- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, here we go! This one is a little shorter, as I've been focusing on some plot ideas further down the road (yeah, I get distracted a bit). Enjoy!
********
Sara reached the bathroom door, her source of light. Even at her diminutive size, she still had to crouch slightly to slip under the wooden barrier. Halfway under the door, the carpet started in Krystal's room. Sara laid down and began to crawl, the carpet supporting her tiny body like a vast mattress. As she slipped through, she stood up and surveyed the room. Krystal was sitting on the edge of her bed, slipping on a pair of socks. "Ah hell, might as well," Sara thought to herself. She began to wave her little arms above her head, and hollered, "Over here! Help!"

After shouting herself hoarse, Sara huffed and dropped her arms to her sides. Krystal couldn't hear her, her eyes never looked up from her shoes, or the phone in her hand. Sara took off in a sprint, the carpet springing slightly under her feet. It was similar to running on sand, minus the tiny grains getting everywhere. Sara kept her eyes on Krystal, and began yelling and waving her arms as she was about halfway across the floor. She heard a voice behind her, "You still here, Krys?" Sara spun around, and lost her footing in the carpet. She tumbled down, and stayed down. Standing in the doorway was Jeanne, barefoot and in only her underwear. Sara shivered, and prayed that Jeanne hadn't seen her.

********

"I'm almost done, one second Jeanne." Krystal didn't look up from her phone.

"You keep being late, they're gonna fire your sorry ass," Jeanne scolded.

"Alright, I'm going! Geez, what made you so bossy today?" Krystal rolled her eyes and switched off her phone's screen. Her love for Starbucks had died a week after she got the job. Who knew people could be so rude? She stood up, grabbed her black sun visor from her dresser, and slipped it on around her ponytail. "There, happy?"

"Almost, now scoot." Jeanne slapped Krystal's butt as they both left the room.

********

Sara had burrowed herself into the carpet, trying to hide herself. Krystal and Jeanne bickered for a moment, before Krystal got up and headed for the door. Sara's muscles tensed as Krystal's shoe landed just feet away from her head, she was sure the carpet wouldn't be enough padding to survive that. Sara turned her head, and watched the giant sisters leave the room, Krystal pulling the door shut behind her. She waited for the footfalls to die down outside the door before standing back up. At least now she had time to get to a better vantage point without risk of being flattened under foot. Sara started walking over to the bed, eyeing the bed sheet hanging down to the floor.

The muffled sound of a door closing rumbled through the room, and Sara heard footfalls again. She began to pick up the pace, running for the drooping sheet. She had maybe 100 yards to go when she heard the door handle turn quickly, and the door flew open, sending a light breeze across the floor. Jeanne stood in the doorway again, this time with a sadistic grin on her face. Sara's froze in her tracks, scared to give away her position with moving.

"I know you're here little bug, I saw you just a moment ago." Jeanne's smiled widened with those words. Sara's blood turned to ice, she had been noticed earlier.

"You're not going to get away this time. Krystal won't be back for quite a while, so I have plenty of time to find you." Jeanne slowly walked into the room, her feet sinking into the carpet with each step. "Here's the deal, Sara. You come out now, and I make this painless for you. Make me have to come find you, and, well..." Jeanne licked her lips and giggled, "let's just say you don't me to find you."

Sara felt like her knees were about to buckle. Jeanne hadn't seen her yet, or she would've grabbed her by now. But Sara was out in the open, and if she moved, Jeanne would likely see her before she could make it under the bed. Sara watched Jeanne, hoping her head would turn away. But Jeanne stood just inside the door, staring intently at the floor, eyes darting in all direction, hoping to spot her prey.

"I'll give you one minute to come out. Otherwise, you'd better hope you can hide."

Sara's forehead and hands started to sweat. Her heart was pounding, shoving adrenaline through her veins. Jeanne was moving her eyes too fast, Sara was sure she'd be spotted if she ran. But what did Jeanne mean "painless"? Was she going to make her full size again? Was this still about the cheerleading? At this point, Sara didn't give a shit about that, Jeanne could have the spot, as long as she made Sara big again.

"Thirty seconds, runt."

"Fuck it," Sara thought. She wasn't going to leave her fate to some bitch like Jeanne.

"Fifteen seconds. I don't see you..."

"Sara slowly turned her body, and crouched into a running position.

"Ten. Nine. Eight..."

Sara took off, her tiny feet flying over the carpet.

"Seven. Six. Fi... oooooo. Is that you, little bug?" Jeanne spotted movement near the foot of the bed, and stepped closer, bending down to inspect.

Sara didn't stop, and didn't turn her head. She felt the ground shake as Jeanne stepped closer.

"It is you! C'mere you little bug!" Jeanne's hand shot out, her finger and thumb converting into a pincer. "Gotcha!"

Sara was just a few steps away from the bed sheets when she felt a blow to her back. She shrieked and threw her arms forward, landing face down in the carpet. Jeanne's fingers pulled back as she examined her catch, and Sara wasted no time in bolting back up and hiding behind the sheets.

Jeanne growled when she found her fingertips empty. "Okay, minute's up, Sara. Better hope I don't find you now, or you're gonna wish you had died in that boot under Krystal's foot."

Sara's mind was flooded with survival instincts. She jumped at the sheets, and began pulling herself up. Jeanne's hand returned, this time with all fingers extended. They brushed up against everything, probing for little Sara. Sara felt the sheet jerk upwards, and almost lost her grip. The sheet lifted and spread as Jeanne stretched it, removing the wrinkles and folds. Sara held on for dear life. She felt hot air wash over her, and knew it was over.

"There you are," Jeanne breathed over Sara. Her eyes glared at the tiny woman clinging to the sheets. She reached out her hand again, this time pinching Sara between her fingers.

Sara screamed as the monolithic digits pressed against her sides. The pressure of Jeanne's grip hurt like hell, and as she began to pull back, Sara slowly lost her grip on the sheets. She felt herself lifted up, before she was brought before a pair of piercing blue eyes. Sara struggled against the giant fingers, screaming her lungs out.

Jeanne's lips curved back into a dark smile as tiny screams fell on her eardrums. This was going to be a good night at home for her after all.

"Hello, Sara. Welcome to hell."
Chapter End Notes:
For those who have asked: no, this is not totally the end of unaware for this story. I have a few ideas for where poor little Sara is going, but I needed a bigger set of hands to do so. Expect some mixed settings in the future!