- Text Size +

When she woke this time she felt a lot better. The headache was gone and her head was much clearer. She rolled to the edge of the bed and walked down the steps to the floor. Her foot still hurt but the pain had lessened and she was able to walk with a slight limp. This made navigating the stairs tougher than before but still manageable. She looked at the table and saw a small slice of bread with some chocolate chips and a few slices of banana and a note that said, 

 

Eat up. Big day today - 

M :)

 

She grabbed a bottle of water and sat at the table to enjoy her meal.

It was at this time when she realized she had no idea what time it was. It felt like early morning to her but she didn’t know it that was only because she had just woken up. She didn’t even know how many days she had been held captive. She didn’t have any family that would miss her but she did have some friends at work who would at least wonder where she was. 

Had they already noticed and were they looking for her now? 

Did she even still have her job at this point or had they terminated her? Not that it would matter if she did have it, she couldn’t imagine being able to do much at this size. She pictured herself on her desk struggling with all her might to move a mouse that dwarfed her and having to jump on each letter to type. 

She would have found it amusing if it wasn’t actually her reality now.

Before long she heard the increasingly familiar sound of Melanie’s footsteps approaching and decided to try and make things easier on herself by meeting her outside. 

She thought that maybe if she saw she was still hurt she’d take pity on her and give her a pass this time on the punishment.

It was a slim chance but it was worth a shot. 

She opened the door and limped out, overacting a bit so she’d look more pitiful. 

Melanie barely even looked down and without a word just scooped her up in her hand and carried her off into another room. 

As she walked she closed her hand around her and let it drop to her side, showing no particular interest in her tiny passenger until they arrived at their destination.

She wasn’t positive because the light was off before and she was more worried about other things but this one looked like the room from her first night when she was reduced to her current size. 

She got nervous, worrying that she was going to be shrunk some more. How much smaller could he get? Would she have to be kept in a tiny jay so she wouldn’t get lost?

But this fear subsided when Melanie dropped her on a table and she didn’t see any syringes near her.

The table was mostly empty actually except for some tape and a desk fan. She began to worry what this mean when Melanie took a set in front of her and for the first time began to speak, 

“I thought about this one a lot” she said that condescending once again, “and I think you need to be truly understand how small you are”. 

Rebecca started to say she did but was shushed and Melanie continued, 

“I know you said you do but I need to make sure you really do. You don’t understand how dangerous the world is for someone your size. You’re lucky I’m taking care of you. Some people wouldn’t even notice you and could step on you without even feeling it. I don’t want to keep doing this but like I said it’s for your own good”.

Rebecca couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Did she seriously think she was helping her? She tried very hard to keep her mouth shut but when she head Melanie say, 

“Some people might even take advantage of you”

she couldn’t do it and yelled up,

“What are you talking about? Yeah the world’s dangerous for someone my size, you’re the one who made me this size! And take advantage of me? What do you call this?”

Melanie looked down at her with an irritated look and said, 

“See? This is what I mean. Do you really think you should be talking to someone as big as me like that? Even after you tried to shrink me I still forgave you and let you live in that beautiful house. And this is the thanks I get? Here, let me give you quick demonstration of how powerless you are again”.

She reached down and with her pinky tapped Rebecca in the stomach relatively gently which sent her stumbling back where she tripped over the roll of tape on the desk.

“See? I barely even used any strength in my smallest finger and you went flying back. Now think of what I could do with my biggest? Or…” she made a fist and slammed it down hard next to the tiny woman, sending vibrations through her whole body and temporarily making her ears ring from the loud noise “…my fist”.

“But enough of this, let’s get started” she laid Rebecca flat on the table with her arms over her head and tore off several pieces of tape. One went on her ankles, one on her stomach, and the last one on her arms. She was then lifted and stuck to one of the blades of the fan.

When Melanie let go Rebecca panicked as she could tell right away that this wasn’t enough tape but Melanie apparently knew this already because she had picked up the roll and was tearing more off.

“Don’t worry little one. This isn’t the first time I’ve done this. I know how much to use” Melanie assured her as she placed strip after strip of tape over her body, each one making her bond stronger. When she was done only Rebecca’s face was uncovered and Melanie encouraged her to struggle as much as she could, she wanted to test the hold.

Rebecca did as she asked and to her horror found she couldn’t move at all. 

“I hope for your sake you really tried, because if you’re lying and this doesn’t hold… Well, let’s just say you’ll get to see what it feels like to be Superman for about two seconds before you smash into a wall”.

Rebecca was getting more nervous by the second and Melanie was doing everything to prolong the experience.

She reached slowly toward the power button, taking as long as humanly possible before finally pushing it. 

Nothing happened.

“Silly me!” Melanie slapped her forehead in mock ignorance, “I need to plug it in”

She plugged it into the power strip and again slowly reached out for the button.

Again, nothing.

“Duh!” she laughed, “I need to turn the power strip on”.

Rebecca could only watch in terror as this played out. Melanie ducked under the table for a moment and came back holding the cord for the power strip. She looked around with a confused look on her face and said, 

“Oh crap! Now I can’t find an extension cord to reach the wall”

She pretended to search the desk which had nothing but the fan and power strip on it then said, 

“You know what? I think you’ve learned you lesson. How about I just unstick you and we call it a day? You’ve learned your lesson, right?”

Rebecca nodded as much as she was able and Melanie reached out to remove the tape but stopped just as she reached her and said, 

“I’m so stupid! This fan doesn't even have a plug, it runs on batteries!” She held the other end of the cord she had plugged into the power strip up in front of Rebecca and she saw that it was just a loose cord and said, “and I remember changing them this morning” as she pressed the button for  the medium setting.

For the first second or two, Rebecca could see the world in front of her spinning faster and faster but soon after all she could see was a blur. She closed her eyes to try to keep from getting dizzy but that was a lost cause.

The g-force made all the blood shift to the back of her head and several times she felt she would pass out, she hoped she would actually so she could stop feeling this. 

Her stomach was swirling impossibly fast and she quickly lost the contents of her stomach. She was worried that it would blow back in her face but apparently she was going too fast for even that and she couldn’t tell where it went, only that she didn’t feel it on her face.

Melanie later told her that this went on for 30 minutes although to her it could have been eternity, she had lost all her senses long before she was stopped.

As the fan slowed down Melanie looked at the poor little thing stuck to one of the blades. She leaned in closely to make sure she was still breathing but she was sure she was, she had perfected this method by now, but she was smaller than the others so she did have some doubts.

When she saw her tiny chest rising and falling she breathed a sigh of relief and with a surgical scalpel carefully cut her down then soaked her in a bowl of oil to loosen the tape. She removed as much as she could and figured Rebecca could do the rest when she woke up. For now she sat there and stared down at her tiny prize.