- Text Size +

Late in the morning at an abandoned warehouse, Tracy was beginning to wake up from her less than comfortable sleep. After forcing herself to open her eyes, she saw something black underneath her breast. Her vision adjusted moments later and she recognized it as the sleeve of Jimmy's hoodie. 
"Oh Shit! Jimmy!" She yelled loudly as she sat up.
She thought that she had crushed Jimmy underneath her body in her sleep! 
Jimmy came running towards her when she yelled. He was wearing a black tank top and one of the limb enhancers on his right arm.
"Tracy!? What is it?!", he asked with an electric charge ready.
"Jimmy?! But I thought you were..." Tracy said as she lifted up the black hoodie, realizing that it wasn't him. 
Her face went red with embarrassment as she realized her mistake.
"Oh... uh... Sorry 'bout that! Uh, this must be yours” She said as she shyly handed over Jimmy's hoodie.
"Yeah... Thanks..." He said as he took it from her hand.
"Anyway... W-what's the plan Jim?"
"I've been thinking. Since we can't take public transport for obvious reasons, I'm going to go out and buy a car!"
"Good idea, but how about me? Pretty sure people are going to be suspicious 'bout someone that's taller than Shaquille O'Neal."
"Which is why you're staying here."
"Wait! I don't wanna be left alone here!"
"I know... I would bring you along if I could but... Like you said, you’re kind of obvious."
“Well… It is hard to hide me. But what do I do 'til you come back?"
"Just wait, I guess. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can."
But before Tracy could say something, her stomach did it for her as a loud grumble reverberated from her midsection.
"Okay... maybe I'll go get some food, come back, then I'll leave for a car after."
"Good idea, I'm starvin'!"
"There should be a few bakeries nearby, and I still have my cut of the money I got from the ATM. In the meantime, just... Ah, I'll be back!" He said as he took off the enhancer and put on his hoodie.
"Thank ya Jim! And please hurry!"
"I will!"
As Jimmy left the warehouse to get some much needed food, Tracy laid down and looked at the ceiling.
"Wonder what's been happening back at home?" She thought to herself.
"My family must be worried sick! I've been gone for days now!
My Ma, Grampa, Gramma, my friends back there... and what about Samson? He must be out of the hospital by now! Then when he comes back I'm missing!" Soon her thoughts came to how her loved ones will react to her new physical appearance.
"I never thought them growth spurts I was having would have me ending up this big! Hope Sam doesn't mind me being taller than him... I wonder if I ever have to go gigantic again? Hopefully I won't, last time I did was fuckin' terrifyin'!"
She thought about the night her powers manifested, she had snuck out of her house to walk and relax on an open field. Tracy was always fond of the outdoors, especially at night, the stars in the sky, the cool air blowing in her hair, and the calming silence that allowed her to think.
For a couple of weeks before that night, Tracy had grown much taller, as she was originally 5 feet and 8 inches tall, however after two weeks, she was just an inch below her boyfriend Samson's height of 6 foot 3. Most of her family and friends thought that it was just a late growth spurt, but it was also very strange as to why she was getting so tall so fast without any growing pains.
After leaving her house in a pair of denim jeans, a pair of black cowboy boots, and an olive-green jacket, she walked for almost an hour through the field.
"Wonder when Samson's going to visit me again." she thought then. "I told him not to go up that ladder to get to my room, but that idiot didn't listen..."
As she thought about her boyfriend, she felt something strange in her body. At first it was like a pleasant stretching sensation, but it gradually became more uncomfortable as time went on. She was concerned and tried to walk back home but then she felt like all her muscles had just had an extremely demanding workout and she collapsed.
Unbeknownst to her, the Nightcaps were on undercover patrol.

Because the second Large Hadron Collider was located underneath Texas, it and all surrounding states were the first areas to get these patrols.
Two undercover Nightcaps were driving when they noticed Tracy trying to crawl back to the road. They stopped and got out to investigate.
Tracy was relieved, but still in pain.
"Please... c-can you p-please... take me to... to the hospital?" Tracy asked as she got on her knees.
"What happened to you miss?" One of them asked her as the other one put on an earpiece.
"I... was walking when-"
But before she could finish her sentence Tracy started growing rapidly, quickly going from her 6 foot stature to 10 feet. The growing was extremely painful at first, but she didn't stop. Soon she was 15 feet tall. Her clothes ripped off of her body at 20 feet and when she saw what was happening to her she covered herself with her arms and screamed.
"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?!?"
"Holy shit! Bring out the tranquilizers!"
As the man's partner went to open the trunk, while contacting his base with the earpiece.
"Base! This is patrol 32, we have a potentially dangerous target at our location! Send available backup and a large transport trailer ASAP!"
Once he got the truck open he took two tranquilizer rifles and threw one to his partner.
Tracy tried to force herself to stop growing, but only managed to slow down her growth by just a fraction. She was 40 feet tall at this point and still growing fast.
"Miss... y-you’re coming with us!" the man said, very scared of the enormous growing woman in front of him.
"PLEASE HELP ME!!"
Tracy's muscles were on fire as she had another surge of growth, rocketing her up to 75 feet.
"Calm down miss. Or we will be forced to make you calm down!" said the other man, obviously being the more professional of the two.
"Okay... calming down..." Tracy said in between her panicked breathing.
She managed stop her growth when she was over a hundred feet in height. She felt her muscles relax and the burning feeling had gone away, but she was so scared that she started crying. Everything was so small around her, and she was so high up that she was experiencing vertigo.
"Okay miss, just wait here. Don't do anything, and nobody has to get hurt."
The man's partner was shaking, he had been debriefed about the existence of these kinds of people, but he has never actually seen one up close and personal, let alone someone with Tracy's ability.
"Wait... I think I can..."
She thought about going back to her normal size, at first to no avail. However, slowly, she started to shrink down.
Inch by inch she was beginning get closer to the ground, much to her relief.
After a few minutes of watching her shrink, Tracy was down to a smaller, but still towering, 9 feet tall.
The men still had their tranquilizer guns trained on her as Tracy stood up. When she took a step towards the men, the nervous one accidentally pulled the trigger and shot Tracy with a dose that could incapacitate a grizzly bear into her shoulder.
"Agh! You... You.... shot... me..."
Tracy took another step but the tranquilizers quickly rendered her incapacitated as she fell to the ground.
The last thing she heard before blacking out was the two men yelling at each other and more vehicles arriving.

"That was a nightmare!" Tracy thought as she remembered that awful night.
"If I ever have to experience that again, it'll be too soon! I really hope Jim can get me back home! He's all I got now..."
Just as she finished her thoughts, her stomach growled loudly again.
"Where is he by now?"

After leaving the warehouse, Jimmy jogged around to find a place that sold food.
After few minutes of searching, he found a bakery that had lots of goods to choose from.
He walked in and was greeted by the woman behind the counter.
"Can I get you anything?"
"Yeah... I'm gonna need a dozen large breakfast muffins, a dozen bagels, and 6 cups of coffee, to go please."
"Whoa! That's a lot! I highly doubt that you're eating this all you by yourself."
"I'm buying for... some friends."
"Understandable, not that many people want to go out today." The woman said as she was getting Jimmy's order.
"Why is that?"
"Haven't heard? Some people heard some commotion going on at Alcatraz Island."
"Really?" Jimmy said, curious yet slightly nervous. "What kind of commotion?"
"I haven't seen it myself, but people are saying that the government is doing a lot more to Alcatraz than making a disease research facility. Choppers were flying to and from the island last night. Some people are even saying that they saw Soldiers with guns from their telescopes when they were looking on the island last night, but I just think that's a bunch of bull."
"Yeah... Right..."
"So how do you want your coffee?"
"Four of them... uh... large mochas? Then the other two medium iced, please."
"Alright, must have a lot of friends for you to order this much. They must really like their mocha!"
"To be honest, I kinda left without asking what she wanted."
"Wait "she"? you meant to say "them" right?"
"Oops... uh... Yeah! That's what I meant, it's just that they're all... girls that's all!"
"Ooh. Any of them your girlfriend bright eyes?"
"No..."
"Got Friendzoned?"
"No!"
"So it's complicated?"
"Yeah, like you wouldn't imagine..."
"I've been there before. This guy I was seeing would always help me out on anything that I would ask him to do, then when I texted him that I had a crush on him he just continued as normal. I would talk to him and he wouldn't mention it but... I always felt weird around him since then”, she explained as she made the coffee.
"What's your name?" Jimmy asked.
"Michelle"
"Listen Michelle, whoever this guy is he's probably terrified to say anything out of fear of messing up. I've had... similar experiences. So the best thing you can do is begin the conversation and talk to him about it, do it before he thinks he's a total idiot for not doing anything because he was nervous!"
"Whoa... That's... some good insight on how he might feel."
"I've been through a lot..."
"Well, I don’t doubt it... Anyway, here's your order." Michelle said as she handed over two large paper bags and the coffee.
"Thanks. What's the damage?"
"$58.80"
"Here you go." Jimmy handed her a one hundred dollar bill. "Keep the change, consider it my tip.”
“Wow! Thanks!”
"You’re welcome!"
Michelle got the change and put it in her tip jar. Then she realized she didn't catch his name, but Jimmy had already left the store to get back to the warehouse.
"Hmm. Nice guy!" She said with a smile on her face.
Fifteen minutes later, a man wearing sunglasses and a suit came in.
"Espresso, please", he said.
"Coming right up, sir.” Michelle responded.
As she prepared his coffee, he opened his briefcase to show something to Michelle. The man gave her a sketch of someone that looked like Jimmy.
"Miss, have you seen this man?"

"Tracy?" Jimmy asked as he entered the warehouse.
Tracy sat up and looked down at Jimmy holding cups of coffee in one hand and two bags of what she assumed was food in the other.
"Thank the Lord! What’d ya get me?"
"Some breakfast muffins, bagels, and… Mocha. Is that okay? Sorry I left before asking what you wanted."
"It's fine. Besides, everything you got me sounds delicious!"
"I got a dozen of each so it should be good enough."
"Are you sayin' I'm fat?!" Tracy said in a serious tone.
"No! Your body is fine! Uh... not that I... Not that... You know... ah fuck!"
Jimmy pulled his hood over his face in a feeble attempt to hide his embarrassment. Tracy just laughed at Jimmy getting flustered. It was funny to see her "savior" being so awkward with her, and a laugh was just what she needed after everything that's happened.
"Don't worry, I was just messin' with ya!"
As Tracy laughed, Jimmy started to chuckle nervously and take off his hood.
"Anyway... I'll go, uh... find a car..."
"Wait? Ain't ya gonna stay and eat?"
"You go ahead. The sooner we get a car, the sooner we can get out of here!"
"Can't you stay for a little?"
"We can stay with each other all we want once I get a car. I'll be back as soon as I can."
"Come on Jim, at least eat something before you go! I'm sorry about the joke. Please stay for a bit!"
Jimmy looked up and saw Tracy's pleading look. He gave a sigh, took an iced coffee, and sat down with her.

"What's this guy in for?" Michelle said, concerned about whether to say she saw him or not.
"He's a wanted man. What he did is on a need-to-know basis." The man said.
Michelle was intimidated buy the tall, African-American man in a suit. Michelle's small, petite form had to look up to the imposing man as she judged what action to take.
"I have a lot of people come in and pass by here, you can't expect me to remember a specific person's face. Sorry I couldn't help." She said as naturally as she could.
"It's alright ma'am. Just be on the lookout."
"Will do!"
"How much for the coffee?"
"$3.45."
He paid for his coffee and left the store, leaving Michelle thinking to herself.
"I hope I didn't make the wrong decision trusting you guy..."

"Wow..." Jimmy said in disbelief.
Tracy ate all 12 bagels, 11 of the breakfast muffins, and all four of her mochas.
"That... was... impressive!"
"Sorry if I ate too much."
Tracy honestly felt a little hungry still, but she didn't want to seem ungrateful to Jimmy so she kept quiet.
"Don't worry about it, strangely I'm not that hungry. I also only slept for two hours last night and I feel fine so, it must be something with my body? Superpowers are weird!"
"How did we get these powers anyhow?"
"Turns out there was another Large Hadron Collider built underneath Texas, those machines were made in order to test out the conditions that created the universe. However because there's two hadron colliders... let's just say things got a little messy with matter and energy and 15% of population the planet either has powers or will have powers."
"Good fuckin' Christ! That's... more than a billion people!"
"I know... and the government is pretty much trying to cover everything up and try to use people like us to turn the tide of security, war, excetera."
"Sadly, why can't the world just get along? We're supposed to be the smartest beings on the planet and push come to shove we resort to hitting each other!"
"Exactly! And now we're in the middle of it! If things get worse we might be fighting to survive! Let's just hope it doesn't get that far."
"Amen!"
"Anyway, I'm done with breakfast, now I can get the car!" Jimmy said as he stood up.
"Alright. Be careful!"
"Don't worry. Once I get a car and some supplies, we are outta here!"
"I'll just be here. Not like I can go anywhere..."
"I'll make sure to get us new phones too, just in case I have to go and you have to stay back again."
"Hope I can still use a phone. These fingers are huge!"
"I'll keep it in mind. Back in a few!"
"See ya!"
As Jimmy left again, Tracy just sat down and let her thoughts flow.
"Wait... how will I get new clothes now?"

Jimmy walked around searching for a car dealership with a car he could afford, but was also big enough for Tracy to fit in.
A few more minutes of walking, no dealership in sight but Jimmy did notice men in suits, holding briefcases were walking around. Suspicious, he made sure stay out of sight and look natural around, not just the men in suits, but everyone.
Half an hour later he found a car dealership and started looking around. Jimmy was soon approached by a car dealer with red hair and a smile on his face.
"Good morning sir, what can I help you with?" The dealer asked.
"Do you have any cars for sale that are big and have a lot of storage space?" Jimmy asked in response.
"I just might! Follow me."
Jimmy was lead to the back of the dealership and a car was presented to him by the dealer.
"This Ford Transit is the car for you!"
The dealer went on about the features while Jimmy made sure to maintain a neutral and somewhat unimpressed "What's the price?"
"$19,000"
"Okay..."
"So, interested?"
"Maybe, give me some time to think and I may come back to you."
"Of course, take your time."
Jimmy left the dealership to get the money he needed to buy the car.
Later he found another ATM but he realized that without the enhancers he has to enter the ATM using his powers. He looked around to see if anyone was watching and when the coast was clear he entered the machine. However this momentarily caused a large EMP and two nearby Nightcaps in suits detected it with sensors built into their briefcases that started vibrating intensely for a few seconds.
"All patrol, this is Nightcap patrol 1-7. I just detected an EMP. Target may possibly be in my area. Over"
"Nightcap Patrol 1-7, this is Nightcap Patrol 9-8. I also detected an EMP in the area. How will we proceed? Over."
"Be on the lookout. Report if EMP returns. And call available patrol to our location. Over."
"Understood. Over."
After contacting one another on communicators made to look like wristwatches, they were on high alert.

Five or so minutes later Jimmy exited the ATM and it dispensed $20,000, enough to buy the car and a little extra.
Jimmy made sure to keep a negotiation in mind for the price, but that was for later. He grabbed the money and jogged away towards the dealership.

The Nightcaps in the area detected another EMP spike, and this time they were closer to Jimmy's general area. 
After a brief moment, one of them saw a person wearing a black hoodie and jeans jog-walking away. He remembered the clothing description given by the Nightcap soldier that was questioned for the sketch and decided to pursue.
"Possible contact. Await confirmation. Over."

Jimmy kept walking, but something didn't feel right. He looked around and noticed a man in a suit behind him when he looked at the rearview mirror on a parked car reflecting him. He made sure to look natural and took three left turns to see if he was being followed. Sure enough he was still there. Jimmy knew this could be the end so he had to act quickly.
He went into a nearby mall that was full of people and as soon as the density of people was high enough, ran from the man.

"Possible Target on the run." The man said calmly to his communicator as not to draw attention. 
He picked up the pace to keep Jimmy in sight but Jimmy seemed to be immune to fatigue which, combined with his small stature, caused the Nightcap to lose sight of him.
"Lost sight of possible target."
"Can you confirm it was the target?"
"No. Didn't get a visual."
"Get back to your assigned area and resume searching."
"Understood."
The Nightcap left the mall, leaving Jimmy inside, as he sat at a table in the food court, pretending to read a Game Informer magazine that been left there.

"Damn, that was close." Jimmy thought as he looked around for the man. Then he had a thought. "I need to change my outfit, at least then, they won't recognize me straight away."
Jimmy went into a clothes store, got a new pair of blue jeans, a grey shirt, a dark blue bomber jacket, a cap with a hand holding a heart-shaped grenade, and a pair of aviator sunglasses.
As he put on his new clothes, he couldn't help but think about Tracy. Aside from what she was wearing she didn't have any clothes, and she's probably too big to get anything off the rack.
"I'll get her something... somehow."
After paying for his new clothes and putting his old ones in a plastic bag, he exited the mall and quickly headed back to the dealership.
"Hello” Jimmy said to the dealer from before.
"Ah, welcome back sir! Have you thought about the car?"
"Yes I have, I'd like to negotiate the price for it though."
"Alright! Let's go to my office then."
After sitting down in the dealers office, the negotiation began.
"$19,000 is my starting price” Said the dealer.
"How about $14,000?", Jimmy replied.
"Sorry, I can't go that low."
"I've gone around and there's a dealer willing to give me the same car for that price."
"Hmm… $17,000."
"$15,000."
"Look, that's as far as I can go."
"Okay. I have the money in cash right here” Jimmy said before pulling out a wad of cash.
"Whoa... Okay, how about $16,500?"
"$16,000" Jimmy said with a slightly smug look.
"$16,300" The dealer said for his final offer.
"Alright. Deal." Jimmy responded in agreement.
After signing the papers using a forged signature and paying in cash, Jimmy was driving away in the Transit.
He had to be careful about driving because he left his license back in his apartment, but aside from that he was fine.
Thanks to his brush with the man in the suit, which he assumed was the government looking for him he drove straight back to the warehouse and went in. 
At first Tracy didn't recognize Jimmy, so she stood up and tried to look imposing.
"Who are you? What're ya doin' here?!" She asked with her leg ready to kick, since she knew that punching people would be pointless at her height.
"Woah! Tracy, it's me!" Jimmy said, taking off the sunglasses and cap.
"Oh! Jim? The hell you wearin'?"
"I'll explain on the way. But right now, let's get in the car!" 
"You have it?"
"Yeah! We can go now! And there's guys in suits also, so we need to leave fast!"
"Oh! Alright, let’s go then!”
Jimmy got the enhancers and the mask, then looked around outside. Thankfully there weren't that many people willing to hang around at an abandoned warehouse so it was clear for Tracy to come out.
"Okay, let's go!"
"Ya sure?"
"Yes! Now come on."
Jimmy put the enhancers in the passenger seat, the mask in the glove compartment, then opened the back door, and folded up the extra seats inside so Tracy could have some leg room.
After signaling Tracy to get in, she crouched down and got inside. When Tracy sat down she still had more than a foot of clearance from her head to the roof of the car.
"Looks like you made the right choice." She said as she got her legs in.
"I made sure to keep you in mind. Watch your feet." Jimmy said as he closed the door.
He got in the car, started the engine, and drove away.
"So... where we going?"
"Oklahoma City, I'll tell you where my home is when we get there"
Jimmy turned on the GPS and set the coordinates with just a thought.
The GPS gave them multiple directions to the location but Jimmy decided to take the shortest route that passes through Vegas.
Jimmy asked, "Hey, Tracy, do you mind if we go to Vegas first?"
"Are you seriously thinking of gamblin' at this time?" She asked with a slightly angry look on her face.
"No! God no. Remember my friend Jeff that I told you about?"
"Oh. Yeah, why?"
"Well, he lives in Vegas, so we’re gonna to pay him a visit so that he at least knows what's happening. Also, I need my license as soon as I can and it's probably with him."
"Alright then. But how many miles until we get to my home?"
"The route that I picked is one of the shortest, but we still got more than 1,600 miles to drive."
"That's a long ass way! Well, at least we'll get to know each other better!" 
"Yeah... Which reminds me, tell me about yourself. I mean... If you're okay with it, obviously. I completely understand if you don't.”
"Well... You already told me about you, it's only fair that I tell you a bit about me. So, I was going out in the night..."
Jimmy drove on as Tracy told her about when she was captured and she felt better telling him, like a weight was being lifted off her chest.
Jimmy listened to her until she was finished, and he felt sympathetic. He decided some music was needed to lighten the mood. He turned on the radio and after going through a few stations playing trashy pop and rap songs, some old songs were playing on one station.
"Wait, is that Passenger Seat?" She asked.
"You know this song too? I used to listen to this song with my Mom on the radio when I was a kid."
"Me too!"
They both smiled as they listened to the song and drove on, enjoying each other's company.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.