- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here we dive into the actual story-line I hope you like the set-up.

Chapter IV Worrisome Events

When Logan woke up he felt sick and unoriented. He didn’t know how long he had been asleep and where he was and around him was only darkness. He remembered the previous events and that he should have been regrown by now but he couldn’t tell whether he was normal sized yet or not. He groped the environment around him feeling that he was located on the floor of a room of unknown size. He stood up and walked a few steps constantly having the feeling of being forced to vomit soon.

 

“Is there anybody?” He whispered but no answer came. He repeated that question several times each time speaking a little bit louder. Suddenly he remembered that he had been naked after shrinking so he checked whether he was still nude and began worrying as this seemed to be the case.

 

“Greetings Logan Price” A female voice said. Logan tried to locate the source of this statement but it seemed impossible since there was quite a big resonance in the room.

 

“Elaine?” He asked a bit afraid.

 

“No”, the voice answered.

 

Logan wondered if the drug might have left him blind and started to panic.

 

Do you know where you are Logan?” The voice asked in a demanding inflexion.

 

No, where am I?” He replied.

 

“You have a problem Logan… You’re so young and you’re life is already taking a misfortunate way”, the voice continued. The fear in Logan increased as he had no idea what the voice was implying. It must have had something to do with the shrinking. He remembered what the newspapers had written about the risks of shrinking.

 

“Am I still shr…”


“Yes Logan. You’re twenty-three you should have known the risks…” the voice stated coldly.

 

“I was drunk and got seduced into this by my friends”, he tried to explain.

 

“And they have brought you here for your own safety”, the voice said.

 

Logan was slightly tranquilised that Elaine obviously brought him here but…

 

“What is this place and why is it so dark and who are you?” Logan demanded to know.

 

“Do you want me to turn on the lights Logan?


“Yes, please”.

 

A series of clicking noises came up and suddenly light flashed on and dazzled Logan’s eyes. It took a while until they got used to the light so he could see where he actually was. He stood in a giant white-tiled room that was completely empty except for two speakers on the ceiling and about fifty black objects of his size all around the room each about three tiles away from the next. He guessed that they were transmitting his voice to the women that talked to him. As he had suspected he was still naked and shrunken.

 

Is this the clinic people are talking about in the media?” Logan asked curiously.

 

“Yes Logan. We have informed your family and friends about your current condition and as we’ve suspected no one had the money to pay for your cure. Or at least no one was willing to pay…” The voice explained.

 

“What that’s nonsense of course my parents would pay for my cure and I’m pretty sure they have the money needed. Let me talk to them…” Logan yelled a little bit upset.

 

“I’m sorry Logan but as every other patient in this clinic you’re not allowed to contact anybody on the outside”, the voice said dryly.

 

“What? Who are you even? Show yourself and tell me that again face to face”, Logan said not considering the condition he was in. He was angry and didn’t understand what the hell was going on.

 

The voice remained quiet for a while.

 

Come on!” Logan yelled again. After another while a giant door opened to his room and a giant woman maybe in her late thirties, dressed up in a black blazer, a business skirt and elegant black leather boots, walked into the room. Her steps sent little shockwaves through the floor as she walked up to Logan who then realised that it maybe hadn’t been that smart to challenge her in his current condition. She had red hair arranged to a bun and typical teacher’s glasses. She was looking at him without any sign of emotion on her face.

 

“I’m sorry Logan but as every other patient in this clinic you’re not allowed to contact anybody on the outside did you understand me this time?” Her voice boomed over him. Logan wasn’t capable of answering since the situation was scaring him immensely.

 

The woman reached down to him and picked him up quite roughly.

 

“It’s time for you to learn where your place in this clinic is”, she stated and walked with him in her hand out of the room. Logan trembled with fear as the unknown woman brought him into another room

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed it

As always appreciate feedback!