You said you would and you didn’t. You can’t just not, take baths because you don’t like water.” As the younger child looked away bitterly, Claire soon sighed. “If I take it with you, will you take it?” Feeling her ears perk up, Kat soon scowled. “Tonight…?”, "YES!" Huffing, Kat grumbled darkly. "Fine..."
Grinning, Claire nodded before moving them both upwards. “Ok… I’m going to let you go. But if you try to make a dash for the door, so help me god I will find you and drag you back in here again.” She warned earning a quiet nod from Kat.


Moving her arms away slowly, ready at any moment to grab her if she did, in fact, try to bolt like she had earlier, the brunette soon sighed seeing Kat slouch into her. “Alright, I’ll set it up.” Nudging Kat off her, Claire moved back to the water before her hand recoiled. ‘C-C-Cold!’


Changing the water temperature, she nodded. Kat probably wouldn’t ever trust her again if she made her get into a cold bath.  As it reached the appropriate temperature, Claire soon put the drain in before turning back to Kat, her back against the wall and her arms crossed angrily.


“Stop sulking or your face will get stuck like that.” Pouting, even more, Claire soon moved in front of her before pinching her cheeks. “Do you want this to be the face you make for the rest of your life?” She grinned before Kat’s lips twitched into a smile.


“There we go, much better. Now come on, let’s get you out of…” Groaning, Claire hung her head as she looked down at the black lacy skirt she wore. ‘My swim skirt… of course…’ Rubbing her temple, she soon sighed. She’d need to hide her more revealing clothes in her closet next time, this was becoming a tedious trend with the girl.


Looking back at her shirt, she groaned once again. She was still in the same black open heart shirt she had been wearing the past couple of days. She knew for a fact she didn’t wash it, water was bad! Tugging on the girl’s clothes… her clothes, Claire soon tossed them to the door before pulling Kat over towards the tub.


Checking the water once more, she nodded before turning the faucet off. “Alright, I want you to be in this tub by the time I get back, I'm going to go grab us some towels and clothes for us alright? Alright?” She repeated as Kat turned away.


“F-F-Fine… Mean lady…” Flicking her head, Claire uttered a quiet sigh as she exited her bathroom. Stepping past her bed, her eyes soon landed on Lily who way lying back with her eyes facing the ceiling. “Penny for your thoughts?” Blinking, having not even noticed the bathroom door open, the raven haired girl shifted her attention towards Claire before shaking her head.


“Why are you giving Kat a bath?” Moving over to her dresser, Claire kneeled down before sighing. “Because she needs one. If I’m not there, though, she’s allergic to water…” She muttered darkly as Lily soon nodded. Rifling through her drawers, she soon pulled out a small pair of shorts that would fit Kat alright… kind of. ‘Better than my bikini bottoms or lingerie…’


Blinking a few times, Lily looked back at Claire making sure she had heard that right before shaking her head.  Stepping back, she went over to her closet before grabbing a couple towels as well before moving back towards her bathroom. As she reached her door, however, she paused before looking back at Lily’s quiet form.


“You know… I-I have a small tub, but if you want to join us you can?” She offered out before hearing a loud scoff in return. “I’m not a lummox, I can bathe myself!” Lily snapped earning a sad smile in return. “I never said you were… I just thought you’d like the company is all.” Moving back into her bathroom, Claire sighed before shutting the door.


‘One step forward, two steps back…’ She’d have to not treat Lily how she wanted to all the time. She was very independent and the polar opposite of any other of the girls in the twins company. Looking back at her tub, the brunette soon began to smile as she saw Kat sitting down in the water; her ears folded back in dismay as held her tail above the water.


Tugging on her own shirt, Claire grimaced as she saw all the blood on it. She didn’t know how much she had lost but at least she felt fine now. ‘I’ll need to thank Lily again for saving me…’ It wasn’t every day you died and were brought back… Her life was weird…


Shaking her head, Claire chucked the garment away before doing the same with her pants. Moving over to the tub, she stepped in next to Kat before looking down at the quiet girl. “Would you like me to wash your hair for you?”
As her ears twitched, Kat soon nodded before turning around. Smirking at the sullen mood she displayed, Claire simply sighed. “You know you’re going to have to take baths for the rest of your life, Kat. And the water doesn’t feel that bad now does it, all warm and soothing.”


Listening closely, Claire smirked victoriously as she heard the quiet purr she had been hoping for. Pulling Kat into her lap, (minding her tail) the brunette soon began to cup the water and pour it over her. As she was bathed gently, the orange haired Neko soon began to close her eyes before her purrs increased.
“K-Kat really did miss you, pretty lady…” Nodding, as she poured some shampoo into her hands, Claire smiled warmly. “I missed you to Kat… even if you are a pain sometimes.” Giggling, Kat chose to take that as a compliment as her hair was lathered down.


Stroking her furry appendage through the water as Claire cleaned her head, she focused more on her orange tail as she washed the dirt off of it. Hearing the quiet groan of the bathroom door opening, however, both girls paused before looking past the small shower curtain.


Blinking once, then twice, Claire’s eyes widened considerably as she saw Lily step into the small room before shutting the door behind her. Wrapped around her frame, was one of her towels, and her hair was no longer strung up so it all hung down over her back.


Staring at both girls with a dark expression, her cheeks soon grew considerably red. “W-W-Wash my hair…” It wasn’t exactly a question… more of a commanding statement but the brunette understood what she was going for. Nodding dumbly, Claire soon smiled as she saw Lily moving closer. Rinsing off the soap in Kat's hair, Claire soon nudged the girl off her much to her annoyance as she made a place for Lily.


Staring down at the small tub in comparison to her own, Lily shivered. She hadn’t a clue what was prompting her to do this… but she felt rather… jealous, that Kat was receiving special attention from the older girl and she was not.
Patting her lap, Claire waited patiently for Lily to step in as she weighed her options. Sighing, having finally made up her mind, she pulled her towel off before setting it beside the other ones. Pushing herself against the back of the tub to give Lily some more room, Claire watched the younger girl closely as she climbed in at sat down in front of her.


Nudging herself a bit closer, Lily closed her eyes as she tried to hide her insecurity.  “Your hairs long.”  Opening her eyes abruptly, the shivering girl directed her attention towards Kat who sat just inches away from her. “And your point?”


Shrugging, Kat's hand moved up to her own hair as she pet it. “Kat wanted to grow hers out like that, but it always got tangled and Kat had to cut it.” Chuckling, Claire nodded believing that. “That’s because someone didn’t wash it.” Pouting, Kat scowled before looking back at Lily.


“Byt your hair's pretty.” Blushing, Lily chose not to speak and just enjoy the warm waters she found herself in. As water was poured over her hair, her eyes darted back and forth, unsure of where to look. This was unbearably uncomfortable for her… Which made her beg the question, why was she even doing this?


As Claire’s hands traveled through her black locks, her fingers dug into her scalp with a gentle tenderness not even she used when she bathed. Moaning softly, her hands instantly shot up to her lips as both girls grinned.


“The pretty lady gives good baths doesn’t she?” Kat purred before pulling her tail forward. Whimpering from her moment of weakness, Lily remained silent once more. Noticing her stiffened form, Kats head soon turned as she watched her.


“Why is Lily's face all red?” Feeling her eyes widen considerably, the raven-haired child growled as she glared at Kat hatefully. “I-I-I’m not blushing!” S-She wasn’t embarrassed, this… this was just beneath her! Watching Kat giggle as she peaked around at Lily as she kept turning her head, Claire soon chuckled herself.


Maybe this was best for her after all. Rinsing the shampoo off, Claire soon nudged Lily to get off her… but she still remained seated. “You can get off now Lily, I’m finished.” Fidgeting for a moment, the raven haired girl pouted. She didn’t really want to move.


“Yeah, move over already, Kat wants to sit with the pretty lady again!” Blinking, Lily soon smirked as she leaned back deliberately, surprising Claire as she stared down at Kat. “No, I think I’m quite alright as I am, sorry~” She whispered in a quite mocking tone, causing the orange haired catgirl to growl.


“H-Hey now girl’s, t-there’s nothing to fight about- HEY!” Claire suddenly shrieked as Kat lunged at them both. Tumbling over in the tub, all three fell into one another as soon Kat and Lily fought on top of the shocked brunette.
“Move, it’s Kats turn!”, “Make me fuzz butt!” Being dunked under the water once more, Claire soon clawed upwards for air as she was continuously used as a battlefield by the two squabbling children…

 

Their peaceful bath was soon beginning to feel less peaceful… maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all...

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 
Sitting on her bed with Kat in her lap, humming happily, Claire gave both girls a look of vexation as she dried the younger of the two off. ‘And now my bathrooms underwater…’ Funny how a simple gesture could somehow lead to war between two squabbling girls.


Drying her own hair next to Claire, Lily smirked silently as she wrapped her hair up in a towel. “I won…” Cupping Kats mouth before she could speak, Claire directed a dark look at the raven haired girl, but if anything it only made her smirk widen. “I think, that’s enough fighting for tonight, from both of you.” Her attention shifted to Kat as her ears drooped.


Nodding, she withdrew her hand before tilting the girls head to the side and cleaning behind her furry ears. ‘Huh, her fur dries faster than her hair…’ Looking behind her at her tail, she noted it was the same as well. ‘Maybe she’s onto something about her fur…’


Shrugging, Claire soon pulled Kat off her before looking towards Lily. “No…” Nodding, Claire shrugged once more before flopping back on her bed tiredly. “Geez, you two are exhausting…” Sighing, the brunette's eyes began to close before she felt a gentle poke on her cheek.


Peeking an eye open, she stared up at Lily’s indifferent expression unsure of what she wanted. “Where do I sleep?” Opening her mouth to speak, Claire’s voice soon left her. Leaning up, she looked back at her bed before frowning. It was a simple single mattress. It wouldn’t fit all three of them…


Rubbing the back of her head sheepishly for not considering this earlier, Claire soon stood up. “W-Well… I guess you two can share my bed. I’ll just go sleep on the couch for tonight…” Going quiet as her body stiffened on its own, she pivoted around before looking at Lily’s annoyed expression.


“Sit.” Walking back to the bed forcibly, Claire gave the child a deadpan look but she said nothing else as her hand rose. As her vision began to fade a bit, Claire’s eyes widened as she realized what was happening. “W-W-WAIT LILY, WE CAN TALK ABOUT-“ Feeling her mouth go dry as she stared at the colossal landscape, the brunette hung her head in dismay before she was suddenly lifted into the air.


“Why, why would you shrink me again?! I just returned to normal!” Claire cried pleadingly but Lily only met her question with a shrug as she choose not to answer her before she set Claire down in front of her and Kat. “Yay! The pretty ladies fun sized again!” Feeling her eye beginning to twitch, Claire decided not to comment.


“While I don’t approve of sleeping next to… her, I think this will be more than enough room at your current stature.” Lily announced before pulling the towel away from her hair. Hearing a loud meow from behind her, Claire's body soon stiffened.


Glancing back, she shivered as she stared at the large slanted eyes of Kat’s kitten, who she had presumably set down after she had been shrunk. Staring back at the feline, Claire soon shivered. “S-So… about that conversation we had earlier…”


Looking back at the brunette confused, Kat moved to pet the kitten before picking up Claire. “Is the pretty lady still scared of Mittens?” Shaking her head, the brunette chose not to tell her the truth. Staring at something twice your size no matter how gentle would always put someone at unease.


“N-N-No, no, I-I’m just… making small talk?” Blinking, Kat soon grinned before nuzzling Claire against her cheek. “Kat does that too!” Feeling herself suddenly lifted away from the orange haired girl, Claire turned around before seeing Lily’s dark eyes.


“I’m tired…” Nodding, in confusion, Claire soon blinked as she was set down between them both before Lily rested her head on one of the two pillows near her. “Stop talking, I want to sleep.” As both Claire and Kat pouted by the rude way she had put it, the ladder soon yawned as well before looking down at Claire.


“Kats tired to…” She mumbled before crawling under the blankets near her. As Kat got comfortable, her hands moved out before pulling Claire close to her chest. As she was sandwiched once again, a feeling she had experienced from each of the girls at some point or another, Claire soon smiled. Even if she fussed about it, she kind of liked this size. She felt a wonderful sense of safety when she was held… by, certain people…


Glancing towards Lily, she sighed quietly, her thoughts no longer being monitored… she hoped. Hearing a gently purring above her, the brunette soon looked up before feeling a sense of warmth like no other as she watched Kat fast asleep, her fatigue seemingly catching her off-guard as she was out almost instantly.


Snuggling against the two girls, Claire’s eyes soon began to drift shut as well. With the events of today, she probably would sleep for a while, she definitely needed it. Letting out a loud yawn, she nuzzled Kat gently before closing her eyes.


She could get used to this… there were some definite perks to being this size. But she'd probably have to get used to it... it looked like she would still be this way for a bit longer…



To be continued

Chapter End Notes:

Well i hope you enjoyed the ending, but things are far from over. The hardest of trials still awaits so stick around!