- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

So I lied and this won't be the last chapter. I'm not sure how many more I have in me but as long as I can come up with stuff I'll keep going.

With slightly more effort than she remembered she pushed the door open and stepped into her apartment. While she was relieved to be home it was much bigger than she remembered and everything looked off. She walked over to a pair of boots that used to come up just below her knees and saw that they now came up to her stomach. 

Looking at her feet next to her now oversized old flip flops she saw that she could just barely fit both feet into one. 

She spent some time comparing herself to her old shoes, clothes, and other things she owned before climbing up onto a kitchen table chair where she saw a phone on top of a sheet of paper with a note from Melanie:

 

Becca, 

Welcome home. I’m listed under Mel on the phone I’ve left for you. Call me when you’ve found your replacement and I’ll make arrangements to pick you up and bring you both here. 

Before you start your search I need to let you know some of the rules:

  1.  Only women in their mid-20s. 
  2.  Try to find one who doesn’t have many friends or family. I know this might be hard to figure out so it’s not super important but please try. But no homeless people. I want someone with a relatively stable life that they’ll miss.
  3.  This probably goes without saying but they have to be attractive. 
  4.  I’d prefer if they were as tall as you were or taller. I like seeing tall women brought down. But since everyone is tall to you I won’t blame you if you can’t get one. :)
  5.  I know this is tempting, but I no repeats. Don’t go looking for Tina so you can shrink her and bring her back to me. I want someone new. I might send you suggestions if I see anyone I like but you’re free to make your own choice in the end.

Other than that feel free to use whatever means at your disposal. 

And one more thing, I’d suggest you get some mace or a stun gun for protection. The world is a much more dangerous place for a woman as small as you.

 

Hope to see you soon,

Mel

XOXOXO

 

Rebecca crumpled the note in frustration and tossed it in the trash, or rather in the direction of the trash as she no longer had the reach to get it in like she used to. Annoyed, she jumped down and picked it up to throw away.

She hadn’t even thought about picking Tina but it was a moot point anyway. That would have been nice but she couldn’t really blame her for what she did. The thought of being this small for the rest of her life frightened her, but she didn’t know if she was scared enough to subject another woman to this.

One thing was for sure though, she did agree with Melanie’s advice on getting some kind of protection. Considering even children were taller and likely stronger than her she didn't want to get caught by a larger adult with bad intentions.

She was starting to feel tired so grabbed the phone and her bag and brought them with her into the bedroom where she got undressed and climbed (literally) into bed. She thought about looking for some pajamas to wear but decided against it and slept nude.

 

She was woken by a beep on her phone indicating she had a new text. It was from Melanie, 

 

Mel: Sorry for the early text, I saw this one jogging by my house this morning. Looks good

 

There was a picture attached of a very attractive, fit woman. Looking at the clock and seeing it was only 6AM Rebecca put the phone back down and went back to sleep after turning the sound down.

 

She woke again at noon and after lying there for a while climbed down and sleep-shuffled toward the bathroom where she relieved herself and climbed into the shower. 

The dials were luckily still within reach but she had no hope of reaching the shower head so she had to stand in an awkward position so she could get hit with the water.

Despite this it felt good to take a mostly normal shower. 

When she was done she got out, noticing that she needed to take a bigger step than she was used to to get out and wrapped a towel around herself. One benefit she found at her size was that even a normal towel was more than enough to cover her.

When she got into her bedroom she opened the bag and dumped the contents on the floor. 

As she expected it was mostly children’s clothes but there were a few things that at least weren’t super bright and covered in animals or cartoon characters so she chose a black skirt and white sweater. There was also a package of underwear that she opened and took one out.

It was a bit loose on her but still comfortable.

The skirt went down to her shins but was manageable and the sweater was slightly bigger than she needed but after cutting one of her old belts in half and making some new holes in it she had a passable outfit.

Her only complaint was that she didn’t have any bras that would fit her. She hoped she’d be able to find something when she went out later but for now she was hungry.

Finding literally nothing in her apartment to eat she realized she’d need to venture out for the first time since getting home. 

She wasn’t looking forward to being surround by giants but it was that or starve so she reluctantly slipped on the small but still a bit loose sneakers Melanie had left her and headed out but not before jumping up and grabbing the phone from the table and putting it in her purse.

The ride down to the ground floor was uneventful and when she got out she was happy to see no one around.

She debated calling an Uber but decided she would just walk to the store. It was a nice day out and she figured she should get used to being this small. Before she began she remembered what Melanie said about giving her some funds while she adjusted and opened her wallet to find an ATM card. 

She went to the website on the back of the card and after a few minutes had an account set up to check her balance. 

She didn’t know what to expect so when she saw she had $10,000 she was pretty happy at first until she realized that mean the last year of her life was basically worth nothing.

Pushing that thought aside she began her walk.

As she expected she was taking a lot longer than usual to get there with her legs half as long as they used to be.

When she was a block away she saw her first group of giants. 

There were three young men standing against a wall smoking. She considered crossing the street but didn’t want to draw even more attention when she would have to cross back over right away so she kept her head down and walked by.

They didn’t say anything at first until she passed the second one who whispered to the others, 

“holy shit, that’s not a kid. It’s a really short chick”

She heard more murmuring followed by, 

“no way! And she’s pretty hot too” and she decided to pick up the pace but as she was almost out of the third one’s reach she felt his hand on her shoulder and was turned to face him.

She wasn’t sure if he had meant to forcefully turn her or if it was just a combination of his larger size and her being caught off guard but she suddenly felt very nervous and was seriously considering Melanie’s suggestion to get some protection.

“Hey” the shortest of the group said to her while leaning over with his hands on his knees. Even doing this he was still a good foot taller than she was. 

“h-hey” she weakly replied.

“You’re not a kid, are you?” one of the other kids asked. 

“n-no. I’m not” she just wanted to get this over with.

“Wow, you’re tiny! How are you?”

“24” she answered.

“Cool”, the shorter kid said, “and how tall are you?”

This took her by surprise as she didn’t yet know the answer but she figured these kids wouldn’t try to confirm it she guessed and said she was 4’1. 

“Nah, I don’t so” the kid who had been quiet all this time joined in, “my little sister is only four feet even and I know she’s taller than you. Maybe you’re that tall in heels” and the three laughed at this, “I’d say you’re somewhere in the high threes”.

She smiled nervously and said, 

“Yeah. I like to count my shoes when I measure myself. Can you blame me?” she tried making light of the situation which seemed to work and the kids laughed with her at this joke.

It was at this point that she realized the neck of her sweater was wide open and anyone looking down at her, which was just about everyone, could see everything. She turned to walk away and said bye to the kids when the short one said, 

“Wait!” 

He didn’t touch her though which she was relieved about so she turned back to him, having adjusted her sweater so that it was open in the back instead of the front now.

“We haven’t seen you around before. Are you new here?”

“Yeah. Sort of” she answered, “I used to live here before but that”, she paused, “that was a lifetime ago. I’m sorry, I really do have to go” she excused herself and to her relief they all said bye and let her go on her way.

She waited until she far enough away then ducked behind a car where they couldn’t see her and fell to her knees crying.