- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This one took a while huh? It was just me and my editor getting sidetracked with life, damn life...But anyway, here it is!

Jim's head snapped back, some smelling salts right under his nose waking him up. He saw a young lady, around 20 years of age, green and purple highlights in her hair, a nose piercing, and wearing a green army jacket over a black shirt and shorts with torn leggings.

He tried moving, but his hands were tied together and his feet were duct taped to the legs of the chair he was sitting in. He also felt that his enhancers were off, so no way was he snapping out of his binds.

"Ow..." Jim said as he felt sore all over.

"So, how are ya?" The woman said.

"You’ve gotta be kidding me..."

"No kiddin' sweetness. Just you and me! If it was up to my dad I'd have bodyguards in here, but I convinced him I could take you."

"Okay Tank Girl, what do you want? Something along the lines of information? Because I don’t have anything you need."

"Oh, I ain't lookin' for info! I wanna see you fight!"

"Trust me, you're going down!"

"Oh, it ain't me you're gonna be fighting. You are gonna go in the pit and put on a show."

"And if I don't, you insane junkie bitch?"

"Then your friend gets it."

"Shit... Why make me fight? Not like I'm the biggest dude you have here."

"People demand new meat. And all the other fighters are kinda out on this next one... Dude is tearing them apart!" She said, laughing at the end.

"Great, caught by a high-off-her-tits junkie and she's giving me a one-way deal. You're gonna regret this."

"Hehehe, well... You are awfully cute. The whole semi-exotic thing is workin' OUT for ya!"

"Okay, now I know you're high..."

"Tell you what. I can change the future. There was a possibility that you'd agree to giving me some sweet lovin'! So..."

"Tell you what... I'll take that deal..." Jim said with a smile, and she began to smile as well. "And SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!"

Jim spat on her and had a, slightly creepy, wide grin on his face. Aiming to make her unsettled.

"That's it... Looks like you're gonna be beaten to death..." She said, looking at the spit on her shirt with a disappointed expression on her face.

"I'd rather do that. At least if I win or lose, I'll have my dignity. You're a vacuum of dignity."

She promptly slapped Jim so hard that he and the chair toppled over.

"Boys! Prep him to fight Chimera. I wanna see BLOOD!"

Two bouncers came in the room and lifted the chair back up with Jim still in it. He didn't even struggle as they dragged him out.

"You can dish it, but you can't take it huh? Typical." Jim said as he went out the door.

The woman just scoffed his remark off, and lit a joint.

"Damn... Alright smokey, show me what's to come..."

 

Zero was stuck in the room right next to the office, the room was full of strong lights and reflectors bombarding him and practicality frying him with the heat it was giving off. If he could knock the lights out he would, but both of his hands were handcuffed to a radiator.

With one eye closed, he was looking where Jim was while simultaneously thinking how could they have prepared for all this.

Seeing that Jim was being taken away, he decided to make his shadow leave him and slither away.

"Gotta find out how they're getting all this, there's no way they could've known about me or Jim beforehand..."

He kept maneuvering his shadow around the hall the best he could. Fortunately, due to his powers being partially nullified, his shadow wasn't as large and obvious as it would normally be under lower light conditions.

A few moments of slithering went by before Zero saw the woman through his shadow.

She was lying on the floor, looking at the ceiling, circling the air and smoke with her left hand and puffing what looked like a cigarette with her right.

She appeared to be saying something, but Zero couldn't hear through his shadows, so he had his shadow hide under her jacket. Knowing she was going to the office-like room eventually, he planned to lock the door behind her after finding a way out of his current situation, then hold her hostage after, to regain control of the situation and shut the place down.

 

"This whole thing you got going? It's gonna come crashing down soon enough…" Jim said calmly.

"Yeah, and I'm Chris Evans. Like you're gonna take down Chimera, let alone this whole place." The bouncer dragging him said with a smug chuckle.

"Trust me, Chimera is just another thug."

"Just so you're prepared, dude is undefeated, strong as fuck with skin as tough to match. You'll be lucky if you had every-"

"Bone in your body broken. How original. That threat has been used so much it lost all the threat. Just get me in the fight so I can win and take you all down."

"Your funeral."

They dragged him out the door back to where the crowd of people watching the fight were.

"Oh great, wonderful..."

Some of the audience saw him and gave him a few looks.

"That's right assholes! Don't bet on me! Wouldn't want your parent's money to go to waste!"

"You talk too much."

"I only talk like this when I'm around stupidity. And DAMN there's a lot of it here."

"Yeah, channel that inner crazy. You're gonna need it..."

The bouncer opened another door on the other side of the arena and dragged Jim in to prepare him for the fight.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, the fight will start in 7 minutes! Start prepping for betting, we'll show the fighters in a bit!"

The young woman turned off the microphone connected to the speaker system.

Still a bit high, she decided to clumsily walk to the chair and picked up one of Jim's arm enhancers.

"How the fuck does this work..."

She looked to the door where she ordered the bouncers to lock Zero in, she walked over and used the enhancer hand to knock.

"You awake yet, Mr Rider Ninja?" She said through the door.

"No." Zero said.

"Hehehehe, you're funny. But for real, how the flying fuck do your friend's Robocop arm… Things...How do these things work?"

"How should I know? Go ask him."

"Well I woulda, but the little prick spat on me, so I put him in the ring."

Zero decided to keep talking to her so he can squeeze more information out of her while he was spying on her through his shadow. Waiting for the right moment to break out.

"You know... I just have to know. How did you prepare for us? That guy, the lights, just… How?"

"Would you believe me if I said I was... Clairvoyant?"

"You don't strike me as that type. But considering my situation, I'm willing to believe in that."

"Well, considering I have your short friend's Iron Man hand, I don’t think that'd be the weirdest thing you've seen or heard."

"So... You're a Neo."

"Haha! You got it! Give this guy a Prize!"

"What's with the smell of weed then?"

"You can smell it from there? Dammit. Knew I shoulda had brownies instead... Well, since I know the future I guess I can tell ya! I can only see the future after I get a nice hit! The nice and mellow hit of Mary Jane can let me see glimpses of what's to come! I saw you and yer friend break in here before you arrived. So I prepared. And..."

"That's how you know the outcome of a fight... So the house always gets money while the people get their betting fix."

"Bingo! Smart cookie, ain't ya?" She said with a grin as she knocked on the door.

While she was distracted, Zero slithered his shadow out of her jacket and into a nearby corner unnoticed.

"So why make Cyber-Punk fight without his equipment? You know he won't be a popular choice."

"Hey, house has to sacrifice a few to keep the customers comin' back. So every now and then, you gotta have an obvious fight. I may have foresight, but even normal people can see he's gonna get DESTROYED!"

"I have faith he'll make it."

"Not from the glimpse I saw of him..."

"That's the thing about a glimpse... It doesn’t tell you the whole story..."

"Hey! I'm good! I got almost all my predictions right! The fact yer stuck there and I'm able to leave this room freely is proof to that!"

Just then, the door opened and the man in a suit came in.

"Roxanne..." He said with an angered expression. "Why are you touching the guy's fucking... Arm!?"

"Dad, don't ya wanna know how this works? Like how he made it?!"

"I know how exactly how it was made. This has Brooks written all over it! The moment I read her file and what she's ordering be done to people like you, I had to get away from her as fast as possible!"

"Fuck... Sorry daddy..."

"It's okay, Rox... So... You got the results for the fight with the new guy?"

"As usual, saw that Chimera threw him into a wall, at that point, I'm sure he'll win. Hell, even saw him grab the guy! That cyborg wannabe is as good as beat!"

"You sure? Last fight the house nearly lost because the fight came to a tie, not a win for Levi like you said."

"Dad, I'm not a hundred percent sure on this shit, ya know..."

"Which brings me to this... I was thinking that maybe marijuana isn't cutting it. Perhaps you can be more accurate if you took something... Stronger."

"Dad, I'm fine with weed. I may smoke pot a fuckload, but I know what meth does to people's body. I don't wanna be a skeleton with rotting skin!"

"Actually, that’s what Krokodil does. And I’m not talking about meth either... I'm suggesting... Heroin, maybe coke."

"Dad, I'm good. Business is fine with me just smoking pot."

"Yes, but we could always use more money. And! And... We can apply the, hopefully, more accurate predictions to other things! We'll be rich!"

"Just... Let me think about it, dad..."

"Okay, but I got dealers ready in case."

"Whatever dad, I'm going to watch the fight."

"I'll be waiting on that answer, Rox."

Roxanne left the office, absolutely disgusted at her father for even suggesting she take those drugs.

With Roxanne gone and her father distracted, Zero made his shadow slide under the door.

He made it slither up to his arm and started picking the keyholes on his cuffs.

"C'mon... Running out of time!"

 

Jim was shoved into the ring, striped to his jeans, tank top, and shoes. They were kind enough to give him some boxing wraps on his hands and forearms for the fight.

The crowd booed and laughed, despite having a mildly toned build, Jim was skinny compared to all the men they seen enter that pit.

"THAT'S RIGHT! ALL YOU FUCKERS ARE GONNA SHUT THE HELL UP WHEN I BEAT YOUR CHAMP!" Jim shouted to them, making the crowd want to see his demise even more.

The other side of the arena, as Jim's entrance closed with iron bars, the other side's entrance opened.

"Oh... Shit..." Jim said softly as he saw what he was up against.

Chimera, the reigning champion, was 8 feet tall, he was a wall of muscle with a strongman's physique, gray-green skin, patches of rough scaly skin around his shoulders, chest, back and neck, and a forehead with bone-like protrusions sprouting out just above the eyebrows and the bridge of his nose.

"Where the FUCK is Tracy?!" He yelled internally.

"So... You're what Rox scraped off the street huh? She ain't even trying no more!" Chimera said, confident and cocky.

"Bring your A-Game..." Jim said, more to himself than to Chimera.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" The crowd of excited watchers chanted.

An airhorn went off to signal the start of the round and Chimera charged at Jim!

He rolled to the side and dodged him just in time.

Jim saw the weapon racks and ran to it, quickly grabbing two short, metal fighting sticks.

Jim then started climbing up on the weapon rack and onto the metal dome that caged them in the pit.

"GET DOWN HERE, YOU FUCK!"

"Nope."

Jim knew he didn't stand a chance against him in a straight-up fight without his equipment, so stalling for time was all he could do till Tracy arrived.

Roxanne had seen this kind of thing happen in her time watching over fights, people agile enough to climb onto the cage thought they could stay on, but she had a way implemented to get them off.

The bouncers put on some rubber gloves and attached some jumper cables onto the cage then hooked it up to main power generator.

This was usually enough to shock the unlucky fighter to letting go, but not enough to do any lasting damage to them.

However to everyone's surprise, Jim still held onto the dome's iron bars!

"What the Hell?!"

Jim held on as if there wasn't any electricity flowing. With his feet touching the rim of the pit and his hands on the electrified bars, he should have been shocked back into the fight.

Some bouncers approached him as he hung just feet away from Chimera as he circled the pit, waiting for him to fall back in.

The bouncers tried to push and kick Jim back in but they received a shock the moment they put their hands on him.

"I'm... Shock-proof?" He thought, surprised at his new physiological curiosity.

But as he marveled at this new development, Chimera grew impatient and threw a wooden baseball bat at Jim, striking him dead-center in his back. He yelled out in pain while letting go of the bars and then fell back into the pit, dropping the fighting sticks as well.

"Now, better not pull that Shit again and FIGHT ME!"

"Fuck... Ow…" Jim said as he got back up, holding his back.

Chimera rammed him and slammed Jim into a wall, this nearly broke his back as Chimera then kicked him in the face against the wall.

Jim's forehead started to slowly bleed as the fight was going in Chimera's favour.

"Hahahahaha! Pathetic! Big Talk, but you're just a lightweight!"

Jim was burning with a rage, pulling from something deep inside for strength...

"Make fun... Of me... Again, and you'll… Regret it..." Jim said as he stammered back up on his feet.

"What? You think you're tough? Quit the big talk, you're bullshit! I'm not even trying!"

Jim picked up the metal sticks he dropped when he fell back in.

Chimera just watched has he hobbled along, picking up the metal fighting sticks.

"You good now? Got them twigs you're gonna fend me off with? Haha-Ha! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Jim's irises turned a dark, burning red as the rage and adrenaline numbed the pain he felt and he focused on one thing...

"I'm gonna beat this motherfucker to death..."

 

"Okay, here we are, I think..." Jeffery said to Tracy at the back of the truck.

"You think?" She questioned.

"Well- His last message says he's here! Or... More specifically in that place… But I don't get it, the place is closed now and if they're having a fight in there, I'm not hearing or see it."

"Ask around! You know, look for shady people that could know about it!"

"Okay..."

Jeff got out of the truck and started walking around, looking for anyone that can have information on where the fight was taking place.

That was when he spotted a guy counting his money while leaning against a pole.

He went back to the truck to open the back door and let Tracy out.

"You found someone?" She quietly asked.

"Yep. Gonna need you to back me up, he could be armed."

"Got it. So where is he?"

Jeffery walked to the side of the truck and pointed towards him at the light pole.

Tracy saw his position and formed a simple plan, this time she had quite a bit of leeway due to it being dark and no other people would see her.

"Okay, you distract and ask, I'll sneak up on him to back you up while you entertain him. And if things get bad, he's not gonna get a finger on you before I come in!"

"Solid. Let’s do it."

Jeffrey went ahead and Tracy watched until he was close enough for him to take the man's attention before following.

Jeff approached the man who, upon seeing him get close, stopped counting and pocketed his cash.

"Hey." Jeffrey said.

"Sup, what do you want?" The man replied.

"I was... Wondering where a... Uh... Fight was taking place?"

"Ooooh, want in? Where's yer ticket?"

"Well that's the thing, I don't have one. My friend left for the fight but I got left behind."

"No ticket? No problem! Just gimme 150 bucks and I'll show you the entrance."

"Shit man… Can't go any lower?"

"Nope. Fight's probably goin' on as we speak. So best pay up or get outta my face!"

"I got a better idea..." Jeffrey said as he grabbed the man's shoulders. "You're gonna let me in there now, for free, and you still get to eat with a full set of teeth..."

The man attempted to reach for a gun he kept hidden under his coat, but Jeffrey grabbed his arm and twisted it.

This was enough for Tracy to know she had to act, so she grabbed the man by the back of his coat and lifted him off the ground.

"H-HOLY SHI-"

Tracy shut his mouth as he flailed, the gun fell out of his coat from his erratic flailing and Jeffrey picked up the 9 millimeter Glock 17, and proceeded turn the safety on.

"Okay, so you gonna tell me now?" Jeffrey asked as he pocketed his gun.

"And you best be honest! We ain't in the mood for tricks!" Tracy said as she let go of his mouth.

"Okay! Okay! I'll lead you to the entrance! Just please don't tell anyone that I lead you there! Now let me go!"

Tracy dropped him and he fell onto the ground. As he got up, he got a look at Tracy looming intimidatingly above him.

"Shit man! What's with the giant B- B-Broad?" He stopped himself from calling her something that would have made her angry.

"Not important, now take us to the entrance!" Jeffrey demanded.

"Okay! But you'll want the fighter entrance with her! I'll take you there, just don't hurt me!"

"We won't as long as you don't fool around with us!" Tracy stated.

"And if you do? We'll come back for you after!" Jeffrey threatened.

The man nodded as he fearfully lead them to the fighter entrance.

 

Back in the fighting pit, Jim was dodging, rolling, and getting some hits on Chimera. But his thick hide was preventing him from doing any real damage.

"Just give up little man! You ain't takin' ME down!" Chimera said as he slashed at Jim.

He just managed to dodge that attack but it left a huge hole in Jim's black tank top.

"FUCK! Gotta take this guy out somehow! He's GOTTA obey SOME human anatomical..."

Jim's thoughts generated an idea on where to strike next.

Jim ran as far as he could, knowing Chimera would chase after him.

"Come Back Here!" He yelled.

Jim then suddenly turned around and started running towards him.

"Take this!" Jim yelled out.

He got down just as Chimera was about to strike and with the momentum he gained, slid underneath him and struck him hard in the groin.

He rapidly got up, expecting Chimera to be in pain, but was met with him just being more enraged.

Seeing this, he decided to go all out and give him all he had in a last-ditch effort to take down this goliath.

Jim ran up and jumped onto Chimera's knee to give him a boost before forcefully shoving the fighting stick in his left hand into the monstrous man's mouth, breaking some of his front teeth!

"Ooooooohhhh!" The audience exclaimed seeing the pain in Chimera's expression. As he stumbled back, Jim smacked him in the face with his remaining fighting stick with enough force to eject the contents of his mouth.

The bloodied metal rod, along with some sharp teeth and torn gums, landed on the floor with a splat with a small puddle of blood and saliva.

Chimera looked at Jim with an expression of pure rage and bloodlust.

"You... GONNA REGRET THAT YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

He ran up and kicked Jim so hard that the technopath went skidding across the pit and hitting the wall.

The audience cheered on as Jim was just squirming on the floor. Bloodied, battered, and bruised, he coughed and held his stomach, severely winded from that kick. His eyes faded back to blue as well as the adrenaline rush wore off.

Chimera walked slowly towards Jim as he lay there in pain, desperately trying to get up.

Up on the office room, Zero kicked the door to his room down with the handcuffs still hanging off his wrists.

Roxxanne's father tried to pull a gun on Zero, but the umbrakinetic threw his shadow at him after morphing it into a throwing knife. It hit and embedded itself in the arm of Zero's would-be attacker and caused the corrupt official to drop his revolver. Zero kicked the gun away, picked up the man and slammed his head against the glass so hard it cracked. Upon doing this, he saw Chimera grabbing Jim by the neck and showing off to the cheering crowd.

"Shit! End the Fight!"

"Ah! Fuck You!"

Zero made the show knife go deeper in his forearm.

"Ah! AAAHHH! AAAGGGHHH!"

"I can make it hurt. A LOT Worse! End It!"

"I CAN'T YOU PSYCHO! CHIMERA WON'T STOP TILL THEY'RE DOWN FOR GOOD! AGH!"

Zero slammed his head into the glass a second time in anger, enough to knock him out cold this time and put more cracks in the glass.

"Gotta help him!"

But as Zero retrieved his shadow, he saw something he never expected to witness.

 

"SHOULD I KILL HIM? OOOOR... LET HIM GO?" Chimera shouted to the people watching the fight.

"KILL HIM! KILL HIM! KILL HIM!" The ruthless and frenzied crowd chanted.

"So little man, any last words?"

"What's... The square root... Of 42?"

"What?"

"Square root of 42!"

"The fuck you talkin' about?"

Jim was completely out of ideas on how to buy time and resorted to confusion. Sadly, it could only stall for so long.

"Fuck it man, you want your tombstone to have something funny on it, I don't give a shit."

Chimera was just about to slam Jim into the ground when the iron bars of the fighter entryways were lifted up and a voice yelled out.

"STOP!"

Chimera stopped, and looked to where it came from. Tracy came though Chimera's entryway and stopped right in front of him. She was easily four feet taller than he was when she stood up straight.

"Let. Him. Go." She demanded with an expression of pure rage.

Chimera dropped Jim and punched her in the side of her stomach. Tracy winced a bit, but that only served to further anger the giantess, as she grabbed him by his shoulders and struck him in the chest with her knee before giving him a right hook, knocking him out immediately.

As chimera fell onto the ground with a thud, Zero and the crowds watching were in complete shock, stunned by the giantess knocking out the monster of a man in a mere two hits!

"T-Tracy?" Jim said, holding his chest in pain.

"You were gonna DIE! Why in the HELL did you NOT tell me about THIS?!" Tracy said to him, furious.

Jim was scared out of his mind from her sudden outburst, but knew exactly why she was so angry.

"I-I can explain! Just hold on... Not the place..."

"Yeah, that's why I'm bailin' you the HELL outta here!"

"Wait... I need my stuff..."

The window of the overseeing office shattered with a gunshot and the crowd below started running away and heading towards the exit, finally realizing this isn't part of the show anymore.

Zero grabbed Jim's enhancers and phone, then jumped out of the shattered window making a large shadow beanbag below him to break his fall.

The bouncers started coming out in force, closing in on him. More gunshots were heard but this time, bouncers were dropping to the ground and holding their bleeding legs.

Jeffrey closed in with his Smith & Wesson 327 M&P and the ticket man's 9 millimeter Glock 17 and wearing a bandana over his face.

"You Zero?" Jeffrey asked.

"Yeah... Who are you?"

"He sent me, now let's go! I'll cover you." Jeffery said, gesturing to Jim and Tracy in the pit.

Zero nodded as he and Jeffrey got out before more bouncers could arrive. Meanwhile, seeing Zero had Jim's things, Tracy lifted him up quickly and placed him in her right shoulder.

"He's got your shit and Jeff's leadin' him out. I'm getting you outta here, and then we talk, Hughes!"

"Shit... She's PISSED..." Jim thought as he was carried to the vehicle elevator used by the fighters.

Tracy put Jim on the corner of the elevator and waited for Jeffrey to get back.

"Come on! Get in the elevator!" Jeffrey told Zero as they neared it.

"I won't argue."

Once all four of them were inside the elevator, Jeffery frantically pressed the button to go up. Tracy shut the elevator's scissor gate and soon, just as more bouncers arrived, the elevator started moving, taking them away.

"Sorry guys... This... Didn’t go according to plan..." Jim said.

"Dude, it's okay. We just gotta take you to a hospital. You got fucked up really bad, man!" Jeff said.

"We can't!" Jim and Zero said, nearly at the same time.

"I'll take this Zero... We can't go to a hospital because it's going to take too long and the government is gonna overtake this place soon."

"How do you know that?" Jeff asked.

"They're after us after all, bunch of preppies running in the street WILL get their attention, and they'll talk..."

"Right, so we gotta get outta here... Anyways, I'm sorry this mission went downhill." Zero told him as he gave Jim his phone back.

"How were we supposed to know the daughter could predict the future? It's fi-"

"Ahem..." Tracy interrupted.

"Oh... Yeah, an explanation... Zero, this is Tracy... Uh... I didn't tell her I was out here with you... Or about you at all to her..."

"I knew you had secrets, but I never expected this. I'll explain when we-"

"No, I want Jim to explain when we get outta here. And I'd like it to be private. After he's gets some first-aid ‘course." Tracy stated.

"Understandable..." Zero said.

"I'll help him with first-aid when we-"

Before Jeffrey could finish, they reached the top and Tracy picked Jim back up and carried him out after Jeff and Zero got out.

Moments later, they ran out and away from the hidden fighting pit, then got back to the truck. Tracy opened the back door, got in with Jim, set him down and Jeffrey shut the doors behind them. After that, he unlocked the truck and got in the driver's seat with Zero, who was still holding Jim's enhancers, riding shotgun with him as he stepped on the accelerator and started driving out of the area.

 

Moments later, after they were a sufficient distance away from the casino horse track that housed the fighting pit, Jim was in the process of administering first-aid on himself, knowing Jeff was busy driving.

"So, care to explain now, Hughes?" Tracy asked with the most irritated and angry look on her face.

Jim took a deep breath and sighed.

"Okay... Well... In one of the times I went out, I met Zero. He was the guy running the music shop. Then he told me that he was a Neo and that he knew I was a Neo-Human too, but more importantly, he was here on an investigation on the government."

"And then?"

"And then he... Invited me to be his partner in the investigation. And I made sure I could trust him, and I went to Chicago and- Long story short, he's a leader of a team of Neo-Humans, showed me some info and documents that can change how the government will track, capture, and fight in the near future, and... I accepted to be part of the investigation that... Lead to where we were..."

"Okay... I ain't gonna be mad that you did all that Shit, but the thing I'm gonna complain about is that you didn't tell me a dang thing! Now why didn't you?"

"I... Was afraid that you'd want to come with me. I didn't know that I'd be fighting and the plan was just a simple interrogation but they ambushed us and caught us off guard... Then the sicko manager's daughter threw me in there with that monster guy! I didn't even... Know he was that... Tough." Jim realized that he had a heads-up all this time, but was too confident in what he could do.

"You know, if you had just told me, I woulda let you do all that! I know how important it is to know the enemy and stay ahead! I'M THE DAUGHTER OF A SOLDIER JIM!" Tracy shot up a foot taller in her emotional outburst and hit her head against the ceiling. "Ow! Shit! But you know why I'm REALLY mad? I saved you in the sandstorm! I carried you outta that shitheap and we worked together on things! Then you go and charge in without telling me because you think I'd wanna be thrown into the ring? I appreciate that you're looking out for me, but I'm here to help you too! I don't want you to treat me like some deadweight or dainty flower!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry..."

"I really appreciate that you look out for me, I really do. But you ended almost dying in the hands of that guy! And you kept this secret for a while, how can I trust someone that keeps important plans and information to themselves while I'm just left, not knowing I could do something to help until the last minute!" Tracy said, starting to tear up and grow a few more inches.

"I sorry! I... Just... Cared about you too much... I guess. Don't worry though... This should be the final stop for us. I'll take you home soon enough and that'll be the last you see of me... Probably." Jim said, sadly.

"Yeah... The sooner I get home, the better. So I can tell my mom about what's going on with me, and tell my boyfriend about all this too."

"Right... I promised that to you and I wasn't lying when I said I'll fulfill it..."

"I know... And after I tell them, I'll tell them I'll stay with you now on."

"Wait, WHAT?!"

 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.