- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alright guys! Shit is going to get real, and it's going to get interesting and hopefully badass!

We will introduce TomSpeedy as a character in the story in the chapter after the next. Or maybe it has to be a little later since I will have to do a chapter about Ricky and Christine, and a chapter with Drake and Jessica. But, if any of you would like to be included as characters into this story, just let me know! Also, let me know what kind of role you would like to play. Do you want to be a bad guy, or good guy? DO you want to be a tiny, or be the dominant giant? I am all ears for you guys.

The next morning Drake was woken by the motion of Jessica stirring in her bed. Turning over on his own bed/pillow, he saw Jessica sit up and then look over at him with her amazing morning hair. He was used to seeing his sister Kaylee with morning hair, but that usually looked like she had just got done touching a Van de Graaf generator. Jessica’s however, her hair was free flowing and cascading down to her shoulders like a lion’s mane. Jessica looked over at Drake with one eye shut, the other heavily squinted with a half-cocked smile as she had one hand reached behind her head scratching before she spoke.

“Did you sleep well squirt?”

“Oh yeah, I think when I get big again I am going to get me a giant pillow for a bed. Best sleep I ever had.”

Drake actually wasn’t being sarcastic, despite the fact that Jessica’s mother kept him up most of the night, that pillow gave him the good sleep he needed to recover. His pillows weren’t even that soft.

Smiling, Jessica just shook her head before replying.

“You know, if you end up getting big again the first new place you better be trying to sleep in is my bed.” Jessica said while fetching Drake a flirtatious look.

“You won’t have to ask me twice in that regard. Not to change the subject, when will I be able to get big again?”

“Ah.. Yes that’s a good question. First, we will need Kaylee and Ricky here.”

“Right.. There’s more right?”

“Yes. Secondly, we will have to have some help. Luckily I know a few people that can be of use. Very open-minded people as well so they won’t at all be surprised at you when they see you, nor will they inform anyone outside of our circle.”

“Wait, help? Help for what? What could be so hard about getting me back to the labs and resizing me and Ricky?”

“Well. The thing I never mentioned to you was that only the higher up scientists work the labs on weekends. All other personnel are strictly forbidden to even go through the front gate. So we will have to break in and that’s only half the problem. They have constant security patrols that watch over the scientist to make sure nothing gets in, or out. They don’t want any secrets escaping the company.”

“Wait, wouldn’t making the new device take a lot longer than just one day anyways? Couldn’t you just work on it during your week days? And do you mean to tell me that security will shoot on site?”

“To answer your first question, building a new device is no longer necessary. I searched through some of our old files, and it looks like we built a lot more than just two prototypes. Mr. Ashburge went missing when he tested the device we gave him, so they discontinued production and threw the rest into storage because they feared the worst. They kept the rest in case he ever returned and wanted to continue the project. To answer your second question, yes. They can and will shoot on sight and they are lethal. It is a privately owned company with its own private grounds so anything goes that they say goes.”

“Holy fuck. Jessica, if this means life or death for you and your friends, then I would just rather stay like this. I don’t want to put other’s in jeopardy for my sake.”

“Drake listen, what you’re going through, and what you have gone through, isn’t normal. Hell, it’s not even your fault that you ended up like this unless you count the fact that you getting curious about the device is your fault. But that’s human curiosity. That’s the greatest gift mankind has ever received. Besides, I know that company like the back of my hand and my team can handle it. These aren’t normal high-school kids Drake. They are all at the top, and have promises of full time jobs based off of experience alone in their skill sets. We are going to restore you two and then move on with our lives.”

“Jessica, I don’t know what to say. I mean… You’ve already done so much for me just by keeping me safe. I don’t even know how I could ever repay you.”

“Oh don’t you worry. I have a few ways.” Jessica said with a wink.

“When do we get started?”

“Tonight. I’ll invite the group over fairly early to get you all introduced. Don’t worry, they all know of the situation. All you have to do is smile, look pretty, and get to know them.”

“Sounds easy enough.”

“I would hope so, I mean you should be able to handle a few nerds right? You do have Kaylee after all.”

“Yeah that’s true. I just have one request.”

“What’s that?”

“Do not let Kaylee go. She HAS to stay either here, or home.”

“Deal. Now speaking of Kaylee, I need to give her a call and see when she can come over with Ricky.” 

Dialing Kaylee’s number, it rang five times before a scratchy, sleepy voice answered.

“Hello? Kaylee? Yes! It’s me Jessica. Awe, did I wake you? Oh! I am so sorry! Okay good. The reason I called was to ask you when you can bring Ricky over for today? Anytime is good with me, but I just wanted to make sure Ricky is going to be available. Oh.. Ohh!!!! Oh gosh, I see. Well, just… Ya know… Bring him when they’re done then.. Yeah it’s fine! No!! I am sorry to wake you, now you just get back to sleep and we’ll talk later alright? Alright. Bye bye.”

Setting down the phone, she let out a soft sigh with a slight smile.

“What is it?” Drake asked.

“Oh nothing. It’s just that your mother has to return Ricky back to Kaylee when she’s done ‘talking’ with him. Meanwhile, I can’t believe I called Kaylee at 8:30 in the morning. I am a girl and I know every ounce of sleep is precious to us. Oh well, I’ll just have to make it up to her by making her some food for when she comes over. So I guess meanwhile, we just wait.”

“Just wait?”

“Well.. Yeah, but we do have the room to ourselves, so I know you aren’t an aspiring scientist like me Drake, but could you give me a hypothesis on what’s going to happen next?”

Drake just smiled and shook his head while watching Jessica approach him with a predatory look.

“Oh I have a few ideas.”

Chapter End Notes:

Lol TWO CLIFFHANGERS IN ONE CHAPTER.

We got the anticipation of the long awaited Christine and Ricky chapter, and then we have another Jessica and Drake chapter.

Then we have to raid the Ashburge's company. So fun stuff :P