- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is it. The final chapter. 

There's going to be an epilogue where the much anticipated revenge will take place coming soon. I have most of it planned out.

 

Anyway, thank you to everyone who read this.

If this pops up as new, don't get too excited. All I did was change a small detail about the ending that I didn't like. I think I'm close to starting the next one though. 

 

 

 

 

 

As Sarah waited for Rebecca to wake up she started to wonder if maybe she needed to get her to a hospital. She did knock her out and for all she knew given her a concussion or something. 

Whatever Rebecca was planning to do with that stuff in the syringe, she knew that if she left her to suffer brain damage or worse she’d have much more to worry about.

Just as she was about to get up and call 911 she saw Rebecca stir and raise her hand to her while moaning.

“Ugh, what happened?” she asked groggily.

 Despite her new suspicions Sarah found herself relieved that she was waking up. She was really hoping this was just some kind of crazy misunderstanding and they could both have a good laugh when it was over. For now though she needed to see to the immediate situation.

“Take it easy”, she comforted her while kneeling in front of the couch to help her sit up, 

“You took a pretty big blow”, she blushed then added, 

“Sorry about that by the way. I sort of lost control. You were great, by the way” she decided to keep things friendly until she was sure of what was happening.

Rebecca sat quietly for a moment and waited, hopefully, for her vision to clear. When it did she felt a sense of relief and replied, 

“That’s ok”, then with a satisfied smile, “I’d do it again. It was definitely worth it”.

She was about to say something else when Sarah moved aside and she saw the syringe and phone sitting on the table in front of her.

She thought quickly and came up with what she hoped would be a good excuse, 

“I see you found my insulin” she said trying to sound embarrassed, “I don’t like people to know I need it but I have to bring it with me when I’ll be staying somewhere overnight”, she thought of something else to distract from the situation and added, 

“I hope it wasn’t too forward of me to assume I’d be spending the night?” and gave Sarah a cute look that she was sure would make her forget everything.

She was surprised when Sarah answered, somewhat coldly, 

“Um, I don’t know if you think I’m stupid or something but I have three uncles and two grandmothers with type 2 diabetes and a cousin with type 1 so I know how insulin works. You don’t just keep it in one big syringe like that and you definitely don’t just throw it in a bag. You need to refrigerate that stuff. And even if I did believe you, that still doesn’t explain this”, she leaned over and opened the phone to the picture of the instructions Melanie had left and handed it to Rebecca then watched as she pretended to read it. 

To Rebecca’s benefit however, she didn’t need to fake being surprised about this being on her phone as she really didn’t know it was there but this wasn’t enough to convince Sarah that it was just a prank like she said.

Rebecca was speechless as she tried to come up with something believable but nothing would come. 

Finally Sarah spoke, 

“Just tell me the truth, what were you planning on doing with me? Are you part of a sex slave ring? Those looked an awful lot like instructions from someone looking for a woman to kidnap. Although that part about shrinking someone named Tina was just weird. Is that code for something?”

Rebecca just looked down at her feet which were dangling off the edge of the couch, something she hadn’t gotten used to yet and was beginning to fear she may have to learn to live with after all when Sarah got in her face and yelled, 

“ANSWER ME! WHAT IS THIS SHIT ABOUT?” as she picked up the syringe and held it dangerously close to Rebecca’s arm.

Rebecca instantly recoiled in terror and pleaded with her to put it down and not do this. 

She began sobbing and backed up into a corner of the couch with her knees up to her chest and her head tucked down.

When Sarah saw this she backed off but made sure to place the syringe high up where she knew Rebecca couldn’t reach it.

When she came back she sat next to the smaller woman and told her she wasn’t going to hurt her, the stuff was put away and she needed to tell her what was going on.

Rebecca looked up at Sarah through her tears and with a deep breath decided to tell her everything.

“Ok, you know that I’m short, right?” 

She didn’t wait for an answer to the obvious question she just asked,

“Well, I wasn’t always like this. I used to be taller. A lot taller, like closer to your height”

Sarah wasn’t sure what to think about this. The story sounded crazy but if it was a prank she was picking a messed up time to do it. She had to be delusional, that would explain it. And she really liked her too. She decided to listen to the story then politely ask Rebecca to leave and when she was gone never see her again.

Rebecca could tell Sarah wasn’t believing her but went on,

“Then one day I met this woman. Really short, like I am now. She needed my help which I foolishly gave only it turned out she was just trying to lure me into her place so she could get me alone and shrink me. Once I was her size, well I don’t really know because I passed out but when I awoke I was a captive in a strange house. She…”

Rebecca started sobbing again, 

“she shrunk me even more, to just under three inches and kept me as her pet for about a year”

Sarah kept listening are Rebecca went on, the detail of the story was truly impressive. She had to give her credit for her imagination, it was just too bad she wasn’t all there. 

When she was done telling her everything, including the part about the deal to get her size back, Sarah stood up and said, 

“Wow, that’s quiet a story. But, and I don’t mean to offend you, but I really don’t believe it”.

Rebecca didn’t look surprised, she seemed to be expecting this in fact when she said, 

“I know, it sounds crazy and believe me, if I wasn’t living it I wouldn’t believe it either but go check out my Facebook page and look at my pictures” 

she then gave Sarah her login information and waited while she got her laptop and logged in.

When she did she saw what looked like a normal profile for a woman in her mid 20s, the only problem was that in every picture Rebecca looked normal size.

“Impressive”, Sarah complimented her, “You have amazing photo editing skills”

She actually felt bad that Rebecca felt she needed to do this to feel ‘normal’. She looked down at the poor little woman and said,

“But you don’t have to do this. People should like you for who you are”.

She could see the look of pain on Rebecca’s face when she said this followed by her insistence that she didn’t edit these photos.

“I’m not lying! I swear!” Rebecca shouted. 

Sarah decided this had gone on long enough and told Rebecca it was time she leaves. 

“No, please! You have to help me. I don’t want to be this small forever!”

Sarah thought about this for a moment then replied, 

“Ok, let’s say this is all real. You’re telling me you’ve decided that you’re going to subject me to the same torture you went through? You’re going to shrink me to your size and then have this crazy woman, what’s her name again? Melanie? Come pick me up and shrink me even more so you can be normal size again? Is that what you’re saying? Because I have to say, I think I’d prefer the version of this where you’re just crazy and not someone who would make another person suffer for their own benefit”.

When she said it this way Rebecca realized just how awful she was being. No one deserved to have this done to them. Not even that girl at the store and especially not this kind girl who up until recently she had a connection with.

“I’m…I’m sorry. You’re right” Rebecca said quietly, “let me just get my stuff and I’ll get out of your life”.

Without a word Sarah went and gathered all Rebecca’s stuff, put it in her bag and handed it to her. She thought about keeping the syringe but since she didn’t believe her anyway so she tossed it in as well.

Rebecca took it and with a weak smile said goodbye and left the apartment.

 

The next week and a half went by fast for Rebecca. Her encounter with Sarah had made up her mind and she decided that regaining her original size wasn’t worth someone else’s life. Some days it was tougher than others to stick to this choice, especially with Melanie’s constant  messages reminding her of how much time she had left along with suggestions for her next victim. She never replied but she was starting to sense that Melanie knew she wasn’t going to do it when she started adding details about how these women were bad people and deserved it. Nothing she said every truly justified it though, it was all petty stuff like cutting her off in traffic or just being rude. 

On the last day she was doing her daily shopping, at her new size she found she couldn’t carry as much or even push a cart very well so she had taken to shopping daily now. She had settled into a fairly normal routine, she even had a job that paid pretty well. She did children’s birthday parties dressed as a fairy, and although the job was demeaning her tiny size made her quiet a novelty and she was in high demand. The money was very good, better than she had been making before and she was mostly ok with her fate. 

She was even started self defense courses that would help her feel more confident walking alone in the streets, or when some of the fathers at the birthday parties would realize she was a normally proportioned adult woman only much smaller than normal and try to hit on her. So far she had been able to get out of it but she always feared the day she wouldn’t. This class would help with that eventually but for now the mace she carried would do the job.

As she browsed the cereal aisle she sensed a bigger person (which would be everyone now) standing over her. She tried to keep her head down which gave her a view of the person’s feet. She could see that it was a woman and noticed that her feet were only half this person’s size. 

She ignored that and began to walk away when a familiar voice came from high above, 

“Becky? Is that you?”

“Oh no!” she thought to herself recognizing the voice immediately. She wanted to run but decided to just tough it out and deal with this.

She looked up and without concealing her contempt answered, 

“Yeah Tina, it’s me. What do you want?”

She could see a hint of remorse in Tina’s eyes but didn’t care. She just stared blankly as the mini woman turned giantess lowered herself so the two were closer to eye level with each other but Tina was still a head taller. 

“Wow! She left you a lot smaller than I was. You must have pissed her off”.

Rebecca couldn’t believe this woman had the nerve to not only talk to her like what she did was ok but to actually act like they were old friends. She said nothing as Tina went on, 

“So how long have you been out? I know you have, what, two weeks? How much time do you have left?”

“Today’s the last day” Rebecca murmured.

“What?! Did you say today’s the last day?!” Tina sounded genuinely concerned, “Then we have to hurry! Come on, I’ll help you find someone” and she took Rebecca’s hand in hers and tried to lead her away.

Rebecca resisted, unsuccessfully but gave enough resistance that Tina knew she was resisting so she stopped and asked what was wrong.

“Nothing’s wrong” Rebecca told her, “I’m not doing it. It’s not right to do this to someone else. I’m not that selfish” she saw the guilt in Tina’s eyes and went on, 

“I’ve accepted my life like this and I refuse to take part in that sick game. Unlike you I can think of the consequences of my actions”. 

She left out the part where she was chastised by Sarah but she still felt morally superior.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t have a choice”, Tina tried to justify herself, “You know what it’s like to be that small. It’s scary. I was scared of children, for crying out loud!” Tina was starting to raise her voice now.

“Yeah, I know all about it” Rebecca said, “Thanks to you!”

Tina started to say something else but Rebecca just put her hand up to stop her and said, 

“Face it. I’m a bigger person than you’ll ever be”.