- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This one is a bit different. I had only meant to do a time jump with a brief flashback but it kind of ran away from me.

Over the next several months Rebecca learned to accept her new life as the shrunken pet of a mentally unstable woman. 

It wasn’t easy at first and she found herself spending plenty more nights at the bottom of the aquarium, or in one of the other places Melanie had set up to put her when she “misbehaved” (meaning she didn’t give in immediately). She mostly alternated between the aquarium and the freezer though because she knew those were the ones Rebecca hated most.

But in between the punishments there were some moments were Melanie was almost pleasant. She found that under different circumstances the two may have been friends.

Sometime around the middle of the second month Melanie woke Becca up in the middle of the night to happily announce that she had finally regained her lost two inches and could go back to work.

Melanie having a job was news to Rebecca, she hadn’t even left the house once in the time she had been there, she had always just assumed she was an agoraphobe. 

She did wonder how she managed to pay for all the groceries, takeout, and various packages she would order online. She never said no to a request for something and it would be delivered in a day every time, sometimes even within hours. 

Rebecca noticed it was the same guy making the deliveries every time and for a while thought she could find a way to get him to notice her and help but Melanie always made sure to lock her up tight when she got the text that he was on his way. 

And he always texted, she kept hoping that one day he’d forget and she could use the element of surprise to sneak out and get his attention but after a few weeks she realized that wasn’t happening and added this escape plan to the list in her head she was building that she hoped to use successfully someday.

Rebecca found herself genuinely curious about what she did for a living and Melanie told her that she didn’t want to insult her but it was very complicated stuff. Rebecca said to try her so she indulged:

Melanie owned a large pharmaceutical company that she inherited from her parents when they died. She was only 10 at the time but her parents had been eccentric and very powerful people so she was allowed and encouraged to take the company over that age. 

This also meant she was given free range of the place and access to the minds of some of the greatest chemists in the world. 

Being a smart girl already, she used this opportunity to excel and by the time she was 16 she was the most respected woman in the industry. Experts would come to her for her opinion, she was teaching advanced chemistry classes at 17.

Rebecca wondered if any of this was BS but having seen what she had these last months it seemed pretty likely to be real.

This was also the obvious explanation for how she came across the shrinking serum so she asked her.

Melanie seemed hesitant to answer but shrugged her shoulders and told her that yes, that was where she had gotten it but she wasn’t the one who created it.

There were two researchers in her lab, a husband and wife team named Ben and Violet Nelson. Their talent was only surpassed by their greed and ambition. 

Melanie had sought them out for their expertise and after some tough negotiation was able to hire them under the condition they get their own lab with no oversight, final say on what is done with their work, and an unlimited budget. Melanie agreed on the condition that her company would retain the patents which they reluctantly agreed to.

For a while things went great.

They quickly developed treatments for many forms of cancer that seemed like science fiction. Never an outright cure but they made it possible for people to live with some of the worst forms of it for to live well past the time typically expected. The only problem was that the Nelsons insisted that it not be made public and only kept available to a select elite few. 

Melanie didn’t like this but agreed hoping that someday they’d change their minds but in the meantimes the profits from their treatments were astronomical.

The company had made more money than she could spend in 100 lifetimes. Although she couldn’t reveal the best stuff they did allow her to publicly release some minor medications that were still revolution if not the most useful for society.

One of those was the chemical Rebecca had been dosed with to increase her attraction and lower her resistance only it wasn’t as potent and didn’t control people’s minds, it was just an aphrodisiac, Melanie added her own touch for the other stuff. 

She also learned that the chemical was a gas that came from a valve hidden in one of the vents in the dollhouse. 

She was warned that if she ever tampered with it she’d dose her daily for a month. That was enough for Rebecca to cross it off her to do list. Although the gas made her feel great and made the sex with Melanie much more bearable, the hangover was misery and seemed to get worse each time. She’d need as much as a day to recover after each dose. 

Eventually she got so sick of it that she said she’d do anything Melanie wanted willingly as long as she stopped making her take the drug.

Melanie agreed and although she didn’t get as much pleasure as she had previously she did eventually manage to find a way to enjoy it somewhat.

 

The Nelsons discovered the shrinking serum by accident. Violet was trying to come up with a youth formula to keep herself looking young forever. She was 39 and although still gorgeous was showing her age in some areas. Ben, being the guy he was agreed that she could stand to lose a few years and agreed to help her. 

They worked on it for the better part of a year during which time no new discoveries came from their lab. 

Around December of that year Melanie was getting frustrated with this and went to check in on them. She same in just as Ben was injecting Violet with the first test batch. 

Animal testing had showed that it would remove the equivalent of ten years from a human’s age and this thrilled them both.

However they had made a miscalculation and when Violet was injected she immediately began to shrink, leaving her at around a foot tall.

Bot Melanie and Ben stood there with their mouths open. Violet covered herself with her panties and began screaming at both of them to hurry up and fix her.

Ben looked at Melanie, then down at Violet and told Melanie to leave for a while and come back in about a day.

As she left she could hear Violet shouting at her to come back but she ignored it and kept going. When she closed the door she could her high pitched screams but she blocked them out and left. She had wanted to help but she was intimidated by Dr. Nelson and was afraid he would hurt her or worse if she didn’t do as he said.

 

When she came back the next day she noticed two things. 

First, Violet was nowhere to be seen and second, there was a young college age girl in a lab coat sitting where she usually was.

Ben saw her and greeted her warmly.

“Ah, Melanie. Nice to see you. Have you met Jessica, my intern for the holidays while Violet is on vacation?” he gave her a look that said she had better play along or else so she smiled and shook the girl’s hand.

When Jessica left the room to get something Ben took her aside and said, 

“Thanks for covering for me. There was an accident last night and Violet…” he lowered his head, “Violet’s dead”.

He opened the top drawer of his desk and pulled out the badly bruised and broken body of his former wife.

“I need you to help me” he pleaded, “We need to get rid of that”, he pointed at the body and continued, “but I can’t do it. Can you fill one of the cleaning tanks with (she said a chemical name Rebecca couldn’t understand) and use it to dissolve the body?”

Melanie tried to reason with him but he insisted and was growing increasingly agitated. Also, she could have sworn he was holding a needle behind his back.

She agreed but said that when this was done she’d like him to pack up and leave. She no longer wanted to work with him. 

He seemed mad but just nodded as she picked up the body, using a newspaper to do so as she felt it would be wrong to just pick her up naked.

Melanie didn’t go into any detail about how she disposed of Violet and Rebecca didn’t want to know. She just told her that the next day when she came into the lab she saw Ben packing up and getting ready to leave.

She heard a faint cry coming from one of his boxes and when he wasn’t looking she peeked in and saw the girl from before, Jessica, shrunken even smaller and huddled in with a bunch of desk supplies.

When the girl saw Melanie she looked up and begged her to help. She nodded her head and put her finger to her lips to keep her quiet then re-closed the box. 

While Ben was distracted she found what she recognized as the shrinking serum on a desk and filled a syringe quickly then quietly walked up behind him and stuck it in his neck and squeezed the plunger.

She watched as he dwindled until he was around six inches. She expected him to be scared and cower or maybe beg for his life but instead he was livid. He yelled and threatened her like she had never heard, demanding she work on an antidote immediately.

Even though he was no longer a threat to her she was still intimidated by him a little and she picked up a large beaker to scoop him up into.

She then went over and too Jessica out to see what she had done.

Both girls were delighted to see that Ben was about four inches shorter than her, making Jessica seem to be nine feet tall.

Her first action was to punch him straight in the nose, sending him flying back and landing in a heap on the floor. She rushed over to him and yelled in his face about this being what he deserved. 

When he didn’t reply in any way she leaned in closer and Melanie saw her take his tiny wrist in her hand then let it drop.

“Oh no”, she cried, “I-I killed him. I just wanted to see him squirm until you made us both big again”.

When Melanie told her she didn’t know how to do that yet the small girl fell to her knees sobbing.
Melanie knelt down next to her to comfort her and promised she would help her. She just needed to be patient and give her her word that she would keep this all a secret when she was big.

Jessica agreed and Melanie went about disposing of the other body and unpacking everything so she could use their notes to find an antidote for this.

While Melanie spend her time at the lab, Jessica lived at her place.

For most of the next year Melanie had no success in creating an antidote until one day she successfully managed reduce and enlarge a cow.

She rushed home to tell Jessica the good news only to find the small woman lying on her bed wearing a set of doll sized lingerie she had bought her as a joke a while back.

She bent over the bed and asked what she was doing and the doll woman replied, “this” as she leaned forward and began stroking her breasts.

She pulled back at first but when Jessica crawled closer to her she found the sight irresistible. 

Until this point in her life, sex had never really interested her. She just never had time for it but now here she was being seduced by a 10 inch woman and it was the greatest thing she had ever experienced.

They made love all night and Jessica fell asleep in between her breasts.

In the morning Melanie was planning on telling her about the breakthrough but she found that she had fallen in love with Jessica and was worried she would leave her if she was big again so she held off, telling herself she’d just wait a week or two then give her the choice.

That week turned into a month, then two months, finally stretching into four months.

During this time the two grew closer than ever but Jessica would constantly ask how she was doing and how she couldn’t wait to be big again.

Melanie never got the nerve to let her know, instead she created a weaker version of the shrink formula that she passed off as the cure. When she injected Jessica and she shrunk to five inches instantly the poor girl was devastated. 

Melanie tried to comfort her but all she would do for days was mope around and talk about ways she was going to kill herself.

Finally Melanie had enough and came clean. She told all about the antidote and that she was in love with her and afraid she would leave.

Jessica couldn’t believe what she was hearing and demanded she be restored NOW!

Melanie got the antidote from the hiding place and after injecting her left the room.

A short time later a now normal size Jessica came to see her.

She sat down and took her hand in hers. She said she had also fallen in love with her but she couldn’t be with someone she couldn’t trust. 

She said she would keep her promise and never tell anyone about what had happened but if she ever saw Melanie again she would tell the world everything.

With tears in her eyes Melanie stood up and went to hug her but was pushed back. As the door slammed she fell to her knees and began sobbing, vowing that she’d make sure the next one loved her.