- Text Size +

The bright light filled my view, as a deep tone pounded in the distance.

I floated forward... and could see the outline of a woman in the distance.

I continue moving towards this spectacle, with no effort on my part. Her face breaks through the foggy light, as I stop mere inches from her. She is beautiful, her dark skin glistens with the light of this place. Her eyes are closed and she places her finger over my lips.

"It's okay Alice." Her eyes open, and stare into mine with incredible intensity.

I summon the will to respond, but instead of a powerful command, I squeak out a pathetic, "Am I dead?"

Her lips curl into a friendly smile, as she runs her fingers through my hair, "Yes. Yes you are."

I sigh, "I figured, dreams are never this real."

That elicited a laugh from the gentle lady, "My name is Aurora, and I have been dead for a long time, but here I am thanks to the power contained in the sigils."

I look back into her eyes, "So what are you here to do, there has to be a reason for all this?" I gesture all around me to emphasis my point.

She waves her hand, and all three sigils appear above her hand, floating there. She holds her hands out to the side, pressing the pieces together until a blinding light is emitted, fusing them together.

She takes me by the waist and holds the new object near my neck as a golden necklace materializes. "This gem contains my power, I wore it all my life. Now, I'm giving it to you, the power to control others, to control their will, to control matter, immortality... they are all yours."

I turn to her, looking her in the eyes, "Aurora, I don't want to be a Goddess. I just want to be with Violet, and be happy."

She seems confused by my lack of excitement from this gift. "Why wouldn't you want to be all-powerful? Do you understand what this means?"

I sigh, "I do understand it, and I understand why you are shocked. For me, that kind of power is too much for any one person. I just want to be happy... Violet makes me happy."

Aurora looks a me again, pulling me into a hug, "You are worried for her?"

I break her hold spinning around to face her, "Of course I am, that fucking Richar made her into the worst war criminal in the history of her planet! She killed millions of people with her feet! Not to mention her ass! They aren't going to care that she was being controlled..." it was then that I realized what caused this whole mess.

I turn and face Aurora... anger flaring through my soul, "BY YOUR POWER!"

She holds her hands up as I get closer, "Now Alice, we can fix this, try to calm down."

I grit my teeth, "This entire thing has ruined my happy ending Aurora, your powers have fucked up my life after Violet fixed it the first time. I don't want any powers. I don't want to be a Goddess."

"All I want is to be with Violet."

Aurora looks down at the ground, clearly feeling guilty. She stays there for a few moments, contemplating her response, she looks back up and the look in her eyes tells me that she has no ill intent. "Alice, my power is already yours, you can do with it what you wish. This gem is nothing but an object, a representation of your power.

She hugs me and whispers, "The real power is in your soul. The fact that you don't desire power makes you perfect to hold it."

She waves her hand behind her, and Violet appears above us. She is sitting in a chair... somewhere.

Look, Violet is okay, the authorities checked the records from her suit and Richar kept some overconfident records. They know that she was a hostage... The people of Auru are a little more forgiving then the people of Earth, they see her as a vicitm, many people have tried to help Violet, she has been given the best care." Aurora then places her hand back on my shoulder.

"Alice, you are a selfless soul, and now you are free to enjoy life." she laughs again, "and maybe you can use your powers for some harmless fun." and a moment later she pushes me forward.

I begin flying again, but this time, I am in control, I pass through the foggy light, the air around me dims as I feel myself returning to my body.

I inhale deeply and hit my head on something hard. It is dark, and my arms are trapped.

They buried me. Of course they did.

-------

A short time later I am walking through the fields of Auru near the city of Furaka. I know it's Furaka because I remember the incredible architecture which impressed me the first time I visited.

Walking into the city, I certainly look strange, walking around in a burial gown. I find a directory and look for Violet Alliotti, she is listed as living in a nearby highrise, on the 230th floor.

I walk to the building with bated breath, eager to see Violet. Hoping that all is well.

The ride up the elevator has me watching the sunset over the nearby mountains. I look into the sky and find myself imagining Violet's legs dangling overhead.

Goddess... I am broken? Why would I want that?

Shaking that feeling, I emerge from the elevator, with my arms folded, her apartment door is ajar. I push open the door and enter a room that seems to be a normal living space. Nothing drastic or strange besides my armor hung on the wall beside her own armor. I step in and around the corner and stare into the eyes of a confused young woman.

She pushes her blue hair off of her face, standing up slowly.

"Alice?"

"Violet?"

Upon hearing my voice she practically jumps across the room, grappling me as tight as she can muster, as her tears begin to flow. She backs up slightly, looking into my eyes to check if it is really me.

"How is this possible... you died..." she sniffs, and wipes the tears with her sleeve, "I crushed you..."

I smile and pull her back in, "I'll explain later, but for now let's just say heaven sucked, so I came back to you."

She giggles and sweeps me off my feet, "I'm so glad you did." her devious eyes lock with mine as she kisses me deeply.