- Text Size +

Part 11.

Neil heard the silence break as Aimee passed the blame, and then his world rolled over and over as the door opened. Suddenly he was pressed hard by some immovable force, and if he hadn?t been curled up he?d surly have perished as the weight grew heavier he found himself popped out like a pea from a pod. He couldn?t move?he could barely breath as he found himself forced hard into one of the Bears legs!

?If this noise continues then I?m afraid your friends will have to go home.? Jane said sternly, when no reply was forthcoming she noticed that all the girls seemed to be looking at her foot. She followed their gaze down to see she had stood on Megan?s nightdress holder. ?Hmm, what?s the fascination with my standing on that?? She thought to herself.

Lifting her foot from the compressed stomach of the Teddy Bear she watched as it struggled to regain its once portly belly. Jane bent down and picked the Bear up.

Neil felt the weight lift and then his stomach churned as he was lifted once again into the air. He could hear muffled voices outside and he tried screaming for help, but he was so tightly packed into the leg that he could barely breathe let alone shout.

Jane held the Teddy and pushed is sides in attempting to reshape it.

?O? it?s ok Mum?I can do that.? Megan said as she stepped toward her mum.

?What?right yea course you can, here catch.?

Jane threw the Teddy, Megan caught it?by the leg?the leg Neil just so happened to be tightly packed into. His face slammed hard into his knees as Megan?s hand unknowingly wrapped around him?any more pressure and he?d surly snap!

?Now I mean it girl?s any more noise and you?ll be on your way home.?

?Yes Mum?we?ll be quiet.?

?Good because if I?? Megan interrupted her, ?Mum please??

Jane glared at Megan one last time as she withdrew and shut the door behind her.

Quickly Megan?s hand grasped at the zipper on the Teddy?she paused and looked at her friends, ?what if??

?What if?what?? Dawn asked.

?You know?dead?Mum did stand on it pretty hard.? Megan said as she looked at the Teddy.

Dawn gasped and bought her hand to her mouth. Aimee didn?t say much but grabbed at the Teddy.

?What ya doing?? Megan said aloud and a little shocked.

?Well if we?re ever gonna find out we need to open the blasted thing?don?t we??

Megan?s eyes softened and she passed the Teddy to Aimee. Aimee made herself comfortable on the bed and slowly began unzipping the zipper.

Neil heard the grating sound of the zipper opening way above him?he?d wish they?d hurry up as he was close to blacking out through lack of air.

Aimee pulled the two sides apart, forming a nice large slit for her to look into.

?Well?what can you see?? Dawn worriedly asked.

Aimee put her fingers in the opening and pulled it about a little, ?nothing?he?s not in here.? Her searching became more frantic.

?Don?t be stupid?he must be in there?give it to me.? Megan roughly snatched the Teddy from her friend.

Eagerly she pulled the nightdress out and let it fall to the floor?Aimee was right he was gone?but where? Megan sat down next to Aimee and they looked at each other bemused??How could he have escaped?? They said in unison.

Neil had heard all of what was said and was struggling with all his might to free himself from the leg?he was tired, weak and faint but he knew he couldn?t give up.

?Let me look.? Dawn said as she bent down and picked the Teddy up off of Megan?s lap.

?Dawn he?s not in there!? Aimee said as she rolled her eyes.

Dawn parted the sides as Aimee and Megan before her had done, but she looked more closely and thoroughly. She gasped as she noticed Neil?s tiny butt cheeks point out of the right leg.

?What is it?? Megan asked as she stood to see what Dawn had found.

?Is he there?? Aimee sounded surprised.

Dawn reached in carefully and pinching his hip between her thumb and finger she gently pulled him free.

As Neil was pulled free of the leg he fell limp, his heavy breathing increased as his tired lungs sucked up some much needed air.

Dawn dropped the Teddy and carefully wrapped her hand around Neil?s chest?taking care to leave his arms free.

She bought him to her face as the other two girls looked in closely?

?Is he alive?? Enquired Aimee.

?Yea I think so?geez he?s seen better days though, just look at his face!? Dawn sounded concerned.

?Here give him to me!? Megan insisted as she held out her hand.

Reluctantly Dawn released Neil into Megan?s hand; her grip was far more restraining than Dawn?s as she liked to have his arms pinned tightly to his sides even though he was barely moving.

Neil could feel Megan?s warm breath wash over him as she held him up for close inspection. Lifting his tired heavy head he called to her.

?Water?water?please I need water.?

Megan tilted her head as he spoke thus bringing her ear closer.

?What did he say?? Enquired Dawn enthusiastically.

Neil winced as her loud powerful voice washed over him.

?Water?I think he wants water?Aimee can you go get a bowl of warm water?and a little cup of cold water.? Megan asked as she walked over to her dresser.

Aimee quickly left; Megan and Dawn made some space on the dresser and carefully laid Neil on a folded up towel.

Neil sat up slowly, his mouth dry and his face crispy from the dried blood that stuck uncomfortably to him.

Both Megan and Dawn watched in fascination as he moved slowly about.

?Do you think he?ll be ok?? Dawn asked Megan.

?Well yea?he looks ok?don?t he?? Megan didn?t sound too sure.

Neil didn?t care about his modesty anymore; he had bigger things to worry about?three of them to be exact!

He stretched himself out and tried various twists and bends just to see if everything was working, as it should, to his great relief it appeared that he hadn?t broken anything.

Dawn and Megan were suddenly startled as the bedroom door opened.

?Its only me!? Aimee said as she stepped in and using her foot closed the door behind her. She had a red plastic food mixing bowl in one hand and a glass of water in the other.

?Well done that girl.? Chirped Megan as Aimee stepped over to the dresser. ?How?d you get that past my Mum??

?O? you know me?I could sell ice to the Eskimo?s.? Aimee comically replied.

Dawn looked at her strangely ?Really?wow that?s cool.?

Aimee put the bowl and glass down as both she and Megan laughed at Dawn?s remark.

Neil was sat up awaiting the laughter to finish?he was so dry and seeing the glass of water mere feet from him left him feeling even thirstier. The laughter abated but still the girls didn?t pay him any attention?to busy on the subject of boys?Bret Stevens, his name seemed to be very popular amongst them.

That was enough he needed a drink, Neil got to his feet and carefully walked over to the glass of water.

Standing next to the glass he realised that even something as simple as drinking from a glass was going to be a hard task for him as the glass was tall and slim, it rose at least two inches over his head. He looked back over at the three girls?still to busy chatting to look after him.

He steadied himself and jumped up with his arms outstretched easily taking hold of the rim of the glass. For a moment he dangled and then slowly began pulling him self up, it wasn?t easy and took all the strength he had, but at last he rested on the rim of the cold glass by his stomach.

That should have been the hard part over?but of course it wasn?t for Aimee had only filled the glass half way and it was well out of his reach?or was it.

Neil rested for a moment, ?what if I can tip the glass?? He thought of that for only a fleeting moment?he didn?t want to upset Megan again. The easiest way would be for him to drop down into the glass and drink what he wanted before climbing out again. Yea that seemed like a good idea?sure it?d be cold but he had the towel, and could easily dry him self off!

His mind made up Neil went to swing one of his legs up and over?unfortunately that?s not what happened, his hand slipped off of the rim of the glass causing him to fall forward?he had nothing to grab a hold off! He was falling head first into the tall slim glass!

It was like slow motion, he reached out frantically and tried to halt his fall by placing his hands to the sides of the glass but his efforts were wasted. His last rational thought was to take a deep breath as his head hit the water. Seconds later he found him self upside down perched up on his hands in a half filled glass of cold water.

Frantically he tried to turn himself over?but he couldn?t, the glass was far too narrow, he pressed his hands against the sides and tried desperately to climb up but it was far too slippery. Through the distortion of the glass and water he could make out the three giant figures of the girls?so near yet so far?was this it? Was he to die in a half filled glass of water? For once he longed for that Sinking feeling?if only he were smaller!

They say your life flashes before you when you drown?well Neil were finding out that this was true as he struggled to hold his breath. Visions of his entire family flashed past him, Haley Caldwell his first love?well the first he?d made love too and behind the bike sheds at school! And at last Tracy?his Tracy the woman he?d planned to marry, her pretty face looking down at him?then it was dark.

?Geez forgot about the squirt.? Megan suddenly snapped.

Turning she found him not where he?d been left.

?Little monkey?s scurried off again.? She scoffed.

?Well he can?t have gone?far?quick in the glass.? Aimee replied as she quickly plunged her thumb and finger into the glass.

Pinching Neil?s foot carefully she lifted him up and out of the water. Immediately he began coughing and spluttering trying to clear his lungs of the water.

Aimee lowered him to the towel, quickly he knelt and with his hands flat on the floor before him he heaved up all the water that he?d swallowed.

?You stupid little man?you could have drowned.? Said Dawn stating the obvious.

Neil coughed and slumped on his front, tired, hungry and glad to be alive. But before he could turn over her felt his sides pinched and then he was quickly lifted.

Megan picked him up carefully between her thumb and finger, before jostling him slightly until he was settled firmly into her fist.

Neil lifted his tired head and looked up as all three girls smiled down at him.

?He?s so cute?when do I get to take him home Meg?s.? Dawn asked excitedly.

Aimee shot a glance at her, ?After me?I?m first?right Meg?s.?

?Slow down both of you, you?ll get your turns?lets just enjoy tonight first.? Megan?s eyes widened as she continued, ?after all it?s the first of many!?

Neil had tapped into his own reserves and was frantically fidgeting about in her fist?his tired efforts how ever were no match for Megan?s clenched fist.

?Be still will you?do you think you could actually escape my fist.? Megan said as she shook her hand slightly.

Neil?s head repeatedly slapped against the top of her hand as she did so?it had the desired affect?he stopped struggling!

?Meg?s hadn?t we better bath him?before the water gets too cold?? Dawn suggested.

?Yea I guess so.?

Megan lowered her hand to the warm water, as her fist sank into the water Neil feared for his life as his head submerged. Slowly Megan relaxed her fingers and took great pleasure in watching Neil struggle to help her along. He wasn?t completely free but he could use his arms as he sat upon her open fist with only her little finger still held across his lap.

At first he was reluctant to do anything but then realised that he needed to clean and eventually took the small piece of soap that was offered to him.

Just cleaning the dried blood from his face made him feel better, he cleaned as best he could in his restricted position.

?Megan could you let me free?please.? Neil called up as he pushed at her little finger.

Megan giggled a little as she enjoyed the thought that just her little finger was holding him against his will.

Neil pushed at her finger again and looked up at her.

?Arrr, don?t be mean?let him go.? Insisted Dawn.

?Ok?ok.?

Megan relaxed her little finger and Neil slid from her palm; he now stood chest high in the warm water?he felt 100% better?new life seemed to wash through him?with new life came the hunger?boy was he hungry!

Neil quickly finished washing himself and stood there awaiting to be lifted out?Dawn was the first to react and lowered her hand in a cupped pose gesturing for him to sit. This he did, carefully she lifted her hand up and out of the bowl before gently lowering him to the towel. As her hand withdrew Neil made the point of thanking her?she probably didn?t hear him but he mouthed it up at her and she smiled.

?I think he likes you Dawnie?? Teased Aimee.

?Get away?? Dawn replied a little red faced.

?No he doe?s?but doe?s Dawnie like the older man?? Megan joined in the teasing also.

?Shut up?both of ya?? Dawn retorted as she playfully hit at Megan.

?Looks to me like Dawnie wants a bundle Aim?s.?

Dawn smiled but before she could react Aimee had gotten a pillow from the bed and whacked her around the head with it. The shock of the blow knocked her to one side and she reached out to steady herself.

Neil felt the rush of air from the blow all the way down to where he was sat on the towel. But then after steadying him self he screamed as Dawn?s hand caught the towel and knocked it half over the edge, he tumbled over and over but at the last minute managed to get a grip of the looped towelling. Handing there by only his fingertips he struggled as the fight behind him escalated. Hand over hand he tried desperately to pull himself back up to safety, but he couldn?t get any help form his legs and his arms were becoming far too tired.

Looking down past his feet he gasped at the thought of the drop?it was so far! He?d surly break his legs at the very least.

Still the fight ensued behind him: Dawn being both bigger and stronger than her friends was making it difficult for them to pin her down?giggling erupted and feet kicking everywhere as all three fell to the ground in a heap!

Neil quickly felt the reverberations, and it was enough to loosen his grip entirely?He fell like in the movie?s, a stunt man falling back off of a building plummeting to the air bag or boxes piled below?the last part always out of shot! It was slow motion?or so it seemed until he landed with a sickening thud on the carpet below. ?Ommmpppffff? Neil moaned as the wind was knocked from him!

For a moment everything seemed to go quiet?the light faded and then he shook from another earth shuddering jolt?and then another.

Still he lay there in a semi conscious state?aware of what was going on but unable to move?he still hadn?t breathed since the initial impact of the landing.

Dawn rolled over, still Megan and Aimee struggled to pin her down. The giggling intensified as Megan began playing dirty by tickling Dawn at her side. Dawn rolled over once more onto her back and Aimee quickly sat on her chest as Megan continued to tickle her. Dawn?s leg rose and quickly came back down smashing her heel into the floor!

Neil felt the air brush past him this time as Dawn?s heel landed within inches of him, his senses awakened by a huge breath he?d just taken?he was in danger?real danger. Sitting up he prepared to try and move off, still struggling to find life in his legs.

Megan stopped tickling Dawn and she quickly sat behind Aimee thus totally defeating Dawn.

Dawn?s legs were pressed flat down, her socked foot sliding along the carpet as Megan sat down.

Neil suddenly got a stab in the back and found himself tipped over several times until he came to a rest. Beaten and bruised but still breathing he rolled onto his back and found that he was lying next to Dawn?s foot which sat on its heel with the toes pointing skyward.

For a moment he was transfixed on the sole of her foot?the slight movement above as her toes twitched?and then the realisation sunk I that her innocent foot had almost snuffed his life out?with just a step he would be no more, a mere stain for her to wipe away!

Finding newfound strength he rolled over and dragged him self clear of the wrestling girls.

He sat up from the relative safety under the Dresser and continued to watch them rolling about and laughing?still totally unaware that he was even gone?he remembered back to an old movie he?d seen King Kong where the hero watched the giant beast wrestle with a T-Rex from the safety of a hollowed trunk!

Neil edged further under the dresser as the girls still laughed and rolled about, suddenly his eyes widened ?with all the noise and thumping about surly Jane would come up and complain once more.? He thought to him self.

But then where could he hide, sooner or later the girls are going to stop messing about and when they do he?ll once again be the centre of their attention. Looking around frantically he could see nowhere new in which to hide?except for?no he couldn?t hide in there?could he?

With a little effort and help from the leg of the dresser Neil was standing on his tired unsteady feet?he looked at the huge room before him, Dawn?s feet still too close for comfort?but if he were to carry out his plan he needed to get past the girls!

He waited for calm as Dawn had just tried hard to throw her friends off of her?it was still?the girls chatted, well Megan was asking Dawn if she gave up yet! Using this lull in their movement Neil began edging along the skirting board as quick as he could.

Making good time it wasn?t long before he was level with Dawn?s shoulder??Geez if any of them turn their heads now I?m done for!? but still he pressed on, keeping low and making himself as small as possible.

Neil was just at the bedroom door when he heard Dawn call out ?Ok I give in.? A chill ran down his spine?he was still 300 odd yards form his goal; finding an extra step he upped the pace.

?I wanna hear the word.? Aimee said as she still knelt on Dawns shoulders.

?Ok?uncle?happy now.? Dawn replied.

Aimee smiled and got up off of her friend. ?That?s all we wanted to hear.

Megan was already up and looking on the dresser. ?****?where are you??

Aimee turned as Megan knelt down and picked up the fallen towel. ?Is he???

Neil had just managed to reach a pair of Ankle boots that sat by the door?it was the last place he wanted to hide but unfortunately there was nowhere else and this was next to the bedroom door.

Dawn quickly got to her feet to help her friends in the search.

Quickly Neil climbed onto the toe of the boot and pulled himself up until he was looking down into the darkness below?did he really want to do this? He looked over his shoulder and guessed if he wanted to escape those three then this would probably be his best chance. Taking a deep breath he pulled himself over the lip at the top and began falling head first down toward the heel.

Aimee had just turned her head and caught a glimpse of his little legs disappear into her boot?a smile crossed her face as she drew the attention of both Dawn and Megan.