- Text Size +

Part 14

Neil stood on the dresser as the three girls cooed down at him?he felt smaller than ever standing there in a pink floral dress, which was slightly over sized on him. Although pissed he had to admit it was better than being naked.

?Ok little Tom?time to go.? Megan said as she reached for him.

Neil didn?t object, as his thoughts were of escape once he was alone in the draw he maybe able to find a way out over the back of it!

But suddenly he realised that Megan had no intention of putting him in the draw as she opened her bag. He began to struggle but it was to of no avail as she held him over the opening and released him allowing him to drop roughly into the bottom of the bag.

Neil rolled over just as her hand bought the bags front over and he heard the magnetic clasp snap into place?he screamed out of frustration as the bag began to sway too and fro as Megan began to walk.

At least there was a little light that entered at either end, not much but enough to make out the shapes he shared the bag with?like the distinctive shape of her compact, her lip stick, her bulky purse with the twist lock on top. He sat on a small clump of tissues folded neatly and packed into one end. At first he kept still wondering just how long this nightmare would last?but his stomach began to growl?he was hungry?very, very hungry.

He decided to explore the bag a little more?maybe, just maybe there?d be something he could eat, he pulled the pile of tissues away to reveal a small box; he lost his footing as the bag tilted over and her hair brush slid down and cracked him in the back of his thighs. This bought a groan from him as it had hurt quite badly?but still he drove on ?what?s in that box?? he wondered.

Pushing the hairbrush to one side he started to pull on the box once more, it was hard work but he managed to free it from its tight confines. With all his strength he lifted one end to reveal a lid! He climbed down and sat on the end of her compact with his legs held under the box keeping the lid end up. With both hands he fought to open it, but it was un yet opened and the lid was still held firm by little pieces of cardboard?for want of a better word you needed to break the perforations to lift the lid.

Again the bag shifted violently and the noise from the outside world grew louder?Neil guessed she was at the mall?he didn?t have long before her hand would reach in for something, hopefully not him!

Returning to the job at hand he forced his sore hand between two of the perforations and pulled?it didn?t budge?taking a deep breath he tried once more, this time all his veins in his head pulsed out and his neck boned up, his face reddened, his air dissipated as he screamed out?he felt it give at last?he felt a sense of achievement as he looked down to see that not one but too of the little cardboard holds had broke. For a minute he smiled to himself as he remembered how he used to break these open with only the use of his thumb?how things have changed.

With both hands now firmly positioned under the perforations he pulled, and he pulled until all had been torn and the lid opened. Pulling back the flaps at the side he reached in hoping to find a reward for all his effort?but he couldn?t feel anything, reaching in still further he found nothing. She?d opened the box from the other end?the box was empty!

Tears filled his eyes?how could life be so crawl. Then at that very moment his ears were assaulted by some stupid sound and her bag lit up?it was her mobile phone! Why hadn?t he noticed that before? He covered his ears and could see the name of the person calling?Joanne he read as clear as day. He moved quickly and even though the pain was deafening to him he reached out and tried to answer it. Time was running short as the bag began to open and light shone in.

Neil pressed the answer button with his entire mite but to no avail, as he just couldn?t depress it. Then suddenly he found himself brushed aside like apiece if dirt as Megan?s fingers wrapped around the phone and easily lifted it up free of the purse.

Looking up he could see the look on her face as she answered it and smiled a little as she aloud the bag to close up once more.

Sitting there he felt smaller than ever and even more alone if that were at all possible. He could hear Megan converse with his sister and from the sounds of it she was going to meet then at the mall?if only there was a way to escape the bag! But then what? What could a five-inch tall man do? The danger to him would be unthinkable?his mind raced back to his last visit with Megan and how close he came to being seriously hurt then?

?Yea ok, well see you then?byyyee.? Megan finished her conversation with Joanne.

The bag opened and Neil squinted as Megan?s hand reached in for him, he tried his best to evade her wondering fingers but of course it was a futile attempt and only caused her to snatch him rougher than she needed too.

?Ok Aimee?open up ya bag.? Megan announced.

?What?? Aimee sounded surprised.

?Come on hurry up?you get him for tonight and you can let me have him back tomorrow at School?come on hurry up.?

Dawn huffed ?that?s not fair?I want him.?

?Stop being so dramatic you can have him next time?k!? Megan said as she passed Neil over to Aimee.

Neil squirmed and hated the look on Aimee?s face as she opened her bag and mouthed the words ?we?re going to have so much fun.?

He was then quickly stuffed into her denim bag and the zip shut tight. This bag was small and didn?t leave much room for moving about, but on the plus side he didn?t have to worry about getting smacked about by its contents as it was so tightly packed.

* * * *

An hour passed maybe more and Neil was finding his surroundings all the more claustrophobic and as much as his stomach growled through hunger he found himself wanting to answer the call of nature?he was desperate!

Digging about in the dark he managed to find what felt like tissues, hurriedly he pulled one free from the plastic pack and scrunched it as best he could. Suddenly the bag jolted sending him forward causing him to hit his head on her purse?s zipper, ?Arghhhh Jesus F?ing Christ.? He called out in frustration as he rubbed his head.

Getting back to his feet he settled over the scrunched up tissue in a squatting position, now all he needed was a couple of minutes without the bag moving about to allow him to do his business. He braced himself as solidly as he could and began the most degrading, demeaning thing he?d ever been forced to do!

Tears ran down as face as the smell began to emit from his mess?here he was a grown man squatting over a tissue in a young woman?s bag?unbelievable? You would have thought so, hell he definitely would have thought so?but it wasn?t?he was testament to that!

Once finished he carefully ripped off small pieces of the tissue and cleaned himself with them, he scrunched the tissue up as best he could to stop anymore of the foul smell from escaping.

The girls had caught up with Joanne at the arranged meeting place where they?d all purchased an ice cream. Joanne was telling of hers and Tracy?s sadness at the loss of her brother. You?d have thought it might have raised a slight feeling of guilt from the girls?well it didn?t Aimee?s only thought was of the fun she would have tonight when she at last would be alone with the little man.
Dawn was thinking about how she couldn?t wait her turn and how come Aimee got him before she did?
Megan actually enjoyed hearing of her pain?after all she had tried to give him back at first and was rudely ignored and told to leave, so it wasn?t her fault?besides he was better off with her and her friends.

?Look at you?how?d you manage to miss that mouth?? Dawn giggled as ice cream ran down Aimee?s chin.

?O? very funny?I always seem to make a mess when I have one of these.? Aimee said a little embarrassed.

Neil lurched suddenly as the bag was jostled about, he could hear her fingers take hold of the zipper, then the grinding of metal, as the Zip?s teeth were ripped apart. For a moment he was blinded by the light and then found himself roughly pushed to one side as Aimee reached in for a tissue. Neil noticed the ice cream that had ran onto her hand and quickly grabbed her finger and began licking it off as quickly as possible as his hunger was hurting real bad.

Aimee flicked at him and quickly pulled her hand free?a little shocked by his attack! She looked over to make sure no one was watching and took a quick look down. Neil was doubled up nursing his stomach where she?d just flicked him but she did notice the cream around his face. ?Christ he must be hungry!? she thought to herself.

?Geez there?s me laughing at Aimee and now I?ve gotten it all over my hand?has anyone got a tissue?? Dawn asked as she began licking her fingers.

Aimee again reached into her bag and found a scrunched up tissue packed in the corner of her bag, pulling it free she passed it to Dawn whom received with thanks and wiped her mouth and fingers with it!

Aimee still had a little piece of cone left and there was a little chocolate that had fallen onto the table, she ran her finger over it and then scrapped it into the tiny piece of cone.

Neil had gotten his breath back and was desperate to get away from Aimee?desperate enough to take his chances out in the big world beyond the bag. Getting to his feet he stood with his head peeking out the top, he looked up and could see that he was sat on Aimee?s lap, around under the table he could see three other sets of legs?one he knew was his sisters, if he could only make it to her?but which one was it?

He pulled himself up and swung a leg over before a large hand descended upon him and roughly pushed him back into the bag. Neil looked up to see Aimee waving her finger at him, she then lowered her other hand and held a small object out to him. Neil looked and realised what it was, quickly he snatched it from her thumb and finger.

Aimee smiled down as she watched him attack the cone with great gusto before she zipped the bag tightly shut and returned her attention to her friends.

Neil devoured the small offering with haste, to be fair it would normally have been more than he could have managed but he was so hungry he could have eaten a horse!

Time passed slowly in the bag and eventually he began to drift off to sleep, his hunger abated for now and the causal rhythmic swing of the bag was enough to send him deep into unconsciousness.

* * * *

Aimee at last arrived home, it was past five and she was a giddy as a schoolgirl?well she was a schoolgirl! She?d been thinking all afternoon about the time she?d be alone with Neil and still wasn?t sure what to do with him?but she was sure something would come to her.

She opened the front door and quickly ran up the stairs, once in her bedroom she threw the bag on her computer desk and quickly removed her coat tossing it carelessly onto the bed.

Neil awoke with a start as his world jolted and thumped about. He could hear monstrous step?s thunder beneath him as the bag swung wildly about. ?She must be home? the thought alone filled him with fear, for now he was alone with her and totally at her mercy.
A door slammed and then he felt himself free falling before having the stuffing knocked from him as the bag landed with a heavy thud.

Aimee?s eyes widened as she approached the bag, the slender fingers of her left hand wrapped carefully around the bag while her thumb and forefinger of her right hand take hold of the zipper. She pauses?can she really be feeling like this? She?s actually shaking?shaking with excitement.

Neil sinks as low as he can into the depths of the bag, fear etched onto his once joyful face?light begins to illuminate his world as the zipper is slowly and methodically slid open and then the words that send a new wave of fear through his entire body are spoken, ?get ready little man coz here I come?

The bag opens enough for Neil to see one of her eyes peering down at him, then it opens a little more and another eye appears.

?AIMEE?GET DOWN HERE NOW!? A distant cry is heard and the zipper pause?s.

?****...WHAT?? she replies.

Neil winces as the shout rains down on him.

?GET DOWN HERE NOW?DON?T MAKE ME COME UP THERE.? Again a disembowelled voice is heard.

Aimee swears under her breath and zips the bag back up before stomping heavily to the door, which a second later slams loudly!

Neil thanks the lord for a lucky break, even if its only minutes. Its then that he realises the zipper is slightly open, quickly he reaches up, and finds his arm can fit through. With grit and determination he forces his arm out until he draws in a sharp breath as his shoulder meets with the cold metal teeth of the zipper.

Putting his left hand on the front of the zipper and picking up the zippers tag he manages to slid it open a little more, then pulling the tag over and releasing the zippers lock he pushes and manages to open it enough for him to climb through.

There he stands next to a computer screen the size of a cinema screen and a keyboard where each key is as big as his head, ?if only it were switched on,? he ideally thought to him self.

He lifted his dress up to remove it?but then thought better of it, ?what the hell it keeps me warm?.

Walking over to the edge of the desk he surveyed his surroundings?it was a big room by any standards and also a messy room, unlike Megan there was stuff all over the floor. There was a double bed unmade with the quilt half hanging off, a bedside cabinet where the top could barley be seen due to jewellery and loose change chucked upon it. Against the side wall there was a seven-draw dresser and a door next to that which lead to god only knows where.

Neil broke his own concentration realising that he needed to get down from the desk and quickly for she may return any moment and he at least wanted to make it difficult for her to find him.

Running to the back of the desk he looked for a way down?there was only one and that was by way of the monitors cable which hung down and connected into the back of the PC tower, which was probably on a shelf a little lower. He noticed as he walked along that the table was thick with dust, each step he took a little puff of dust would gather round his foot.

He was at the cable, it was a long climb, and one he knew he had to make but fear engulfed him all the same. He knelt down and tried his hands on the cable, its girth was greater than his tiny hands could manage, and the dust?Christ this was going to be harder than he?d imagined.

Gingerly he slid a leg over the cable and then using his dress to protect his thighs he wrapped legs around the cable and crossed his feet the other side. This was it there was no going back now as he started to lower himself down, inch by inch, slowly but carefully he passed the desk top?he was now hanging free. Hugging the cable with all his strength he began lowering himself, true it was hard going and it was going to take quite awhile but at least he was in control.

Suddenly he paused as the door began to open, he looked out from the back of the desk where he hung and watched as two stocking clad legs headed in his direction, he could feel the tremor go through him with each step the giant took. He watched in awe as the giant pulled the seat away from the desk and sat down, it then leaned over and a click was heard as the computer fizzed into life.

Neil looked forward he was knee level to this woman, his heart raced as he could see up past her knees into the dark reach?s between her thighs, her blue skirt stretched tight across her lap. He?d already liked what he?d seen?she could help him, was she his ticket out of here.

?Help me?please help me.? He screamed out as the windows opening music assaulted his delicate ears.

Again and again he cried out?but the response was the same?he wasn?t heard. Eagerly with renewed vigour he began sliding down the cable.

The woman sat back in the chair and raised her feet up onto the self at the back of the desk.

Neil couldn?t believe his luck, he held his breath at first when her legs moved and her feet headed his way, but then as they settled just below him he almost cried with relief. He lowered himself a little more until he was in touching distance of her toes. He uncrossed his legs and stretched out to kick her toe. But the dust that had gathered around his hands and legs made it almost impossible for him to hold firm?by the time he realised this it was too late and he found himself free falling to the shelve below.

He rolled over in pain having jarred his sore collarbone and immediately noticed he was face to face with black mesh netting. He looked up and up finding that he was lying on the shelf facing her gigantic heel. He got to his feet and continued to look up and down her foot; he guessed he stood slightly higher than half way for her toes were well out of his reach.

Her foot began tapping slightly as she listened to music above causing Neil to cower in fear, he reached out and touched her foot just above her heel as he still cowered behind it?there was no reaction, she continued to tap to the beat of the music.

He reached out again only this time with more presence, both his hands thumped into the black mesh, still no reaction. He stood and noticed the soft flesh by her arch ?perfect she?s bound to feel me there.? He leaned back and with all his might he punched hard with both fists, right at that very moment her foot tilted back and Neil?s fist?s forced there way through the tiny nets and made contact with her bare foot. Neil pulled back but to his horror found that his fists were stuck in the mesh, panic set in as he pulled again, but all he managed to do was stretch the nylon out?he was stuck!

The woman felt a slight irritation on her right foot and moved it until her toes balanced on the tip of the shelf.

Neil screamed as her foot lifted up taking him with it, this was it he feared, once her foot hit the floor he would be crushed. He screamed as her foot began to lower but then he got a lucky break as she gripped the shelf with her toes and left her foot hovering above the floor. He hung there the stocking stretching forming a tent beneath her foot, his hands firmly stuck. What could he do? If he moved she may lower her foot thus crushing him! But if he didn?t move eventually she would get up anyway again crushing him?he was in a no win situation.

?Help, please here under the desk?please help.? He called and screamed as he twisted and kicked about all to no avail.

Then the bedroom door opened and Aimee came rushing in?

?Hey what you doing in my room??

?Chill little sis, I just needed to research something for my homework?no biggy.?

It was then that Aimee noticed the bag open; quickly she reached down and looked in.

?Give it back?give it back?he?s not mine?Jen please give him back.? Her voice trailed off sounding desperate.

Jennifer Peters was Aimee?s older sister by almost 2 years, a tall slender girl with an athletic build, and auburn hair that was cut into a bob that really complemented her quite stunning looks.

Jennifer Span rounds on the chair and planted her feet firmly on the ground giving her sister a bemused look.

?Hang on a minute?back up just a little, now let me get this straight your accusing me of taking something from your bag? And then you say he? What are you talking about?your not on drugs are you??

Neil continued to scream for help and was now furiously bumping up and down beneath her foot hopping at least to get her attention. Then suddenly her foot kicked out sending her body spinning round on the rotation of the chair, her foot moved so fast and then stopped that the gravity caused Neil?s hands to break free from the stocking mesh thus sending him flying through the air. ?Arghhhh!? he screamed as he hit the carpeted floor and rolled over and over until he came to a sudden stop against a wall. Groggily he sat up and leaned back against the wall noticing at first that nothing was broken, he was just a little winded. He could hear above him the two girls arguing and he guessed he?d best hide himself, as he was just where was he?

Suddenly the wall he was leaning against lifted into the air and he fell back, looking up the wall was already on its way down again. As fast as he could he rolled to his right and the wall landed with an earth-shattering thud. For a moment Neil lay there looking up ay the dark slope which seemed to have a worn sticky label on it?He was looking up at the arch between the heel of Aimee?s boot and the sole?he was froze in terror at the realisation that he?d almost perished beneath her boot. Her foot moved slightly as she continued to argue with Jennifer. Neil had to snap out of it before he got into deeper trouble?he pulled himself out from beneath the arch and stood up an his unsteady legs.

Leaning against the boot he looked up and up until he reached the end of her leg at the crotch?it seemed an awful long way up. Turning he could see Jennifer?s feet planted firmly on the floor mere feet from him, looking up further he could see she was still sat but her feet were fidgeting quite a lot. He dare not risk trying to get her attention just yet?it was then that he realised the bedroom door had been left open. He could make it to their parent?s room and hide out there for the rest of the day and hope to get their attention sometime later. He turned and began to run toward the wall, the skirting board would be the safest place clear from the walking path. It was then that Jennifer shouted and pushed Aimee back as she stood up.

Aimee stumbled back a little before regaining her balance.

Neil almost wet himself as her feet shuffled past either side of him and a lot closer than he thought she could get without knocking him over. Still he continued to run and at last reached the relative safety of the skirting board.

Aimee had traced her steps back to Jennifer and now stood before her, her 5ft 2? frame dwarfed by her sister?s impressive 5ft 9? stature?but Aimee wasn?t about to back down.

Neil looked up before continuing his quest for the open door; the noise that they made sent pain thundering through his tiny head giving him all the more reason to escape. Although each was a giant to him it was something to see Jennifer standing looking down at Aimee?

He looked back no more as he reached the door it was at that point he heard the final call of the argument. Then just as he ran through the open door did the ground begin to thunder and before he could turn Jennifer?s stocking clad feet landed by him and then in a blink of an eye it was gone as she marched out of the room slamming the door behind her.

Neil stood with his back pressed against the wooden surround knowing how easily it would be to get stepped on as the speed that normal people moved was almost incomprehensible to him. His beating heart would need to slow before he continued on his venture, with the door now shut behind him he wondered just how long it would be before Aimee came looking?

Aimee sat at her desk sobbing her heat out, what could she do? Jennifer was so much bigger than her?she?d have to wait until she was out and then?wait a minute! ?What?s that?? She thought to her self as she wiped her eyes.

Leaning over the desk she noticed tiny marks in the dust?they were foot prints. A smile crossed her reddened puffy face as she realised that maybe Jennifer didn?t have him after all!

Neil looked down the hall; Aimee?s door was the furthest from the stairs, which at least left him only one way to go. The problem he faced was that there were a further 2 doors this side of the hall and another 2 the other side. He knew that the last door on this side was Jennifer?s room as he?d seen her go in there, he just hoped that he?d get lucky and find the room he was after sooner rather than later as the quicker he was clear of the open hall the better.

Aimee had traced his steps to the end of the desk behind the monitor; she was even able to see that he had dropped onto the shelf at the back due to the cluster of dust that he?d bought down with him. On her hands and knee?s she began the search calling softly to him, as she left no stone unturned.

With his heart rate slow and his breath recovered Neil started his perilous journey. First he had to cross Aimee?s door, which was worrying enough. He picked up his feet and ran as fast as he could, which in truth was pretty poor as the pile of the carpet made it hard for him. But a minute later he was safely across and leaning up against the wooden surround, keeping low and close to the skirting board he continued his journey forward?

Aimee was shifting all the clothes that were piled up under her bed.

?Come out little man?please come out?I won?t be upset?please.?

She sat back on her heels and looked around??he might be five inches tall but if he were still in here I?d have found him by now?I?m sure of it!? she thought to herself.

Neil had reached the middle door, carefully he knelt down and looked under it, immediately he knew which room it was by the cold linoleum floor?it was the bathroom?his journey would now mean him having to cross the open plain of the hall; Something he did not want to do.

Moving back along the skirting board he got to a point where he could cross with out being in direct line with a door. He looked left and then right?took a deep breath and went for it?like a hundred metre sprinter he darted toward his goal?head down he went.

Suddenly the door to his left opened, he dare not look up or turn back he was too far gone now. He felt the floor rumble and then the door crash shut. Head down still he bolted?nearer and nearer?the floor rumbled again and this time he nearly lost his footing?then from the sky a skin coloured wall fell before him blocking his path, he couldn?t stop?it was too late?Whack! He ran face first into it. He bounced back and landed unruly on his butt as the object passed by.

* * * *