- Text Size +

As soon as Melanie left, Rebecca began scanning the room for anything she could use to help herself escape. She crawled over to the edge of the bed to the night stand and only saw a book. She considered jumping down and looking for something else but although she knew she could make the jump at her size she didn’t know how easily she’d be able to get back up on the bed or how quickly, plus she didn’t know how long her captor would be gone.

She lifted the book and found that although it was heavy and nearly half her size she could lift it and if she got a running start she could swing it hard enough that she hoped it would at least stun a giant person. 

She found it disconcerting that she was already starting to think about normal size people as giants, she hoped it wouldn’t be for long. There was clearly an antidote, she just needed to find it. She dragged the book over to where Melanie put her down and tucked it under the pillow then laid back down and waited for her to return.

It was another half hour before she heard footsteps approaching and she cursed herself for not taking the chance to explore, she would have had time to find something better than what she had, but she had no way of knowing so she’d have to make do with it.

Melanie came back holding a small syringe filled with a clear liquid. This was the first time she had seen the shrinking serum and she was surprised to see how innocent it looked. She had expected it to be some glowing green goo or something equally creepy looking but it just looked like water.

“Ok, little one. Are you ready to get into your new house? I bet you can’t wait to go for a dip in your pool, huh?” Melanie looked genuinely happy to be doing this, which only made her even harder for Rebecca to figure out. She saw how cruel she could be when crossed but here she was acting like they were good friends and this was the most normal thing in the world to her.

She wondered if she had mental issues, but as she saw the needle, looking much larger to her now that it was closer to her miniature arm, she no longer cared and just wanted to make her attempt before she was too small to do anything.

She quickly reached under the pillow, lifted the book with all her might, and slammed it up right into Melanie’s chin.

This took her by surprise and caused her to bite her tongue.

“AHH! FUCK!” she shouted and stumbled back, dropping the syringe right at Rebecca’s feet.

Without hesitation, she picked it up, jabbed the needle into Melanie’s arm, and pressed down on the stopper, making sure to get it all in her. 

In her haste, she moved the needle too much and made a deeper wound than a needle should but she didn’t care, she had taken a chance and it was paying off. This was it! She’d wait until Melanie got small enough to subdue, tie her up with a sock or whatever she could find lying around, then get to a phone and call for help. This nightmare was going to be over soon. All she had to do was…

“YOU BITCH!” she heard from above her as a fist smashed down right next to her. If her eyes hadn’t been full of tears from biting her tongue she likely wouldn’t have missed but since she did Rebecca took the chance to run for the edge of the bed and jump off then hide until the shrinking finished.

Without looking back she ran over to the edge and jumped… then stopped in mid-air, suspended upside down as something held her foot. 

“Oh no!” she thought, already knowing what she was going to see but looking up anyway to see Melanie leaning over, her face twisted into intense rage with her hand around her ankle. She was squeezing so hard she feared it might break but luckily it didn’t. 

Melanie raised the shrunken to her face and glared at her before saying, 

“You’re in deep shit now. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to jump to extreme punishment so soon but it seems…” 

she suddenly hunched over holding her stomach and moaning in pain. She still had Rebecca’s leg, but the grip had loosened and she had lowered her into her lap. 

At this proximity to her stomach she could hear loud gurgling noises. 

She was also noticing the size of the lap she was sitting on was starting to decrease. 

This was it, she thought, the shrinking was staring. Once she got small enough she would do what she had to in order to get away from this crazy woman.

But to her dismay the shrinking stopped after only several seconds leaving her several inches shorter but still significantly bigger than Rebecca and more than a match.

With the physical advantage no longer an option she hoped that the pain would make her pass out but again her luck seemed to have turned and Melanie was already recovering from her bout of shrinking.

She was lifted to the giant face once again, the grip only slightly weaker but not by enough to matter. She could see the straps of Melanie’s dress were about to fall down any second but that didn’t matter anymore. She had failed in her escape attempt and all she could do now was wait for the inevitable.

 

She waited for the threats to come but they never did. Instead Melanie shifted her grip from Rebecca’s leg to holding her whole body and got up to leave the room. 

When she did her dress fell to floor, causing her to sigh in frustration and give Rebecca a squeeze that crushed the air out of her. 

Melanie headed down the hallway and went into a room with a keypad lock and fingerprint scanner. After she had unlocked it she placed Rebecca down on a table and looking down at her said, 

“Ok. I need to deal with,” she gestured toward her slightly shrunken body “this so I’m going to leave you alone again. Now, you’re already in a lot of trouble and as much as hate to do this so early in the relationship, if you so much as move an inch from this spot I’m going to tear your arms and legs off after I shrink you again. Do you understand me?”.

Rebecca saw the anger in her eyes and knew she wasn’t bluffing. She swallowed hard and answered, 

“yes” in a small, frightened voice which seemed to make Melanie go back to her cheerful persona again when she said, 

“Aw, don’t be like that. You know I have to punish you for this but afterward we can still be friends. Trust me, you're going to love it here”, then she left the room, turned off the light, and locked the door leaving Rebecca alone and unable to see her surroundings. 

Not that it would have mattered if she could see, she wasn’t going to try that again.