- Text Size +

Tracy didn't say a word, out of fear of how Jim would react if she suddenly screamed. But the reality was that she was indeed bigger and taller than her former 9 foot tall self hours ago.
She hypothesized that every time she intentionally grew, her minimum size would increase, and this was indeed the truth, much to her fear.
"Uh... Jim... Still got that measuring tape?" She said as he was still clearing the hummer of shattered glass. Fortunately it was tempered glass so it didn't make razor sharp shards.
"Yeah..." He said, wondering why she'd ask that.
"I... Uh… Might need a change in attire..."
Jim turned and saw her a few feet away. She was definitely taller than before.
"What happened?!"
"I can't shrink down any more than this."
"You're like, 2 or 3 feet taller..."
"I know. I knew usin' my powers would lead to this..."
"No... Look, blame me, okay? I did this! I caused it. If it wasn't for me screwing up the plan with that car chase, you wouldn't have needed to bust me and my stupidity out."
"Jim, please, I thought we over that. It's alright. Nobody coulda known what was gonna happen, and this ain't your fault. No need to apologize."
"Still..."
"Think of it this way... How on Earth would you know that they had somethin' that could stop your powers? Huh?"
"..." Jim thought about what she was saying "I... guess that... kinda justifies it?"
"So will you get it off your mind now?"
"I can't promise that... but I'll try."
"Good enough for me." She said with a smile. "But to address the elephant in the room... I really am gonna need you to make me some new clothes..." 
"After all this? It's the least I could do. But first, we need to find a new place to hideout. And one that's preferably away from anywhere people want to be since..."
He gestured to the unconscious O'Hara sitting against the side of the hummer they stole.
"Right... Well, you were always good with that, so I'll just get into the car." 
"I'll strap our guest into the passenger seat..."
Jim finished clearing the broken glass and carried O'Hara to the seat and secured the seatbelt, as well as some zip-ties on her hands just in case.
But Tracy was having some trouble getting into the back.
"Jim, could you move these seats further back, please?"
"Sure thing." 
Jim went around and started adjusting the back seats to go farther back, giving more room for Tracy's new 12 foot tall form. But he noticed he was pushing something along with the seat.
"Hold on. Something's in the back..."
"A'ight…"
He tried to squeeze over to the back of the seats but the leg enhancers impeded him with their bulk around the calves and shins so he took them off. After doing so, he got to the back of the seats and saw a black case with an electronic lock.
"What is it?" Tracy asked, unable to see what was going on inside.
"It's a case. Let me just..."
He touched to lock on it and started to hack into it.
"A400CP... okay..." 
He opened it to reveal a case full of lethal and non-lethal munitions, consisting of frag grenades, smoke grenades, flash grenades, tear gas, shotgun shells, and shotgun beanbags.
"Score!"
"What's back there?"
"Only their ammo. I can use some of these and maybe sell the others that I'm not gonna use for cash!" 
"Looks like things are turning around for you!" 
"Looks like!" 
He closed the case and moved it out of the way, then pushed the seats all the way back.
"Try to get in now Trace, that's as far as they go."
"Kay..."
Tracy rocked the car side to side in her struggle to get in, trying to cram her more than double the average height in the car was difficult, but not impossible.
After about five minutes, she finally got in, albeit uncomfortably. Her legs didn't have much room, she was hunched over to keep her head low, and her added weight made the hummer's suspension creak.
"We are not keeping this, are we?"
"No. Too conspicuous. We're just using this until we're in New Mexico. Then we'll abandon it and get a truck or something. Some vehicle that can fit you better."
"The sooner the better."
"Right... Okay, let's go."
Jim got in put on his right arm enhancer and started driving remotely again.
While driving, he decided to call Jeffrey and tell him what he’d been through. So he took out his phone and brought up his number on his contacts list.

Meanwhile, Jeffrey was making his way to his best friend, even though it was against what Jim told him. He is currently at a motel in a small town on the way to Kingman, Arizona.
After a long day of riding busses and trains to catch up as fast as he can, he needed to lie down. It was times like these he'd be a bit envious of Jimmy's powers, but alas, he had not been the one of the individuals severely affected by the interference of the the Large Hadron Colliders. 
15 percent of the world's human and animal population was affected unknowingly, but only 0.5 or 35 million individuals will manifest powers within the next decade. Fortunately the government stopped operating after realizing what the side effects were doing. 

Jeffrey's phone rang and he quickly pulled it out of his pocket and answered.
"How's it going brother?"
"Jeffery... I'm gonna be blunt, we wrecked our car."
"WHAT?!"
"The plan got fucked over by something messing with my powers at the checkpoint and... me and Tracy got into a car chase and we crashed after they shot my tires."
"A-A-ARE YOU ALRIGHT?! WHAT THE HELL!?" 
"I'm fine bro. Tracy busted me out and, long story short, we fought more guys to get some new wheels."
"Oh, Thank God. Bet you kicked their asses, huh?"
"Actually no... This is gonna sound bad but... The government has Neo-Human agents on us..."
"Ah, shit..."
"Yeah... So the whole "Be Careful" thing I told you. That is now multiplied hundred-fold. Stay in your apartment and wait this out."
"Well... You see..."
"What?"
"Ah, fuck it. I left! And now I'm on my way to you. That Quanesia girl gave me your location."
"Jeffrey! Why? It's not safe for you to be with me! I told you that!"
"Fuck that! I want to be there for you!"
"Turn back and go home Jeff, I'll be fine."
Tracy just watched awkwardly, pretending not to hear Jim argue.
"No! Dude, you're important to me!"
"And you are to me too! Which is why you need to stay! You're my best friend! And if you die thanks to what I'm in right now? I'd never forgive myself! Go home! Be safe!"
"Fuck that! Jim! You've been my brother since the first day we met. You helped me through dark times and you never judged me or looked at me in another way when I told you my secrets. That's why I want to help you!"
"Why are you making this so difficult?! Please! You're essentially sentencing yourself to become a fugitive if you come to me! Your life will never be the same ever again!"
"You'll thank me soon..."
"JEFFREY!"
The call hung up.
Jim tried to call again, but it seemed he turned off his phone to block him from calling.
"FUCK! DAMMIT!" Jim yelled furiously as he stopped the car abruptly and smashed his fists on the dashboard.
"Jim, calm down! I-It'll be okay." Tracy said nervously.
"I don't know anymore..." Jim said as his eyes started welling with tears. "He's going to get killed out there and it's going to be my fault. And all because I don't have the guts to stop him..."
"Jim... don't you think he thought about that too? It's not like he doesn't know the situation."
"He doesn't. He's not going to last out there without a means of fighting back. It's going to take a lot more than guns and bullets to even stand a chance against... Them!" 
He said as he pointed to a still unconscious O'Hara.
"Jim, calm down! There's nothin' you can do now. If he turned off his phone you're just gonna have to wait until he turns it back on until you can talk again. I mean... At least you even get to talk to him... I can't even get a word to my ma to tell her I'm okay..."
Jim went silent and stared at the floor of the car. The day seemed to be constantly against him, but he was so focused on what was happening to him and his feelings, he forgot that Tracy was taking everything as well as his ranting.
"I... Okay Trace... I'll calm down... I'm sorry. Again... This day's just been really hard on us. I just couldn't keep my cool..."
"It's alright. This experience we have goin' on was never gonna be a cakewalk from the start. But I'm glad it didn't get to you until now."
"How are you so... Quiet about this?"
"Because... When I'm around you, I... Don't want to freak out. I want to be calm for you because I owe you that..."
"You don't... You don't owe me anything. I'm doing this because I genuinely want to help. In fact... I feel like I'm doing a shit job at doing so today."
"You made it this far. That's a testament to the great things you've done so far."
"You give me too much credit..."
"You're too humble, Jimmy Hughes."
Jim just remained silent. With so many things on his mind, he decided to focus on getting to New Mexico first before he worried about anything else, so he started driving again.

Meanwhile, Kane, Arber, and Savage heard the piercing sound of a jet engine high above them and they saw it dropped off what looked faintly like three black dots as it quickly flew away.
"What’s that?" Kane asked
"It's Hanes and Marcel, with a package to get us outta here." Arber said as we saw them coming as clear as day.
They pulled the two parachutes on either side of the large, metal shipping container, then pulled their own after free-falling for a few more seconds to land before it.
Kane started running, pulling Savage with her by his arm. 
"Let go!"
"I intend to use my full power of authority on you. Especially after you let the targets get away with O'Hara."
"You don't control me, girl."
"I can. And I will!"
Savage tried desperately to break from her grasp but her grip was like a vice. To add to his irritation, she turned her hand into a shackle.
"Now you're trying to piss me off."
She stayed silent but had a smirk plastered on her face.
Arber followed and saw Marcel and Hanes land some distance away from where they were. The shipping container soon followed.
"Arber? Do you read? This is Marcel."
"Affirmative. Saw you guys land. We're coming to you. Heard from the general, huh?"
"Yeah. We have a new jeep in the shipping container. We'll get O'Hara back."
"And it's good we got extra muscle. You wouldn't believe the size that our secondary target reached."
"Tell us about it when you get here."
"Alright. Arber out."
"What's the update Arber?" Kane asked him.
"They have a jeep. We're getting out here."
"Good."
As the four of them made their way to the airdrop, Marcel and Hanes were opening up the container to unhook the jeep.
"Pretty crazy..." Marcel said.
"What?" Hanes asked, confused at her remark.
"The two of them outsmarted the team and took Delilah. I don't know about you, but they sound like they know what they're doing."
"They were lucky because Savage was being impulsive. Just like the general told us."
"Sure, there's that..." 
They opened up the door and saw that the jeep was still hooked to the floor.
"But still. They seem pretty dangerous. You think we can make the difference?"
"I think we can. With the edition of smart planning beforehand."
"Right... So... You doing anything later?"
"What're you saying?"
"I mean... Now that we're out... Maybe we can..."
"We’re on a mission!”
"Sorry, sorry! It's alright, I was just-"
Hanes took off his earpiece.
"But... Maybe later tonight? Go off the grid?"
Marcel took off hers.
"Seriously?"
"Yes."
"Okay. Tonight."
"Got it."
They both put their earpieces back on and unhooked the jeep.

As the Neo-Human ‘Nightcap’ agents progressed, so did Jimmy and Tracy, as they soon reached the border of New Mexico.
"Alright... Just gotta find a good spot to stay for no-"
He was cut short by his phone ringing.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Bro..."
"Jeffery?! Are you alright?"
"Yeah... I, uh... I went for a walk... Listen... I know I left on a sour note earlier, but... I want to help you out because you're the last real family I have..."
"That's why I didn't want you to come. But... I know you have another thing to say..."
"Yeah. I'd rather die fighting for you than die because of who you are."
"That did the opposite of reassure me."
"Dude, look, whether you like it or not, I'm coming."
"Jeffrey... It won't be easy. You're going to have to commit to this life if you stand with me. You're gonna be running, you're going to be constantly on the watch, you are going to be occasionally chased by the government. Is that truly the life that you want ?"
"The life I want is one with my brother. And if those are going to be the terms... Count me in."
Jim could only sigh. He looked at Tracy in the back.
"What do you think Tracy?" He said in a defeated tone.
"I think... You should follow what your instincts tell ya..." She said softly.
"Thanks... In that case... Do you mind if we wait somewhere for Jeffrey to come?"
"Wait, what?!" Jeffrey said, not believing what he just heard.
"If it helps, I can wait. I ain't in a rush."
"Thank you, Trace. I promise I'll make up for this."
"It's okay."
"Jim? Does that mean?" Jeffrey asked, anticipating a response.
"We'll wait out in New Mexico until you arrive. I needed to get a truck for Tracy anyway. This hummer is too small for her."
"Thanks, brother! I'll see you soon! And I promise, you won't need to worry about me at all!"
"I hope so... Stay safe brother."
"I will. See ya around. I got things to take care of."
"Okay! Bye man!" Jeffrey said happily as Jim hung up.
"Well... That just leaves where to stay for a few days and... Her... In fact let me just..."
Jim started patting down O'Hara's pants to see if she had anything.
"Jim, what're doin'?"
"Finding out who our guest is..."
"I doubt agents like her would carry any sorta ID wi-"
"Found her wallet..."
Jim showed Tracy a brown leather wallet that looked a bit worn out.
"Oh. I stand corrected..." 
"To be fair, I don't think she's fully an agent. She acted really nervous when she told me to pull over. So, she may be a rookie or something. Now..." He opened her wallet and saw her driver's license. "Delilah O'Hara... Huh... Well, at least we know her name now."
"So, where to now?"
"Well, we're going to need somewhere secluded and a place where people wouldn't dare to go so we can get info outta Delilah... Let me scout around..."
"Better hurry up though. Don't want her waking up while we’re driving into town. We already have a broken windshield, so if she calls for help, we're screwed."
"Right... Lordsberg seems like the best place to go. Once we're there, I scout the place for a building, interrogate Delilah and leave her there while we drive as far as we can to the next town."
"Sounds solid."
"And maybe then, we'll get some answers... In the meantime, sit tight."
"You have no idea how much that fits now. Or... In this case, doesn't fit." Tracy said as she pushed back on the seat, attempting to adjust, but alas, her head was still uncomfortably pressed against the ceiling of the car.
Jim continued driving for nearly twenty minutes until he reached Lordsberg.
He did get a few strange looks from other drivers as he had his head sticking out of the car and his phone out while driving but Jim just sped up or slowed down to avoid their gazes peering into the hummer.
Fortunately a place the interrogation could take place in popped up nearly immediately, as they saw a row of dilapidated houses set for demolition behind some chain link fence.
"Okay... Let me just cut the links so that I can drive in."
"Okay. Please hurry. My back is starting to tense up."
"Will do."
Jim parked the car up to the fence, took his duffle bag with the enhancers and mask inside, and got out.
He only had to plasma cut through two metal parts that were connecting fence sections, then he would be able to open it up like a gate. But the problem was that it was two in the afternoon and there were still a lot of people going around with their day.
"Gonna need to make this quick. We don't need police on us." He thought as he put the enhancer on his left hand and turned on the plasma cutter function.
As Jim was cutting through with his mask on to protect his eyes, O'Hara was beginning to stir in the car.
Tracy noticed this and brought her hand to her mouth gently to prevent any shouting that would blow their cover. O'Hara slowly opened her eyes and felt huge fingers covering her mouth, immediately she tried yelling for help but it was muffled by Tracy's hand. As she struggled, she realized her hands and feet were bound together and Tracy's strength kept her from moving from her seat or lifting her arms.
"C'mon Jim! Hurry!" She thought anxiously.
She saw him finish cutting the bottom part and start with the top one.
O'Hara started stomping the floor with both feet but in the end it was for nothing as Jim finished cutting through the last part and kicked the the fence open.
He took his duffle bag off the ground and took out the phone to make the car drive through, much to Tracy's relief.
After getting through that hurdle, Jim closed the fence and drove the car to the second row of dilapidated houses. He was a bit weirded out that he was outside the car while driving it, it was like driving a giant toy car that weighed more than a ton.
After parking it in a secluded place, he opened the passenger door to see that O'Hara was awake. He was glad he still had his mask on, otherwise he'd be in for it later.
"Thanks for keeping her down, T." Jim said as he put on and secured the other enhancer arm. 
He also took out some duct tape from the duffle bag. 
"This'll keep her mouth shut."
He tore off a piece and nodded to Tracy. She let her mouth go and before she could say anything, Jim slapped the duct tape on her mouth.
"Okay. I'll bring her in, you can go out and stretch while I take care of her."
"Thanks."
Jim pulled O'Hara out and dragged her into the house.
"I hope he goes easy on her..." She thought as she popped the door open.
O'Hara struggled the entire time Jim dragged her to the abandoned house, attempting to escape any way she could. But she wasn't strong enough to free herself from him as long as he wore the enhancers.
Jim opened the door of the house and put his duffle bag down. 
He dragged O'Hara to what looked like the dining room and ripped the tape off her mouth, and also noticed her beginning to cry.
"Please don't kill me!"
"Tell me everything, Delilah!" Jim put on his intimidating, low voice for the interrogation.
"H-How do you know my name?"
"Next time, don't bring your wallet to a government mission. That is... If there will be a next time for you..."
"No! Please! I'll talk!"
"First of all, why are there Neo-Human agents after us and who are they? Tell me what their powers are, as well as yours!"
"Uhhh..." O'Hara knew that if she said anything to him, she'd be in huge trouble. 
"I thought you said you'd talk."
"I... Can't..."
"We're in a soon-to-be demolished house, you think there would be any cameras in here?"
"I just can't, please!"
"Fuck..."
Jim then pulled out the shotgun she had on him previously.
"The tables have turned Delilah. I control the situation now, so if you don't want me to use this, you will tell me what I need to know!"
"Please! I just want to live a new life!"
She cried pathetically in front of Jim as he held the gun in resting position, he never liked hearing women cry and he felt awful that he was doing this to this poor woman, but the reality was that he had to.
"Look! I just want to bring my friend home, that's all. But the moment you people were sent, that changed everything! Now if you talk, rest assured that none of it will be leaked and you can go on, I'll even give you enough money to go on for a few days, but only if you answer my questions! Deal?"
"I..." She thought for a moment, the offer he had told her was a great improvement over her current state, even if she didn't know where she was. "Okay... just please, don't let them know!"
"To start off, who are they? Your entire team, names and powers. Now!"
"Okay... Jamie Savage can control blood, he can basically make people into his puppets if he can focus."
"Was he the one that grabbed me?"
"No, he was the one Price grabbed at the start. Joseph Arber is the one who grabbed you. He's our scout and sniper. He basically has X-ray vision and can zoom in on targets miles away even without a scope."
"Who's the girl with the wrecking ball hand?"
"Audrey Kane. She's basically made of liquid metal so she's near indestructible."
"Shit... What about you?"
"I'm just their undercover person, their spy. I can shapeshift."
"Good thing I have my mask on, then. Anyone else I should know about?"
"Our other muscle. They didn't arrive yet when you and Price... Attacked us."
"Spill it."
"Kim Marcel has bulletproof skin and Dom Hanes is basically The Hulk. Okay? Got what you need now?!"
"A few more things. Who's in charge of all this?"
"General Brooks. She collected us and tasked us with finding you and the others."
"Tell me about her."
"I-I don't know her, honestly! She just put me in the team and gave orders! I don't know anything about her, I swear!"
"Okay... What sort of methods are the government using to track down people like me?"
"CIA, FBI, NSA, they're pulling out all the stocks. They overhaul and start investigations, surveillance cameras to satellites, monitoring calls and messages, everything! Then they strengthen searches in places of interest or confirmed places where more can be but that's all I know. Now please let me go!" Delilah pleaded one final time.
"Do you people know who I am?"
"N-No. General Brooks is having a hard time finding you out."
"Okay. You swear that's all? Today is not a good day to lie to me."
"I swear! Please let me go!"
"Alright... And just so you know..."
Jim pointed the gun straight up and pulled the trigger, nothing came out.
"I emptied the gun while you were out."
Delilah breathed a sigh of relief as she was cut from her bounds with a small utility blade Jim had and showed her wallet.
"You have an extra 500 dollars there. That should be enough for you to last until they find you and pick you up."
"Th-Thank you!" Delilah stood up shakily and pocketed her wallet.
"I'm going to give you a headstart. Get as far away from here as you can. Now." 
"Thank you."
Jim let her out of the house and she ran out like a bat out of hell. Tracy was startled to say the least and she thought about catching her as she ran past, but she saw Jim calmly walk out with his bag in hand.
"Let her go... I got what I needed. I'll tell you about it on the way"
"Oh... Okay... You didn't hurt her or anything, did you?"
"No. I just made her a deal she couldn't refuse. Gave her 500 dollars and a headstart. But now, the government knows we're together, so the only advantage we have is that they still don't know who I am, and that's the only good thing we have with us. We need to get to the next city as fast as we can."
"Where's that?" 
Just looked at the screen on his right arm and searched for the next city.
"El Paso. Very close to Texas and from there it'll only be half a day to Oklahoma City. So we lay low there, let the heat die down, get a truck, and wait for Jeffrey. It's also pretty far away from here, so we have quite a lot of distance from them."
"So close... I hope my family’s okay..."
"Don't worry. I'll take you back to them. I promised you that, didn't I?"
"Yeah. Thanks to you, I made it this far."
"Yeah..." Jim sighed "But at what cost?" He thought. Guilt still in his mind.
"So..." Tracy stretched one more time. "Back in the car?" She said, already feeling uncomfortable.
"Afraid so... I'll make it up to you later tonight."
"Thanks. But you don't need to do that, you know."
"I know, but I want to. We're so close, but we have to wait for a few more days because of me..."
"Hey... I can wait. No need to be hard on yourself. And besides, a few more days with you sounds good."
"Right... Well, let's get moving."
"Kay."
Tracy reluctantly got back in the too-small car and Jim drove it out of the fence remotely before closing the fence and then getting in himself and driving towards El Paso.

Delilah watched the hummer drive away as she hid amongst the crowd across the street from the fence.
She wondered why Jim let her go. He didn't seem unintelligent so he knew that letting a shape-shifter go free would mean that she could be anyone, and it would also mean reuniting her with her team. It just didn't make sense to her. This was the rogue Neo-Human that was causing so many problems?
"Scared the shit outta me but... He let me go... And with cash too..."
It made her question some of the things that she and the govenment were doing. However, she had nowhere else to run to but them, so she had to spare those thoughts for the meantime and decided to wait things out until the team found her.
"Should probably- What the?"
She touched her right ear for her hidden earpiece, but it wasn't there.
In fact it was with Jim! He took it away from her along with the duct tape when the interrogation started.
"Okay, now I know he knows what he's doing!"

"How are holding up, Tracy?"
"I'm good. Aside from my leg. Where the sniper hit."
"Sorry. I don't have the tools for bu-bullet extraction. Ugh..."
"Squeamish?"
"Only if it's deep in."
"Well you don't need to worry, when I shrank down, the round got pushed outta my leg. The gunshot wound's just really sore."
"In that case, I'll buy some first aid stuff and any other supplies we can afford. Then when we get to El Paso, we’ll wash all the clothes we have, along with selling this car for scrap."
"I'm half-tempted to scrap the roof and turn this into a convertible."
"I'll make this trip as fast as we can. We'll be there by... I'm guessing 5 o'clock?"
"Great... I better get used to tense back muscles then..."
"Well... I can also get some massage oil. I'm adept at massage therapy."
"Really? Anything else you're good at?"
"Boxing. It was the only sport that appealed to me. Never been in the ring though."
"So that's how you know how to take care of yourself out there!"
"It’s also the reason I know first aid. See, punching a bag bare-fisted? That is not a good idea…”
Tracy chuckled a bit as they continued to drive on.
It was a long road to El Paso but Jim knew the government would have trouble tracking him and Tracy in a relatively large and densely populated area as opposed to a small town with fewer places to hide. However with more places to stay also came with more people. He was concerned about finding a shelter for Tracy in particular. She could always hide in the car like before, but now, she was an even bigger target, and much more conspicuous.

Meanwhile, Delilah was just waiting in a nearby deli ordering a sandwich and some coffee to calm her down after all she had been through. The waitress brought her order and filled her mug as she spaced out in thought while looking out the window. The waitress noticed this, along with her dusty clothing.
"Something the matter, miss?"
"It's nothing really. Just... Having some doubts about things."
"Must be pretty serious judging by how you look. No offense."
"None taken." 
"If you need anyone to talk to, I'll just be here."
"Thanks..."
As the waitress left, Delilah resumed her thoughts as she looked out the window.
Her previous line of work didn't involve reconnaissance and interrogations, the most she had to do was evacuate in a helicopter when a fire got too wild in a forest, so the adjustments she had to make for the deal she had with the government were hard on her. She wanted nothing more than to go back to her watchtower and read her books on a quiet summer day.
"It's so messed up now... and now I'm hunting good people... what the hell am I doing?" She thought as she took a bite out of her sandwich.
However, her train of thought was disturbed by seeing Kane and Hanes on the back of a jeep passing by. It stopped a street away and Arber came out of the driver's seat.
"What the hell?" She said silently.
Arber saw Delilah nearly immediately and told the rest to wait. After barging into the diner Arber went to Delilah's booth, sat down, and spoke calmly as not to make a scene.
"You got away?"
"They let me go."
"What?"
"After finding a place to dump me they just kicked me to the curb."
"Did you see what he looked like?"
"No. I was knocked out the whole time. Woke up in an that demolition site over there."
"Did they steal anything?"
"They took my piece, and my..."
Delilah pointed to her ear to show she didn't have her earpiece on.
"Fuck. So now they have a line straight to us, gonna need to call Brooks about that."
"I'm sorry. This was all my fault for hesitating..."
"If it's anyone's fault it's Savage's. Anyway, it's good that they didn't do anything to you. If you feel up to it, you can still be on the team. But if you need to rest, I can call transport in to take you back to base."
"Yeah... Back to base sounds good..."
"Alright, just take your food to go and ride with us for a little while I call in, alright?"
"Thanks."
Arber stood up and walked out of the diner while Delilah called for the waitress to bring her a to-go box.
"At least I can get some peace and quiet back at the base..." She thought as she looked at Arber waiting at the jeep with the others though the window.

Hours later, with Jimmy and Tracy, after a few stops for food and other supplies, they finally reached El Paso after speeding though the clear highways and waiting for traffic to go by on some roads.
At almost 6 in the evening, the day was almost over for them.
"Alright, we're here. Just gotta find a place to stay..."
"Finally, my back is killin' me!" 
"Just a little more and you can lie down."
"What's the plan this time?"
"We're gonna stay in a storage unit. There's one close by, the outdoor garage units should be big enough for us."
"As long as I can lie down, it'll be fine."
"I'll get us some new bedding in the morning, but right now, I think we both need a break from this day. It's been really hard..."
"You got that right."
Jim drove to storage garages a few blocks away, making sure to shut off the head and tail lights so as not to draw any unwanted attention.
They soon reached the storage garages, and fortunately for them, the facility had electronic gates.
Jim easily hacked into their systems through a backdoor and opened the gate, along with freezing the security cameras temporarily.
"Nice tech here. Free security for us, I guess."
"That's one way to look at it.”
"Alright... The 10 by 25 garages should be good."
"250 square feet is plenty."
"Okay. And all of the locks here are electronic too! Yes!”
"Never seen a storage unit with electronic locks."
"They must be weary of people sneaking in with bolt cutters, cutting their way into a garage. Looting people's shit."
"Fair enough."
Jim saw three units marked as ‘vacant' and unlocked one, the garage door opened loudly so Jim just drove the hummer in quickly and killed the engine.
He unlocked the other doors and got out to shut the door of the unit containing the hummer, but it jammed.
"Crap!" 
Jim jumped, but couldn't reach the door 5 feet above him.
Tracy squeezed out of her vehicular confines one final time, severely denting the roof outwards during the process in her rush to help Jim. As soon as she was out, she grabbed the door and pulled it down easily.
"Did we get spotted?!" She said quietly as she shut the door.
"Hold..."
He unfroze the surveillance cameras and saw the feed, a few security guards were checking around but they weren't close enough to have seen them.
"No, but we need stay quiet for the rest of the night."
"Yeah... Ugh, my back is killing me." 
"At least you can stand here... Just barely..." 
"Well... top of my head brushing the ceiling is a lot better than me having to hunch over. I just wanna... Lie.. Down..." She said as she bended her back backwards to an impressive degree.
"Your talent in gymnastics still shows..."
"I could never quite do the splits, though..." She joked.
"Alright, let's relax. I'll give your back the massage it needs."
"Do... I need to... take off my clothes?" She said, a bit embarrassed .
"Uh... Well you don't need to if you don't want to. I can work with them on, don't worry."
"A'ight... Sor-"
"Don't be sorry, I understand. Just sit down and let me work my magic!" He said extremely confidently to humor Tracy.
"Sure."
She sat down and Jim started massaging her shoulders and back.
At first Tracy was a tad uncomfortable, but she soon relaxed as Jim worked on her back. He had a lot more muscle to deal with than the regular person, but he adapted.
Before long, he was finished, and Tracy felt a lot better, sighing in relief.
"That's just what I needed. You should charge for that."
"That's what my mom used to say."
Tracy chuckled a bit, then yawned.
"Mind if I hit the hay?"
"Yeah... We should sleep. We'll concern ourselves with everything tomorrow."
"Kay. Thanks, Jim."
"Anytime."
Tracy lied against the wall at the corner with Jim taking their belongings out of the car.
Then he started typing on his phone, Tracy noticed this and decided to speak up.
"Hey, Jim?"
"Yeah?"
"Wanna relax and sit next to me?"
"Uh... Sure."
Jim sat next to Tracy, and she wrapped her left arm around him.
"What's the matter?"
"Nothing. Just thought you should take a break too, even if it's only for 2 hours."
"I can take care of myself, T."
"Nope. I ain't letting you go until you sleep along with me."
"Fine... I know I can't break away from your grip anyway."
"You better believe it!"
They both laughed.
And with that, Jimmy and Tracy lay next to each other and soon fell asleep, putting the day behind them.

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.