- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Most things I have a hard time remembering. I couldn't tell you what I ate yesterday. I can't recall my best friend's name, or even what school I went to. I'm no fool, though. You always remember emotional and signicificant moments in your life. And usually, they're negative ones, as well. I can still remember the event a year ago like the back of my hand.

I was out in city with my pals. We stopped inside of a Friday's and waited for quite some time before we were seated. It was the July 4th weekend, so that might have explained the long wait. We had a really hot waitress who was pretty good at her job. I ordered a burger and a Coke. It's funny how I remember nearly everything that happened that day so clearly.

We took our time and didn't finish our meal for at least an hour and a half. When we'd finished, we traveled through the city, exploring shops and contemplating purchases. We went to a shop that I strangely cannot remember the name of. I do remember, though, that in that shop I bought a Swiss Army knife. I didn't know that it'd be so useful.

By this time it's about six o'clock. And that's when we first heard and saw the thing(s) that would change everyone's lives forever.

You know, I'm a bit reluctant to tell you what happened. I mean, it's so bizarre and unbelievable that you'd likely dismiss it immediately. Maybe even call me crazy. If you told me this happened, I'd have laughed and thought you were either a fool or insane. Then again, how would anything progress if I didn't tell you? I'm warning you, it's pretty hard to believe.

A foot. Yep, that's what it was. A really, really, really big foot. It was so utterly huge! Now, I always did fairly well in school, but when I said I wasn't a fool, I meant in practical things. I knew some survival things and I had a lot of common sense. What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how big this foot was. I'm not sure it was the largest foot I've seen, either. At the time it sure was, but now, I might have seen bigger.

As one might expect with an enormous foot hanging in the sky, everything was dark. And loud. Very loud. People were screaming and running amok. There were a few people who stood their dumbfounded, but the majority, including my friends and me, ran like hell. It was instinctual. No one was getting anywhere. This foot was much, much too large. The distance it could cover in one step was likely more than we could cover in a couple of hours. It was hopeless, but we kept running.

As I ran, for some reason I was thinking to myself,
"where did this foot come from?" Pretty stupid, right? My life is literally at stake from this colossal foot, and I'm concerned with where it came from. My common sense wasn't very profound that day. But then again, I did have a point. Where the hell did this foot come from? We had literally just left the store, and bang, there's this giant foot in the sky. I know now where it must have came from, but I'm not gonna tell you that now. I want you to keep reading, and you want to keep reading too, right?

So, there we were: hundreds of screaming, clamoring people, running from an inescapable threat like a flock of sheep. The foot kept coming nearer and nearer to the earth, and I realized I'd underestimated how large it was. The toes alone were gigantic. Again, I'm not sure how large they were, but I think it's safe to say the toes must have been larger than the city. And it's not a small city, either. I kinda wish it was. The toes seemed to grow larger and larger as they came closer. My friends started slowing down in their flight. Call me selfish, a bad friend, cruel, whatever, but I didn't slow down for them. I kept running. At the time, I thought I was more important than them.

The air started to get really smelly all of a sudden. It wasn't a bad smell, though. It was like some fresh lotion. I don't know how to describe it. Hopefully you know what I mean. It was that sweet, almost flowery scent, you know? Anyway, the toes never stopped their rapid descent. They actually seemed to take a long time to reach the ground. I eventually just stopped and marveled up at the mountainous toes. People pushed past me and bumped into me. The toes were basically on top of me right now, and I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst.

Well, I'm writing this to you right now, aren't I? So you obviously know I didn't die. I can't say the same for many others, though. As the being was so incredibly huge, the ridges on their toes were valley sized, and as you can probably tell, the toe just so happened to land on me on that exact spot. I'm making it sound like a right fit, when it really wasn't. The ridge must have been at least 50 feet across, so quite a few people were saved. However, I must've been in like the 5% or something, because many did not survive.

When the toes hit the earth, a thunderous, all encompassing, terrifically loud boom crashed into my ears. The sweet lotion scent grew stronger, as I was literally inside of it. Naturally, I fell to the ground almost instantly from the sheer force of the toe. I didn't hear buildings collapse or anything. They must've been immediately demolished, pulverized. No time for them to make a sound as they were destroyed. The screams stopped suddenly as well. I reached over and touched the huge toe. You know, just cause why not? It was smooth but firm. I had a hard time touching it, though. I had to reach up, since there is a gap between the bottom of the toe and the actual ground. To a larger person, the toe would be rough, as it was filled with ridges. Since I was so small to it, I was feeling the inside of the ridges, which were indeed smooth.

I sat there for around 15 seconds when the colossal white foot lifted off the ground. I'm lucky I wasn't crises by the literal tons of debris that fell from the foot. It rained down from above with extreme force, easily enough to kill a man. As anyone would do, I watched the foot as it left and saw, you guessed it, another foot next to the one that nearly crushed me. As it lifted into the sky, I saw the toes again. The toenails were painted dark black. Well, that confirmed what I was already pretty certain of. That titanic foot that nearly crushed me, and actually did crush an enormous amount of the surrounding land, belonged to an even more gargantuan woman. I thought to myself that it was actually kind of sexy. What? That's "strange?" Well, excuse me. I'm writing this journal for myself, anyway, so I can write whatever I want. And besides, what's so weird about it? People like Godzilla and King Kong and all that. This is just like that, but instead of an ugly monster it's a sexy woman.

To continue the events that unfolded from there, the huge woman thundered off in the distance, causing unprecedented amounts of damage to everything she came near. I surveyed the damage she'd caused. It was total and complete. Worse than a dozen earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes combined. There was literally nothing left. Buildings were mere piles of rubble, completely destroyed. The roads had been changed. It was then I realized that this woman had actually changed the landscape. The city was now much farther down. I looked up and I could see very tall walls below on all sides. It must've been the land she hadn't stomped. I'm not sure how far down it is, but the whole area was sank down hundreds of feet in a toe shaped crater. Luckily, I was outside said crater.

I thought it was over, that this horrible act of destruction was one unexplainable event. Remember how I said I wasn't gonna tell you where she came from? Well, I'm telling you now. Why? I didn't want to wait any longer.

She's an alien. A gigantic, human shaped alien. And she wasn't alone. Hundreds of more giant women came, causing destruction as well. None of them were anywhere near her size, though, luckily. Most were around 500 feet tall, which is still huge, mind you. They destroyed almost everything everywhere they went. The big one was just the beginning. And truth be told, the damage she caused by walking across the country that day was probably far worse than any damage the smaller ones had caused. She was the beginning of the apocalypse. Seriously. You think a woman likely over a hundred miles tall could destroy half the country (and maybe the world) accompanied by hundreds of smaller giants wouldn't have a lasting effect. They did. Everything is in ruins now. Life is now just day to day survival.

That big giant must have been the leader or something. The aliens patrol the cities, trying to kill anything they can. I don't know why they're here, thigh. If they really wanted to destroy us, the big one could have just walked around the world a few times. But she hadn't. She'd let us live for now. They obviously didn't want to destroy everything, but I guess they were fine with obliterating some cities.

And that brings me to the current day. I kinda rushed through everything, I know. But like I said, every day is scary and a fight for survival. I don't really have time to write down everything that's happened. It's not really that important anyway. Surviving is. I never heard from my friends after I left them. Likely crushed under the big one's toe. I'm alone now, trying to survive like everyone else, though there aren't many to even survive. The event I described occurred nearly a year ago, so by now I'm already in another city, one that, luckily, the big one hasn't crushed. The smaller ones still patrol the city everyday though, looking for people like me. I don't know what they do when they find you, but I know for a fact that you're never seen again. I just hope I don't end up like some of the people I've seen caught.

I'd love to continue and keep telling you my wonderful day to day life after the big one nearly crushed me, but I've got more important things to do. See you later. Or not. I don't know. I might be caught by one of the giants. We'll just have to find out.