- Text Size +

 

        “You're not alone.” Grey knew this voice. It was quiet. Muffled Distant. And for some reason... familiar. But from where? Where did he know this voice?

 

        “Who… who are you?” He tried to ask.

 

        “Grey. Wake up. The time is fast approaching.”

 

        “Time for what? I don’t under...”

 

        “Wake Up!”

 

 

 

 

        Grey opened his eyes. The morning light assaulted his eyes as they tried to adjust to the commitment it took to get up in the morning. Slowly forcing his body upright Grey looked around to find himself still in the jar. He didn’t know what he expected. His back was sore, but compared to everything that previously happened he didn’t care. A smell filled the air, one that made Grey’s mouth salivate.

 

        “Good, you're finally up. If I hadn't noticed you breathing I would have sworn that you were dead.” A feminine voice said from behind.

 

        Grey turned around to see Jule sitting at the table watching him. She appeared to be eating something, which seemed almost like hot cakes, but larger than he could have imagined.

 

        “Yeah well if you had the night’s I’ve had recently you would still be sleeping too.” Grey said rubbing the back of his head, smiling a weak groggy smile, his dark sandy blonde hair was a mess, dirty from the days of travel and the tussle it was in from his sleep.

 

        Jule looked at him oddly as she continued to eat. Grey stared at her confused for a moment before realizing the oddity of his action. He a human, was happily smiling up at a giant, his captor no less. Grey couldn’t help but blush from embarrassment before quickly finding his composure. He looked around his prison, trying to avoid making eye contact with Jule. He saw that the grape she had given him last night had been removed, his traveling cloak still remained in the jar though. He walked over and picked it up, throwing it over his shoulder, it still smelled of honey and Jule’s mouth; but so did the rest of his clothes, so what difference did it make.

 

        What’s wrong with me? Grey thought still hung up on the smile he gave her. The worst part was that it was sincere, not forced. She was a giant. One that as far as he knew still fully intended on making a meal out of him. Just because he had a pleasant chat with her the previous night didn’t change that. He had to remember the only reason he even started talking to her was to keep himself from dying, and he had succeeded. Partially. He was still alive, but with no plan to escape, and a brand new glass jar adding to the obstacles he had acquainted himself with.

 

        “Luckily for you I just ate.” Jule said in her playful tone. Breaking Grey from his train of thought. “Also luckily for you I’m still waiting on my friends, so if you're hungry you better eat now. I mean all you ate last night was part of a grape. I’m sure you're still hungry”

 

        Grey faced Jule who was now sitting with her hands behind her head. She watched the jar in anticipation of Grey’s response.

 

        “Yeah sure.” Grey managed to say. He thought the amount of grape he had eaten a fairly decent amount of the grape last night. But his exhaustion did prevent him from eating more, he would admit.

 

        Grey watched as Jule stood from the table and walked over to the counter. At Grey’s height it was as if a mountain had just stood up and began to walk. He couldn’t even begin to guess how much she weighed; which he knew from experience with women was not a wise thing to ask. He took notice as how her hips swayed slightly with each heavy step. It was with the elegance and ease as any normal person. He took a moment to appreciate the strength she must possess, that all giants must possess in order to move the way they did. He thought about the moments the she had held him, and just how easily she could have crushed him between her fingers. Grey’s eyes went to Jule as she searched in her pantry. Admiring her from afar. All his life he thought giants were blood thirsty destructive creatures. Then last night he realized this was not necessarily the case. This giant did not act the way he expected of her, and the conversation he had showed that she was not the only giant like this. They were so similar to humans, they lived lives like humans, they had feelings and thought like humans, they were as intelligent as humans, probably even more so. Yet the sheer power and size they had made them a dominant species. And they knew that, despite all the human like qualities they possessed, it was clear they saw human as only one thing, and that was food. They must realize on some level that humans share so much in common with them, but that didn’t change their instinct. They were higher on the food chain, and they took full advantage of that. Humans were just another type of creature on the menu to them. Jule had seemed genuinely kind and warm to him, her interest in him being the only reason he was still alive, but he didn’t know how long he could keep her interest, and he wasn’t sure what would become of him if that interest was lost. He didn’t know how long he could manage their little game, and then it dawned him. Soon she wouldn’t be the only giant he would be dealing with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

        Sitting crossed legged on the bottom of the jar, Grey finished the last piece of apple that Jule had gotten for him. She had also gotten him a tiny amount of water, to which he amused himself watching her try to find a way to give it to him, short of drowning him in the glass. For the most part he sat eating in silence. At first Jule had provoked him into a conversation which lead him to sharing some of his experience with hunting and living in the forest. She found this entertaining enough. The conversation didn’t last long, as Grey focused on his meal. Jule would look back from the table and check the front door every couple minutes. Small impatient quirks that one might expect when waiting for something. She eventually got up saying that she would be back shortly, as she went to what Grey could only assume was her room. Or the bathroom. It wasn’t important right now. Grey on the mean time found his mind exploring the possibilities of his next course of action. Exhaustion and fear had clouded his judgement last night. He knew escape was slim, and that most attempts would probably lead to death, but he had to be ready. Last night he had slept well despite the circumstances, and the meal now would help give him the energy he would need. His mind would have to be clear and his body would need to be ready to act in a moment’s notice if he was to have any hope in getting away from this place.

        The sound of a door creaking open broke Grey’s silence. He quickly turning his attention to the front door, he sat waiting in anticipation to see what would be coming through that door. This was it. Grey could see streams of sunlight fall into the room as it opened. A strong desire for freedom overtook him as he saw the open door frame, but he kept it in check. He knew he would make it out and be free once more. But the back of his mind told him a different story. Only in death, Grey. Only in death.

 

        Grey turned his attention as two giants entered through the door. It didn’t take long for Grey to notice they both had something very in common. They were both women. Despite spending last night talking with Jule, This still came as a surprise Grey. He still wasn’t fully used to the idea of a female giant, but he wasn’t caught too off guard by this revelation. She mentioned that they were friends, and it would make sense that a female giant would most likely have female friends. This could potentially work to Grey’s advantage. Maybe female giants were less blood hungry then male giants. Maybe they were more gullible. Maybe he was just stereotyping. In either case he would find out soon enough.

 

        The first thing Grey noticed about the first giant that came through the door was that she was very large. Even for a giant he could tell she was not only taller than Jule, but she was also thicker than her too. Not to the point of where she appeared over weight, but it was apparent she carried a lot more meat on her bones compared to Jule’s more petite figure. Her hair was long enough that it came down to her shoulders and was copper red in color. She wore simple leather skinned clothing, at his distance Grey could barely make out that she had green eyes. Next to her was a shorter giant; at least in comparison. She was a lot smaller in comparison and soft black hair much shorter in length than Jule’s. While she was slimmer than Jule it was apparent that her body was much shapelier. Snapping a glance at the larger giant next to her he could tell that both of them were. But the larger one definitely was the victor in that department. He took a moment to admire their figures. Both of them had fine curves, well-proportioned yet large and supple breasts, and their hips… No. He couldn’t allow himself get distracted by such things, especially not now. There was too much at stake for such distractions.

 

        “Hey, Jule were here!” The larger giant called out from the doorway. The shorter giant simply walked past her into the house.

 

        “I’ll be right out, make yourselves at home!” Jules voices carried from one of the rooms.

 

        Grey carefully observed them as they entered. The shorter giant’s eyes wandered across the house as the larger giant shut the door behind them. It wasn’t long before the shorter giant's eyes locked onto him. Grey for the first time could see that they were grey in color. Her expression seemed curious; at first, but then something else. Something unpleasant, something that made him nervous under her gaze.

 

        “Kass, look at this.” She said.

 

        The larger giant, which Grey could now discern was named Kass turned her head. The second the jar came into the giants view her eyes lit up and a smile spread across her face. She quickly made her way over to the table. The speed at which she approached startled him, but he held his ground and didn’t let his discomfort show. The shorter giant moved forward slowly after her friend. Her eyes remained cold as she watched him. Grey hoped that this was just a facade, a face she put on in front of humans similar to what Jule had acted last night. But a gut feeling told him that it was much more sincere. He took note to be careful around this one.

 

        As Grey focused on her he was caught off guard as he felt his jar being lifted into the air, causing him to lose balance and land firmly on his backside. Losing any semblance of control of the situation Grey looked around, and found two giant hands holding the jar from either side, as the face of the giantess named “Kass” peered through the glass in front of him. Her face taking up his entire field of view.

 

        “Jule caught a human!” She shouted out in excitement. Her face suddenly shifted into a puzzled expression. “But she didn’t mention anything about going to the human lands recently?” Her eyes refocused on Grey becoming excited once more. “Do you think she has more? Think she would mind if I help myself to this one?” Things were already going poorly.

 

        “Just wait. That’s Jule’s human. You should get for permission before shoving someone else’s human in your face.” The other giant said.

 

        Kass gave a very apparent disappointed look before nodding her head in agreement. “Your right. Sorry, Marissa.”

 

        “What are you apologizing to me for? It’s not mine.” The other giant said crossed her arms.

 

        Grey looked up at them. The little conversation they had so far did not bode well for him. But this was to be expected. They were giants after all, and to them he wasn’t different from any other human. He would have to prove them that he was otherwise. Grey stood up and balanced himself.

 

        “Why hello there.” Grey said, putting as much enthusiasm into his voice as he could muster.

 

        Kass jumped a bit at his sudden speech, almost causing her to drop the jar. Grey barely kept himself from falling once more as braced himself on the glass wall next to him.

 

        “It just talked to us.” Marissa said. The words coming out as a surprise.

 

        Kass who had just been surprised now found herself very intrigued. She pressed her face up to the glass again. This time Grey was prepared for it and met her with a smile.

 

        “You talked!” Kass exclaimed.

 

        “Why of course humans can speak you know. Much like yourselves.”

 

        “I haven’t seen a human that's been willing to talk for a long time.”

 

        “Don’t humor it.” Marissa interjected. Grey felt her eyes on him. He could see the look of annoyance on her face as her friend’s interest in him grew.

 

        “Aww, come on Marissa. What’s the harm in a little bit of talk. Besides it’s not every day a human will choose to speak to us.” Marissa only gave her disapproving glare. “So human?” Kass said turning her attention back to Grey. “Does Jule have anymore of you hidden away?”

 

        Grey was not expecting that particular question. “No, I’m afraid I’m the only human here. But trust me when I say I am more than enough.” Grey said after a moment's hesitation.

 

        Kass gave him a disappointed look obviously ignoring the later part of his statement. This threw Grey off. “Do you think Jule would mind if I had you?”

 

        Grey paled. After everything that was happening that was the thing that remained on her mind. Grey looked between her and Marissa. They were both very different than Jule and between the two of them he knew he was in trouble. He had to find some way to use them. Marissa didn’t care for him, that was clear, and it was obvious that Kass’s only interest in him was something he didn’t want to entertain. What was that saying about a rock and a hard place he had always heard about?

 

        Kass’s eyes continued to look intently at him. It was unnerving to say the least. He had to answer her, the answer was obvious. He had to tell her no. But for how long could he manage that he wondered.

 

        “Hey, sorry I took so long.” Jule voice spoke up as she entered the room. Both Marissa and Kass had their backs to her as she entered room. As Kass turned Jule’s eyes caught Grey’s jar in her hands. Only one reason crossed her mind on why Kass would be holding it. She smiled. “Well, I see you guys have already met.” Jule walked over to Kass. Her friend turned her body to face her and Jule held out her hands, an obvious sign for Kass to hand over the jar. She hesitated for a moment, almost as if oblivious to what Jule wanted from her, but once the realization hit her, she quickly handed it over letting out a small innocent chuckle, like a kid caught in the middle of stealing a cookie. Except this cookie just so happened to be alive. Jule looked into to see that Grey was still there and unharmed. He seemed oddly calm, to which Jule found curious. She walked over to the table in her living area, it was larger than the one in the kitchen, and had multiple chairs instead of just the one the kitchen had. Jule pulled herself a seat and sat down. “So, I see that you two have met Grey.”

 

        Marissa was the second to find a seat, with Kass soon following. “You named it?” She said as she sat at the table.

 

        “Not necessarily. He came with the name.” Jule answered, a hint of coyness in her voice.

 

        “Hey, Jule.” Kass interjected. “You didn’t tell us you went to human lands. Did you already eat all the others?”

 

        Jule shook her head modestly. “Oh no, I didn’t make a trip.” She held her finger to the glass, lazily pointing at the human within. “He came to me.”

 

        Marissa cocked her eyebrow at the statement. “Did he now?” Her gaze fell upon him, but Grey made the best decision he could and decided to avoid it.

 

        “Oh yeah. He calls himself Grey. ‘Grey the Troublemaker’ apparently.” Jule looked down into the glass. Her eyes met his. Jule tipped the mouth of the jar towards table. She watched as Grey first lost his balance before quickly regaining it as he slid out of the jar onto the table, landing on his feet in an almost eloquent fashion. “Well Grey, I want you to meet my friends. Kassandra, and Marissa. You’ll be entertaining us today.”