- Text Size +

Part 8

Megan had just reached her front door when two familiar voices called out to her.

?Hey Meg what you up too??

Megan stopped in her tracks and turned around to greet her friends Dawn and Aimee.

Dawn was slightly taller than Megan with the brightest blues eyes you could ever imagine and dirty blonde hair that she kept in a ponytail.

Aimee was the opposite at 5ft 2 she was the smallest and with hazel eyes and light brown hair, and stunning looks that turned many a male head.

?Hey guy?s what?s up??

?O? not a lot, just going over to the mall and thought you might like to join us.? Said Aimee.

Megan thought for a moment, ?Well its getting kinda late?and well I haven?t had any dinner yet!?

?O? come on?we?ll grab something at the mall, don?t be a party pooper!?

?Yea ok then?lets go.?

Neil was horse from screaming so loud and so long, all he?d managed to do was hurt his dry sore throat. He had heard the conversation and couldn?t believe she was doing this too him?after all he?d always been kind to her?hadn?t he? He settled down again knowing it was useless to struggle any more.

* * * *

It had been a good hour since Neil had been placed in the bag and for the last 20 minutes he?d had to listen to 3 soppy teenage girls chat about boys, music, make up and all manner of uninteresting babble!

Suddenly Neil?s eyes squinted as the zipper slowly opened and light poured in. He struggled with the hairbrush as he saw Megan?s face appear above and smile, then her hand entered the bag filling his entire view, he screamed for help, but it was noisy outside and even if his voice travelled out the confines of the bag he?d doubt anyone could hear.

Neil winced as he found himself pressed tightly against the side of the bag as her hand pushed the contents of her bag one way and then the other as she looked for something. At last the discomfort was over as she lifted her purse out of the bag. Neil fell a little further than before and could see that there was an escape route past the hairbrush?but he?d have to be fast before the gap was once again filled with her purse.

Megan searched her purse for the right money to pay for her Big Mac meal given time for her little passenger to ease himself into a more comfortable position.

Neil had just squeezed past when Megan dropped her purse into the bag, she didn?t even check to see whether or not he was in the way. The zipper shut, only this time she?d left a little gap, there was light in his prison?and where there was light there was a way out!

Climbing over her purse he made it to the gap, reaching up it was just big enough to reach his arm out of. He felt for the zipper and tried lifting it to release the lock from the teeth. It was hard work but he managed to lift it, then using both hands he pushed the zipper back a little opening the gap large enough for him to climb through.

He lifted his head out to look around. He was amazed with the sights before his eyes. The bag was hung over the back of Megan?s chair; he was hanging just below the seat and was able to look almost 360 degrees around. Over to the right he could see a family sitting and eating, the mother feeding the toddler sat in the high chair while Dad tried to keep the older ones seated.

Suddenly he was startled as something dark brushed against the bag, he looked up to see that it was a young lad?maybe 16, he was sweeping up and wiping down the tables.

Neil knew that he couldn?t leave the bag?it was just too dangerous?but if he could get someone?s attention?yea that sounded like the best option.

He leaned out and began waving his arms about in a desperate attempt to get the young mans attention.

The young lad continued to sweep around the table that Megan and her friends sat at?unfortunately his eyes were firmly fixed on the three beauties and not his sweeping!

The broom handle nudged the side of the bag almost knocking it off of the chair. Neil lurched forward violently as though he?d been in a head on collision with another car, his head forced forward causing his chin to hit his chest hard.

The bag settled and Neil slumped back into it feeling lucky that he hadn?t hurt himself bad; he cursed the young lad and his own inadequate size. His neck a little sore he ventured up to the opening again, the lad had moved on but he could still see the family that sat just a couple of tables away.

Bracing his feet firmly against the sides of the bag he began waving at the family in the hope that one of them might spot him.

His arms were growing tired and his ears sore from the constant amplified sound around him?he was close to giving up when he noticed that the toddler now free from her chair and wondering around locked eyes with him. He began thrashing violently and gesturing for the child to approach.

At last the toddler took the bait and began heading his way?she couldn?t have been more than 3 years old and as she got nearer, Neil wondered whether or not he?d made the right decision in getting her attention. She stopped close?her face almost within touching distance.

?Hello little girl? He said nervously.

She tilted her head and giggled a little.

?Go tell Mummy and Daddy about the little man in the bag.?

She shook her head and bought her hand to her mouth, placing a dummy in it. Then to Neil?s horror her chubby little hand reached out to grab him.

He knew this was a bad idea as she?d have no concept of his fragile state and he?d probably end up crushed in her little hands.

Quickly he dropped out of sight just as her hand closed around where he?d been?he was lucky, her little finger nearly snared his head, just brushing his hair.

Neil looked up in horror as the podgy little fingers fought against the zipper to get at him. The zipper opened enough to allow her hand in, Neil scrambled for the bottom of the bag as her fingers began searching enthusiastically for him.

The youngster withdrew her hand and Neil cowered deeper as her eye appeared at the small gap. He froze as she let out an excitable giggle as her eye found him; there was nowhere to go, and nowhere to hide. He screamed as the zipper opened wider and her face came into view?a face of innocence, the chubby rosy-cheeked face of a toddler still sucking her dummy?but to Neil she was a rampaging giant, someone he couldn?t control and someone he now deeply feared.

She giggled a little again as her hand reached in for him?slowly, deliberately like the spider edging down toward its prey stuck in its web.

Her hand opens and all Neil sees now is her Smooth soft little palm with five reaching fingers about to wrap around his entire chest!

His only thought now was of self-preservation, he kicked and punched harder than he thought he could at her hand. It worked! Her hand retreated and balled into a fist, her other fingers appeared over the zipper and leaned the bag over. Neil rolled over and the purse slid down landing hard on his legs. He could see her face now beyond her fingers; she looked more determined than ever. Again her hand reached in for him only this time with more confidence, her fingers spread and before he could begin to fight her fingers reached under him and quickly clasped around his chest pinning one arm to his side and leaving the other one uncomfortably above his head.

He leaned his head forward and tired to bite her hand, but his jaws didn?t even command the power to break such soft delicate skin!

?Oooommmmffffff.? He tried screaming as his breath was forcibly crushed out of him.

She slid him toward the bags opening, already his face crimson and his arm bent unnaturally above his head?he thought this was it, time up?was he to die in the clutches of this mere child?

?LYNN?you stop that right now!?

Neil was close to unconsciousness as this powerful voice started the toddler causing her grip to whither.

?Take your hand from that ladies bag now.?

Her hand retreated quickly leaving Neil behind, he fell awkwardly as the bag dropped back to its hanging position and both the brush and purse fell upon him.

The chair moved as Megan turned around.

?What?s going on?? She enquired as the woman grabbed the toddler by her arm.

?O? I?m ever so sorry but it appears my little Lynn here took a liking to something in your bag?I am sorry.?

Megan smiled nervously ?O? err that?s ok?no harm done.?

She quickly lifted her bag and noticed the zipper all the way open, looking in she was relieved to see Neil still there??he doe?s look funny under there? she thought to her self as she zipped it back up nice and tight.

Neil lay they?re half unconscious as he listened to the woman?s voice grow distant as she shouted at her husband for not being able to watch the kids properly.

Tired and sore he fell asleep, not even waking when Megan opened the bag a couple of times.

* * * *

Neil awoke; he sat up quickly and found both his head and chest sore, not to mention his arm! Slowly he pulled the cover from him and surveyed the unfamiliar surroundings he found himself in.

There was boy band posters all over the walls, a door on the wall opposite that he knew from his house that was the walk in closet. The other door on the left of him led to the hall. It was coming back to him now?the horror of shrinking again and Megan finding him?the near death experience in the hands of that toddler!

He stood unsteadily on the bed; everything seemed enormous?no it didn?t seem?it was!

Even being careful with his walking he tumbled over a couple of times as it was hard going with his feet sinking so far into the soft quilt.

Gingerly he approached the edge of the bed?It was a long way down?too far for him to jump; the reality of his helplessness hit home as he moved away from the edge, he couldn?t even climb down from a bed!

Suddenly he heard footsteps heading down the hall. Quickly realising his nakedness he ran (well stumbled really) over to where he?d been laying and quickly fashioned a toga of some sorts using the small blanket?pink blanket that had covered him.

He just managed to knot it at the waist as the door opened, he gasped as Megan strolled in, dressed only in a t shirt that just about hung just low enough to cover her knickers. She didn?t even look his was as she walked over to her dressing table still drying her hair with a towel.

Neil felt himself shiver?he wasn?t cold?he was nervous; he wasn?t frightened of her?no, far from it he was angry. Clearing his throat he called out to her, in a stern meaningful manner?something to get her attention.

It didn?t, she just sat there combing her hair as she looked into the mirror. Clearing his throat for a second time he shouted again?this time the veins in his head began pulsating as he flushed red, he shouted louder than he thought he ever could, he?d tried so hard it made him light headed?but still there was no reaction, but it didn?t help that she now had the hairdryer blowing.

It was pointless shouting anymore so he just sat back near where he?d awoken and waited for her to finish.

Megan at last finished drying her hair, she then stood up and walked over to the bed, her eyes spotted Neil sitting up and she began grinning like a Cheshire cat!

Neil?s heart pounded as she stood, he?d had plenty of time to prepare just what he was going to say to her?but now as she neared him he really was lost for words.

Megan stopped at the side of the bed, her head tilted down with her hair cascading down around her pretty face. She smiled down at Neil as she tucked her hair behind her ears.

?Take me home.? Neil?s voice rasped.

I slight snigger passed her lips and she bought her hand up over her mouth.

?Megan Spencer you take me home this instant.? Neil shouted up at her again, his neck already hurting from hanging his head so far back.

?Sorry little Neil but I can?t hear you.? She whispered.

Her voice?even a whisper fell about him like some surround sound theatre. It was useless calling to her any more so he gestured with his arms for her to get nearer.

Megan smiled and knelt down.

As she knelt Neil actually found this a little unnerving, and was glad that he was stood upon the bed.

Neil backed up as Megan sat on her heels and leaned over placing her head in her hands as her elbows sunk deep into the quilt.

?Now you were saying??

He winced slightly as she spoke, her sweet breath blowing over him like a warm ocean breeze.

Clearing his throat and trying to sound forceful he began.

?Megan would you take me home now?Tracy will be worried.?

She just smiled at him.

Then in the distance Neil heard her mum shout up that tea was ready.

?OK MUM?JUST COMING.? She shouted.

Neil fell to his knees holding his head as her voice battered his tiny ears.

She got up and grabbed her bathrobe from the door and headed out the room closing the door behind her.

Laying face down now on the quilt he could hear ringing?a long deep ringing that seemed to be building from within his head, louder and louder it became until he could stand it no longer and screamed in pain. His ears popped and the pain rescinded?until the next time.

Neil rolled over onto his back and wiped the tears from his cheeks?why was she treating him this way? But then thinking about it he realised that she hadn?t been mean to him?well not intentionally anyway, she wasn?t to know about his delicate hearing. True she had trapped him in her bag?but then she did try asking Tracy but she just told her to go. After all he did awaken on the softness of her bed tucked up and cared for.

He got to his knees just as the door opened, she had returned with a plate of cookies and a mug of tea.

Placing the plate on the bedside table along with the mug of tea she turned her attention once more to Neil.

?Are you hungry??

Neil looked up into her pretty eyes and nodded.

Reaching over she picked up a cookie and broke it half. She held it carefully between her thumb and finger and lowered it to him. Reaching up her took the piece of cookie from her, noticing for the first time that her long nails were painted the same glitter blue as her toe nails were.

?Got it?? She said down to him.

He nodded?she let go?he fell on his arse?she giggled.

Neil sat up with this half a chocolate chip cookie sitting between his legs. He tried breaking a little off but it was hard.

Megan watched him with amusement as she devoured her own cookies.

Neil gave up?it was too heavy and too hard for him to break any off.

?Megan could you break a little off for me.? He called up at her.

?I think I heard you that time, mind I don?t want crumbs on my bed.?

She lowered the plate down and placed the cookie on it, she then told Neil to hop on.

A little nervous he stepped up on to the cold plate, drawing his bare foot back at first at it met the cold china, which bought a little chuckle from above.

?You best kneel down.?

Neil did and soon he was travelling up higher until she eventually placed the plate on the bedside table.

Using just her thumb and finger she displayed great strength in crushing the cookie into tiny manageable pieces.

Sucking the crumbs from her thumb and finger she sat down on the bed and paid full attention to Neil as he ate his full.

?Thirsty?? she enquired.

Again he nodded.

?Wait here?what am I saying where are you gonna go! Ha ha.?

Megan got up and left the room; returning with a cap of off a deodorant spray or some other aerosol filled with water. Carefully she placed it on the plate.

Neil looked up at her as she sat back down. Kneeling down he cupped his hand in it and took mouthful after mouthful of the cold clear water. Already he felt better, true it wasn?t exactly the most nourishing meal he?d ever had but he was full and at last his thirst was quenched.

He stood and faced Megan whom still wore a silly smile.

?Ok Megan thank you?now would you take me home please.?

Megan just continued to smile and shook her head.

?Look Megan, you have to take me home.?

?To late!? She replied.

?To late? What?s that supposed to mean? You take me home this instant.? Neil sounded a little agitated. He took deep breaths?he needed to remain calm?and in control.

?Look I?m dressed for bed?I can?t go out like this!?

Neil was becoming more and more annoyed with her. ?Well then take me to your Dad, then he could take me home.?

Megan shook her head, ?no can?t do that?Dad?s not in.?

?Christ?your Mum then?? Neil?s voice was becoming weaker and weaker as to make him self heard he had to shout at the top of his voice.

?Nope can?t do that either?sorry.? She said calmly.

?Now listen here Megan Spencer, if you don?t take me home this instant?I?ll?I?ll?I?ll tell your Mum.?

?Really? Ok then go ahead?go on?tell Mum, see if I care?tell tale.? Megan replied with a cocky smile.

Neil looked about?how could he tell her Mum?he couldn?t even get down from the cabinet?

?Would you like a hand down?? Megan enquired.

Neil nodded.

Megan bought her hand up and laid it flat down next to Neil with her palm facing up.

?Ok hope on the express elevator going down.? She giggled at her remark.

Neil looked at her huge hand laying next the him?he wanted down but?

?Come on then hurry up.?

Neil walked over and lifted his leg, placing his right foot carefully onto her palm, it felt nice, the warm soft feel of her skin beneath his feet was kinda?well he couldn?t quite think of the words.

Megan smiled as he stepped up onto her palm, earlier she?d lifted him carefully from the bag but it was the first time she?d actually felt his little movements against her skin?it made her feel all warm and fuzzy?

?You?d best sit down?wouldn?t want you to fall.?

Neil guessed she was right and quickly sat crossed legged on her palm as she began to lift him carefully. Neil flinched slightly as her fingers began to curl up around him.

?Calm down silly, I don?t want to drop you.?

Soon her hand hovered just above the ground and Neil quickly jumped off. She sat back up and watched with fascination as Neil stood between her feet.

As his feet sunk into the carpet he suddenly realised his monumental error?this was the last place he wanted to be, down here he could no longer communicate with her and felt smaller than ever as he found him self staring at her ankle which was just below his eyes level.

He stood there for a moment before she startled him.

?Well go on shortie?go tell Mum.?

Neil looked up at her as she looked over the bed and down at him.

?I?m going.? He called up at her.

He looked out into the vastness of her room?the door a good?Christ a long way away, to him anyway?he felt beaten before he even started?how was he going to open the door?

He took a couple of steps forward before stopping and turning around to look up at her. She smiled down at him?knowing he had nowhere to go.

?You know I?m going to have you arrested for kidnapping.? He called up at her.

She just shrugged her shoulders and pointed to her ears.

Neil turned away and continued his long walk toward the door, all the while thinking about how he could open it?or would he need to, could he just slide under it? His hope picked up?maybe there was a chance.

Megan was growing tired of watching him trudge toward the door; she knew he had nowhere to go?he must have known too.

Megan had just decided that enough was enough when to her surprise her bedroom door opened and in walked her mother.

Neil stopped in his tracks as Jane casually walked into the room. An attractive woman in her late 30?s and tall, she stood 5ft 11? in her stocking feet and to Neil she looked larger than life.

Her feet came at him like charging Rhino?s; he had nowhere to go?so little time to move. Her right foot landed just past him, but he wasn?t so lucky as her left foot followed, her toe hit him in full flight right in his midsection, sending him hurtling through the air before landing awkwardly right in her path again.

?Mum what you doing in here? Megan called as she jumped to her feet.

?O? sorry, just thought I?d collect your plate and mug while I was up here.?

?O? right, hang on then.?

Jane stopped in her tracks?lucky she did or Neil would have ended up flat beneath her right foot.

He rolled over onto his front and tried to get up, her toes twitched in their black nylon casing mere feet from him. Neil fought back the pain in his stomach?he had to get her attention?

Slowly he got to his feet, hunching over and holding his stomach he began staggering toward Jane?s feet.

Seconds later he knew not what hit him, but he fell down face first as something cold slapped hard against his back. He felt the carpet flatten as his body pressed flat into it. He managed only in turning his head slightly to intake air into his deflated lungs.

Megan was up on her feet in a flash with the mug and plate in her hand, quickly she moved over to her Mum and in one step she knocked Neil flat with her foot and then lightly held it over him.

?Thank you dear?now don?t be too late.?

?Mum?I?m not a child?I?m nearly seventeen.?

?I know but you?ll always be my baby.?

Jane smiled as she turned and headed out the room closing the door behind her.

Megan quickly lifted her foot off of Neil and stood watching with fascination as he gingerly got to his feet.

?I?m sorry?but I didn?t want Mum to step on you!? Megan said down to him

Neil laid still for a moment, his pain rescinding and his anger growing, ?how dare she do that to me!? he thought to himself?the more he thought about it the angrier he got. He wasn?t some rodent she could just push around?he was a man?a grown man?her elder!

?You ok?? Megan called a little too loudly as she squatted down to pet him.

Neil winced; her powerful whining voice was really starting to grate on him.

Getting to his feet he turned to see her knee one side of him and her slipper encased foot the other, as he looked up her pretty face was looking down at him with a worried expression.

?O? good your alright?I thought for a minute I?d ?well I?m glad your ok!?

Neil had fire in his eyes, ?Ok?ok, you call this ok?what are you stupid! Look at me I?m a living action figure?Christ you dumb stupid child haven?t you got anything in that pretty head of you?res? Duh! Let me think for a moment?no! It?s empty, with a sign saying vacant?well Tracy always says how stupid you are?guess she?s right.?

Megan?s smile quickly evaporated, she was upset?being this close she?d heard every hurtful word?she didn?t want to hear any more! In a flash she was standing?towering over Neil like a tall building.

Neil gulped as he looked up at her tear filled eyes looking down at him?he?d made one all mighty mistake?he?d upset Megan?a teenage girl? to him a giant teenage girl!

Megan fought back the tears as she looked down at him?she felt distain for him and in a moment of temper she wanted to hurt him for the nasty things he?d said. Without another thought she lifted her right foot high and stamped it to the ground?actually hurting her foot she stamped so hard.

She then turned out the light and went to bed.