- Text Size +

In this chapter: Storylines are concluded.  Characters from the past catch up.  Micros suffer and die.  We take a glimpse of the lives of the girls through a few years after The Incident at Grove View Apartments. 

 

Los Angeles, California - Lacy

 

              “I was under the impression that your professor said you were his most talented student, Lacy… and I keep getting this embarrassingly subpar work from you… I just, ah!  I don’t want to deal with this right now” Lacy’s internship manager angrily groaned as he rubbed his forehead a few times in frustration.  Lacy sat a desk with the most intricate and expensive design computers and equipment surrounding her.  Lacy’s eyes were dull, as if empty and sad, her heart raced as she was berated, her anxiety only increasing with every second the manager stood next to her.  “Do you even know how much a position like yours is worth these days?” he rudely asked.

              “I… uhh…” Lacy stammered as she could barely make eye contact with him. 

              “I was already confident that you didn’t know the answer…” he said condescendingly with a few shakes of his head.  “Hmm… yeah… I don’t feel comfortable officially hiring you into our studio once your internship is fulfilled.  I don’t really see a reason you should stick around the rest of the day either, stop by the human resource office on your way out, and thanks for wasting our time” he said, turning and leaving Lacy’s desk as Lacy sat in silent shambles. 

Lacy’s hands shook as she tried to not cry, but her eyes reddened and few tears escaped, sniffling as she lugged her bag over her shoulder and walked down the hallways of the beautifully and artistically composed studio that would be any designer’s dream to work at.  People poking their heads out of their offices and above their cubicles to see Lacy leaving, not one person asking if she was alright.  None of them having any idea that the shy, crying girl dressed in all black that had just been fired was ever responsible for the deaths of millions of sentient people, the studio workers cringing and turning away to not attract her attention and feel obligated to say something consoling. 

              She swept her bangs over her eyes with a few quick brushes of her hand to try and hide the embarrassment and shame apparent on her face, not wanting to stop by human resources, and leaving the studio in a rush and into the sunny outside streets of the greater Los Angeles area.  Lacy sniffled at the bus stop, the music playing through headphones not soothing her emotions as she thought about her life on the long ride back towards her and Ki’s apartment. 

              Lacy realizing the talents that impressed her professor in the first place were only derived from killing and experimenting with her tiny city in her old room, all the pictures and videos she took of the micros as they were crushed or burned to death, agonizingly dissolved in nail polish remover, or cruelly plastered as artwork against her girlfriend’s porcelain skin, it was all real, no special fx, no expensive software, just real death, leaving Lacy with no actual skills to apply apart from Lacy’s creative ideas for torture.  Lacy thought she could have easily gotten by in the working world in her dream career, but it was gone, pulled out from under her only to the fault of her own desires to have fun with her cult like servants while they were still alive.    

              She stared out of the window without much emotion the rest of the way home, walking a few blocks towards the run-down apartment complex so much worse than Grove View ever was.  Lacy collapsing on the couch as Ki came around the corner from the bedroom dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt.  “Aw, what’s wrong, Lace?” Ki asked as she sat down, cuddling onto Lacy a bit from behind, immediately knowing something was amiss. 

              “We fucked up, Ki…” Lacy sadly said. 

              “What do you mean?” Kiyoko asked with concern.

              “No more internship… no money… we shouldn’t have moved here” Lacy groaned. 

              “Don’t say that; I’ll start getting modeling money, my insta is gonna blow up soon, I know it” Ki said, lovingly rubbing Lacy’s hair some with a few strokes of her fingers. 

              “But it isn’t!” Lacy shouted in response.   

              “Please… we’ll figure it out, okay?  Just don’t yell…” Kiyoko said, curling her lips in disappointment and turning away from Lacy. 

              “I’m sorry, I just… how the fuck are we going to pay rent, we’ve used almost of your savings, and I don’t have any, and it’s not like our parents give a shit about us, we have nothing to go back to” Lacy said, sitting up, the two staring down at the floor in the awkwardly silent apartment. 

              “We could…I don’t know, rob a few banks” Ki joked and giggled as Lacy smirked and shook her head. 

              “I’ll find something, don’t worry” Lacy said as she rubbed her own shoulders out of anxiousness.    

              A few weeks later, Jessica had picked up Lacy as the two drove downtown to grab some dinner before a night out at a few clubs and bars.  Jessica pleasantly exhaling as she placed her fancy cocktail down on the table.  “Being 21 feels weird, no more fake ID for this stuff” Jessica said with a chuckle.    

              “I’m about to be 23… that’s even weirder, what is there to even look forward to anymore after that?” Lacy responded as she sipped at her water. 

              “Car insurance discounts?  Haha!” Jessica laughed and teased.

“I don’t even have a car…” Lacy said, biting her lip a bit in embarrassment as Jessica stopped her laugh at the realization. 

“You sure you don’t want a drink?  I’ll buy one for you” Jessica said with a genuine smile. 

              “It’s fine” Lacy dismissed. 

              “Ugh… girl, come on, I got you” Jessica said, flagging down a waiter in the upscale restaurant and ordering another drink for the table.    

              “How’s your semester going?” Lacy asked, trying to change the subject.

              “One more semester and I’m done!  Ms. Graduate.  Oh, hope you don’t mind a few of my friends from class joining us when we go out later” Jessica said, replying to a few messages on her phone before placing it back in her purse.

              “That’s fine” Lacy replied as Jessica sighed deeply, tilting her head to the side as she stared down her friend for a few seconds. 

              “I can tell when you’re sad, Lace, what’s wrong?” Jessica asked.  Lacy exhaled slowly as if nervous, her eyes a little sullen as she stared down at the table, curling her lips side to side as Jessica patiently waited.  Lacy bringing her gaze back up to Jessica who was dressed up in a fancy wrap-over dress and heels while Lacy remained in almost all black and sneakers despite the heat outside. 

              “My internship didn’t exactly work how I thought it would… and…” Lacy said, taking a deep breath, “Ki’s insta modeling isn’t really taking off to say the least… we don’t know what to do” Lacy admitted as the waiter placed Lacy’s new drink on the table next to her and excused himself. 

              “Oh, pfff… my mom said that once I get my degree, I get a high up position in her company until she retires, then I get to take over the whole thing myself” Jessica said confidently.

              “Yeah?” Lacy questioned.

              “Yeah, she said I did such a good job while she was on vacation a while ago that she trusts me now… and, in that case, as a boss bitch, I can get an assistant to hire you and Ki to do whatever I want” Jessica said with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. 

              “I… uhh…” Lacy stammered, shaking her head in confusion.

              “I know you take great pictures, so you could be a fashion photographer, and Ki was a small-time model in whatever redneck town she came from, right?  She can be one of my models for my future clothing designs, done, you’re welcome” Jessica said, playfully brushing her hair over her shoulder and smirking. 

              “But… you’re not done with school, I just-“ Lacy spoke, her eyes darting everywhere with anxiety. 

              “Girl, I got pa-lenty of money… and you’re probably the realist friend I’ve ever had… don’t worry and just let me take care of it, you’ll be fine, just don’t get too lazy when I tell you to do something for me when I’m the boss bitch, kay?” Jessica questioned. 

              “Jessica… dude” Lacy muttered as she almost began to cry, trying her hardest to cover up a wide smile with the back of her hand.  

              “Shhh… just drink” Jessica giggled as she gestured to the cocktail next to Lacy.    

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

University Campus - Professor Sandra Faust

              Professor Sandra Faust sat at her office desk, her hair disheveled, her appearance a little more casual than what was expected of her at the university, warranting some awkward looks from her fellow professors and colleagues when she walked to and from her lectures. 

She felt tired, annoyed, lonely, her students rarely visited her for help or questions as she became more standoffish and condescending towards them, apart from a few of the younger male students trying to and failing to flirt with her, 36 years old, approaching 37, hadn’t lost her much of her beauty since the day she received her first micro from Jessica, but that seemed like ages ago to Sandra as she tapped away at her keyboard. 

              She graded papers without much attention and care, handing out failing and passing grades for students that she either liked or disliked based on a fake criterion that she made up in her mind.  Bored, her elbow resting on her desk as she used her hand to prop up her tired head, her eyes dulled behind her glasses as she scrolled through her computer, opening a few economics websites and news articles that she perused often, still maintaining a loose interest of the business world and its happenings. 

              That was until she came across a link that caught her eye, “Top 30 Future Entrepreneurs Under 30” the article title read as Sandra clicked on it.  Scrolling through a few young men and women with promising and bright futures, suddenly her heart sank, scrolling over her former student’s profile.  The brightly smiling picture of Jessica Rosales across her computer screen. 

“Jessica Rosales is a bilingual shaker and mover from sunny Southern California, on the verge of taking over one of the largest women’s fashion design enterprises in the United States, she is quickly becoming a symbol for young women everywhere who aspire to-“  Sandra quickly exited the article, turning off her computer and rearing her head back against her chair in discontentment. 

              Sandra drove home after her day was over, dragging her bag behind her and letting it drop to the floor after she entered her living room.  Locking her front door as she slumped into her bedroom, undressing, and cleaning herself up a bit in her bathroom. 

Pouring herself a glass of red wine from her kitchen as she sat down at her couch and turned on the television in the dimly lit room.  Sandra took a few hefty sips of her wine before setting the glass down on a coaster on her coffee table.  Sandra kicking her bare feet up and placing them on the table as she batted them a few times and wriggled her toes. 

              On the coffee table, by Sandra’s bare heels, was a medium sized, fancy jewelry box tipped over on its side, and within, harbored the last remaining micros that Jessica had gifted Sandra long before.  The micros more than used to Sandra’s bare feet quaking next to them as they took it as their cue to come out and start rubbing Sandra’s aching heels as best as they could, Sandra not even having to say anything as it became a near daily routine for them over the years. 

              There were only a few hundred left, Sandra keeping them alive just to spite Jessica almost like a vendetta against her, doing her best to not accidentally kill any of them just to prove to herself that she was a better goddess than her young, former student ever was.

 Using the micros to rub her feet or clean her heels but seeing Jessica’s face pop up on her computer upset her, especially with such kind and exciting words written about her, Sandra deep down, felt envious and angry even though her face was emotionless and tired.  Sandra trying not to think about it as she lurched her body forward and took a few more glugs of wine, removing her feet off the table to go refill her glass, unaware that a few micros were carried away with the momentum of her massive feet swooping over them, a few dozen falling to the ground and splattering across the floor, the first casualties in such a long time as the micros began to panic a bit, usually rubbing Sandra’s feet for a while on a normal night, but instead, they retreated to the jewelry box that hosted their homes, beds, families, kitchens, and friends, in hopes to avoid the potential of more deadly accidents caused by their goddess, Sandra. 

              Sandra refilled her glass with the dark red drink, sipping at the glass a few times as she stood in the kitchen for a couple moments, massaging the side of her head with her fingers to try and relieve some stress building up in her temples, eventually walking back to her couch, Sandra dressed in nothing but black panties and her glasses as she plopped back down on the soft sofa cushions with a thump. 

The glow of the television lighting up her body as the micros continued to hide in the jewelry box by her outstretched feet.  Sandra so used to her people massaging her that she didn’t think twice about it, until she noticed a distinct lack of tiny pressure on her soles and heels before she reached for her glass, and on the table, adjusting her glasses over her eyes and observing that not a single speck was out and around her feet like she had trained them to do so diligently. 

              She became angrier, seeing Jessica’s face and article creep across her mind as the only thing left that attached her to Jessica was the micros themselves hiding in the box by her toes.  Sandra gritted her teeth as she thought about the last interaction she had with Jessica, getting slapped in the face by her in the school bathroom, Sandra running out into the crowds enamored with embarrassment and a stinging pinkened cheek, the repeating image of Jessica’s professional picture on her computer screen in her mind, her smile, her face.  “Ughhh!” Sandra fiercely groaned as she picked up her wineglass and gulped down the rest of the fresh pour, feeling the warmth splash down her throat and settle in her stomach. 

              Sandra didn’t ask her micros to come out as she lunged her torso forward, angrily gripping at the jewelry case and tipping its opening over, watching as all the micros spilled out and onto the table in heaps and masses, Sandra leaning back on her couch, crossing her arms over her bare chest as she watched her micros start to stand up and move around, Sandra scowling as her thoughts were consumed by hatred of her former student. 

              Sandra slid her heel over a smaller mass of micros too far away from the main group, watching their bodies skid under her skin with a few soft crunches, seeing the other micros start to panic and run away from her foot, “Uh-uh… no, stay where you are or this gets much worse for you…” Sandra bitterly commanded as the micros quickly listened, staying still, knowing to heed the words of their goddess.  Sandra standing up, gripping her glass, and returning to the kitchen, pouring what was left of the red wine bottle into her glass, tossing the bottle into the trash as she stomped back to the table. 

              Straddling the edge of table from high above, the micros with the view from below of her bare thighs looming above them as they stared up the length of her body towards her face, suddenly Sandra brought her half-full wineglass down on the table, watching as the bottom of the glass squished a few people, seeing their bodies burst into a red goop through the see-through glass bottom, their bodies crushed and stuck to it as the rest of the micros watched in hysterics. 

She then slid the glass parallel to the edge of the table, her bare tits dangling over the micros as her hair fell down her shoulders, Sandra taking her free hand and slamming it behind the mass of micros, squishing a few under the side of her hand as tiny spurts of red glowed against her skin from the glow of her television across her room.

               Using the side of her hand, she began scooping and shoveling the micros towards her wine glass, watching as they all fell into her glass, Sandra standing up as she held the glass up to her eyes to observe the struggles of the micros trying to stay afloat in the noxious, garnet colored liquid, hearing their tiny screams of distress and fear being washed out as she twirled the glass around carefully, causing massive waves for her micros, seeing their own tiny reflections in the glow of her eyeglasses looming above them.

Sandra slumping over back into her couch, puckering her lips and taking a few sips, feeling the gritty micro bodies crashing against her tongue and teeth as they whirled around her mouth before sliding down her throat with each gulp, placing the glass back down as she wistfully wallowed in anger and jealousy, wishing she could have had Jessica’s bright future, Sandra continuing to watch shows as she batted and curled her toes by the glass on the table by her outstretched feet as she sank further back into the couch cushions, giving the micros staying afloat in the glass nothing to look at but her massive toes and soles curling over them just beyond the glass prison as they nearly found themselves drowning before them. 

              The hundreds of surviving micros gifted by Jessica many months prior, taught and trained by Sandra to obey her every command, please her whenever she wanted, clean her shoes, and massage her feet were slowly being drank down Sandra’s throat until they were all buried deep within her, settled amongst the tidal waves of red wine sloshing and churning in her dark stomach until they started to scream out from the acid eating away at their bodies, eventually, they were nothing but salty additives flavoring the wine as their remnants passed through Sandra’s digestive system. 

              The professor erasing every last micro she owned with one final gulp, placing her empty glass down as she sighed, feeling that her stomach was full and beginning to feel a bit tipsy, her vision wobbly as she watched yet another episode of some reality dating show, but achieving her goal of feeling better, not thinking about Jessica, not having to be reminded of her anymore just by the sight of the micros alone, keeping them alive just to spite a woman she never talked to anymore.  They were gone, dissolving in her stomach, their remains to be pissed out later and flushed away as if they had never existed in the first place.

              Sandra reared her head back, relaxing herself against the pillows as she hunched down further into her warm cushions, burying herself under a thick blanket, smiling a bit as part of her felt a bit more free than before, in an almost cathartic way, cleansing herself of her regrets with Jessica, wanting to move forward with her life without the shadow of Jessica creeping in the back of her mind, and so she did just that, going to sleep for the night and going to her lectures the next day to teach with a brand new relaxed, helpful, and brighter attitude that both her and her students prospered from for many years.    

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Odessa, Ukraine - Anastazja

              “You know dad will probably never talk to you again, right?” Ana’s older sister said.

              “Yeah… he’s drinking a lot more, too, I can’t tell if he’s upset or angry” Ana’s younger sister said. 

              “He’s scared for you, Anastazja, but he will never admit it, he just doesn’t want to see you fail, I know it” Ana’s mother said. 

              “There’s nothing for me here… you know I have to go and at least try” Ana said as the sisters and mother became emotional, hugging each other in the still, cold air, snow surrounding them as Ana stood at the train station entrance.  The three tall redheaded sisters together, saying their goodbyes to Ana as the mother sat in the car trying not to cry, Ana herself trying her best not to cry before turning and heading off into the station towards her platform. 

              Ana sniffled as she settled into her train compartment after getting her passport approved and stamped, the train slowly moving out of the station as she watched her sisters in the background waving through the window, Ana smiling wide as she waved back with a few tears in her eyes as the train started to move through the outskirts of the city along the many hours ride to Moscow, having nothing to do but brush up on her Russian or sleep. 

              Ana found herself in a crappy apartment she had found online and rented, barely anything inside worked properly, but as long as she could sleep and shower, she felt fine enough.  Ana had moved there to try out for a few Russian volleyball teams, having a promising individual record from her time in the US and when she was a teenager in Ukraine, and after a few scrimmages and workouts, she was acquired to an elite team after an impressive outing, the coach and owners of the team picking her up without hesitation, negotiating a contract and an acceptable salary, more than Ana thought she would ever get in her life, still nothing too impressive, but enough to buy nice furniture, working appliances, and a good amount of extra savings for herself and her future. 

              She enjoyed touring parts of Europe, playing against other club teams across the continent, earning her place on the team and quickly becoming a captain, making friends with her teammates the more she contributed to their winning records over the years.  She dated around, finding fulfilling moments, bust most importantly to her, making sure to visit her sisters and mother as often as she could, or fly them up to her home, her father always finding an excuse to not go much to the family’s disappointment. 

              Until one day, Ana lived her most important dream, going on a career tear of a season with her club team, she gained the recognition for her skills and competitive ferocity that she had always deserved and earned a call up by the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine asking her to represent her country in the summer games.  Ana packed up her belongings in her quiet home far away from the crappy apartment that she had lived in when she had first moved to Russia, leaving behind a fiancé to cheer her on from the television before she flew back to Kiev to train with the national team. 

              Anastazja found herself in a similar situation she did a few years prior of moving to Russia, waiting at the train station in Odessa after going home to spend time with her sisters and mother before flying off to a far away country to compete for a gold medal.  Ana with tearful hugs to her sisters and mother after many wishes of good lucks and messages of love, until another car pulled up, out stepping Ana’s father, the mood tensing as Ana was weary, but stoic.  Ana achieving so much success in the previous few years, her own money, her own place on a team, national recognition, a loving relationship with a man who respected her and loved her back in Russia. 

              Ana couldn’t help but revert back to feeling like a child though as her tall, physically imposing father stepped forward up to her, in between her sisters and mother as he hugged Ana tightly while sobbing as Ana hugged him back, him breaking down in one of the only times that the family had ever seen him emotionally compromised.

He murmured into her ear that he had always been proud of her, but so terrified of her failing and giving up on herself that he stepped away from wanting to ever witness it if his fears had come true, himself admitting he wouldn’t have been strong enough to help her, but he couldn’t have been more wrong, Ana sternly reminded him with a few harsh sentences in retaliation to his words of begging forgiveness and excuses. 

She was successful, strong, beautiful, tough, and ruthless with her goals and didn’t need him to worry about her.  Ana having more than proved it to herself time and time again, executing entire countries worth of micros just because they were in her way, wasn’t going to let anything else stop her from getting the things she wanted.    

              Ana returned home to Moscow after competing at the Olympics, proud of herself for making it there, but unfortunately coming up a few places short in the tournament as other powerhouse countries had the more dominant women’s teams and achieved medals.  Ana returned to her club team and continued to enjoy her competitive lifestyle alongside her supportive fiancé until she got a call from someone whom she hadn’t heard from in a while.  “Hey, girl!” Jessica’s bright voice chirped into Ana’s ear as she almost couldn’t believe that it wasn’t a dream. 

              “Jessica?” Ana questioned, stirring in her bed.

              “Yeah, girl!  It’s me!  How’s my radioactive redhead doing?” Jessica giggled through the phone as Ana groaned and rubbed her eyes. 

              “Do you know what time it even is here?” Ana annoyingly asked.

              “7 in the morning, duh?” Jessica said.

              “Unf… yes…how did you know…” Ana annoyingly moaned followed by a wide yawn.

              “Ugh!  Wake up, it’s been so long” Jessica implored. 

“Give me a minute, please” Ana politely said.  After a few minutes of Ana snapping herself awake and making herself some coffee and breakfast, Ana chippered up, returning to the phone call with Jessica. 

“Remember when I said I’d want you to come visit me in California when we were still roommates?” Jessica eagerly asked.

“Uh, yes?” Ana replied.

“Well, let’s do it!” Jessica excitedly shouted, “come hang out with Lacy and I” Jessica enticed.

“Oh, Jessica… it has been so long between us, we have not talked in many years, yes?” Ana said.

“Which is why it’s perfect, we can all catch up!  I’ll buy your plane ticket and you can stay at my house, it’s got so many bedrooms, so I’m sure you can find a bed that fits you” Jessica chuckled.

“Jessica, I… ehh… I cannot just leave; I have a team here that I play on almost every week and-” Ana said before being cut off. 

“Yeah, yeah… I know, I had an assistant pay your team owner for a few weeks while you’re sick, understand?Jessica emphasized, pretending to cough a few times and giggling. 

“But…” Ana hesitated.

“But nothing, turns out Russian sports team owners really like money and they’ll let you be sick as long as you want if I keep approving the money transfers, anyway, your first-class seat will be ready for you, just make sure I got your long ass last name right, see ya soon!” Jessica said as she hung up the phone as Ana was left in bewilderment, hunched over at her kitchen table.

“What was all that?  I don’t understand English that well” Ana’s fiancé asked as he came out of the bedroom looking confused and rubbing his tired eyes. 

“I guess I’m going to see some old friends in America” Ana said with her brow raised, setting her phone down on the table with her engagement ring-occupied hand.

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Los Angeles, California – Isabella

              “Of course… it’s time…I already made the announcements and spent all last week signing everything over into your name, too late to go back now, mija” Isabella said.

              “I know, I just… I didn’t think this moment would be here so fast, I’m barely 24, ugh…” Jessica groaned with a hint of worry in her voice.

              “You’ve been managing the subsidiary so well since you graduated a few years ago though, and everyone seems to be happy working for you, including your ghost looking friend… with the ehh… camera and weird eyes” Isabella said, waving her hands around her face trying to think of the name. 

              “Lacy…” Jessica awkwardly reminding her mother. 

              “Yes, that one, tell her to tan some and stop getting those ridiculous tattoos, dios mío…” Isabella said, shaking her head with disapproval as Jessica rolled her eyes. 

              “I’m a little nervous, I didn’t think I would be, but I am” Jessica said, flexing her jaw a bit.    

              “Don’t worry too much… when I was your age, I thought I was in love.  But it turns out that I just love what he helped to give me…you…mija, and you’re already better than I was at 24” Isabella said as Jessica smiled. 

              “Where are you gonna go first?” Jessica curiously asked as they sat on one of the couches in the main living rooms of the mansion.  Most of the furniture and all of Isabella’s things packed up and moved out of the house leaving Jessica to replace everything with whatever she wanted. 

              “Italy… I’ve always wanted to enjoy my time there without needing to worry about fashion or pendejo critics from Milan… just me… a beach house, a boat, and a young, hot Italian man with muscles and a big-” Isabella teased as she spaced out her hands to the length she liked.

              “Oh god, mama… that’s gross” Jessica said, cutting off her mother from finishing her thought as the two chuckled.

              “Don’t worry about ever finding a man, you live your life like you want to, sí?” Isabella questioned.

              “Oh, I already do that, I have fun when I want with who I want, but I never want to be somebody’s anything” Jessica said as Isabella nodded her approval. 

              “I know we’ve talked about the business over and over again, but just ehh… don’t try to ruin the family name while I’m retired, sí?” Isabella asked.

              “Oh my god, mama… I’m not” Jessica said, reassuring. 

              “Bueno, you’re going to be a very popular woman, a symbol to people, a target to some, they’re going to try to get you to say things that get you in trouble, they’re going to try and make you angry, they will attack your looks, your smarts, your lifestyle…people will be jealous because of your wealth, just do not let them break you… por favor, mija…” Isabella sniffled, a rare sight to Jessica who was also becoming emotional.

              “Mom… it’s okay, I can do it, I’ve been watching you since I was little” Jessica said with a comforting tone.

              “I know, I just… it’s hard letting go” Isabella said as she took a deep breath and carefully wiped away a tear as to not ruin her perfect eye makeup.

              “Oh my god, I’m not dying, you’re a plane ride away or a quick phone call… you know, because I might need advice every once in a while…” Jessica said, shrugging her shoulders and smiling.

              “I love you… take care of the house, I put a lot of work into it” Isabella said as she stood up. 

              “Psshhh, I know… love you, too… wait!” Jessica shouted as she caught up to her mother in the foyer.  “The micros… are you just leaving them in your closet?” Jessica asked.

              “It’s your closet now, mija” Isabella said.

              “But I haven’t looked at the micros in years… you know I don’t want them anymore” Jessica said, almost annoyed.

              “Oh, no, they’re not in there” Isabella said.

              “What do you mean, they’re all dead?” Jessica asked.

              “Haha!  No!  I was going to get rid of them before I got to Italy” Isabella said with a laughing grin. 

              “Oh…” Jessica sighed in relief.

              “Want to say bye to them?” Isabella asked.

              “Uh, I don’t know…sure?” Jessica questioned, unsure of herself.  Having spent the last few years living her life without seeing a single micro, knowing that the people she used to own had lived in her mother’s closet and out of the way of her growth into adulthood.  Jessica nearly forgetting about that time in her life as she had so much new responsibility to tend to, seeming like ages ago, dominating the city in her student apartment closet, crushing micros left and right without care, wiping out cities full of scared people like they were mere playthings just because it was fun for her to feel the rush of power over beings so weak and helpless compared to the massive curves of body.  Jessica lost in the thoughts of old times as her mom dug her hand around her purse.   

Isabella reached into her expensive purse and pulled out a red box, a box that Jessica hadn’t seen in quite some time, the same style box that she sold off thousands of micros in while she was a student.  Isabella’s hand stretching towards her as Jessica gripped the box.   

Jessica hovering the opening below her face as she opened the top, peering into the box and seeing the micros that used to belong to her, still alive, still squirming below her as she smiled, striking immense fear into the micros that had survived in Isabella’s closet for years, doing nothing but cleaning the mature woman’s footwear.  “Goodbye” Jessica teasingly said with a grin, closing the box and giving it back to her mom.  Jessica continuing to reminisce for a moment to herself, thinking of all the nasty things she used to do to her people when she was only 19.  “Have a fun flight, call me when you’re in Italy… and… I’ll be fine, I promise” Jessica said, the two hugging tightly as Isabella left for the airport. 

Isabella boarded her flight filled with a European crew, having splashed her wealth into acquiring a modest, private first-class compartment aboard the plane, having her own small bed and storage with a closable door, a seat, a television, a personal refrigerator full of pre-stocked beverages and snacks.  Isabella was flying comfortably all the way to Italy as the young air stewardesses tended to her every need and desire when she so called upon them. 

Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean, Isabella had woken up from a short attempt at sleep in the comfortable bed, taking off her night mask as she laid back against the pillows and watched the dark sky horizon mixed with the rising sun and a few scatterings of stars in the dark parts of the sky.  Isabella stood up and yawned, not having too much room to really walk around her private compartment as she attempted to stretch in her silky black nightgown, placing her feet in a pair of slippers as she exited the compartment and tended to herself in first-class bathroom. 

Isabella returned to her compartment, bending over, and pulling out her bag from underneath the bed storage, placing her bag on the bed as she fished out the red box full of every last remaining micro from Toy Town and her closet before returning the bag into the storage bin and out of the way.  Isabella laying down on the bed as she twiddled the box over her large cleavage, keeping the micros inside as she thought about how to use the last few thousand she had within her grip. 

“Hmm…” Isabella hummed in thought as she wriggled her toes within her fuzzy slippers stretched out the length of the small bed.  Isabella turned, sitting upright with her slippers resting on the floor as she popped open the top of the box and placed it on the floor by her feet, “hola, mis pequeños…” Isabella whispered as she smiled, her arms stretched out behind her as she arched her back and slid her feet forward a bit into a more comfortable pose.  Isabella nudged the edge of the box with the side of her slipper, “everyone out” Isabella teasingly sang. 

She watched as the thousands of slaves wandered out of the box like zombies, the flat floor of the small first-class compartment littered with specks as she bent over, fishing the box from off the floor and tossing it on the bed as she adjusted back to her comfortable position. 

Isabella crossed one leg over the other, bringing a finger to her lips as she stared down at the micros, batting her foot as the slipper dangled and bounced over the micros, slapping against her heel as she flexed her toes forwards and backwards.  Over the years, Isabella had gotten rid of the small people without much thought, cutting down their numbers nearly in half, some had still died cleaning her footwear, but most were killed when she felt like crushing them for fun, or rubbing them into her clit and pussy, but after a while, it got boring to her, Isabella ending up leaving the micros alone for the most part as they became excellent at cleaning her shoes, barely paying attention to the little mites and just letting them do what they were told to do, but now it was all over. Isabella was done, retiring, wanting to start a different chapter in her life, not seeing much use in having the little bugs around anymore as she clicked her tongue in disappointment. 

She stopped dangling her slipper over the micros as she brought her foot down, placing it next to the other, sliding her feet out of the slippers and bent her body downward, turning the openings of the slippers towards the micros and sitting back upright, waiting patiently as she wondered if they would understand her intentions without having to say anything, wanting, of course, for her micros to get inside of her slippers, the micros barely moving as Isabella continued to stare down at them with an irritated look on her face.  Isabella gripped the edge of her night gown, pulling it up to her waist as she spread her legs apart, straddling her feet on either side of her slippers as if to entice her servants. 

Isabella became frustrated that they didn’t assume what she wanted of them, instead, she decided to simply point downward at her slippers, “either inside there…or inside here…” Isabella commanded as she then palmed a few fingers between her thighs near her sex, the masses of micros hesitated, barely willing to move as it appeared to Isabella.  Then came an abrupt, gentle knock at Isabella’s private door, as Isabella looked around confused, looking over at the clock on the screen of the television, Isabella realizing she had ordered breakfast for that specific time when she had purchased her ticket. 

“Ms. Rosales, I have your breakfast prepared, may I come in?” the accented voice of a young air stewardess muffled behind the door.

“Of course” Isabella calmly responded as she quickly tugged her nightgown skirt down to her knees and crossed her leg back over her as to not reveal her bare pussy that she had just been flaunting in front of her slaves. 

“Good morning, Ms. Rosales, I’ll just place this here…” the young, Swiss woman dressed in her airline uniform, a buttoned-up top, skin colored pantyhose that ran up beyond her knee-length skirt, a yellow scarf tied around her neck, her brunette hair tied in a tight bun on the back of her head as she smiled.  She took a step into Isabella’s room as she felt something weird crunch under her closed toed, black block style heels before she placed the tray of food down on the small table by the television next to Isabella, but she remained smiling despite the awkward crunch of what she assumed were food crumbs under her foot, wanting to remain professional and unaffected. 

Isabella trying not to laugh as she watched the young Swiss woman squish a few hundred micros without knowing it, Isabella seeing the floor stained with some red splatters and disfigured micro bodies embedded on the surface.  The air stewardess stood herself upright by the doorway, holding her hands at her waist with etiquette as she placed her heel next to the other, Isabella seeing a few more micros disappearing under the toe of her other heel as the girl was very obvious in ignoring the brittle feeling below her feet, Isabella not wanting to bring attention to the massacre going on below, picked her eyes off the floor, smiling at the girl, “May I bring you anything else, Ms. Rosales?” the flight attendant courteously asked. 

“No, thank you” Isabella politely replied as the girl nodded her head with a smile, turning on her heels, as Isabella looked down to see her thousands of micros running for safety into her slippers as she had commanded earlier.  The air stewardess’ right heel rolling over onto another small group of micros as they were crunched under the heavy block heel as Isabella smirked with tight lips, the girl exiting the compartment and gently closing the door behind her, unaware that she had hundreds of tiny, squished people ingrained into the treads of her standard issue heels.

Isabella’s breakfast steamed atop the small table, but she couldn’t have cared less in the moment as every single last one of her micros had split themselves into her left and right slippers, happily fluttering her fingers as she gripped the insides and placed the openings of her slippers at her toes.  Isabella began sinking her toes into the slippers, feeling the little bodies writhing against her skin as she slid her feet across the warm, fluffy insoles until she buried her toes at the front, wriggling them a few times to settle her feet into place. 

She leaned over and picked up the food tray, kicking her feet up as she laid back in her bed, placing the tray on a fold out table that hovered above the bed.  She she sipped at her coffee and ate her breakfast while watching some news on the television, keeping her feet placed downward so the micros wouldn’t fall out as they writhed and kicked against her feet and between her toes giving her a pleasant, tingling little foot massage. 

Isabella pausing for a moment and smiling as she saw a little news ticker at the bottom of the screen below the main stories of the morning, her daughter’s name slowly scrolling across the screen followed by the news of her becoming the head of the company that Isabella had built from the ground up.  Isabella sighed with contentment as she rested her head back against the comfy pillow as the horizon skated by her airplane windows, Isabella stretching her legs outward and scrunching her toes together tightly a few times as she closed her eyes and savored the moment, bound for wine, relaxation, and the rest of her life.   

             

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

The Last Survivors of Toy Town

              An arduous and virtually uncountable amount of time had passed by for the micros as they slaved away at the whim of their goddess.  Working on the goddess’ footwear repeatedly and endlessly as they perfected the art of polishing her heels.  Days became meaningless, deaths were hollow, their lives empty unless it was to satisfy the ageing woman whenever she felt sexually famished.  For some, that was the only real way to tell just how much time had passed, years, seeing slightly more wrinkles and curves on the goddess that could have only been accompanied by long periods of time and passage as well as being up close to her body. 

              The memories of anything before the closet was mostly gone, barely even remembering who Jessica was or the feint recollections of Toy Town, until one day, the micros were forced into an old, familiar prison, the red box.  Tumbling and falling over each other as they bounced with each titanic step from below, until they found themselves face to face with Jessica.

 It was a surreal moment for the micros, precipitous, piercing and sudden shock made them dizzy, her eyes, her face, her evil smile, everything was the same as the horrors of memories came flashing back to them in an instant, images of their city being pulverized, spat on, people drowning in her saliva, eaten, sacrificed, squished, sat on, the micros wailed and cried inside the box, “GOODBYE” her voice rang out one last time to them as it shook them to their very core of their soul and body. 

              Met with some reprieve though as it seemed like she was gone for forever, but her image was again burned into their minds after so long without seeing her.  The micros content with a loud buzzing in their ear and a darkness surrounding them for what seemed like a few days, but their knowledge of time was inaccurate, they were jostled around and slammed down on a flat surface, nudged out of the box as they came out in droves, met with the view of Isabella sitting above them in a strange looking room.  Her slipper dangling from high above as if it were about to fall on top of them and wipe out the rest of their race. 

              The ones further back in the crowed of micros could barely see over the edge of the strangely small bed that made Isabella somehow look even more gigantic and looming in comparison, seeing the dark maw between her legs as she placed her feet down on the floor, sliding her feet out of the slippers, turning the pair of massive openings towards them, like a pair of dark canyons as the smell of her feet wafted out of the openings towards them.  The micros confused, would do anything the goddess said, but she wasn’t saying anything, her massive figure just staring down at them as she looked angry, a look the micros knew all too well, suddenly she pointed down at the slippers and then in between her legs, the micros knowing which option was worse.    

              Just like the micros had gotten expertly familiar with, scaling the tall wall of the slippers’ edges would be easy as a few micros started to make their way towards the caves that towered over them as the mature goddess watching on from a few miles above.  Then came knocking, another goddess, her voice soft and innocent.  The micros turning just in time to see a young giantess walking towards them, her massive heel already on top of hundreds of them before they even had a chance to react as it came barreling downward, many screaming as it pressed onto them, their bodies popping and spurting before disappearing under the woman’s foot, the micros next to those who were just squished were thrown to the ground in the quake of her footfall, looking up to see the young woman leaning over, her legs on either side of the micros as they tried to pull themselves up and run to their goddess’ slippers for asylum. 

              They could see up her long legs from underneath her skirt, white panties covered behind her pantyhose next to her plump thighs in the darkness miles above them, her black heel coming back around as it grinded into another group of people without mercy as they were flattened, the young woman not even looking down towards the micros as they screamed and ran away from the new giantess. 

Some thought they were safe as the giantess voices boomed above, their eyes wide with freedom as they were approaching the slippers in the far distance by Isabella’s toes, suddenly they felt a low rumble as they looked up, the young giantess was turning, her legs pivoting as her ass stuck out above them, her heel grinding against the ground as it smeared people into nothing but red streaks against her treads as the massive wall of black came sliding towards the rest, the wall too big to make any distance against as they tried to run away from it, but they were helpless, rolled over with ease as their bodies were dragged underneath.        

              A large portion of the final survivors of the Trebizand ethnicity now dead and solidified as stains against the heels of the young giantess flight attendant as she exited the room, only a few micros turning back to watch her massive body disappearing behind the door.  The rest making it and climbing into the slippers, trying to find the best place to hide and survive themselves as they spread out across the width and length of the slippers, the musky foot odor encompassing their bodies the further they ventured into the maw like footwear, climbing over tufts and hills of soft and warm fuzz as it was hard to keep balance, the fuzz so soft that some weaker micros got stuck in it, trapped as the rest didn’t even care after years of torture, leaving them behind as they made their way to the darker toe sections. 

              Tossed and quaking as Isabella’s toes started to wiggle into the openings of each slipper, darkening the slippers nearly to pitch black as her soft, warm flesh rolled over thousands of micros at a time, suffocating against her skin as they pushed back against her for air, some crushed immediately as they splattered from the immense pressure and weight compressing their bodies to paste.  The goddess wriggling her toes as the micros fell in between the webbings and spaces between her toes, having no choice but to push themselves against the mass of her overbearing flesh for breathable air that was heavily scented with her humid feet filling their lungs. 

              Unbearably, she repeatedly scrunched her toes together, massaging and pressing her feet into her slippers as hundreds died with each significant movement she made, others slowly dying and suffocating in the dark warmth of the sultry tomb, others exploding on her toes or staining the fuzz as they were pressed into it with force, their bones snapping with little effort.  The few hundred remaining survivors knew that these were to be their last moments, hearing the goddess outside of the slippers pleasantly sigh in the distance as she wiggled her toes more, further killing them without concern.

              Everything that the micros had done throughout their lives was finally over, their race, their city, their ethnicity was to be snuffed out in such a meaningless and trivial manner.  A mature goddess having no use for her slaves anymore, not once caring about their culture, their families, or their existence, just like her daughter before her, using them as nothing more than entertainment and toys. 

The people of Trebizand, Toy Town, or whatever their goddesses decided to call them at any given moment, were on the verge of extinction as the last remaining micro of a once proud civilization found himself stuck between the wrinkles and creases of Isabella’s smallest toe.  The micro struggling and kicking to escape from her warm wrinkles as his body was becoming more constricted, unable to breathe as his body was pinned against her unimaginable weight, engulfed in her scent, his bones crunching as he tried and failed to gasp out in pain and beg for mercy, his guts slowly bursting from his broken body into a bloody mess as she squeezed him to death with a minute scrunch of her toes while she sipped at her coffee.  Isabella extinguishing the last of the noble micro race with her smallest toe as her foot massage came to an end. 

The remains of their entire people left behind as smudges against Isabella’s skin or piles of gore in nothing more than complimentary slippers provided by the upscale airline.

“Ahh…” Isabella satisfyingly exhaled as she took another sip, placing the steaming cup of coffee back down on her tray table…  

Chapter End Notes:

Part 2 finale coming next week.  Please drop a review if you have time!  thank you.