- Text Size +

A few hours after leaving the warehouse, they were making good progress on getting to Vegas where Jimmy would hopefully meet with his close friend.
However, a loud, familiar sound surprised Jimmy as he drove. It was Tracy's stomach again.
"Can we get somethin' to eat Jim?"
"Well... There should be a convenience store next to the gas station that I’m gonna fill up the tank at. I'll get you a snack in there before I go buy supplies."
"How many minutes?"
"Not too long now."
"Anywhere closer?"
"Uh... A drive-through just a few blocks from here?"
"Sounds good!"
Jimmy altered the GPS without even touching it, so he knew the way.
"So… Why don’t you tell me about how things were before everything? To pass the time while we're still getting there…"
"Before what?"
"All this, and your life before you had powers. If you’re… You know... Okay with telling me, that is."
"Well... My Mom and Pop were good people, they raised me well and we would visit my Mamma and Grampa a few miles away from where we lived. But then..." Tracy changed to a soft, and sad tone. "My Dad got called into "work" and never came back..."
"What kind of work?", Jimmy said, concerned that he may have unintentionally hit something touchy.
"Army... Iran..."
"Oh... Tracy... I'm sorry. Every time I make small talk I-“ Jimmy let out a sigh. “Goddamit!”
"It's okay... it was years ago. I was depressed for a while, but now, it's… It’s okay."
"I'm still sorry... I'm sure he was a spectacular father."
"He was..."
"Well... While we're on the topic, how about I tell you about my parents?"
"Alright..."
"I was the youngest of three. I had a good life with my Mom, Dad, sister, and brother. But... it was short-lived. Things went downhill when I was 10. My Dad would get drunk, and sometimes it got so bad that my Mom would yell at him and bottles started breaking."
"That's awful!"
"It got worse when he threw out my brother for wanting to marry his girlfriend and then my sister got knocked-up a few years later."
Tracy remained silent, as she felt bad for Jimmy as he was telling her about his past.
"Long story short, my childhood was cut short and we left him for good."
"I'm so sorry you had to go through that... Looks like we both had it bad in some ways."
"It's fine…” Jimmy let out a sigh and cleared his eyes with his hand. "at least now I know what I shouldn't be."
"So where’s your family now?”
"My brother's back at my home country, happily married. My sister got a new partner and my nephew is like 8 now. And my Mom, she's a strong woman, even at 49 she's still working hard back home."
"Nice to hear that!" Tracy said with a small smile.
"Yeah. It is!" Jimmy said as he smiled as well
The GPS told Jimmy to turn left in a boring monotone voice.
"I wonder if I could..." Jimmy used his powers on the GPS again while keeping his eyes in the road.
Then the GPS had the hilarious voice of Gilbert Gottfried.
"That's better! We're almost there."
"Kay...", Tracy said, looking at Jimmy thoughtfully.
Jimmy noticed the look Tracy had on him on the rearview mirror.
"Uh... Tracy? What is it?"
"Nothin'." 
"Okay... Just order anything you want when we get there, and I can pay for it. Got more money from an ATM."
"We shouldn't keep stealing from ATMs though. What if they use that to track us somehow?"
"You’re right on that. I just got out of the ATM when some guys in suits were chasing me, which is why I changed my clothes. But... what do we do for money when this all runs out?"
"Maybe work for some place? Find some people? We'll get there when we get there."
"Okay. Anyway, we're here! Order up Tracy."
"Okay..." Tracy looked at the menu through the window. "I'll take... two number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda."
Jimmy called out her order to the microphone, along with his. He couldn't believe how much she ordered, but he said he'd buy her anything and he will.
Tracy was still hungry even after breakfast so she went all out on her order, however after receiving it she realized how much she had truly ordered and was a little embarrassed.
"Sorry I ordered so much..." She said, face slightly red.
"It's fine! Powers that affect your body are weird. I only had two hours of sleep and I'm still all good and feeling fine!"
"Lucky! Meanwhile I have to eat all this food for one meal!", Tracy said as she practically inhaled an entire burger.
"I mean, biologically speaking, you need all the energy you can get for your body to function."
"Wonder what my family's going to think when I could easily eat enough for four people!"
"So..." Jimmy said, nervously taking a sip of his root beer. "What's it like in Oklahoma?"

For nearly a day now, Jeff had been trying to figure out the code given to him through a mysterious email. He was taking a break and was watching some reruns of a very popular animated mystery show. He knew the show well and by the end credits he saw a sequence of seemingly random letters like the ones he had received. Since he knew from the internet how to decode the code on the show, he figured to do the same on his to give it a shot.
"Worth a shot I guess..."
Using the letters he had and the info on how to decode, he wrote down the alphabet and reversed it on a piece of paper.
After doing that, he wrote down the code on another paper and started writing which letter corresponds to the letters he had. A minute later he had the message: "JEFFIMOKAYDONTTRUSTTHEG-MEN". 
"Jeff I'm okay don't trust the G-men? Oh God! This was for me!" Jeff thought as he finished reading.
He looked at the email account that sent it "MuricanIdiot06" and finally put it together.
"MuricanIdiot. American Idiot! Jimmy's favorite album!" He thought.
After looking up the songs in the album, he saw that the sixth song was "St. Jimmy" and he was sure that it was Jimmy who sent it, as the message had been given in a clip of the music video for that song.
"Oh man… What the fuck did you get into, Jimmy?" 
Jeff went to his safe and opened it to retrieve his Smith & Wesson 327 M&P, three speed-loaders made specifically for the eight round capacity revolver, and his belt-clip holster to be on the safe side.
"You better have a really good explanation for this Jimmy!” He said aloud while pacing around the apartment, closing all the blinds on his windows. "This is getting really fucking disturbing!"

Tracy gave a loud belch as she finished off her meal. She covered her mouth with both hands and her cheeks went rosey red.
"Excuse me! Sorry doubt that!"
"Don't worry about it, I'm not a snob. You should see my apartment! Seriously, it looks like a tornado went through it!" Jimmy said as they both chuckled for a moment.
"So...", Jimmy said, "If you want I could get you some clothes while I'm getting supplies?"
"Well... I highly doubt anything can fit me if you buy stuff off the racks."
"Well, I could buy some large clothes and maybe... alter them?"
"How would you do that?" Tracy said, curiously.
"I... uh... took sewing classes back when I was in school... I was actually the best one at sewing with a machine", Jimmy said, a little embarrassed.
"You are just full of surprises, Jim!" 
"Well... I'm gonna need a sewing machine... and uh..."
"What else?"
"Your..." He was very reluctant to say it “Measurements..."
Tracy laughed a little at Jimmy's reluctance to say that he needed her measurements.
"Look at you getting all flustered! I ain't shy about my measurements. But I am gonna need to remeasure myself."
"I'll... make sure to buy a tape measure."
Jimmy drove on until he got to the gas station. After he paid for the gas and filled the tank, he parked the car with Tracy inside to buy some items at the convenience store that should last them until Jimmy makes any major supply runs.
Most of what he bought was food that should last them the rest of the day, along with some snacks for the road. He did make sure to buy an extra long tape measure along with some pocketbooks to keep themselves entertained.
After paying for the items, he got back in the car and started the engine. He took a look at the GPS to see the where's next stop.
"There should be a market place a couple miles from here, I can buy everything we're gonna need there. How are you holding up?"
"I'm good, thank ya' for askin'."
"Here." Jimmy gave Tracy the snacks and the pocketbooks he bought. "Sorry about the trashy romance novels, but I figured it was better than nothing."
"I like readin' these because of how trashy it is."
"How does that work?"
"I like laughin' at the "Oh your so perfect and handsome! And I'm so perfect and pretty! We must be destined for each other!" parts." Tracy said while comically posing like the girl in the cover.
The two laughed as they drove on.
They kept driving for hours, Tracy had started reading one of the pocketbooks while munching on the snacks Jimmy got for her. She did find it hard to read some the words initially because of how small the words were, but she eventually adjusted to it after the first few pages.
Jimmy was bored and started messing with the GPS voices again. He changed it from Gilbert Gottfried, to Homer, to GLaDOS, but Tracy got a little annoyed and told him to stop.
They did some more small talk as they were on the road and the two found out a lot about each other.
Tracy used to be a gymnast when she was younger, she only stopped when puberty hit and her new figure impaired her to do some routines.
Jimmy, on the other hand, specified that he was of Filipino descent. He lived in the Philippines for most of his life and only moved to the US close to a year ago because he was tired of his old life living with his older sister and wanted to be independent. Tracy asked on how he could speak without a Filipino accent but it turns out Jimmy learned English as a first language and developed an American accent as a result.
They found out that they had similar taste in music, although Jimmy was the only one that listens to Punk Rock on a regular basis and Tracy wasn't much of a fan of that.
Tracy also has a case of Antlophobia, which is the fear of floods. Tracy was afraid of floods since she visited her aunt in Louisiana as a kid. She was unfortunately caught in a flood while she was there.
Jimmy was never really afraid of floods because he experienced them multiple times and it was a regular occurrence back in his home country.
They soon arrived at the market where Jimmy could browse from shop to shop for supplies that he and Tracy may need for this trip.
He parked the car and put on the sunglasses and cap, but before he went out...
"I might be gone for a while, are you sure you're okay in here?"
"I got books and snacks, I'll be fine! You go on, but be back as soon as you can a'ight?"
"I'll just buy what we need and I'll come back, don't worry."
Jimmy got out of the car and went to see what he could find while Tracy was left in the car.

Meanwhile, General Cassandra Brooks was thinking deeply on the next action for the Neo-Humans that have been extremely unwieldy.
She was staying at a hotel for the time she was in San Francisco.
She got a call from one of the Nightcaps on her work phone.
"Hello?" She asked in a calm voice as she looked out the window.
"General Brooks, we've searched all of San Francisco. Aside from two EMP spikes and a possible sighting, there's no sign of the rogue Neo-Human or the ones that escaped."
"Send undercover units to all of the escapees' home States."
"Affirmative."
"Has anyone found out the identity of the rogue yet?"
"Afraid not ma'am. Although a case in Vegas might shed some light. We're looking into it now."
"Good. Anything else to report?"
"Nothing yet ma'am. We'll call of anything turns up."
"Make sure of it."
She hung up and rubbed her temples.
"So many complications..." She pondered as she dialed on her phone. "Hopefully the new team will be ready. This new Neo-Human's abilities eludes yet intrigues me. Breaking into and out of the Alcatraz facility with the others was close to impossible, yet he's done it."
She called in for transportation to Oregon to see the progress herself.
"Hopefully they passed the tests."

Jimmy opened the door to the driver's seat.
"I'm back!"
"Finally. I was wonderin' when you'd be back."
"I got a lot of stuff for us, okay. Now I'm gonna open your door and load up the stuff for you."
"A'ight. What did ya get me?"
"Pillows, a big blanket, lots of sleeping bags, and a lot of food."
"Sounds like a camping trip."
"Yeah… It does, doesn't it? Never been on one myself, though. Anyway..."
Jimmy closed the door and dragged the pile of items to the back of the car, opened the door and started loading it up. He made sure Tracy wasn't too exposed and she helped Jimmy in the loading as he wasn't very strong.
After getting most of the items in the car, Jimmy opened the passenger door and began putting the enhancers and the Nightcap's mask in a duffle bag he bought earlier. After he placed the bag with it's contents back on the seat, he closed the door, slid across the hood of the car and got in the driver's seat.
"Now that that's taken care of, we should be back at my old place by morning. But first..."
Jimmy gave Tracy the tape measure he got from the convenience store.
"Well... I can't measure myself in here." 
"I'll look for a place near here where you can stretch and take measurements. And with my handy dandy notebook, I'll write them down."
"So I'm assuming you bought the clothes for me?"
"Yeah, five shirts, and five pants. Soon to be modified."
"What about underwear?"
"Uh... I don't... Uh... Can I just shock myself to sleep?" he said, uncomfortable with talking about women's underwear.
Tracy laughed hard at Jimmy's reaction.
"it's fine. I got somethin' under here, so no need for you to be worryin' about that."
Underneath her white shirt and camo pants, Tracy was wearing an extra large sports bra and a pair of spats that were a little more well made compared to what she had on the outside, but were a little too small on her.
"Okay... Wait, here should be good."
He stopped at a secluded spot behind a closed salon.
After carefully backing up the car and making sure it was clear, Jimmy opened the door and Tracy stepped out.
After stretching from being cooped up in the car for so long, Tracy uncoiled the measuring tape and said, "Hope it's long enough."
Jimmy was tempted to say "That's what she said!" but thought that it was bad taste and decided against it.
"I made sure to buy the longest one they had. So, measure away!"
Tracy tried to measure her self as Jimmy looked around for any passerby that may see them. However She found it difficult to measure on her own.
"Jim?"
"Yeah?"
"Can ya help me out here?"
"On what?" He nervously said as he walked closer to her.
"Help me measure myself."
"What?!"
"I only have two hands, and this dang thing is so thin to me!"
"I... uh... c-can't you just take the measurements from the front?"
"C'mon Jim, help a gal out!"
Jimmy sighed. "Gimme the tape measure."
Tracy gave one end to Jimmy and started to go around to measure her hips.
However, thanks to Jimmy's short stature, as he was measuring Tracy's hips he had a very clear view of the young woman's ass.
Jimmy started blushing. He would be lying if he said he wasn't attracted to Tracy, but he reminded himself that she has a boyfriend.
Jimmy himself has never been in a relationship, however thanks to his brother and sister having many unsuccessful relationships, he promised himself that he would be faithful to his significant other, and to not be the cause of two people breaking up.
Tracy handed over the other end of the tape measure and Jimmy soon got a measurement.
"55 inch hips."
"Whoa! Might need to go on a diet!" Tracy said jokingly.
"You’re fine the way you are! Not that... I... w-whatever..."
"You know, you should work on your confidence. I do notice that you're a lil' shy with me."
"I'm not... Shy. I’m-I’m not… not shy…" Jimmy said as he struggled to get her waist measurement.
"Sure ya don’t... need a boost or anythin'?"
"No... I got it."
Jimmy was on the tips of his toes, but he got the measurement.
"Waist... 37 inches. Okay! Now for the lengths of your legs..."
"Okay."
"Stand up straight... 56 inches."
"How many more?"
"Just a few more and we're good."
Jimmy measured how wide her hips were and had 22 inches. Then the arm length of 34 inches. She sat down for Jimmy to measure her how wide her shoulders were and got 29 inches. And now was about to get her bust measurement.
Tracy held one end while Jimmy had the other and was circling around like last time. However, he accidentally touched the side of her breast while reaching the other end.
"Oh God! I'm Sorry! I'm So Sorry!"
"Jim!"
"I Know! I'm Sorry!" He said nervous and frantically.
"I was just gonna say "buy me dinner first"! Stop your worryin'! I ain't mad!"
"Still. I'm so sorry!"
"It's fine, it's not like you meant to touch. Now what's my measurement?"
"Uh... B-Bust is... 63 inches. Okay, that's all I need. Uh... Let's get back to the car."
"Alrighty. And Jim?"
"Y-Yeah?" He said as he nervously wrote down the numbers.
"Now there you go again. You shouldn't be so shy 'round me. You're the one that's helping me out, and we've talked a lot!"
"I suppose..."
"You and I have been through a lot, you broke in and out of Alcatraz! And right now we're all we have, so please don't act so shy." She said while putting her large hand on Jimmy's shoulder.
"I'll try... Now let's get back in the car."
"Okay."
The two of them got in and Jimmy drove until he was parked in front of the tailoring shop.
Tracy was eating the food Jimmy got from the market, while he was marking the cuts he going to make on the clothes.
"How did you learn to sew?"
"5th and 6th grade. My teacher said I was really good at it and I started doing simple repairs at my house for stuff like bedsheets."
"Ever done anything like this? Like what you're gonna do to these shirts and pants?"
"Yeah... once. As a test for Home Ec, got an A for it."
"Nice!"
"Haven't done it in a while, but I hope this'll be okay."
"It'll be fine. But now I just thought... how will I take a shower?"
"Oh... well then... uh..." Jimmy thought about it for a second. "Car Washes?"
"Not too fond of Hot Wax, thank you!"
"Okay... Uh... Pools?"
"I love the feeling of chlorine on my skin!"
"Well... I did pick up a trick from a camping magazine I read once."
"What is it?"
"Fill up some clean garbage bags with water and tie them to a tree branch. Poke a few holes with something sharp. You got a shower!"
"Could work."
As the two were talking, 6:00pm went by and the man that owned the tailoring shop went out and closed the place up.
Jimmy noticed it and drove up to the establishment.
"Okay... Guy's gone. Should be empty."
"Why couldn't you just ask him to do it instead of breaking in to use his machine?" Tracy said as the thought just came in.
"Giving him the job to make your clothes with your measurements? He's either going to think it's a joke or going to get suspicious and curious. Either way, he's not doing it."
"Shame."
Jimmy stuffed the clothes in a bag and opened the door. 
"I'll be back in a few hours. You gonna be okay?"
"Yeah. I'll just be reading."
Jimmy turned on the light above Tracy so she can read.
"Okay then. see ya!"
"Make them look pretty, okay?"
"I'll try my best!"
Jimmy went to the backdoor of the tailoring shop and opened up the duffle bag to put on an enhancer.
"Hope they got insurance for a superpowered teenager with a plasma cutter."
Jimmy easily cut through the lock with the plasma cutter and got inside.
He made sure to disable the security cameras so he can work in peace.
"Okay... let's do this!"

Tracy was a little surprised by the door opening again two hours later. Fortunately, it was just Jimmy.
"Lord above! Oh… 'Bout time you got back. I was beginnin' to worry."
"Well don't worry, I'm back and I made the alterations that you asked for." Jimmy said, trying to sound British as a joke.
"Let me see!" Tracy said, exited.
As Jimmy started the engine and drove away, Tracy took out the clothes he modified.
From the five pants that he had, he made four pairs of Tracy-sized Capri pants and a pair of shorts. Of the five shirts he had, he made two short-sleeved crop tops, two long-sleeved shirts, and a tank top in Tracy's size.
"Thanks so much Jim! I'll try them on later!" She said in gratitude.
"You're welcome... A-Anyway, I'm going to drive overnight so we can get to Vegas by tomorrow."
"Sounds good." As she said that, a yawn came out. "Mind if I hit the sack?"
"Not at all. I'll just..." Jimmy changed the radio and it fortunately had a nice soft mellow song playing, it was "Across the Universe" by The Beatles.
"Nice!" He said as he lowered the volume slightly.
"Thanks Jim... I really like this song..."
"You're welcome. Now don't worry, if anything happens I'll wake you."
"A'ight."
Minutes later Tracy fell asleep in the back of the car on numerous sleeping bags and a pillow so she was more comfortable.
Jimmy, not being able to sleep drove on to Vegas. The only thought in his head now being: "How the shit am I going to explain all of this to Jeff?"

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.