- Text Size +

Jimmy woke up, having fallen asleep on his laptop again. It was a common occurrence, as he would spend hours playing games on it in his apartment. He massaged his head for a moment in an attempt to quell his headache.
"Do yourself a favor Jimmy. Don't fall asleep on your laptop", he thought to himself.
After he got up and drank his coffee, he felt better and went back to his laptop to search for any way of getting extra money.
He had dropped out of the 10th grade a year ago and had been jumping from gig to gig just getting enough money to survive each day. Just a couple of months ago he moved into a cheap apartment building with nothing but his laptop, a mattress, a fold-up chair and table, and a tube TV.
"What freelance jobs I can do today...?" , he asked himself as he sat down in front of his laptop looking through the search results while eating a leftover hamburger he had bought the day before.
"Crap, crap, crap, mega crap... Well... This looks good", he said.
He saw on the page that there was a need for a young man willing to take up tailoring in the nearby area. Jimmy didn't really want to admit it, but he was one of the best in sewing during his class days, in fact amongst all of his family members he was the only one that ever learned how to sew.
"Well, might as well use the sewing experience I have", Jimmy said as he sent his resume. He leaned back in his chair and then thought, "Wonder what Jeff's up to?" Jeff was his neighbor in the apartment directly above him. He was a large and tall young man of German and Irish mixed descent, about Jimmy's age, a very full beard and mustache, and somewhat of an outsider. They met when Jimmy moved into the apartment and he offered to help him out, they started talking and became fast friends.
"Maybe I can play on his Xbox if he's home." Jimmy put on a pair of jeans and a black tank top on and went up to Jeff's apartment. Once he was at the door he knocked a little.
"Jeff! You here buddy?"
The door opened to reveal the six foot, four inch tall man himself, it was hard to believe that they were the same age.
"Oh, Jim! 'Sup, man?", he asked in a jovial tone.
"I just applied for a job over the internet. A place a few blocks from here needs a tailor."
"You seriously just couldn't walk there?"
"I didn't fucking know that there was a tailor. Anyway, can I come in? I've got nothing to do and nobody's posted or uploaded anything."
"Sure. Come in."
Jimmy entered his apartment and it was much better than his, with a couch, a proper table, a nice TV, and an Xbox.
"Beat that boss yet?"
"No. Whenever I'm dodging one assassin, another one pulls me towards him with his telekinesis-type shit and slices my ass!"
"Need help?"
"Yes, please!"
Jeff turned on the console and TV and watched as Jimmy got hit like he did, however Jimmy exploited a glitch in the game to refill his health each time he went into the upgrade menu, and eventually defeated the boss.
"Dude, you cheated!"
"Hey, they forgot to patch it or some crap, so I might as well use it!"
"Fair enough. I mean, it's on a secondary playthrough to explore the alternative options anyway."
"Alright. Hey, can I ask you something?"
"Sure. What's up?"
"Do you think I'll ever get a life that's more... interesting? Everything has been so boring lately and we're supposed to be at our prime!"
"Hey. You'll get what's coming to you. You're a great guy!"
"That just so happened to dropout of high school and can't get a stable job."
"I'm sure your luck will turn around someday."
"Coming from a guy who's 1/3 Irish, that means a lot!"
"Oh, VERY funny."
They talked a bit more and drank a few sodas when Jeff noticed something.
"Oh. You start wearing contacts?"
"No. Why?"
"Then what's with your eyes?"
"Why? What's wrong with my eyes?"
"They're blue! You used to have brown eyes."
"Come on! You're bullshiting me!"
"No, I'm not. Look in the mirror!"
Jimmy got up and went to the bathroom and he soon saw himself in the mirror with blue eyes with silver rings at the inner irises next to the pupils.
"What the fuck? Uh... Dude... This is weird!"
"So no contact lenses?"
"No. I'm broke, how can I afford contacts?"
"Wait! Your eye color changed overnight? What did you do then?"
"I fell asleep on my laptop again! That's it!"
"Okay hold on..."
Jeff searched on his phone if what happened to Jimmy has an explanation.
"It says you might have "acquired heterochromia". You need to go to doctor because it's either acquired by injury or disease!"
"Can't I just leave this be? Because I kind of don't have the money for a doctor."
"You're seriously going to risk becoming blind?"
"Dude, I really don't have the cash in hand. I would go to the doctor if I could but, I couldn't even pay rent last month! Let alone a doctor!"
"Here."
Jeff reached into his wallet and handed $50 to Jimmy.
"Go see an opthamologist."
"Dude, I appreciate the offer but I can't accept that."
"Just take it."
"That's your money!"
"And I'm giving it to you so you can get your eyes checked."
"Dude, please. I feel fine!"
"Just take the fifty bucks."
"Jeff. It's fine! I don't have anything bad going on with my vision!"
"Still, take it. Please. You might regret this if you don't. Plus, if you're blind how can you work?"
Jimmy thought about what Jeff said.
"Well... It would make working harder... Okay. But I owe you! I'm paying you back for this!"
"Just please go to the eye doctor. Preferably now!"
"Alright, I'll go. There's one at the mall right?"
"Yeah, now here!"
He gave the money to Jimmy and asked him to go get his eyes checked immediately.
"Just tell me as soon as you get back. "
"Don't worry, you'll be the first to know. See ya later!"
"See you later, man!"
Jimmy walked out and got his black hoodie from his apartment and decided to head to the mall half a kilometer away.
While on his way there, he started thinking. "How does a guy have his eyes change color overnight? Soon before I know it my skin will be turning white and my hair will turn green!"
Unbenounced to him as he was passing by, people's cellphones started to flash blue light for a second before returning to normal as he walked farther away. For most people that noticed this they just shrugged it off.
Once Jimmy got to the mall he went straight to the opthamologist. 
"Hello!", said the woman in a lab coat. "Can I help you with anything sir?"
"Yeah. My friend thinks that I have acquired heterochromia and I think he's right since my eyes used to be brown but now they're blue, see?"
"Huh... I see... when did you notice your eyes starting to change color?"
"They changed color overnight."
"Overnight? Have you done anything that might damage your eyes?"
"No, just stayed up late in front of my laptop then this morning I had a headache."
"Alright."
"So is this bad?"
"I'm going to have to look at your eyes much closer and more detailed in order to get an idea. Please follow me."
Jimmy was led into a room with a special camera that took extremely close-up and detailed pictures of irises.
He sat down put his chin on the pad and let the doctor picture his eyes.
After the images were printed out and the doctor examined them, she came back to Jimmy whom was waiting on a bench.
"So, got an idea doctor?", he asked.
"Well you don't have any diseases affecting your iris, however there is something very strange..."
"What is it?"
"So, the silver part of your eyes seem to be, for lack of a better word, artificial-looking. I can't quite explain it but your irises are extraordinary!"
"Can I see?"
The doctor gave him one of the prints and Jimmy looked closely at it to see that part of his iris resembled a camera.
"Good god... Hey, can I keep these?"
"Of course, sir."
"Thanks."
After he paid the opthamologist he went back to his apartment building.
"I gotta show Jeff!"
He went up to Jeff's apartment and knocked on his door.
"Jeff! I got something to show you!"
The door opened and Jeff was holding a can of soda in his hand.
"What is it?", he asked before taking a sip.
"This is gonna seem weird, but look at this."
Jimmy took the image out of the brown envelope and gave it to Jeff.
"Pretty nice. Did you print this out or something? It's awesome."
"No! That's my eye! They said it was strange because part of it looks artificial or something."
"Waaaiiit, what? This cannot be your eye! It looks Photoshopped! Good Photoshopped but, still..."
"Come on, look at my eye closely."
Jeff did as Jimmy said and saw that his eye seemed to be emitting some kind of glow.
"Woah! What the hell is going on with you?"
"I don't know, but something doesn't feel right."
"Well, you want to sit down and relax?"
"Yeah."
Jimmy turned on Jeff's TV and the news was up.
"It seems that more and more people are reporting very strange disturbances around the country, with a steady increase for the past few months. From electricity surges, fireballs, to running neon lights, people are beginning to wonder: what exactly is the cause of all of this?", the reporter said on the TV.
"You don't think that this is all somehow connected, right?"
"With your eyes and all that stuff... I don't know."
Just as Jeff stopped talking, his TV started flashing blue light and the audio was gone.
Jimmy jumped off the couch and stepped away from it slowly.
"Holy fuck! What the hell is going on?!"
"It's not supposed to do that..."
Jeff tried to flip the channels but it was all the same, Jimmy checked his phone but the same thing was happening in his phone. 
"Jeff, check your phone."
"Why?"
"Just do it!"
As he looked at his phone it was still flashing blue light just like the TV and Jimmy's phone.
"What the fuck?!"
"Wait... Let me try something..."
Jimmy went outside of the apartment, much to Jeff's surprise, then Jimmy went all the way outside the building.
When Jim was outside the building, Jeff's TV was back to normal along with this phone. Then they began to malfunction again as Jimmy got closer to the apartment, and were back to the same state they were when Jimmy came back in.
"So?" Jimmy asked
"I-I don't understand... how were you able to do that?"
"I knew it! There's something wrong with me!"
"Dude! Calm down! I'm sure there's a logical explanation!"
"Yeah, the logical explanation being me having some sort of disrupter field or some shit!"
"This is weird..."
"Jeff... I have a very bad feeling about this..."
"Come on, it's okay, man. I'll get you back to your apartment. And we can talk things through."
"No... you've done enough for me today. I'll just think this through myself."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah. Don't worry, you'll be the first to know if I think of anything."
"Okay... But remember, I'm always here for you. You just gotta come upstairs, and we can talk if you want."
"I know."
Jimmy suddenly felt a huge migraine so intense that he fell down on one knee from the pain.
"Jimmy! You Okay?"
Suddenly all electronic divices within the building shutdown and Jimmy passed out on the floor.
"Oh shit!"
Jeff picked up his friend with some effort, then carried him inside and put him on the couch.
Hours later the power came back on and Jimmy woke up and groaned loudly before saying, "Shit! Head feels like a bus ran over me!"
"Jimmy! Careful man! You okay?"
"Yeah... What time is it?"
"5 in the evening."
"Okay... What the absolute fuck happened?"
"You passed out and all the lights went out. I managed to convince anyone that was asking me that it was just a short circuit downstairs."
"Okay. That's it, I need to go!"
"Go where?"
"Anywhere but here! Things are freaking out and I think it's me that's causing it."
"Think about this! You're not thinking clearly!"
"I'm sure about this Jeff! If this weird stuff keeps happening people are gonna notice! Then before you know it it's gonna be a goddamn madhouse!"
"Please think about this!"
"Jeff... You've been a great friend these few months but that's why you can't get caught up in this."
"Jimmy..."
"Trust me. If there's anything that you need to know, I'll tell you somehow. But I have an insanely bad feeling about this, and I would regret it for the rest of my life if anything happened to anyone I know. I'm sorry."
Jimmy went out of Jeff's apartment and headed down into his and immediately started packing up his things.
Jeff was stunned to say the least when Jimmy said all that and decided to give him some time to calm down before talking to Jimmy again.
Meanwhile, Jimmy packed up all his clothes and was going to start packing up the few items he had left when his phone rang. He checked to his phone and saw that his mom was calling. She made sure to call her son everyday to know if he was alright and to offer help if Jimmy needed it.
"Hello? Hi, Mom."
"Hi my son! How are you? I couldn't call earlier, is something wrong?"
"Uh... No... It's all good! Just forgot to charge my phone."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah."
Jimmy didn't want his mother to find out about this and worry about him, the last thing he needed was her having a heart attack.
Unbeknownst to Jimmy, some men came in the building dressed as electrical maintenance and started emptying the building of it's residence.
One of the knocked on Jeff's door.
"Probably Jimmy." He thought
As he opened the door he was greeted by a man in a blue jumpsuit carrying a large toolbox. He asked, "Oh. Can I help you sir?"
"Evening sir! We're here to take a look at the electrical problem that you and your neighbors experienced earlier", he said in a professional tone.
"Okay... What do you need to do?"
"Well we're going to have to ask you to leave the premises of the building."
"Why...?"
"From the nature of the power outage, we have absolutely no idea where it started or what the cause is, so we need to search the entire building in order to know what caused it, and if we can fix it so that it won't happen again."
Jeff knew that whatever caused the power outage was connected with Jimmy, but he chose to remain silent and comply with the man.
"Okay. Let me just get my..."
"No need for that sir, more of my boys are going to start searching the other apartments so we'll only be here for a moment."
"Okay..."
Jeff begrudgingly left his apartment and went out of the building.
"Better look for Jimmy." He thought while going down.
While people were going out a man holding an EMP scanner and was secretly scanning people as they walked by. After they were all scanned the man entered the building.
Everyone was quickly out of the building except for Jimmy however the men in jumpsuits started to take them off revealing bulletproof vests and when they opened their toolboxes, they took out M4 assault rifles loaded with rubber bullets, along with tasers and riot shotguns loaded with riot suppression beanbag rounds.
"Where's the scanner?", one of them quietly asked.
"Here", the man that was scanning people said as he came up to the door.
He turned on the device and it detected a powerful yet isolated EMP was detected.
"EMP detected. It's here."
"Alright. Target is to be taken alive."
"Alright mom. Bye", Jimmy nervously said.
"Bye son!", his mother lovingly replied.
Jimmy tapped a button on his cellphone to end the call, then looked around with the phone in hand and noticed that his laptop was still on.
"Huh... How did this..."
Suddenly the team opened the door and ran in surrounding Jimmy quickly.
He dropped his phone from the shock and it slid unnoticed under the table as the team entered and pointed their weapons at Jimmy.
"Get down on the ground!"
"What the fuck?!"
"I said get down!"
From the shock he stepped back and unintentionally placed his hand of the screen of his laptop.
Suddenly the screen filled with blue light, and then Jimmy found himself being pulled into the screen. Soon his entire body was consumed in blue light and he was sucked in.
In less than a second he was gone and the men were left confused.
"Uuuhhh... Base... This is "Nightcap" team 6, we have encountered a problem. Target has vanished. I repeat target has vanished. Over", one said into his radio.
"Nightcap 6, this is Base. How did the Target vanish?"
"Target... Vanished into a... Computer screen. Uh... Over."
"Take the computer and head back for debriefing."
"Roger that."
As the team packed up their equipment and put on their disguises, Jeff became concerned when he couldn't find his friend.
When the team exited and told everyone they can come back inside, Jeff went to Jimmy's apartment to check if he was still there.
The door was locked but Jimmy told Jeff about a spare key he had on a piece of velcro he had placed on the bottom left side of the doorframe.
He bent down, got the key, and unlocked the door, poking his head inside.
"Jimmy? You still here?"
But no one replied. He looked around and entered Jimmy's bedroom to see his travel bag on the mattress.
"He wouldn't pack his stuff and not leave with it", he thought.
Just then, he heard Jimmy's phone. He looked for it and saw the faint glow under the table in the small living room and squatted down and reached underneath the table to get it.
"Why would he leave this?" He said.
He knew that something was wrong, but things didn't really add up and he couldn't make sense of it, so Jeff decided to keep Jimmy's stuff for now. He did wonder why his laptop was gone though.

Jimmy was panicking. His entire body was glowing pixels vaguely resembling a human form, but he gradually became more and more like how he was before.
"Holy fucking shit! What the flying fuck?!", he yelled out.
"I-I-I'm having an episode! I'm in shock and I'm dreaming this up!", he exclaimed as he paced around the area.
However as everything remained quiet around him he felt extremely unsettled.
He looked around and saw that he was floating in binary code and there was a large tunnel leading somewhere. 
He was scared out of his mind as everything started changing around him and he started recognizing some of the items around him as they appeared.
"Wha... Th-that's my... All of my social media site stuff... I'm... I'm inside my laptop!"
Jimmy tried to make sense of his situation, but couldn't think of anything that explained what was happening.
"How the fuck did I get in here?!" He yelled once more.
"I need to find out more..."
He looked at the tunnel and thought that it must lead the internet. But just before he went in there, he remembered the men that barged into his apartment.
"They must want something with me... I should delete everything here first! But how will I do it?"
He thought of pressing the option to delete everything on the hard drive, and it was highlighted as Jimmy went towards it.
He somewhat begrudgingly proceeded to make the computer delete its hard drive.
"This is so weird... am I going to be here forever!?", he asked himself fearfully as he went back into the tunnel. 
As he entered the tunnel, the entrance just behind him shut and the wall pushed him extremely fast towards the end. He felt like an astronaut testing G-forces with how fast it was going, then he came to a sudden stop. When Jimmy finally settled and opened his eyes he saw an enormous, intricate web that was the internet.
He was still in a tunnel which he assumed was a path for information to travel between sites.
"How the hell am I breathing?! T-This is impossible!"
His questioning was put aside as he was bombarded with data traveling at breakneck speeds.
The best thing that Jimmy could do was hold on for dear life as he was swept away and brought millions of miles across the web.
"GET ME OFF OF THIS THING!!!"
Then the data stopped as if to obey his command. Surprisingly inertia didn't seem to exist, as he was still on the data despite the abrupt stop.
"I wanna get out of here... Please!"
The tunnel warped and created a new passage, to which Jimmy immediately went into.
He arrived at a news site, evident from the news articles and images floating around.
"Not exactly what I meant but... okay."
He decided that since he was there, he would search up any information with any regards to his current status.
He looked around and came across multiple articles.
"Murderous clown on the streets, fake doctor... Oh god, this guy again?"
He came across a positive article about a candidate running for president.
"Because never mind the racism on that guy, look at his terrible hair!" Jimmy said sarcastically.
He decided to delete the entire article and he proceeded to look further.
"Wait... I think this could be it!"
He read an article dated about three months ago about a new conspiracy theory.
" 'Could They be Hiding Super Weapons?'
Multiple theories suggests that the government are conducting top secret experiments and are responsible for the disappearances of multiple missing people. Allegations were of course denied, but some evidence has surfaced.
A few accounts of people reporting bizarre occurrences in and around the state of Texas have surfaced. However, these have not been confirmed and the government denies any interaction or relation."
The article continues with the reports of multiple civilians that have seen unexplainable sights.
"Supersonic booms, small craters, trails burnt into the ground, this all started 3 months ago? Great Christ", Jimmy thought as he read.
"The government denies accusations but I know better than to trust them when this kind of stuff happening... maybe if I can find a government computer or something I could find out more!"
He tried making a direct link to any government network, but nothing came into sight.
"I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, or how this works."
But then something came to mind.
"This is Top Secret information they're keeping from people, it's definitely going to be protected. To make sure I can get the information I want, I need to learn how to hack systems." Jimmy thought.
"And if the internet has ever taught me anything, white hat hackers are the people to see... But black hat hackers are easier to find..."
Jimmy decided to just begin the search and take all of the information out of whichever one he found.
He exited the news site and thought about where to go next. However, as he wandered, he remembered the friend he left behind.
"Jeff's gonna to wonder where I am... I should probably send him something to assure him I'm okay. Well... kinda", he thought as he looked down at his legs, noticing his pixellated body.
He thought on how to accomplish this and after a few seconds he had an idea.

Half an hour after Jimmy disappeared Jeff was at his apartment, saddened that is friend left without so much as a goodbye. However he knew that something was off because Jimmy didn't bring most of his belongings with him. He didn't want to assume that something bad happened Jimmy but his mind would drift to those thoughts unintentionally.
"What could've happened? Why'd he leave his phone? Was there some kind of accident?" Those questions and more entered his mind as he sat down on the couch.
Then his phone lit up, when Jeff looked at his phone and saw that he had received an email from an address he didn't know.
"From... MuricanIdiot06 ? Who the hell is that?"
He opened up the email and there was a video link, he tapped on it and loaded the video.
It was an extremely edited video with seemingly random cuts from many different sources. 
At first Jeff thought it was a prank however as the video went on it started to convey something to him.
"Slow- DOWN!- there...- Jeff-"
The video said it so fast that he could just barely hear it, however once he did he decided to slow down the video.
As he slowed it down and played it, he noticed that there were symbols flashing in between the cuts, he slowed it down even further until he could clearly see the symbols which turned out to be letters.
"What the... Letters? I gotta get paper for this!"
Each cut had two letters in between, and as soon as Jeff saw it, he paused the video in order to write down the letters.
By the end of the video, he had a seemingly random collection of letters.
"QVUURNLPZBWLMGGIFHGGSVT-NVM"
"What the fuck?", he said out loud. "The Hell does this mean?"
He wanted to dismiss the letters as nothing but a prank, but something at the back of his head told him that this has meaning to it.
"I'm the first one that viewed it, and it told me to slow down, there must be something in this..." He thought.

"Hope he got it in time..." Jimmy worryingly said. "If I know TV shows the government is going to come knocking on his door before he knows it!"
It had taken him his equivalent of six hours to create the video, make a new email address, and send it to him.
"Now... How do I find a hacker?"
Jimmy tried to get himself into CIA or NSA systems but, as expected, firewalls blocked his way. They were like force fields to Jimmy in his state, and no matter what he did, he couldn't get past it.
"So close! So fucking close to the truth!"
Just when he was about to give up he saw a tunnel link itself to the CIA system.
"It's the only shot I got now!" He thought as he went towards the source.
As he got closer, Jimmy saw that it was an enormous black cube making more and more connections to systems and sites. At first Jimmy couldn't get in because another firewall was protecting it and he tried to find another way in but, half an hour later, the firewall was disabled and he immediately went inside.
"Whoa..." Jimmy said, shocked "Those are a lot of files to read..."
He saw thousands of files that had information, programs, and techniques in hacking right in front of him. The computer he was in was a recently confiscated PC from a black hat hacker that managed to hack into CIA and NSA systems days before, a white hat was tasked by the CIA to see how he did it using the PC. Unbeknownst to the hacker, Jimmy was reading all the files as fast as he could and was learning just as quickly.
Jimmy pondered on why he didn't need to eat or sleep while he was in the computer, but he decided that answers will come once he could infiltrate the CIA computers.
Nearly a day had passed for Jimmy, but only about two hours had passed in reality. 
"Holy fuck! It's done! Thank fucking God!" he said, relieved that he could finally get the information he needed.
Jimmy went back to the firewall to test his new skills. 
"I've wasted enough time already!" he thought as he touched the firewall.
He ran a program in just a thought to get passed it.
"Come on! This needs to work!"
Soon the wall blocking his way was bending and a hole was created. He had now entered the system!
"A day of learning programing and hacking FINALLY paid off!" he said, relieved that it wasn't all for nothing.
He quickly made this way into the confidential files, all of which containing hundreds of top secret files. After going through enough files to confirm, disconfirm, and create hundreds of conspiracy theories, he finally came across something that was relevant to his situation.
"Top Secret: LHC Incident Aftermath.
The second LHC or Large Hadron Collider, in Texas has caused some unforeseen, yet potentially extremely dangerous, side effects.
The effects of testing the Collider while the first one in Europe is still operational has caused matter and energy to change 10 to 15% of the population of the Earth.
Changes include, but I not limited to: 
Superior strength enhancement in humans.
Speed enhancement in humans capable of breaking the sound barrier.
Extraordinary polymath.
Telepathy.
Invulnerability.
And more people with new capabilities are being revealed regularly."
Jimmy felt his blood run cold from what he read.
"That was what they were hiding from everyone?! Motherfuckers! What else is in here?!"
Soon he saw video and audio files associated with the document. They were from the NSA and had hundreds, maybe thousands of hours of recorded data.
Some of the videos that he saw were popular videos that he watched online. Like most people, he thought it was only a hoax, however seeing all of this footage changed his mind.
"It's not just here either! All over the damn planet people are turning up! United Kingdom, Singapore, The Philippines, everywhere! This is fucking insane!"
Jimmy frantically searched for more files that were connected in any way to this, his interest piqued when he had stumbled across a folder entitled "Facilities".
When he opened it there were total of 30 files, each of them corresponding to a different facility somewhere in the country.
Most them had started construction a month ago and were still not finished, however one particular facility was merely undergoing the process of upgrading.
"Alcatraz Island
Military construction had begun months before the incident occurred.
Original purpose was for experimental weapons research and development.
Repurposed and renovated as per orders of General Brooks.
Now it is to be used as a holding cell for empowered individuals, and will primarily research on "Ability Transfusion" like the facilities in Nevada and Kentucky.
Weapons research will now be it's secondary objective.
Drone delivery of some experimental technology to the facility is scheduled to arrive at 1100 hours.
Currently holds four highly dangerous subjects."
Jimmy immediately looked at the files for the Nevada and Kentucky facilities. After he found them, some videos were attached to the file and when he played them he saw ghastly tests being conducted, some were forced to show their powers at gunpoint, for others special shock bands were placed at their necks and arms as precaution, and in some extreme cases, some were placed in a medically induced coma to research their bodies.
Jimmy was horrified from what he saw, he felt he's seen enough to give him nightmares for the next month or so.
He left the system and wanted to leave his current state so he chose a random computer to try to exit from if he could. He prepared himself and said, "Kay. Here we go!" He then vanished, making his way back into the real world.

"Then I got back to the real world, found out that only a couple of hours had passed, and made a plan to get these things and break you and the others out, then you know how it went", said Jimmy as he finally finished his story.
"Wow... You've been through a lot. But why did you risk your life to save us? You coulda hightailed outta here and left us, why save people you've never even met before?", Tracy questioned, curious in Jimmy's motives.
"After everything that I've seen, I felt scared, and when I actually thought about me being tested on like that, it terrified me. Knowing that you guys were captured and were about to be tested on, it felt... wrong, wrong to even consider leaving when I knew I could do something! So, I finally did something good with my life."
"Did somethin' good with your life?"
"Well... I haven't told you everything about me. Breaking you guys out was the most stressful yet most exciting thing I've done."
"Uh... breaking folks out of Alcatraz would prolly be the most stressful thing in anyone's life, but I'm glad you did. Thanks again Jim, there ain't that many people like you around nowadays." 
"Heh... uh... Thanks!", Jimmy said as he blushed slightly.
Tracy yawned and realized that it must've been well past midnight. 
"Really getting late, I ain't used to being up at this hour. Mind if I hit the hay?"
"Sure, we can think on how we're going to travel tomorrow."
"Okay. Nighty-night Jimmy."
"Are you sure you can just sleep on the floor? There must be something I can get outside."
"Nah, you've done enough. Besides, I can... *yawn* sleep through anything... at this point."
"Okay then. Just tell me if you need anything."
"A'ight."
Tracy laid down on the concrete floor, put her head in her hands, and in just a few short minutes fell asleep.
Jimmy also tried to sleep but for some reason couldn't, no matter how hard he tried.
He stood up and decided to fiddle around with the enhancers but noticed Tracy shaking slightly.
"Must be cold." he thought.
Tracy was just wearing a large white shirt, a large pair of camo pattern pants, and extremely large flip-flops that all looked hastily made.
Jimmy took off his black hoodie and placed it on her shoulder.
"Not much but at least it's something."
As Jimmy started to tinker to pass the time, Tracy pulled Jimmy's hoodie to cover as much of herself as it could and smiled.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.