- Text Size +

The caller hung up. Jimmy and Tracy were a little shocked by the call they had just heard.
"What was that?" She said.
"I think we just heard some guys planning a robbery..." 
Immediately Jim traced the call using the GPS function on his enhancer's computer, and it showed that the man who called was only a few blocks away. "Sh-Should I stop them?!"
"I don't know!"
Jimmy had to make a split decision, it was either stop whatever robbery was going to happen or stay there and do nothing.
"Errr... Will you be okay until I get back?"
"You leave me by myself all the time and nothin' bad has happened yet. But.. I'll make sure to hide as best I can while you're out."
"Are you sure? I can always just let it slide!"
"Jim! I really don't want you to go out there but... people might get hurt! And I know that you can help! Because you helped me... If I don't let you save people when stuff like this happens, I know we both would feel guilty for not doing anything if and when people get hurt, or worse! Now go!”
"Alright! Let me just gear up."
He quickly put on the enhancers, his black hoodie, and the mask.
He wished that he could have painted them before going, but right now that wasn't important.
"I'll be back!" Jimmy said as he pulled the tarp down and got in the car.
"Be careful Jim!" She said out of concern.
"Don't worry, I'll be smart about it!"
Tracy looked at the car as Jimmy drove off. She felt so much concern for his well being, she didn't want him to do this but at the same time she knew he had to.
"Please make it back in one piece! You're all I got..." She said to herself.

Minutes later, Jimmy was at the site the call was made. He looked around and saw a nearby jewelry store. He parked the car in an alley and went on foot to get a closer look.
He saw two men with ski masks and SG-90 shotguns pointed at people that were on their knees with their hands behind their heads. Jim knew there were at least two more guys, but he couldn't see them.
"Okay... I need a diversion..." He thought as he looked around.
He looked up and there was an electric transformer on a pole.
"Perfect!" 
He launched a powerful EMP charge at the transformer and sure enough, a blackout occurred.

Tracy went up to the second floor to get some more wooden palettes to cover the windows and entrances at the first floor. It was the only thing she thought of doing while she was waiting for Jimmy's return.
But then, she heard something as she was about to go down the stairs.
"Gary... please... don't..."
"SHUT UP!"
"Someone... please... Help!"
"Nobody's gonna come help you! It's you and me! Now quit playing hard to get!" 
They sounded like two teens, and the guy, Gary, sounded very unstable.
"Gotta do something!" Tracy thought.
At that point, she didn't care if she was going to be seen. She went down and saw them, the girl on the floor and Gary on top of her, holding her down. She was no more than Tracy's age, while Gary seemed a bit older. The girl was trying to fight back but she had been drugged earlier, and they were beginning to take effect and would soon render her unconscious. While Gary seemed to be unusually energetic, probably high on something as well.
"Hey!" Tracy yelled as she grabbed the collar of Gary's vest with one hand and lifted him up. 
"What the Fuck?!" Gary yelled as he was lifted off the ground, leaving the girl on the ground.
"There's no way in hell I'm letting you do anything to her!" Tracy said angrily.
"Let me go you big bitch!" Gary said. He was definitely a slightly older teen with brown hair and a scar on his left eyebrow.
"No! I'm gonna- I'm gonna... Shit!" Tracy said after realizing that she had jumped into the situation without thinking of how to properly get rid of Gary.
As she paused to think, Gary pulled out a switchblade and slashed Tracy near the wrist. But, surprisingly, it didn't cut her. 
"You little!" She promptly backhanded him. The force from which knocked him out.
"Oh Crap!" 
Tracy checked if he was still breathing, and was relieved that he still was. As much as she wanted to see him get what he deserved, she didn't want to become a murderer.
"Well, that takes care of that." She said as she put him down. Then, she heard the girl moan.
"Uhhhh..." She said, still on the floor.
"Oh! Uh... Are you okay?" Tracy questioned.
"No... please... d-don't hurt me..."
"I ain't gonna hurt ya! I'm gonna keep you safe. Uh... What's your name?"
"M-.... M-Mika..."
"Okay, Mika, please let me help you."
"O-... O-Okay..."
"I'm just gonna carry you to my corner, a'ight?"
"T-Thank... You..." 
Tracy gently lifted her up and started walking to where she set up her makeshift bed.
"I can spare a sleeping bag for you. That okay?" But she didn't get a response.
Tracy could feel that Mika still breathing, so she assumed whatever drug Gary slipped into her has now taken full effect.
"Oh, Jim! I could really use your help right about now!" 

"What the Hell? The Power's out!"
"FUCK! We're screwed!"
As the jewel thieves argued what to do until their driver came. Jimmy got in through the back door by cutting through the lock with his plasma cutter. 
As he walked in, he heard gunshots nearby and he hid behind a wall.
"T! There's no power! There's nothing we can do!" 
"FUCK YOU! AND FUCK THIS! I'M GETTING IN THIS FUCKING SAFE IF IT'S THE LAST FUCKING THING I FUCKING DO!" The robber said as he fired his assault rifle at the safe
These two robbers were at the electronic safe and were making a lot of noise, which made it easy for Jimmy to walk up to one of them and take one out with an electrical charge. This didn't go unnoticed by the other robber shooting the safe as he turned around to see his friend twitching on the floor and Jimmy.
"FUCK! YOU'RE GOING DOWN COCKSUCKER!" 
He pulled the trigger but all he heard was a click, he wasted all the ammunition on the safe.
On instinct, Jimmy grabbed the gun and smacked the butt of the rifle on his face breaking the man's noise and chipping a tooth.
"ARH! FUCKING PIECE OF SH-" 
Before he finished his cursing, Jimmy slammed his head against the steel safe and he finally lost consciousness.
"Two left."
Jimmy carefully walked along the way leading to the display room where the two other robbers were still pointing their guns at the terrified hostages that were just employees at the store. He was dragging the other two unconscious men with him as he went along. He got to the part of the hall behind the display room behind a corner. Jimmy pulled out his phone and began hacking one of their phones.

"Hey! I got a message from Karim! Says he's gon' come by ‘cause of the blackout."
"Thank God! Go get Norm and Trevor!"
"A’ight!"
As the armed man walked into the hall, only to be greeted by Jimmy grabbing his gun and tripping him up once he got to the corner. Jimmy hit him while he was down on the ground with the shotgun, swinging it like a bat, and knocked him out.
"Last one..." Jimmy thought as he fired the shotgun at the wall away from the people, it was to attract the last robber.

"Frank! What's going on?" He said as he got closer after hearing the gunshot.
"Frank! Frank! Fuck!"
He ran in and was met with another swing by Jimmy at the corner. He didn't get knocked out but he did let go of the shotgun. 
"Argh! Mother Fucker!"
He was then shocked by Jimmy and was out like the rest of his crew.
"And that takes care of that." Jimmy said.
He walked into the display room and everyone looked at him as he checked the door.
"Don't worry people." Jimmy said, in a deep voice. "I took out all the gunmen. You're all safe."
"Th-Thank you!"
"Thank God. You got here just in time!"
"They said they were gonna kill us! Thanks for taking them out!"
The various thanks from the people he saved made Jim feel good with what he's done. He went up to the African-American security guard with a nasty gash on his forehead and helped him up.
"You okay?"
"Am now! Thanks to you!"
"Do you have anything to secure the robbers? I'm not sure how long they'll be out."
"I... oh! I got some spare handcuffs in my office!" 
"Get them and secure the gunmen. They're all unconscious on the floor over at the corner."
"How did you take them all out?"
"I've done things like this before." Jim lied
"Man, you're a hero! I'll go get my cuffs!" 
"Have another ready, their driver's going to drive by soon."
"Okay, thanks again!" He said before he ran to his small office.
"Alright. Everyone! Find a safe place to stay! The driver for the robbers will arrive soon! I'll take care of him. Then you can call the police!"
Everyone complied and took cover, while Jim waited beside the door under the cover of a wall.
A dark blue van soon arrived and the driver's seat opened after Karim didn't see anyone.
He opened the door with a semiautomatic pistol in his hand.
"Guys? What's going on?"
"This."
Karim turned his head to see a metallic fist for a split second before he dropped on the floor with a funny open-mouthed expression on his face.
"Ouch, Wasted." Jimmy said in victory. 
The rescued employees and security guard came out of their hiding spots and saw Jim about to walk out, but, he paused for a moment.
"Can you all do me a favor and not tell the police about me?"
"What? Why? You're a hero!" A male employee said.
"It's complicated. Please? It's all I ask in return."
"Well... Alright… We won't tell the cops." The security guard said.
"Thanks. You can take the credit for this. Now, I have to go."
"Thank you so much... Uh..."
"Uh... Cy... Cyber-Punk!" Jimmy came up with a name on the fly.
"Thank you!"
"You're welcome."
Jimmy ran out though the door and around to the alley where he parked the car, after hearing the sirens, he carefully drove off to return to Tracy.

After securing Gary with some rebar on his wrists and ankles, Tracy lifted his unconscious body into what is supposed to be a break room on the second floor. After dumping him in the room, Tracy went back to Mika and anxiously waited for Jimmy to come back. That was when she remembered that she had a phone and decided to call him. She turned it on and a microphone symbol was waiting for her to speak.
"Uh... call Jimmy."

Jimmy's cellphone rang as he was driving back. He answered it without even touching the screen and mounted it on the car's dashboard.
"Tracy? What is it?"
"I didn't call in a bad time, did I?"
"No. Everyone's safe, and the robbers are in police custody."
"Good, but I... have a situation..."
"What is it?"
"Uh... There's... two unconscious people with me..."
"WHAT?!"
"Well... one of them dragged the other one in here! And he was going to do things to her a-and I couldn't just sit there and do nothing!" 
"Okay! Did they see you?"
"Yeah, but they were both on something. T-The girl I'm with was knocked out with whatever she had in her and the guy was on something when I knocked him out."
"Okay... I'll see what I can do, I'm on my way back now."
"Thank goodness!" 
"Just make sure neither of them leave!"
"Okay. Please hurry!"
"Alright. Just hang in there!"
The call ended and Jimmy thought to himself.
"This fucking day..."

Tracy saw Jimmy pull up and park the car. She stood up, went closer the the entrance, and she restlessly waited for him to come in.
"Okay, where are they?" Jimmy asked after walking back inside.
"The girl is at my corner and the guy is up in a room at the second floor."
"Okay, so you said the guy was the one that dragged the girl here and was about to do stuff?"
"Yeah, I'm sure it was a date rape he was gonna do. So, what are you gonna do?"
"Have him arrested."
"How?"
"Gonna frame him for car theft."
"Seems a bit harsh."
"Against attempted rape?"
"Okay... So, the plan?"
"I'll stuff him in a parked car somewhere, hack into the car, then send an anonymous tip to police while driving the car by hacking it."
"You sure you can do that?" 
"Should be easier than what I just did."
Just then they heard Gary shout above them.
"Hey! HEY! WHERE AM I?!"
"I'll take care of it." Jimmy said as he went up the stairs.
"I'll stay with Mika and make sure she's okay."
"Yeah. I'll think about what to do with her later."
"Okay."
"HEY! ANYONE THERE?!"
Jimmy let out a sigh.
"This is gonna be a long night."

After shocking him and carrying him down, Jim put him in the car and started the engine.
"I'll give you an update on what happens."
"Sure! I'm sorry about this Jimmy..."
"Don't be. Mika could have been hurt or worse if you didn't step in. What's important now is that you're safe, she's safe, and this asswipe is going into the clink."
"Okay. Be careful Jimmy!"
"I came back to you from stopping an armed robbery. I can handle one guy."
"Still."
"I'll be fine. Anyway, I'll go now."
"See you later... Again."
"Don't worry. I'll be back in no time!"
"I hope so."
Jimmy started driving with Gary in the car in search of a car to steal. Leaving Tracy with a passed out Mika.

After half an hour of searching, Jimmy found a good car, and spotted a nearby Dodge Challenger, painted in a nice dark green.
"A muscle car... Someone's gonna miss that..."
After selecting his target, Jimmy hacked into the car's computer and had control over it's accelerator and breaks. He carefully drove it out of the parking valet and around into a nearby alleyway and stopped when he was sure nobody was watching. He drove his car into the alleyway and checked for any bystanders or cameras. After disabling three surveillance cameras, he got an unconscious Gary out of his car and into the stolen muscle car.
"Have fun in jail!" 

"So the boys booked 5 jewelry store robbers and here we are, on speeding duty. Again."
"At least it's quiet."
"True. But we gotta book somebody Brandon. We're falling short! That's why we're always on this!"
"At least it's better than Wu back at the pre-"
The two police were rammed from the back of their car by a green muscle car. It wasn't hard enough to cause injury or serious damage to the cars, but there was definitely some dents and scratches on both car's bumpers.
"What the fuck?!"
"Come on!"
The two police got out of the car and had their tazers ready.
"Get out of the car!"
"Out with your hands up!" 
No response from the car's driver prompted one police officer to approach the car door and try to open it, to his surprise it was unlocked. He opened the door to see an unconscious Gary, strapped in with the seatbelt of the car.
"Hey Lou! We got a guy!"
After taking him out of the stolen muscle car and placing him in the back of their police car with handcuffs, As Brandon secured Gary in he noticed something on the young man's nose. 
"Lou, we may have a possible drug user."
"Search his jacket, pockets, anything."
Soon enough a small packet of cocaine was found in Gary's front pocket.
"Drug possession. Coke."
"Well, call the precinct and let them know. We're booking this guy."
Brandon contacted the police precinct about Gary and the stolen muscle car as Lou drove. Gary soon regained consciousness and saw he was in the back of a police car. His cheek, head, and pectoral muscles hurt from the slap and shock he received courtesy of Tracy and Jimmy respectively.
"Wha? The fuck? SHIT!!!"
"Looks like he's up." Lou said.
"LISTEN! THERE'S A GIANT BITCH AND A CYBORG AT THE FUCKING CONSTRUCTION SITE!" 
"And still on it apparently..."

Jimmy returned to the site and went back in the building Tracy and Mika were in. He found both young ladies asleep in their corner, Tracy slept next to Mika and shared majority of her blanket to her.
Jimmy sighed and took off his mask.
"I'll think of what to do tomorrow..."
He sat down a few feet next to the two and took off the enhancers. After putting them back in the duffel bag with the mask, he too fell asleep.

In two hours time Jimmy woke up, he checked the time on his phone and it was late in the night, he knew it was futile to try to sleep again so he thought on what to do next.
"Hmmm... well, I can finally do the stencils and paint my stuff." He thought as he stood up and started waking back to the car.
"I wonder what I'll do about Mika... if she saw Tracy but fell asleep after, maybe I can convince her what she saw wasn't real." He thought as he took out his pencil and started sketching. Little did he know, earlier, other things were developing…

"So." Arber said as he scanned the room. He changed his vision to ultraviolet and was looking in Jimmy's apartment for any evidence on who the reported teleporter was. "I got nothing. Except for the bedroom. But you don't wanna know… That's up to the guys at the lab to test out."
"Okay, uh... Arber. Over. Gross." Delilah said. She was very inexperienced with working in a military team and only received the minimal training required to be deployed into the field.
"Better start questioning people to get this weird business over with." She thought
She knocked on some doors and posed as a representative for an electric company.
After a few unsuccessful questionings from the residences of the apartment she came to the door next to the one Arber was in. She knocked and Jeffrey opened the door.
"Hello. I'm here to ask some questions about the block-wide power-out that happened a few days ago."
"Oh... Okay..."

"This should be good..."
He looked at the designs, an octagon with a spider at the center and a hexagon with a scorpion at the center. Each were sharply stylized to resemble graffiti he's seen in a videogame he played months ago.
He cut them out with a box cutter and got out to start spray painting near a street light.
"I never thought things would get this weird in my life. A week ago, I was struggling to pay rent. Now, I'm stopping armed robberies and framing a guy that almost date-raped a girl." He thought as he shook the can of black spray paint. "Is this my wish being granted? Because this new life is interesting, granted, but fuck is it risky!"
He started wrapping the parts of the enhancers he didn't want to get paint on in some old newspapers he got from the last stop.
"I mean, I don't need to do this. So... why do I continue to?" 
He placed the stencils where he wanted the design to be.
"Either way..."
He sprayed some paint at the wall to test it.
"Too late to back down now. After all..."
He started painting the design on, and a minute later, it was done with both.
"She said I'm the only one she's got. I won't leave her."

"Come on Jim! Pick up!"
"Jeff? What is it?"
"Jimmy! There's people investigating the power-out you caused!"
"That's normal."
"What's not is the guy I was listening in on at your old room!"
"What?!"
"I think it's them! Be careful!"
"I trust you didn't say anything to the person asking questions?"
"I said I had no idea the best I could."
"Good. Keep an eye out for any suspicious stuff!"
"Okay bro. You better watch yourself as well!"
"That's what I'm doing. Be safe Jeffrey."
"Yeah. You too!"
Jimmy hung up the call. He was in the car with the enhancers on the dashboard to dry the paint.
"Fuck... We better move soon. After I handle Mika tomorrow, I better get as far as I can with Tracy."

Tracy yawned as she woke up in the morning. The sun was up and Mika was still asleep. Then she turned to see Jimmy wearing the enhancers and pacing back and forth a few feet anyway. He didn't seem to notice that she woke up.
"Jim... What're you doin'?" 
"You're up! I... was just practicing walking in these things." He said as he pointed to his legs. "And making sure the paint doesn't scratch off of these when I move." He said as he showed off the shoulders with the design.
"A'ight. So... what do we do about Mika?"
"Well... I'll talk to her while you hide. I'll confirm if she remembers anything from last night and convince her it wasn't real if she does. Then, we get moving. Fast!"
Tracy stood up and walked towards him.
"Why?"
"Because Jeffrey called last night and... things... don't look good if we stay any longer."
"Is the government looking for us?!"
"Yeah. They were at my apartment last night!"
As they spoke to each other about that development. Mika stirred in her sleep and was slowly coming to.
"So after I take care of her, I- Oh God!"
"What?" She said as she turned to see Mika moving.
"Tracy. Hide. Now!" Jimmy said, quietly
She nodded and quickly went up to the second floor.
Jimmy knew he didn't have time to take off the enhancers, so he quickly put on the mask to hide his face. He was planning to pretend like he just found her at his "hangout" but that was out of the window.
"Crap! Looks like I have to wing it!" He thought as he secured his mask and put his hood up.

Mika woke up very dizzy from the the drugs Gary slipped in her drink last night.
"Shit! I'm gonna KILL Gary!" She yelled angrily.
"You don't have to worry about him anymore." Jimmy said in the deep voice he used back in the jewelry store.
Mika looked to where she heard the voice and saw a man that looked like something out of Deus Ex.
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?! WHAT THE FUCK!?" Mika said while backing away until she was sitting with her back against the wall.
"Calm down!" Jimmy said with his arms in the air.
"WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT KIND OF FUCKED UP HELLHOLE DID GARY DRAG ME TO?!"
"Like I said. He's been dealt with. I had him arrested."
"Fuck that! You're just saying that!"
"I'm serious. Think about it! I let you sleep here and on sleeping bags too. Then, where's Gary?"
"This is a trick!"
"It's not, honestly."
"Really!? Take off the mask then!"
"I can't."
"Then how am I gonna fucking trust you?!"
"Look, I just want to ask a few questions. Then, you can leave and forget about all this."
"Really?" She said cautiously.
"Really. After you answer them truthfully, I'll let you go."
"What is it then?"
Jimmy stepped closer and got down on one knee to not seem as threatening. 
"Do you remember anything about last night, like how you got here?"
"Uhhh... I remember Gary... dragging me... here? And... it was dark... then... he was on top of me..." 
"Then?"
"Then... he got off and... there was this... blonde chick?"
"Fuck, she remembers." Jimmy thought.
"She picked him up and Gary was... gone after that."
"Do you remember anything about the blonde?"
"No, except she was tall. Like super tall!"
"Uh... You sure it isn't just you're memory being hazy?"
"I'm... pretty sure?" 
"Okay... Just keep all this to yourself, okay?"
"Why?"
"Just promise to keep it to yourself, and you can go home." Jimmy said as he stood up again.
"Okay! Can I go now?"
"Yeah, but if I see any-"
Suddenly Mika tackled Jimmy, and the two fell.
"Get off of me!"
"You're going down!" 
She started punching Jimmy in the solar plexus. 
"I didn't do any- Argh! Ow! Stop!"
"I'm gonna make sure everyone knows that some freaky cyborg fucker is around here, and that he kidnapped me!"
"Don't make me do this!" Jim said as the charge launchers came out of the enhancers.
"JIM DON'T!" Tracy shouted.
They stopped and both looked at Tracy standing a few feet away.
"Crap..." Jim said.
"What the..." Mika said as she stared in disbelief.
"Just, get offa him and I can explain."
"Tracy. You didn't have to do this." Jimmy said as Mika got off.
"I'm sorry Jim but... I couldn't help myself. When I heard the fight I just had to-"
"EXCUSE ME! But... what the fuck is going on?!"
Jimmy stood up, holding his chest from the multiple blows she landed on him.
"It's a long story... Just, don't tell anyone..."
"I'm listening..."
Jimmy sighed as he took off the mask.
"We're on the run. Tracy here was captured from her home and taken to San Francisco because she's... different. And I am too. So... I broke her out and now I'm taking her home."
"What do you guys mean by "Different" exactly?"
"Well..." Tracy said sheepishly "We... have powers... like... comic book kind of powers..."
Mika was wide-eyed and shocked silent from that revelation. She wanted to say it wasn't real and they were tricking her, but Tracy was a very big piece of evidence to the contrary.
"Well, at least you were already sitting down when she told you..." Jim said.
"So... you guys are like superhumans?"
"Yeah... that's why we didn't want you to tell anybody about this. The people that are hunting us down are watching constantly. One blip on the radar and we could be absolutely screwed. The jewelry store robbery and arresting Gary was an extremely dangerous gamble, I only did that because we didn't want to see people get hurt."
"Jewelry store robbery? Did you see a girl that works there?! Looks like me but older?!"
"Uh... Yeah, now that I think about it. Why?"
"Is my sister okay?! What the fuck happened?!"
"Whoa! Calm down. I took out all the gunmen and nobody got seriously hurt."
"Can you take me home now?! She must be freaking out from me not coming back!"
"Okay. You ride with me and Tracy."
"Okay."
As Jim went out to get the car, Mika approached Tracy. She craned her neck to look at her face, it was strange for her, talking to someone so tall.
"Hey. Thanks for saving me."
"No problem!"
"If you weren't there, who knows what Gary might've done."
"I had to step in. I can't let that happen to anyone!"
"Again, thanks. And uh... you think your boyfriend's mad at me for punching him?"
"Boyfriend?"
"You know, that cyborg guy. "Jim" you called him?"
"He ain't my boyfriend. Jim's just a friend that's lookin' out for me is all." 
"Really?"
"Yeah... Besides. I got a boyfriend already, back home."
"Hey, don't worry about it. I just thought, since your together, you guys seem really close, you’re alone most of the time I think."
"No, just stop. He ain't my boyfriend, he's just taking care of me and helping me out."
"Okay. Okay. Okay."
Jim backed up the car near the entrance and opened the back door of the car.
"Come on. Let's go."
Tracy got in and Mika rode shotgun. Fortunately Jim was still wearing the enhancers, so the seat was available.
"Where to?" Jim said as Mika took the seat.
"I'll give you the directions on the way."
"Alright."
"Hey, sorry about going crazy on you earlier. I was confused and your cybernetics freaked me out."
"It's fine. But these aren't cybernetics. They're more like exosuit parts."
"Then why are you still wearing them?"
"No time. So, where do we go?"
"Oh! Uh... take a right here."

"Why don't we have a match!?"
"I'm sorry General Brooks, but the DNA has no matches on the US citizen database."
"Search for DNA matches elsewhere! He might be an illegal immigrant! Or he had fixers make him a new identity!" 
"Yes General."
"I'm surrounded by incompetence..." She thought to herself. "That, or this Neo-Human is good at erasing his tracks. Either way, it's annoying."
"I'll be in my office, any update in the matter should be reported to me immediately."
"Yes General."
She made her way back to her office, sat down on her chair, took a small flask of rum from under her desk, and took a small swig.
"Why are you so hard to pin down? You must have done something to be so well-hidden..."
Then her work phone buzzed, and she answered the call.
"Hello?"
"Miss Brooks? The new equipment is doing good on testing so far. Soon we can have some Nightcap soldiers wear them to even out the odds."
"Good. Update me when they're ready."
"Yes Miss Brooks."
She terminated the call and took another swig.
"At least there's some good news."

"There's my house." Mika said.
"Alright." Jimmy said as he pulled over.
"At least I lucked out when I met you guys. Thanks again."
"No need to thank us." Tracy said.
"Just don't tell anybody about me or Tracy, Okay?"
"You got it, cyborg."
"For the record it's Cyber-Punk. Or at least, that's the name I came up with after that robbery was taken care of."
"I like it." Tracy said.
"Me too. So, see you around. Cyber-Punk."
"Try not to get into trouble next time."
"Don’t worry, I’ll stay out of trouble."
Mika got out and walked up to her front door and rang the doorbell, her sister answered and gave her a hug after seeing it was her.
"Alright, we gotta move." Jimmy said as he drove away from them.
"I hope we'll be able to see each other again." Tracy said as she took a last look at Mika before she was too far to see properly.
"Yean... but we gotta keep moving. Sorry, Trace..."
"It's fine. We didn't ask for any of this, but we got it. At least you're here to keep me company, and safe."
"I'm not really doing much."
"Yes you are! You've done so much for me that I'm at a loss for ideas on how to pay you back for all you done."
Jimmy blushed a bit, but kept his composer.
"D-Don't worry about it. I promised to help, so I'll help you."
"Thank you." She said with a smile.
"You're welcome. We still got a long road ahead."
"We'll be alright. I trust you."
"Thanks. At least you trust me." 
"Why wouldn't I?"
Then, Jim decided to share something about him that only his closest friends know.
"Frederick..."
"What?"
"My name was Frederick before I had it changed... figured you should know since we're in this together."
"Oh. Well, it's alright. I prefer Jim over Fred."
"Oh Thank God! I honestly didn't like that name." Jim said, relieved.
"It doesn't really suit you anyway. And you'll always be Jim to me!" She said with a wide smile.
Jimmy smiled with similar joy as he kept driving.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.