- Text Size +

The Finder of Lost Sheep

Having pushed the door inward, Faith crawled forward into the room on her hands and knees, pausing near the closest door on the bathroom vanity. Reaching her finger under the edge, she checked for space as well as for how much effort it might require to open one of the doors. Given the height of the kick and the weight of the door she though it highly unlikely they could have gotten themselves up into the vanity under the sink. Just to be sure she pulled open the door quickly, bathing the area in light. No moved, nothing scurried for cover.

Cadence, for her part, rose to standing just behind Faith, eyes scouring the room for any trace of any of the tiny men.

Turning her head to look up at Cadence, Faith closed the vanity door shook her head, moving forward some, peeking around the edge of the counter to look at the space between it and the toilet. Lifting the toilet brush up, the bristles dragging the plastic holder with it, she looked at it and put it to the side. Snaking her hand in around behind the cool porcelain at the back of the toilet. Retracting her hand, she moved around the toilet, positioning herself better. Reaching out, she carefully lifted the plunger, tilting it back to look on the inside before handing it to Cadence. Next she moved her hand down near the base of the garbage can, pressing the pedal down and causing the lid to rise. Peeking into the half-filled plastic bag inside the plastic insert, she took the plastic insert between her thumb and forefinger, slowly lifting it out and nearly dropping it when she caught sight of the commotion on the ground at the bottom of the metal sleeve.

“Hello,” she said, grinning down at Carver and Julian, turning her hand to cover the open space around the pedal and keep the lid elevated, setting the plastic insert pail to the side.

“I want to see,” Cadence said excitedly, stepping over top of Faith to peek down into the can.

Carver dove for the mechanism around the pedal, trying to escape the inescapable. Julian knew better. They were fucked. Fish in a barrel, goose is cooked, nowhere to run, ass in the air fucked.

“I see two of you,” Faith said, grinning down on her two little recaptured playthings, “but where or where has my little Josh gone?” she inquired.

“Not much of a team player that one, we split up, he went out through the bedroom door, me and Chubbs here came to the bathroom,” Julian said, grinning wryly and shaking his head.

Faith’s grin never faltered, but she turned her head to look up at Cadence. They hadn’t bothered to take a good look at the towel outside her bedroom door when they had returned upstairs. Could he have managed to slip out and into the house undetected?

Looking back down at the two men inside the metal tube, she shook her head from side to side, “I don’t know, you two looked pretty chummy up on my pillow,” she said.

“Looked?” Julian asked.

She cocked her head to one side, raising an eyebrow.

Then it dawned on him, there was a cell phone propped up on the night stand. They had recorded them. Used the video record to find out where they had been hiding. Clever girls. “I don’t suppose I get a phone call?” he asked, spreading his hands apart and flashing her a wink.

Faith shook her head, reaching her hand in and covering Carver, pinning him down and curling her long slender fingers around him and lifting him out of the can. “Here,” she said, extending her hand with Carver toward Cadence. Bringing her hands close to her face, close enough he could feel the warm exhalation of her breath over his naked skin, she smiled.

Cupping her hands together, Cadence received the heavy set little tiny, who curled himself up into the fetal position.

“Could you put him back in the box with Henry?” she asked.

Leaving the bathroom, Cadence dropped low near the end of the bed, sliding out the box and putting Carver inside.

Lowering her hand back into the metal sleeve, poised to pluck him if he made ant sudden movement, Faith chuckled, “Don’t make this any harder on yourself than you need too,” she said.

Julian shook his head and shrugged before lifting his arms over his head to facilitate her hand.

Picking him up easily, Faith shifted her position so she was sitting, setting Julian down on the left side of the hard polystyrene toilet seat.

Cadence reappeared at the door.

Leaning forward, Faith crossed her arm on the front of the toilet and put her chin on top of her arms.

His heart pounding and his breathing shallow, Julian looked from the blonde girl to the standing one then back. He knew the last wisps of his uncanny luck were gone and he was done for. Realizing now how absolutely enormous they were, especially being this close to Faith’s head, he laughed out loud, shaking his head.

Faith’s mouth split into a grin, “Something funny? Amusing?” she asked.

“Just something Josh said about standing pretty much in this exact same position,” he said, leaning over to peer into the toilet bowl below.

“And what, pray tell, was it he said?” she inquired, curious.

“He said if I were standing here before you, I would more than likely piss myself, and I said I wouldn’t. As you can see, I didn’t so I guess that means I was right and he was wrong,” he said, “just kind of ironic to win this way I thought.”

“I think the only reason you’re not standing in your own pee is because it’s dribbling down the front of my pillow,” she commented with a raised brow.

He grinned, spreading his hands apart, “I would offer to say sorry if that would help?”

She flicked her glance into the toilet then back at him, “What do you think?” she inquired, arching an eyebrow.

Pursing his mouth, he scratched at his chin thoughtfully, “I’m guessing because my apology would be insincere, probably not,” he said.

Her smile widened, “You’re a pretty good guesser,” she replied, leaning back from the toilet and nodding her head.

“And I’m guessing I’m running out of time,” he said, voice quavering, nerves making his body shake.

“You are on some kind of roll,” she said, nodding and grinning.

He closed his eyes.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Not looking so good for Julian... If you are enjoying this tale, please take a moment to share some thoughts about what you liked or thought might improve the story. Always grateful for feedback