- Text Size +

 

In this chapter: Miranda investigates what appears to be a tiny playset to her, but with deadly consequences for the inhabitants. 

 

Day 1 – Miranda 1:10pm Room 3A 

Half of Miranda’s large computer desk was covered in what looked like a kid's toy set, there were tiny buildings and well-planned street grids everywhere, she could see green grass and tiny homes barely a centimeter in size. She thought it was very intricate, she could even make out tiny flashing lights along the streets as she softly giggled to herself.  “How fun!” she said.  She looked around and saw the tallest building, it was well crafted and had a lot of detail for its size, and it appeared to be about 3 inches tall to her.  She could see the city planning based on how the dense metropolitan area slowly dispersed out into suburban and factory areas, she saw an airport in the far corner and some nice green open areas in the city, “parks maybe?” she thought. 

She lowered her head below the desk to where only her eyes were peering out across the city, giving her more of a flat and level view.  She picked up her right hand and slowly lowered the tip of her index finger into one of the suburban areas, the spot she touched broke easily with a very feint crunch, the tiniest puff of grey smoke rose and dissipated quickly, she admired her pink nail polish as she picked her hand back up.  She unknowingly crushed a smaller neighborhood full of middle-class houses, there was nothing left apart from flattened earth and twisted concrete. The impression of her finger was still there after the tiny puff of smoke cleared.  “This is so weird” she said under the table.  "That broke too easily to be a toy, it can’t be plastic" she thought.  Miranda pulled herself up using the chair behind her and sat down, she pulled up the chair closer to the desk to get more comfortable.  Miranda’s bright blue t-shirt covered chest now took up the entire city's sky, the people had to bend their necks to see her young face. 

She turned on the built-in desk light and it shined over the entire area she wanted to investigate.  She looked down, the blinding light coming from above deterred most people from looking up as the screams got worse and people just started running.  She lowered her head even more to get a closer look, her hair swayed from behind her head and fell down in a swoop, a few hundred strands impacted the suburban area that was closest to the edge of the desk, her hair dragged across the streets and homes, decimating cars and people into bloody un-identifiable messes, the shrieks of terror were agonizing from the survivors, broken bones and crunched spines from the massive blunt force from such a light and feathery substance. 

Her sky-colored eyes came into focus for the people as the gigantic girl lowered the brightness on the desk lamp.  Miranda’s gaze moved towards the metropolitan area, she reared her head up slightly and reached out her thumb and index finger.  She placed her perfectly painted pink nails on either side of one of the taller skyscrapers of the city knocking over a smaller building in the process that collapsed onto the people saturated streets below.  “Oops, hehe” she laughed a little when she saw more grey puffs appear.  She lifted and it broke in half, she raised the half of the building she had in her grasp closer to her eyes, she saw the tiniest debris falling from the bottom of the building, but she couldn’t quite make out the specks falling towards her thighs below.  She peered even closer, and the building started to creak, and large chunks started to break off, instead of letting it fall she quickly pinched her fingers together and rubbed, reducing the building to vapor, she then flicked the remnants on her finger outward in an attempt to get the dust off of her skin.  "This doesn’t make any sense" she thought, her eyes wincing in confusion.

Once again, she looked closer at the suburban area, she saw what looked like different colored moving dots, and her eyes got closer and closer until they focused on the tiny winding streets below.  She saw thousands of dots and miniscule specks barely moving around, the noises she heard earlier made more sense now and they seemed to get louder.  Her large pink lips rested next to the edge of the desk a few hundred yards from the nearest homes, it clicked in her head.  "This can’t be real, right?" she thought.  Her lips parted slightly, and she blew out a focused stream of cool air masked by her strawberry scented breath from the gum she had earlier.  She saw the tiny homes lift and break apart simultaneously, trees were uprooted and hurled through the air, she saw the dots fly in the air and fall back down on the streets, the larger specks that looked like different colors and seemed to damage homes when they fell back down, a few of the larger ones disappeared when they landed in a microburst of orange and red like tiny explosions.  “Oh no, this can’t be happening! What is this, I can’t even right now?” she said, her face grew with much concern and grimace.

She backed away from the desk and rushed over to her bedroom door and locked it.  "Nobody needs to know about this right now" she thought.  "Tiny fucking people!?" her inner voice shouted, she couldn’t even process what was happening logically. Miranda paced back and forth in her room slowly while looking at the city every few seconds, her heart was pounding, and she felt on the verge of an anxiety attack.  Miranda was on the brink of tears when she overheard the front door open which snapped her out of it.  “Oh fuck, should I go out there? Why is this happening now?”  her thoughts going wild.  She grabbed her key from off the floor and obliviously gave the city a grand view of her ass in her small black athletic shorts, she exited her room locking it behind her, when she turned around, she saw the fourth roommate walking through the front doorway carrying a few bags.

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Day 1 – Ashton City – 1:33pm - 20 minutes after first contact – unknown bedroom

A few blocks of downtown were buried in rubble and other debris, the emergency crews tried their best to find people in the wreckage, but almost nobody could be recovered. The people on the streets could not fathom what happened, some thought it was a punishment from the heavens, and other simply accepted that their situation was fucked.  The lower half of the skyscraper that remained after the girl’s massive fingers tore it asunder was the mark of devastation that the people needed to realize that this was happening, this was no dream, no prank.  Some type of cosmic anomaly transported this city to a young college girl’s desk.  Those in the upper half were smashed into nothingness, the people would argue if the lucky ones that fell out of the bottom had the better fate as they free fell onto the girl’s tan thighs just to be faceless red spots so small that she would never notice. 

The suburbs were in much worse condition, the indentation of her fingertip seemed like a canyon to the survivors of this nightmare, the people that were around it couldn’t see anything but flattened cars, pieces of homes, and hints of bloody gouges in the ground that were once people.  The section which she blew at ripped the land in half creating a path of devastation hundreds of feet long.  Hundreds of people flew thousands of feet back towards the city and fell to their deaths, the fortunate ones had their necks snapped from the sheer force the instant she blew outward.  The people who survived being swept by her hair were found mangled and broken, others just obliterated upon contact into a pulp as a seemingly endless light blonde wall rolled over them and their families.  The hospitals were completely filled, and triage was a bloody mess.  Emergency vehicles were trying their best to navigate the new terrain and save the disfigured and bruised citizens. 

Emergency helicopters were high enough to see most of the bedroom now and the exact scale to how massive it was and how small they were in comparison, a few pilots and many of the citizens didn’t take their eyes off the giantess, everyone heard another door open, but it was a lot quieter than before.  They witnessed the young girl bend over showing her titanic rear, that thing could flatten half of the city in an instant.  Some guys thought it was the view of their life and considered it a blessing, it was so impossibly huge, and the plump curves of her perfectly tan cheeks showed through the short shorts.  She stood back up to her goddess-like full height, even at miles away people still had to look up as she seemed too big to comprehend, she quickly exited the room, and everyone heard her door lock.  The people felt a little safer for now.

Day 1 – Major Matheson – 1:45pm - 32 minutes after first contact.   – Unknown bedroom. 

Major Matheson was in charge of the local National Guard division, he wanted a slower-paced job as he was getting older, and he never thought his division would get called into action.  Never in his life would he be prepared for the events that took place earlier.  The base he was stationed at was located a few miles away from the airport on the opposite side of the desk edge where most of the devastation occurred.  He listened to the radio chatter of panicked helicopter pilots and ambulance drivers.  There was no contingency plan for this, “how the fuck do we deal with a giant girl?!” he yelled at his lieutenants.  “I want every vehicle we have out there helping people” he said to one of his lieutenants, he looked towards another and commanded him to initiate martial law and they needed to restore order and calm everyone down, he had no contact from any federal or local leader, so he knew the initiative was there to take. 

 

He played surveillance recordings of cameras from the city over and over, he kept scratching his head in amazement, the cameras couldn’t even capture the girl in her entirety, she was too big, he saw glimpses of titanic fingers descend from a godlike heights to crush innocent people and rip out a building from the foundation, he saw people falling out of the skyscraper and smacking on the concrete below as she lifted it up out of view.  He looked dead into the eyes of his most trusted captain, “figure out a way to communicate with this bitch before she comes back, now!” he yelled…