- Text Size +

Jim woke up an hour later. Tracy no longer had a grip on him, so after lifting her arm off of his shoulder, he got up.
He checked his phone for the security camera and saw that the guards were no longer there and that it was 9 in the evening, where most of the night life was beginning to die down save for a few clubs and typical partying teenagers. Jim was never quite fond of that kind of stuff.
He plugged in his phone and the enhancers to his power banks and stuffed them into the duffle bag along with his mask.
"I should probably get this Hummer out of the way. Just gotta take the munitions crate out and sell this for scrap. It'll last us a bit more without me taking money from ATMs, since they're upping their game after all." He thought.
After quietly unloading the crate of munitions and making a note in case Tracy woke up, he opened the roll-up garage door of the storage unit and backed up the car.
He shut the door, opened the gate and drove out all while the cameras were frozen.
"Man, I love these powers!" He thought.
Just in case anything popped up, he kept his phone open to all possible threats. After he stopped the robbery at the jewelry store, he managed to refine his system, so now it patched Jim into conversations that have certain trigger words that he downloaded into the algorithm. These trigger words range from literal, metaphoric, and common street slang of many different crimes. But of course, he always had the classic method of police scanner hacking.
"Let's hope nothing too big happens tonight, I got a girl to go back to... Huh... Never thought I'd be able to say that..."
He then started imagining if Tracy was his girlfriend but immediately suppressed his thoughts and shook his head. 
"Shit! Come on Jim! She's with someone else, don't think about that!"
Jim began to drive away to clear up his mind.
He was always more of a night-person. The cool air, the light contrasting with the dark, and in most places, peace and quiet.
As he was making his way to a salvage shop half a mile from where he was, he managed to enjoy the sights a bit. Another positive aspect to his situation was that he finally got to travel around the country.
As usual, he kept to the smaller streets, avoiding law enforcement when possible. 
The entire trip going to Texas he had to avoid speeding cameras by hacking into them, preventing them from picturing him in the hummer. 
"Better ask Quanesia to check out the system's defense while I do this." He thought as he dialed up the polymath.
"Hello? Jim?"
"Hey Quanesia, how's it going?"
"Making progress to Oregon. Did your plan go well?"
"Not exactly. You were right, we just barely got away, me and Tracy..."
"Unfortunate but I'm happy you successfully evaded them."
"But there's something that you need to know, the government also has Neo-Humans for agents. I guess they figured fighting fire with fire how to go."
"This is going to be difficult, for all for us..."
"Yeah… So, can you please check up on my network system? I've been using it like hell to hack and communicate and it just occurred to me that the government might be finding a way to spy on even the most secure networks."
"No problem. I'll call when I've improved the security dramatically. I will not allow you to fall into their hands that way."
"Thanks."
"How's Tracy?"
"She's good. Taking it well, but... She grew again and this time she's permanently 3 feet taller so I'm on my way to get a new truck that she can fit inside of."
"That's surprising... Would you like me to theorize on that on the side? I could use some complex thoughts."
"Knock yourself out, Q."
"Anything else for now?"
"Nah, that's it. Call you later Quanesia."
"Alright. Goodbye."
Jim hung up and continued driving to the salvage shop.
A few minutes of driving later, he finally reached the salvage shop. The lights were still on, so Jim parked the car. He was a few blocks away thanks to having limited space, but figured it wouldn't take that long.
He got out with his duffle bag so it wouldn’t get stolen if someone managed to break in, and then started making his way to the shop.
However he saw three large men on motorcycles ride up to the shop. They got off of their bikes and pulled out weapons. One of them had a heavy chain, while the other two had baseball bats.
Jim decided to hide amongst the parked vehicles and watch how things transpired.
They started banging the door to the salvage shop and yelled demands.
"Come on, Shitbird! Come Out!"
"Boss wants you beaten to a pulp for what you did, you rat bastard!"
The door opened to reveal a man of average height in his late twenties with spiky black hair. He was also wearing a black leather trench coat with hot rod flame patterns along the edges of it, jeans, work boots, and black fingerless gloves with metal parts on his forearm.
"Guys, please, your boss was an asshole that's just the way it is."
"He's in jail because of you!" The biker with the chain said.
"How's that my fault? He stashed the stolen money in one of my cars, I found it, and called the police! You guys should be happy that you don't have to work for him anymore! I'd hate to work for someone that stupid."
"THAT'S IT!"
One of the bikers swung his baseball bat at the man, hitting him hard in the stomach.
He fell a few steps back and tried to regain his breath after having the wind knocked out of him.
Jim decided it was time to act, so he went into the alley and disabled the cameras to change.
"You... Don't want to... Do this!" The beaten man said, regaining his breath.
"And why is that?" The biker with the chain said confidently.
"Because now... You Made Me Angry!"
The man swung his fists at the three bikers, missing almost all of them. He was hit in the back by the chain, causing great pain, but it only served to fuel his blind rage.
"NOW YOU’VE DONE IT! RAAAGGGHHH!"
He managed to land a punch on one of the bikers, but it was apparent that his strength was not equal to his anger as the same biker floored him.
"Go ahead, be angry! That's not gonna help you, and nobody's gonna save you!"
"I wouldn't say that..."
The bikers turned and saw a man in a black hoodie that had robotic limbs and a mask with green lenses.
"Let him go." Jim said in his Cyber-Punk voice.
"Haha, and what're you suppose to be? Get lost, freak."
"I'll give you to the count of three. If you don't leave, you're waking up in a jail cell."
"Oh! So the freak wants to fight, huh?"
"Three..." 
The bikers stood up straight and left the man on the ground.
"Two..."
The man looked up. From his perspective, all he could see were the bikers slowly walking to whoever was counting down, but he couldn't see who it was defending him.
"One."
Almost like a western duel, Cyber-Punk shocked and knocked out two of the three bikers before they could even react. The one biker left was stunned and became terrified after the realization that this guy was serious.
"Oh shit! Uh... okay! I'll put my bat down! See?" The last biker said shakily as he dropped his bat.
"Too late."
Jim rushed towards him and grabbed his head, then pulled it down to his knee.
Jim's armored knee made contact with the biker's forehead with such force he was immediately knocked unconscious and a large lump started to form on his forehead as he lay on the ground with his friends.
The man was speechless. He couldn't believe what he had just witnessed.
Jim walked to him and extended his hand to the man on the ground.
"You alright?"
"Alright? I'm better than that!" He said excitingly as he stood back up. "I just got saved by you! A real-life superhero!"
"What?! I'm not a superhero!"
"Like hell, you’re not!"
"Not a superhero."
"Oh... I see... The whole "Unknown Vigilante" angle! I dig it! I see the appeal!"
"Oh God, what have I gotten myself into?" Jim thought.
"Man, I always knew there were real superheroes out there! I mean sure, there's those people who dress up like superheroes, but they act so cheesy and lame! You! You're the Real Deal!"
"Okay... You sure you're not hurt?"
"I mean... Yeah, my back aches a bit... But at this point, I don't care!"
"Okay... Before we continue, do you have any padlocks or anything so I can secure these guys?"
"Yeah! Wait up!"
The strange man rushed into the salvage shop as Jim dragged the unconscious bikers together and tied them up with the chain used by the one guy.
The Man came out of the shop with a large steel padlock and handed it to Cyber-Punk.
"Here ya go."
"Thanks."
After locking them up, the man stuck a note on the forehead of one of them that said "Asshat".
"Too much?" The man asked.
"Honestly? Not enough."
"I like the way you think! Mr... Uh..."
"Cyber-Punk."
"Awesome name!"
"If you want to do me a favor, don't tell the police anything."
"Yeah! You'll remain in the shadows of night… Your secret's safe with me. But... Seriously, is there anything else I can do for you? Anything at all!"
"Is it okay if we make a deal?"
"What is it?"
"I need to get rid of a hummer and I'm in need of something bigger. Like… A somewhat big delivery truck."
"Wait... So, you're saying you wanna trade your Hummer for a delivery truck? Say no more! I’ve got an old delivery truck. It's a bit of a fixer upper, but me and my friends can get it running for you just like new!"
"How long will it take?"
"Well... Give us... Three days to fix it up."
"That works for me."
"And you say you got a hummer? Why do you want it gone?"
"Roof is dented outwards, shattered windshield, no keys, too small."
"I understand everything, but how is a friggin' Hummer too small?"
"Let's keep that a secret."
"Right. Can't give everything. That's cool."
"Let me just roll it in." 
Cyber-Punk took out his phone, and a few blocks away, the hummer started up and moved towards them.
The man was amazed by the display. Cyber-Punk was controlling a car like it was a toy with his phone being the controller.
"You are so cool..."
"Well... At least he voices out his thoughts..." Jim thought.
"Oka- Oh! Lemme just open up my gate so you can roll it in!"
"Yeah. You do that."
He may not have been getting any money out of this deal, but it saved him the headache of finding and buying a new truck. So to Jim, it was worth it. 
After parking it in the salvage yard, Cyber-Punk went up to the man again to confirm things.
"Alright, I'll be back here in three days at the same time as now. Don't tell the police anything about me, but do tell them that the men that tried beating you up are under orders."
"What about them telling police stuff about you?"
"They'll dismiss it as the crazy ramblings of people who are desperate to be free."
"God, even the way you say things is so cool..."
"Yeah… Well, I'm gonna go now."
"Oh, wait! One more thing!"
The man ran to the inside of the shop and, after a few seconds of audible rummaging, came out and ran back to Cyber-Punk.
"Here! It wasn't really my style but I figured it's the least I could give you... Aside from the truck." The man handed Jim a neatly folded black leather jacket.
"Thank you."
"And there's a place in the back to put a thing if you want. Like if you ever think of... Getting a logo or anything. Oh! And there's a hidden hood there too!"
"Okay. Thanks, mister?"
"Fur- Uh... Ben."
"Thank you, Ben"
"No problem, Cyber-Punk."
With a quick nod, Cyber-Punk ran out the yard and back into the night. 
Ben was ecstatic and quickly pulled out his phone and texted some people he knew.
"GUYS! GET HERE ASAP! I GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!"

Jim decided to tinker with his tech while he was out. He already had the ability to upload viruses, however he thought he needed something a bit more convenient.
"Hmm... Disabling cameras automatically with a trespassing virus could work. Disabling all those cameras around Ben's shop took longer than I would've liked. Could’ve disabled the situation before they hit that poor guy in the gut..." He thought.
Jim began creating a virus that would copy itself, then trespass security measures and disable all tech around him when activated. However, before he could even think about using it in practice, he needed a way to have the virus copies self-terminate after a period of time while the original wouldn't.
"Gonna need to go in the enhancer's computer to program something like that without taking forever. I can do that when I get back to the storage garage so Tracy can look after me. In the meantime, while I'm out here and walking back, I’d better get breakfast for Trace before the stores close. And... maybe a little something for me, since we're gonna be held up here for three days. Wonder if the new Green Day album's out..."
Jim continued to walk in full gear in the dark alleyways. He was beginning to get used to the increased height he had with his leg enhancers.
However, as he kept on going at a steady pace, he couldn't help but shake off the feeling that he was being watched. He found it odd seeing that he disabled the cameras on the street prior and there were no cameras in sight within the alleyways thanks to them being so narrow.
"It's probably just the dark. Better switch to night-vision."
Jim did so and saw nothing behind or in front of him, however he looked up to see a person watching him from the rooftops. He couldn't make out their appearance from the distance between them but they started running as almost as if they knew he looked at him.
"What the hell? Probably just a kid. But I think I should get a bit farther away before I change. He could just be hiding."
Jim continued on, at a quicker pace, further down the alley and turned left to the back door of a pawn shop to evade whoever was watching. Little did he know, as long as he was in the dark, unbeknownst to him, he was being watched very closely.
Jim hastily took off his gear and stuffed the enhancers and mask into his bag.
Afterwards, he got out of the alleys and walked along the sidewalk, with his duffle bag in tow. 
After a sufficient distance, and the fact that he was in a well-lit area, he was finally able to shake off the feeling of being watched. But, ever so cautious, he voted to go back to Tracy and hide out.
While on his way, he remembered that he didn't give his current location to Jeffrey. Jim figured it was a tad too late to call so he just sent a text to Jeff on his whereabouts.
"Hey Bro, I'm in El Paso for the next 3 days. Meet you here. Call me when you're in town."

The following morning, Tracy woke up with Jim in front of her. He was making BLTs for breakfast.
"Morning, Tracy!" Jim said with a smile.
"Mornin'. Whacha makin', Jim"?
"BLTs. Bought the ingredients earlier while you were asleep. There's a flea market close by, so that's where I got the stuff, pretty cheap too!"
"Thanks for breakfast!"
"You're welcome."
"I'm glad a night's rest made you come back to your old self!"
"Yeah... Anyway, we'll be staying here for three days while the new truck is being fixed. In the meantime, I promise to find ways for you to walk around and not to be confined here all the time."
"Thanks. That also explains why the hummer's gone. So, how did you buy a truck so fast?"
"It was more like trade. I gave the hummer, they gave me a decent truck. They just need time to make it look and run good."
"Looks like our luck's turning back around."
"Yeah. So, how was sleep? I imagine not entirely good since we lost our sleeping bags."
"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."
"Still. I'll find a way to get some extra cash without stealing so we can replace the things we lost back in Arizona. It may be the home stretch, but I want you to be comfortable. I do want your family to like me, and taking care of you is a good step." 
"Your courtesy is much appreciated, and trust me, they'll love you! Breaking me out and taking me all the way back home halfway across the country is more than anyone would do for me. They'll be more than appreciative!" She said, smiling brightly.
"I don't expect them to be, but that would be nice."
"For an admitted punk rocker, you're such a gentleman."
"Thanks..." Jim said, blushing a bit. "Anyway, eat up and I'll check your bandages after. I did the best I could in the car, but now that things are all calm I can treat them properly."
"Right."
As Tracy started eating, Jim's phone rang and he pulled it out of his pocket.
"It's just Quanesia. Probably giving me an update."
Tracy gave a thumbs up as her mouth currently had 3 sandwiches in it simultaneously.
Jim answered his with an amused smile on his face, putting the phone on speaker as he answered.
"Hey, Quanesia. How's my system coming?"
"Security and speed have been optimized greatly."
"Thanks, Q. How's your progress going?"
"Well enough. Just waiting for public transport."
"Nice. Me and Tracy are having breakfast."
"Speaking of, I spent a few hours thinking, and might have come up with a theory to Tracy's powers."
Tracy looked up, wide-eyed and curious to what Quanesia said.
"What is it?"
"I believe she's getting her extra mass from an outside source. Howver, since rapidly adding mass directly from the environment around her would cause... Serious destruction in the surrounding area… I concluded that she's getting mass from somewhere else."
"And where is that?" Tracy said after swallowing.
"I theorize it to be another universe. But I have yet to prove it, though..."
"Really? Wow..."
"Thanks, Quanesia..."
"Alright... I'll leave you to process that information. Good luck again!"
Quanesia hung up. Leaving Jim and Tracy to ponder on her theory.
"Your thoughts?" Tracy asked.
"I mean... It's possible. The Large Hadron Collider deals with universal forces as it attempts to replicate the Big Bang on a smaller scale.”
"So, it's possible that I have access to a universe's worth of mass..."
"Or multiverses, seeing as Quanesia went with that universal theory."
"So, if I'm understandin' this right... I can be as big, or even Bigger, than the universe itself?!"
"Yes..."
"Whoa... Suddenly 100 feet tall doesn't seem so big... But damn... no wonder the government wants me... I'm scary powerful..." She said with a worried and frightened look on her face as she looked at her huge hands.
Jim saw this and decided to comfort his amazon-sized friend before her mind strayed into dark territories.
"Hey, don't be concerned about it. You're still you."
"Yeah, but... I'm dangerous..."
"No you’re not. Look, your powers are a bit scary when you think about it, not gonna lie, but they’re not what defines you."
"I coulda killed someone... And that can happen again... I'm dangerous and now... That's a part of me forever…" She said, breaking eye contact with Jim.
Jim reached her head and turned it so she could see him.
"Tracy. Hey... I'm here, aren't I? I don't think you're a dangerous monster. You're Tracy Price. Sure, you have powers that can level places in seconds now, but the young woman I’ve come to know would never do that because she's a good person. I'd be afraid of someone else getting your powers, but you? There's nobody else I'd trust but you. Because I know you would never do anything to harm innocent people. You saved Mika and me from harm, that just shows the kind of person you are! Do you see now? You protect, not destroy." Jim said as he held her hands.
"You mean it?" 
"I do. You may have to live like this now, but as long as I'm here, you don't need to worry. And if you need help? I'll help you to the best of my ability, I promise. I never back out of helping the people closest to me."
Tracy kissed Jim on the forehead.
"Thank you."
"It's what I do. No need to thank me at all."
"I'm glad I met you..."
"Me too. This is the best thing to come out of this experience."
"I agree."
"Tell you what, after I go out on one more quick run after taking care of your injuries. I'll spend the whole day here with you and we can even walk together later tonight. How's that?"
"That sounds great. Thank you."
"So, shall I take a look?"
"Yeah, go ahead."
Jim started unraveling the bandages on Tracy's arm and revealed no evidence of an injury whatsoever. Not even any scarring.
"Huh... The shots to your arm are fully healed!"
"Really?! It was strange that they stopped hurting yesterday..."
"Let me check out the one on your leg."
Jim went over and unraveled the bandages on Tracy's leg, same story. No sign she was ever shot there.
"I can't believe it, you're fully healed!"
"Really?!"
"Yeah! Not as fast as Wolverine or Deadpool, but still. Wow!"
"I guess we don't need to worry about going to the hospital."
"Saves us from getting caught... And amateur surgery from me..."
"Yeah. I trust you with a lot of things-"
"But we can both agree to let that shit be done by professionals."
"Right..."
"But anyway, this is great! Now I just need to buy you food for the day. 200 dollars should fit, but I really need a way to get money."
"Hmmm..."
"Well... I could cheat people?"
"What?"
"I used to... Cheat people... out of their money."
"How?"
"Fast hands, short stature, quick wit... admittedly not the highest point in my life but... I needed money for new... everything, when I immigrated so... I got a little desperate."
"So... You used to rob people?"
"Is it robbery if they give you the money?"
"How did you go around doing that?"
"Ever heard of the Three Card Monte?"
"You did card tricks for money? Like them guys with cups and a little table?"
"Yeah, that was my most-used method for quick cash."
"First you sew, then you’re a masseuse, then you box, and now you're some sorta street magician. My word…"
"I had a lot of interests back then. And I still do. Although, I never got around to learning how to play guitar."
"You can ask Samson for lessons."
"Your boyfriend? Maybe... Of course, they're going to have to adjust after a period of comprehension that superpowers exist. But, how long can that be?"
"They may freak out at first, but my family's pretty level-headed. I may need you to put it to my friends gently, though..."
"I'll work on a speech. In the meantime, are you going to be okay here?"
"As long as the guard or owner don't come in, I'm good."
"They won't. I change to their database for this particular unit, it's been paid for a month as far as they know. But tonight, we'll scout for other places to stay."
“Alright. And I may call up Quanesia if I get bored."
"Good idea. Anyway, I'll be right back."
"Take care."
"I always do." 
Jim picked up the duffle bag with his gear then did all the hacks to avoid detection before opening the roll-up garage door partially.
"I'll make it quick."
"See ya soon!"
He got out and closed the door. Jim did feel for Tracy, he wanted to go out and walk with her now, but the situation they were in made it impossible without attracting attention. But instead of feeling sad for her and saying sorry, he decided it's time for a grand gesture to his new close friend.
"Hmm... I did see a music store close by, I should probably check out the albums and see if there's a song I can play for her." He thought as he walked out of the storage lot.

A few minutes later, in his blue bomber jacket and sunglasses, Jim was across the road from the music store.
Raven's Records was the name of the establishment. It looked as if it was only recently opened. It was a smaller establishment that didn't have as much of the equipment of larger stores, but, it was the closest one in proximity. And as long as it had good music, Jim didn't care.
Unfortunately, the light had changed to red just as he was about to cross. 
"Two minutes?! Nope." He thought as he pulled out his phone and hacked the light to discreetly change to green.
After the light changed, a few cars went forward, but the traffic flow eventually stopped and he, along with a few relieved civilians, crossed the road.
After everyone was across, Jim hacked the lights again and they reset to normal functions.
However the isolated EMP from Jim's powers was picked up temporarily by the devices around him.
Most didn't notice and chalked it up to a malfunction or bug, but inside the music store, a young man wearing a black shirt, jeans, a cross necklace, and two studded bracelets on each wrist, was listening to some rock on his headphones when they picked up Jim's EMP and they started playing white noise.
This made him look around and stop drawing in his notebook. And he saw Jim enter the store.
He looked at the drawing he had in his notebook, slightly baffled. He stood up and started clearing the store of patrons as Jim browsed the Punk Rock section.
He managed to clear the store by giving the other patrons a free album each if they left for the day, and sure enough, the 5 other people left. Leaving him with Jim.
"Hey, looking for something?"
"Revolution Radio, Awake, Rise, 21st Century Breakdown, Pick A Universe?"
"I have those in the back. If you'd follow me, I'll find them for ya."
"Cool. Saves me time."
The young man led Jim to the back of the store. After he locked the door behind him, the young man wasted no time and confronted Jim.
"I know what you are." He said flatly.
"What?!"
"You’re a Neo-Human." 
He flipped through a few pages of his notebook and showed a sketch of Jim taking off his gear the night prior.
"This is you, isn't it?"
"What?! Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about!" Jim tried denying everything, in hopes he may think that he is the wrong guy.
"Let me jog your memory. You know someone by the name of General Brooks."
"General Brooks?! Shit!"
Jim sweep kicked him from behind the ankles, causing him to fall backwards.
Jim put down his duffle bag and choke-held the young man with his left hand and had his right balled into a fist, ready to punch.
"How do you know her?! Who are you?!"
Thinking he may get his face reworked, he calmly said.
"I'm not with that bitch if that's what you're getting at."
"How can I trust you?!"
"Look, I don't have any cameras. the only thing I got is a laptop, and it's not even connected to anything. I know you can do stuff to tech, so you can check it yourself."
Jim pulled out his phone and scanned for all devices. He was telling the truth.
"Alright…" He let go and got off of him "Care to explain who you are and what you know?" He said as he extended his hand to help him up.
The young man took Jim's hand and got up. "Damn floor. Okay, so I go by Zero." He said as he was dusting himself off. 
"What do you know about General Brooks, Zero?"
"I don't know her exactly, but I do know of a plan she has."
"How?"
"I'm like you, a Neo-Human."
"Show me what you got, then."
Zero's eyes went black for a second, then a snake crawled up his shoulder and wrapped gently around his neck. It was a very peculiar snake, pure black, but not a natural shade of it, and it didn't appear to have any scales.
"Not a species I know of. Wait... is that snake made of darkness?"
"Smart. This is Shadow. A manifestation of my own shadow. As you can tell, I have the power of Umbrakinesis."
"The power to manipulate shadows..." 
"I can make animals, weapons, the works. I can even make a ball when I'm bored."
"Okay. I believe you now. So what's this plan and how'd you get it?"
"Me and a few others are making a rebellion in Chicago. There was a facility there, where me and a few others tried taking over, but we didn't have the power to overcome them and their tech. But in our latest attempt, we got out with this." 
He booted up his laptop and showed Jim two files.
"Two files? That's it?"
"Well, we can't control tech like you, Technomancer!"
"First, I prefer Cyber-Punk. Second. Alright, fair enough. Let me see what's on the files then."
Zero clicked on the file named "Iron Scorpion" and it showed blueprints of a hight-tech APV. 
"Whoa... They look like the Tumblers from Batman. They were serious when they said they were gonna make those?!" 
"Afraid so. They plan on taking the war to us if the whole discreet thing gets thrown out the window."
"What's the other one?"
Zero clicked on it and it showed a prototype of what looked like a new form of high power, floor-mounted Radar.
"Radar?"
"Not Radar."
Zero scrolled through and revealed it's purpose.
"It's new tech being made to track us."
"What?!"
"The scientists say that Neo-Humans have a certain anomaly in them than can be tracked. It doesn't say here, but what it does say is that they're made from parts of the Hadron Collider under Texas."
Jim read a bit more and discovered that they are theorized to be just accurate enough to tell the general area and concentration of Neo-Humans in 3 mile radius.
"This is big..."
"Hell yeah, it is."
"But wait… If you're from Chicago, what're you doing here in Texas?"
"I left the rest of my team to find and recruit more. Figured the best place to start was near where the Hadron Collider that gave us our powers is. I've been gone for a while and when I heard some news about a cyborg in Arizona days ago, figured it was worth a shot to get as close as I can."
"But why did you stay here?"
"There's a lead here to the government and maybe even Brooks. And I need as much info on them as you do."
"What lead?”
"There's an underground Neo-Human Fighting Ring here. Run by the daughter of someone that used to work for the government. Which explains how she kept it under wraps. Whether she has info on Brooks or not, I need the info she has. And if you wanna join me..."
Zero handed Jim a ticket that had been made for the event.
"Fight is up in less than two days."
"Well, then..."
"I'll give you time to think about it. If you need me, I'll be here. And here's a little something extra."
Zero handed Jim the Limited Edition copy of Revolution Radio.
"Whoa..."
"Keep it and my offer in mind."
"I will."
Zero showed him out after Jim gathered his belongings.
"The Fighting Ring is under the horse racing track a few blocks from here. Just so you know."
"Alright."
"Consider my offer."
"I will."
Zero went back in as Jim crossed the road again and went back to Tracy, wondering what to do next.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.