- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Logan gets to know his new environment and begins realising what he got into.

Logan couldn’t believe his eyes when the woman opened the door to the next room. It was incredibly huge but that wasn’t the point. All other the room where aluminium shelves symmetrically arranged and on these shelves he could see other little people walking around rudimentary small furniture. On each shelf were at least fifteen beds and some tables with chairs. Logan believed also to see what he identified to be bathrooms. Above each level there were name cards fixed and the woman brought him to a shelf in the middle of the room and placed him on the third level above which he could spot his name.

“You now may get to know your shelf-mates until in around two hours you’ll begin your trainee program”, the woman said and turned her back on him. Logan was confused but didn’t dare to ask further questions to this woman. He looked around and counted seven other people, five males and two females, who were on his level too. They all gathered around him and examined his naked body. They were all naked too, a circumstance he liked especially when it came to the two females who both looked awesome.

“So they locked you up here too Greenhorn”, said a guy who was approximately around fifty years old.

“I guess yeah… What the hell is going on here?” Logan asked.

“Well here is where they keep shrunken people that were brought here to be medically treated… It’s all just a huge lie and they’ll keep you here for degrading tasks until you might just vanish without anyone knowing where you’ve disappeared to”, the man answered calmly.

“Wait so we won’t be cured here at all? And what kind of tasks? Do you mean the trainee program that woman talked about?” Logan asked still confused by the strange situation he found himself in.

“You better listen carefully and memorise what I’m going to tell you”, the man began and Logan nodded.

“It is said that this clinic is run secretly by the government for two major purposes. First it serves to neutralise political opponents who are thorns in its side. They shrink them with a mixture of Screyquid and another neurotoxin that inhibits the decomposition of Screyquids active component and then they bring them here either with the reason that they abused the drug and need to be medically treated or they assert that they’ve committed suicide due to the political pressure. The second one is the purpose I assume fits to your case. As this is an official medical clinic for the treatment of so called shrinkees, a lot of people bring their loved ones, friends or family here, hoping that they will be cured. They sign a contract that any kind of contact to the shrinkees is forbidden and that they won’t talk about it in the public. In this clinic we’re all forced to learn and to perfect degrading tasks of servitude. Rich people or people close to the government know about all this and are able to buy shrinkees for an insane amount of money just to hold them as their personal minions. Your name is Logan right? I’m sorry to deliver bad news but with your entry into this clinic you have lost all your human rights. It’s more or less your decision whether you’ll be treated as a slave or as a bug and I highly recommend you to try your best to convince them you’re not just a bug or you’ll end up like poor little Jacob and his father”.

Logan couldn’t believe what he had just heard. This was a scandal of the highest possible category and it seemed like there was nothing he could do against it from in here. If he had known about all the conspiracy theories being true when he was still normal sized and outside of this prison he would have moved heaven and earth to fight against this injustice. Well and eventually he would have ended up here too.

“Poor little Jacob?” Logan asked worriedly. Now one of the females spoke up with tears in her eyes. She was about mid-thirty and had ridiculously large breasts implying that she had been pregnant once already.

“Jacob was my son and his father my dear husband. My god Jacob had just turned eighteen when we all were brought here after we had insulted one of the president’s daughters named Ashley. We didn’t know who she was but she had piled our car with hers on a car park. When we all were asleep in the following night some people threw gas bombs through our window causing us to shrink. Then we were brought into a white room in this clinic where we waited until eventually this woman named Ashley appeared. “She asked us “bug or slave?” And we all answered slave. I don’t want to talk about what we had to do next but after a while my father and son couldn’t take the humiliation anymore. I begged them to just be quiet but you know how some males just act. They started to confront her and that was the biggest mistake of their lives. The last words I heard by Ashley were “So bugs it is” and then I was forced to watch as she firstly stepped on my husband with her bare foot. But since Screyquid increases the durability of our bodies by far it didn’t last to kill him so she did it again and again each time with more power. She didn’t care that I was lying on the ground crying for her to stop. My son had to watch it too but he still tried to calm me. After a while my husband, Peter was his name, was flat as a pancake and got stuck to her foot. She then just put her boot back on and turned to my precious Jacob who still stood upright in front of that giantess and tried to talk to her. But she wouldn’t listen… Instead she just scooped him up and without any possibility for me to intervene I watched my son disappearing in her mouth and she swallowed him whole. She then just walked out of the room and I haven’t seen her since.

Logan couldn’t stop shuddering as he imagined what this woman had experienced.

“But this was over a year ago and I had to adapt to the conditions under which we have to live here. I’m Sarah by the way and welcome to hell”, she stated still with tears in her eyes.

“I’m Dominic”, the older guy introduced himself and Logan shook hands with him. He didn’t know it yet but these two people would become his most important friends in his new environment. One after another the other ones on the level introduced themselves and reported about their experiences and how they got there. Logan got to know Larry, a thirty year old construction worker, Cole, who was basically at his age but had already finished his master in International business studies, Nathan, a forty year old professor for applied philosophy, Jamie who was actually still a teenager and still in high school and Silly a young woman who was one year older than him that had worked at an insurance company. Logan had nearly burst out into laughter as she introduced herself in a really high-pitched voice but nevertheless she was a natural beauty with long curly brown hair and dark green eyes. Logan was shocked as he heard all of their stories but at the same time he was glad that he was not alone in this scenario. Already while getting to know the others he began figuring out how this whole situation could be resolved since he didn’t plan on staying in this prison for long. But well for now he’d have to deal with bigger problems metaphorically spoken.

“Logan Price? It is time to show what you are worth after all”

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you liked it!

Glad to read comments or feedback!