- Text Size +

Part 10

Neil awoke, his head spinning?where was he? It was still dark?then he remembered. Sitting up slowly he soon realised that the box was on its side and he could escape it. He was still wet, so he figured he hadn?t been out long.

Gingerly he got to his feet and cleared his body of the soggy paper, his ill fitting toga hung heavy, removing it he then rung it out as best he could.

Carefully he stepped down from the overturned box to the carpet below, it was only half inch or so but his legs still felt a little unsteady. Looking around he could see nothing, as before, the closet was dark and tidy except for the mess around the box.

He looked toward the door and could see a little light getting in; he didn?t want to stay in here?if he were to escape the clutches of Megan then he needed to be out of the closet.

It wasn?t long before he stood at the foot of the sliding door, it was closed too tightly for him to squeeze through?he pulled at the door with all his might hoping he might be able to move it far enough to escape?but he was too small?too weak??why?why am I so helpless?? He called out in frustration of his inadequate stature.

Again he tried to move the door, his right foot planted firmly on the door surround and his hands clasping the door like a man possessed. His muscle?s tightening up as he began pulling once more?his neck muscles screaming to rip free as his head tilts back and his eyes close tightly, the sweat already forming chasing beads down his face??ARRGGHHH!? he screamed as his sweaty hands slip free causing him to fall to the floor clumsily.

Laying there panting and waiting for his heart rate to slow, he knew it was useless?he?d never move the blasted door??Wait?what if I found something to leaver it with?? He thought aloud.

With a newfound sense of enthusiasm he quickly got to his feet?then he remembered just how baron this closet was?his hope cruelly ripped from him in a single heartbeat!

Before he had time to wallow in self-pity he heard the bedroom door open. He had to think fast?whether it was Jane or Megan he new one thing?he needed to be free from the closet. Gathering up his damp toga he stood at the base of the door and awaited it?s opening.

?You get in there young lady and get rid of whatever it is your keeping in there!? Jane ordered Megan.

?Yea?yea?ok Mum keep ya hair on?you never let me keep nothing.? Megan smiled as she walked toward the closet door.

?I don?t want rodents in this house, thank you very much?and if I did they?d be in a cage not some box in a closet?sometimes Meg?s you amaze me.?

?Geez would you stop going on already?I?ll deal with it?now unless you want to catch it if it comes running out the door I suggest you leave me to it.?

?Very well?but I want it out of the house?I mean it?out!? Jane stepped out and closed the door.

Neil?s heart raced as he could see a shadow fall over the gap running down the door?it was now or never.

The door slid open and Neil took of running, not even looking to see whether she was looking down at him?he just put his head down and with toga in hand ran straight past her foot heading for the dresser.

?Well, well?what have we here then.? Megan said as she began to kneel.

Neil?s heart leapt from his chest?had she spotted him?

Megan tilted the box back over and began rummaging through it. Her demeanour changed as she realized he wasn?t in there.

?Where are you?? She began thrusting her hand about the box not caring whether she did him an injury or not! And the way she was roughly searching she would more than likely have killed him!

Neil eventually reached his goal, his little heart beating faster and harder than he thought possible. He took cover behind one of the rear legs of the dresser and peered out across the vast open plain of which he?d just crossed?Megan?s bedroom!

He watched in fear as her anger grew?she was really pissed.

Megan stood and pulled the box from the closet.

?Well you little **** if you are still in there I suggest you get out now?for I?m gonna huff and puff?hmm, no not blow your house down?but stamp it flat to the ground.?

Megan raised her sandaled foot and began stamping heavily on the box.

Neil watched every crushing blow and although pleased he wasn?t in there, he wondered whether he?d done the right thing in hiding from her?

The box gave out under Megan?s angry assault?and true to her words the box was soon flat. She bent down and folded it over a couple of times before standing back up with it held in her hands?

?I hope you weren?t in there?and I hope you enjoyed the show?but you?re going to be very sorry for hiding from me?very sorry indeed.?

Neil watched as she walked right past him toward the bedroom door?he dare not move?he was scared, he?d never been more scared. A mere little teenage girl had sent a chill through him like he could never have imagined.

Megan closed the bedroom door behind her.

Neil was unsure of what to do?he needed to eat?he needed to freshen himself up?he needed help! But none of these were on his menu for life?what should he do?

He looked about for a better hiding place?there wasn?t one!

He paused for a moment??She?d be coming back soon.? He thought aloud ?what if I try the same trick as with the closet door?? It would leave him in the open should he be spotted?was it better than hiding out and waiting for a better opportunity. His decision was made easy as the bedroom door opened.

Quickly he tucked himself tight behind the leg of the dresser?leaning over he watched in horror as not one pair of feet walked toward him but THREE.

?Right close the door Aimee and watch the floor carefully?Dawn you check in here while I finish checking the closet.? Megan instructed.

?You?re really not pulling our legs? You really have Miss Harpers boyfriend trapped in here?like really small?? Aimee questioned, doubt laced in her voice as she gestured his size with thumb and finger.

?Course?why would I lie? Now keep ya eyes peeled.?

Megan slid back the door to the closet and began searching carefully this time, she?d leave no stone unturned?no boot unchecked, she?d find him?and when she did!

Neil leaned back and kept himself covered?what could he do? Soon he knew he?d be found?it was only a matter of time. He had to think fast as he heard Dawn fast approaching.

He stepped out to run to the other leg that was against the wall and closer to the bedroom door?his escape route, but as he did his eyes met Dawns as she was already on her hands and knees about to search beneath the dresser. She looked at him?her bright eyes opened wide and her mouth fell open?it was true! There right in front of her was a tiny man.

Neil paused for a moment like a rabbit caught in car headlights?his mind telling him to run but his legs refused to obey.

Dawn?s mouth began to move but just low inaudible gibberish came from it.

Neil?s legs returned and he bolted?right at her! What was he thinking?

Quickly Dawn pushed herself up as this little man rushed toward her face?she still didn?t know what to make of him, she wasn?t afraid but shocked as he ran at her!

His legs carried him faster than ever as he ran past her hand than she rested upon. Quickly he looked up and over his shoulder to see whether she was after him?she wasn?t, she just watched with a vacant expression on her face.

Neil turned back ?THUD? he stopped instantly and crumpled to the floor.

?Ouch! His heads bloody hard.? Aimee commented as she leaned down and rubbed her ankle right where Neil had just head butted her. ?Meg?s we got him.? Aimee called.

Dawn had gotten a little braver now and prodded the still little man with her finger. ?He?s dead?you killed him.? She said looking up at Aimee.

?I did no such thing?he ran into me, should watch where?look I?ve got a bloody bruise?doe?s it notice??

Megan arrived and looked down at the crumpled unmoving heap lying next to Aimee?s foot.

?I said catch him?not kill him?geez?what have you done??

Dawn reached out and gingerly rolled him over with her finger.

Neil, now positioned on his back lifted his hands to his face as he moaned.

?He moved?did you see that?he?s alive.? Dawn cried out in relief.

?Never mind him?look?can you see the bruise.? Aimee asked.

?Christ Aimee?would you give it up already?no one can see the bloody bruise.? Megan snapped as she bent down and picked Neil up.

* * * *

 Neil was still a little dazed and his head sore, but as he opened his eyes he could see three pretty girls looking down at him?was he in heaven? Had he died and now he was with the angels?no it all came flooding back like a river bursting it banks?so much confusion, pain and fear rushing over him. He sat bolt up right and realised that he was in fact sitting in the middle of a triangular circle?a triangular circle formed by the three giant girls all sitting Indian style.

Quickly he realised he was naked, he sat up on his knees and covered him self with his hands.

?Arrr look he?s shy?that?s so cute.? Commented Dawn.

?It?s ok honey?we?ve already seen what you?ve got to offer?and believe me it isn?t much?ha.? Mocked Aimee.

Megan sat quiet and just enjoyed listening to her friends belittles him.

Neil had knelt quietly with his head hanging, taking the prodding with the fingers and verbal abuse but even he had a breaking point where even fear had no place.

Aimee prodded him again; she like Dawn enjoyed watching him fall just from a prod of one of their fingers.

That was it the last straw, Neil reached up and grabbed at her finger, taking the long nail in both hands he attempted to bend it up?to cause her pain! But all he did was to cause amusement for them as his feeble attempt ended up with him pressed tightly to the floor by only Aimee?s pointy finger. He kicked and squirmed and hit her finger but all this caused was rapturous laughter from all three girls.

?This is so much fun having our own little man to play with.? Aimee commented.

?Wow! Back up there a second?he?s not our little man to play with?he?s mine?don?t forget that?he?s mine.? Megan reminded them.

Aimee lifted her finger from Neil.

He rolled over and gasped in some much needed air as her nail had been sticking just a little too hard into his neck.

?Well I think he?s ours?we should share him, what do you think Dawn?? Aimee looked her friend straight in the eye.

?Well err.? Dawn nervously replied not wanting to take sides.

?He?s mine?sure you can pet him when you come over?even play with him?but he?s mine?I found him.? Megan was starting to sound a little irritated.

Aimee smiled cockily at Megan ?ok he?s yours?but what if your Mum were to find out about him? Or Miss Harper?then he?d belong to none of us.?

Megan had hatred in her eyes?if she were a cartoon creation she?d have steam blowing from her ears ?you wouldn?t dare!? she retorted, her eyes squinting for effect.

?Who me? Megan how could you even think such a thing?as if I?d?I was only saying what if??

?Yea what if?? Dawn chirped in.

Megan and Aimee looked at Dawn and shouted ?Shut up!?

Neil was sitting up once more and had turned to face Dawn, her eyes constantly locked on him, and now his on hers?he needed an ally and Dawn looked like the perfect choice?he?d end up wrapping her around his little finger?wouldn?t he?

While the other two continued there argument?well heated discussion, Neil got to his feet and walked over to Dawn.

She kept her eyes on him the whole time and as he neared her she playfully flicked at him sending him crashing to the floor.

He sat up and looked up at her?a hurt expression on his face, he hoped it would work. Again he got to his feet and walked toward her?this time Dawn decided not to flick him?she wanted to see what he was going to do.

Neil approached her legs where they crossed; she wore jeans so there was no flesh exposed except from the ankle down. Stepping to his right he found her right foot, reaching down he began stroking her big toe. Dawn giggled a little and wriggled her toe?it felt weird having someone touch her like that.

He looked up and called to her. ?Please Dawn, don?t hurt me?please don?t let them hurt me?please I beg you.? Just to rubber stamp his shot for goal he leaned in and kissed her toe.

?Ok?he?s ours?but I still get to decide what days he spends with you and Dawn?and I can change that at any time?ok.? Megan at last had compromised, well more like she?d been manipulated by Aimee?s clever negotiating?blackmail!

?Hmm, yea that sounds acceptable to me?what say you Dawn??

As Aimee and Megan looked over at Dawn they soon found the reason for her silence as she had Neil in her left hand while she traced and prodded gently, his body with her right fingers. Neil for the first time since he?d been taken from his home felt safe and secure.

?Dawn did you even hear what we?ve been talking about?? Megan barked.

?What! O? yea.? She replied as she quickly tilted her hand and dropped Neil back into the space between the three of them.

Then in the distance Jane could be heard calling.

?Yea ok Mum?? Megan called out.

?Come on girls, Mum?s got tea ready.?

Roughly Megan reached out and wrapped her hand firmly around Neil, he gasped for air as she did so?she didn?t need to hold him so tight.

Holding him up the her face she smiled and said ?Now where to hide you safely??

She looked around, where could you hide a five inch tall person.

?I know, here give him to me.? Aimee said holding out her hand.

Megan looked at her and handed him over. Aimee walked over to the bed and unzipped the Teddy Bear nightdress holder that adorned Megan?s bed.

?In ya go little fella?? She chirped as Neil was roughly tucked into the folds of the nightdress and the light shut out as the zipper was closed shut.

Neil felt smaller than ever as he fidgeted about in this dark warm place?Megan?s satin nightdress felt nice against his bare skin and he could smell nothing but her?but it was hot and the air thick?he didn?t like it in here.

Aimee ruffled the bear about and sat it comfortably just in front of the pillow. ?There you go?safe as house?s.? she sounded pleased with herself.

Megan nodded her approval as she stepped to the bedroom door and held it open while her two friends exited the room.

* * * *

Neil was uncomfortable; the heat in the teddy holder was close to unbearable and the air thick with Megan?s smell. Sure he?d tried escaping but his energy levels were low and the harder he exerted himself the hotter he became?why was his life such a torture?

They say silence is golden, well I guess in some case?s it may be?sitting in a Library studying is probably a good example?but sitting alone in a place with only your thoughts for company and with no way of escape is most definitely not the place to be.

At last after what seemed like hours Neil heard the bedroom door open and the familiar giggling from the silly girls reverberate around his claustrophobic prison.

?How about we have a little fun?with our treasured guest?? Aimee suggested a little mischievously as she closed the bedroom door behind her.

Megan smiled at her and enquired, ?What do you have in mind??

Aimee thought for a moment as she walked over to the bed, which Dawn was already sitting on.

Dawn reached for the teddy, suddenly Neil?s world shifted violently, it was very unnerving not having any type of control?he hated it so.

Dawn was about to release the zipper when Aimee intervened.

?Hang on a minute Dawn?lets think about this, what can we do with him??

Neil was bounced all around as Aimee held the teddy by the arm and casually swung it up and down by her side.

?Aimee stop that!? Dawn said to her.

Aimee looked puzzled, ?Stop what?? ?Swinging him about like that?stop it you?ll make him sick.? Dawn sounded a little worried.

?Arrr?got the hots for teachers boyfriend have we?? Megan joked.

Defensively Dawn replied ?No?I just?well??

?I know what we can play?piggy in the middle?and Dawn you?re the piggy.? Aimee called out. ?Here catch Meg?s.?

Megan moved just in time to catch the teddy bear as Aimee threw it at her aggressively. ?Geez?that was a bit close?you silly?? and before she?d said another word she threw it back at Aimee.

Dawn jumped to her feet and rushed at Aimee to try and steal the Bear from her, but Aimee was far to quick and after a fake under arm she lobbed the Bear over Dawns head as she giggled.

Neil?s world was moving so fast that his stomach wasn?t getting the chance to catch up with his body?he was feeling more and more woozy, his head was spinning and occasionally he was getting squeezed a little to tightly for comfort as the girls caught the Bear.

The game had lasted for a good tens minutes now and all three of them were loudly giggling?even Dawn had forgotten of her worry for Neil trapped inside?she was having such fun?Aimee on the other hand was getting really annoyed as she was now piggy in the middle and had no chance of getting the Bear from the taller two girls.

?That?s it?I?ve had enough?silly game anyway.? Aimee moaned as she sat on the bed.

?Huh! That?s right forgot you?re a quitter.? Megan said sarcastically.

?Am not.?

?Are too.?

?Not.?

?Are.?

Then as Dawn threw the Bear back at Megan, Aimee leapt from the bed and dived full length to intercept it?she got her hand to it but only managed to knock it of course.

Neil?s world came to a mind shattering stop as the Bear smashed against the bedroom door, then fractions of a second later he was bounced again as the Bear fell to the floor.

He lay there still for a moment as the bedroom fell silent?his ears no longer abused by the constant high pitched shrills of the silly teenage girls. But he was hurt?although he was pretty well packed in there he?d still gotten a bloody nose and a couple of thick lips, lucky he?d managed to protect his face from a lot of the abuse by curling up and covering it up as best he could.

Megan looked down at Aimee lying on the floor, her mouth open?had they killed the little man?

?What you looking at me for? It was your fault?shouldn?t have thrown it so hard.? Aimee said as she looked over at Dawn.

Before Dawn could respond the bedroom door opened and in stepped Jane (Megan?s Mum) her right foot landing flat on the Bear, so forcibly that the middle section flattened causing the head and legs to raise up ready to hug her foot.

There were audible gasps from all three girls as she did this.

?What the hell?s going on in here?sounds like a herd of elephants running around up here??

?Sorry Mum?we?ll be quieter?I promise??

* * * *