- Text Size +

"Tracy... Tracy.. Tracy!"
Tracy sat up quickly and frantically looked around. She was still in the car and Jimmy was waking her up.
It was almost seven in the morning.
"I'm really sorry to wake you but.. we're here!"
"Vegas?" Tracy said, still sleepy.
"Not just in Vegas. We're at my old apartment."
"What?"
"Yeah, we're here! So I'm going to get my stuff and explain things to Jeff. You-"
"Stay here? Like I have anywhere to go."
"Sorry. Just figured you'd want to know where I'm gonna be."
"It's fine Jim. I'll just sleep in a little more."
"Okay."
As Tracy laid down again, Jimmy parked the car in an alleyway and got out with the duffle bag in hand.

Jeff heard a knock on the door and took out his revolver as a precaution.
"Who is it?"
He didn't hear a reply from who was at his door so Jeff looked through the peephole, but it was covered by something. He opened the door and saw nobody, however there was a piece of paper stuck to the door by a needle right over the peephole.
"What the?"
The note told him to go to the alleyway nearby.
"Hmm..."

Minutes later, Jeff was in the alleyway. He had his gun in his holster concealed by a jacket he was wearing and his hand was ready to pull it out if trouble came his way.
"I got the note! Whoever the fuck you are, you’d better show yourself!"
"Jeffrey..."
He recognized the voice that called him.
"Jim… Jimmy?! What's going on?! This better not be a fucking prank!"
Jimmy tapped his shoulder and he turned around nervous, clutching the gun in it's holster, and a confused expression plastered on his face.
"WHAT THE FUCK JIM!? Where have you been?! Why did you leave your shit?! What the Hell was with that note?!" He said angrily
"I can explain! Sorta..." 
"Go! Explain it then!" 
"Okay. Just keep and open mind about this!" Jimmy took a deep breath "On the night I disappeared some military group barged into my room and I teleported into my computer! I was in the internet for two days and when I came out I was in San Francisco and only a few hours had passed! I went into Alcatraz and broke other people with powers out and I did it and now I gotta go to Oklahoma to bring one of them back home and I took a detour to tell you all this!" Jimmy said it as fast as he could and at the end he was breathing heavily
"What…?" Jeff said more confused than ever
"I can prove it!"
Jimmy put down the bag and showed Jeff the enhancers.
"A costume? Really?"
"Not a costume."
Jimmy put it on and started showing the features, such as, mobile computer, plasma cutter, and charge launchers.
"The fuck...?"
"I got more to say, but first I need to wake her."
"Wake who?"
Jimmy made a gesture for Jeff to follow him and they got to the van.
"Just wait.”
Jimmy went in the car as Jeff was just trying to process everything. He soon heard Jimmy and another person, a woman, arguing inside the car momentarily. Then the back door opened and a pair of large legs came out.
"Uh... Hey there... Jeff?" Tracy said nervously as she came out of the car.
"Whoa..." Jeff said stunned to see the 9 foot tall girl come out of the car.
"Don't freak out! Just breathe!" Jimmy said trying to calm down his friend.
"Tell me everything... Slowly this time.”

"And that's what happened." Jimmy said after he and Tracy finished explaining everything what had happened.
"Then why are talking here?! There's cameras! They could be on to us!"
"Relax. I disabled all of the cameras in the alley before I left you that note."
"Okay... So why did you come back?"
"Because you're my best friend and you deserve to know this! And my stuff... but you're the main reason!"
"I'm touched…”
"You haven't been questioned or anything, have you?"
"No."
"It's been a day, so they could be at your door any moment. Better be ready for that."
"Well, why don't I join you? I can help you out!"
"Jeff, if your gone a day after my disappearance people are gonna notice."
"I'll tell them I'm going somewhere."
"Uh... Tracy help me out here... uh..."
"I don't know! Don't look at me Jim!"
"Okay... Uh... Jeffrey… You are my best friend. And you've heard the things me and Tracy went through, I am in some really hot water! Getting you in it and risk you getting hurt or worse is something I can't take! I don't want to see you kill yourself for me if things get batshit crazy! That's why your staying!"
"Come on Jimmy! Let me come along!" Jeff pleaded.
"No! Jeff, it's too dangerous!"
"Please! You're like a brother to me."
"All the more reason for you to stay..."
The two friends looked at each other knowingly and Jeffrey gave in.
"Okay... I'll stay... But give me a way to contact you without getting tracked!"
"I have an idea... You stay with Tracy and I'll jury-rig something up."
"Uh... Okay..."
Jimmy ran off, leaving Jeff with Tracy.
"Well..." Tracy said "That was sudden."
"He does that sometimes. So..." He couldn't think of anything to say to the Southerner.
"Can you tell me more about Jim?" Asked Tracy as she sat at the car's backdoor entrance.
"Well... he's been one of the only people I've been comfortable taking to since... Things... Happened to my family. And I know that he'll do anything to help people in need, like you."
"I can tell. I'm really lucky to have met him."
"Me too..."

Nearly an hour later, Jimmy came back to the two talking. Tracy had gone back in the car and closed one of the doors because people were beginning to walk around. But from what he could see, Jeff was having a good conversation with Tracy.
"Hey!" Jimmy called out as he walked towards them with something in his hand.
"Jimmy! What are holding?" Jeff asked.
"A couple of old cellphones. Just let me do a few things and we can contact each other anytime we want."
"Okay... How?"
"Watch." Jimmy said as he connected all three smartphones to the internet.
"A-Are you gonna-"
"Sure am buddy. Get in the car and watch the awesome!"
After everyone was in the car, he was going to show Jeff and Tracy something that they hadn’t seen yet.
"Okay... I'll be working on this for a few hours maybe, but that'll just be a few minutes for you guys."
Jeff and Tracy watched closely as Jimmy made the phones glow blue and in a flash disappeared without a sign of ever being there.
"What... The... Fuck...?" Jeff said
"Wow..." Tracy said, also amazed
"I have a best friend that can do that... my life just went from boring to Holy Shit!"
"I ain't never seen him do that until now. It's a fuckin' magic act!"
"I'm jealous..."

After a few minutes, Jimmy came out of the phones as they rebooted.
"I'm back!"
"Dude, that is so fucking awesome!"
"So, what did ya do Jim?"
"I rewrote the code of all the phone's software, created a private and secure network that's heavily guarded, and connected the phones to it."
"Uh... Okay..." Jeff said confused
"What does that mean Jim?" Tracy asked
"I made these phones able to contact each other while removing it's traceability."
"Oh. Awesome!"
"But, how do I use mine? My hands are twice the size of the phone." 
"I made yours so that it works on speech primarily. Downloaded a more accurate program for it as to avoid any autocorrect errors as well."
"A'ight. Thank ya Jim!"
"If anybody has an emergency that involves the G-men, call or send a message."
"Okay... how will you deal with it?" Jeff asked
"You saw me teleport into the phones and out. I can just teleport through mine to get to either one of you guys, as long as they're connected to each other by the private network."
"Awesome!" Jeff proclaimed
"How did you do all this?" Tracy asked
"I read a hacker's files for a day, nonstop. I picked up a lot of tricks from all that."
"So what now?" Jeff asked
"Same. I'm taking Tracy home and I'll decide what to do from there. At least now you know the truth, and if I need you? I'll call."
"I still think I should go with you guys."
"Sorry bro, I won't allow it. And this time, no arguments!"
"You should trust him Jeffrey. If he's smart enough to bust in and out of a government facility, he knows the right thing!"
"Okay... J-Just... Make sure to call whenever you can Jimmy. And be safe... Or I'm gonna run fresh out of friends..."
Jimmy put his hand on his best friend's shoulder.
"I promise, I'll come back... when it's over... no need to say goodbye."
And with watery eyes, the two friends hugged.

After getting his important items from Jeff's apartment, Jimmy was back in the car and was about to leave.
"Thank you Brother... for everything." Jimmy said as he shook Jeff's hand though the driver's side window.
"You better keep that promise!"
"I will. Be safe Jeffrey."
Jimmy closed the window, started the engine, looked at his friend one last time, and drove off.
As he saw his friend drive into a world of potential danger, Jeffrey said one last thing.
"I can't guarantee that...."

"You are here today on a matter of utmost concern." General Brooks said. Her blue eyes calm yet piercing, almost like she was looking through a person to see the inside of their mind.
"You men and women have been effected by the Hadron Interference and were tested in order for you to control your new abilities. And from the reports that I've read, you selected individuals have passed. However, the real work? It's about to begin. All six of you, follow me."
The group walked out of the room they were in and into hallways with glass panels for walls.
They were in the Oregon facility, experimental technology was moved here after the Alcatraz facility's infiltration and breakout. The scientists were seen testing a new jetpack technology, dubbed "The WidowMaker" after the first prototypes caused the untimely end for the test subjects after the propellers went haywire and caused decapitation.
The individuals that were following General Brooks composed of:
Domenick Hanes, an Austrian-American that was training in the Navy. During the Hell Week training his body flooded with an organic steroid that caused his muscles to grow exponentially, give him super strength, and made his skin turn dark red. However he could only sustain such a form for a limited time before his body gave out and became temporarily anorexic. After waking up in the infirmary a day later, strapped down to the bed for precaution, he was approached by Nightcaps that explained his situation and offered to undergo a special program, which he accepted.
Kimberly Marcel, she was a riot police when she started getting frequent skin irritation, but she shrugged them of. During a riot, she about to be stabbed in the arm by a rioter but the blade broke against her skin and she took down the rioter. After some news of this came out in her department, Nightcaps came to her doorstep to offer the program. After some thought, she joined in.
Joseph Arber, a farm boy that joined the military to become an elite sniper. He received his wish when he went blind one day and his sight was restored in three days for an unknown reason. When he went back to training, he discovered that he could see in different ways, ranging from infrared, the visible spectrum, ultraviolet, and even see targets from miles away as if they were only feet away. He kept this a secret and became a sniping legend overnight. His officers were suspicious of him and his profile was sent to the higher ups and eventually circulated to General Brooks herself. She tested him in various ways before an interrogation had to be done in order for him to confess his ability. Seeing the potential for him, Brooks offered him to join herself and he jumped on the opportunity.
Jamie Savage, he was a European hitman working for the mob. He gained the ability to control the liquid plasma commonly found in blood, and was eliminating people for the mob by controlling the liquid that flows in the unknowing victim and making them kill themselves, making it look like a suicide. However he needed a few minutes of concentration and focusing on the target in order to do this terrifying act. He was caught after a sting operation surprised the mob he was working for and he couldn't focus from the resulting firefight. However, he escaped jail using his powers. The resulting manhunt and recapture at his known safehouse caused him to be put into solitary confinement without a chance of parole. But after the jail guard that he controlled could not rationally explain why he let him free during questioning, the video recording was sent to the FBI and got it's way to the Nightcaps and General Brooks. They offered Savage freedom, if he worked for them. Seeing no other way out, Savage had no choice but to join in on the project. However, as a precaution, Brooks had irremovable explosive ankle straps placed on him so if he acted against them or try to escape she can push the detonator and blow his feet off.
Delilah O'Hara, a Canadian woman that worked as a ranger. She bailed out of her job as a ranger after the park caught fire and it was found out that she had communications with a missing person that was hiding a death in the park. She went to a different state to escape. Then, she discovered that she could change her appearance to look like anyone. All she needed was a full body shot and half an hour to fully change her appearance to look like anyone she wants. However, one drawback was she couldn't adjust her height, eye colour, and her DNA was the same. After multiple robberies and thefts left unsolved in the town she stayed in, undercover Nightcaps were suspicious and decided to tap into the NSA video surveillance in the town and found multiple different men and women going into the same motel room, and different people coming out every time. After capturing her and placing her in the White Room so she couldn't get any visual stimuli they questioned her hours later using the room's intercom. She easily cracked and confessed everything to them. General Brooks reviewed the video recording and knew she could be useful. Soon the Nightcaps let her out and offered to wipe her record clean and give her a new identity and transportation to anywhere she wants if she participated in the program. She accepted.
And Audrey Kane was a young woman who had an abusive father that beat her for most of her childhood up until adolescence. After years of torment, she passed high school and ran away to join the military. There she had the opportunity to turn the pain she endured into strength and use it to become one of the best in training. But, slowly, she noticed her body becoming progressively heavier, the ability to feel physical pain was becoming numb, and she didn't feel hunger or fatigue. After acceding training standards she was approached by Nightcaps that wanted to conduct a test. During an MRI scan, she was attracted to the enormous electromagnet and was turning into a liquid metal against the MRI's surface. After the MRI was cut from it's power and she managed to pull herself together again, Audrey tried to escape but was stopped by the electric fence outside. Waking up in a medical theater, scientists calmed her down and explained her situation. After slightly coming to terms with this, the Nightcaps told Audrey about her potential in a Black Ops project that they had planned. She agreed to join under the condition that they imprison her father for life.

After walking past the labs General Brooks and the team entered a room with a large monitor and a round table.
"You are all here for a reason. Whatever that reason is, we shall fulfill it after an agreed two years of service for those who didn't already serve the government and five for those who do. As your first mission, we are giving you a manhunt." She turned on the monitor to display recorded video surveillance from Alcatraz. She then selected the video that had a masked, hooded man wearing robotic devices on his arms and legs.
"An unknown Neo-Human broke into our Alcatraz facility, stole experimental weapons and hacking technology, and also managed to set free the captive Neo-Humans in the holding cell. We have yet to pinpoint his identity, and his ability is still under speculation."
"Any leads?" Savage asked with an unamused tone. He obviously didn't want to be there, but it was marginally better than solitary confinement.
"Some blips and traces of him have been showing up, however we can't get a good track on him."
"How do we scope him out then General?" Arber questioned.
"We have the permission to tap into the data bases and surveillance systems of the NSA and FBI for any leads on him. The latest suspicious activity was cameras being disabled in a small block for two hours. We're sending Arber, Savage, Kane, and O'Hara to that location. Hanes, Marcel. You two remain here until needed."
"Understood General Brooks." Hanes said.
"The rest of you leave at 0800 hours. That is all."
The group was leaving the room however Brooks silently stopped Kane and as the young woman turned around to look at her superior, Brooks gave her a special order.
"Kane, make sure to keep an eye on Savage. He's dangerous, and you're the only one on the team that's possibly immune to his powers."
"Of course General!"
"Good. I want to be sure that there's a backup for him if what I have fails."
"Affirmative! I'll keep tabs on him."
"Thank you Kane. That is all."
Kane saluted and turned to walk back to the group. leaving Brooks to think.
"If this goes well, imagine the applications!"

Jimmy and Tracy were resting in the car for a while in a parking lot of a mall. He had bought some electronic parts, USB wires, a battery case for the phone, power banks, and solar chargers.
"Why all the stuff Jim?" Tracy questioned.
"Well, now that we have phones that work off the radar, I plan on keeping them off the radar. Charging them at public stations can get the data stolen without us even knowing it, so that explains the chargers. Then the parts? I have a plan for my phone!"
"What's it gonna do? Drive cars?" She said jokingly.
"Yep! And more!" 
"Wait... what?"
"Yeah! I can modify this to hack a car's mobile computer, traffic light sensors, and other people's phones."
"Wait, how?!"
"People have hacked those things before, I'm just going to use the parts and the computer on the enhancer to modify my phone."
"No, I mean how did you learn all this?" 
"I had a day to read a hacker's files and picked up some tricks."
"Your just full of surprises, aren't you?" She said in an impressed tone.
"Yeah, but it'll drain the battery pretty quickly when I do that kind of stuff, since it needs a shit-ton of processing power, so I need to be careful with my usage."
As he spoke, Jimmy handed Tracy what he thought was more food and water, but it ended up being a can of black spray paint.
"Black spray paint? What's this for?"
"Oh! Uh... Haha! I was gonna use that actually..."
"For what?"
"Well... I figured that since the enhancers are mine now... I should customize them to my liking. So I bought some paper to make some stencils that I can spray paint on. With that." He said, pointing at the black spray paint.
"Well, they are yours now. You can do whatever you want with them. But you're planning to wear them around? I thought we were supposed to be off the radar." 
"I'm only ever going to use them when I need to knock people on their ass. And I'm going to be wearing the mask as well, so people aren't gonna see my face."
"I guess that makes sense. You're lucky that you can hide yourself so easily, if it wasn't for you finding a way to get me around unnoticed I'm sure I woulda been the first one they found." Tracy said sadly.
Jimmy was saddened thinking about how Tracy can't go out in the public eye anymore, and how she's confined to a small metal box on wheels. Soon his eyes wandered to the GPS map and he had an idea. Using his powers he searched around the map for a suitable location without touching the screen.
"You know what?"
"What?" 
"There's a place about a half hour away from here where we can camp out. So you can stretch your legs!" 
"You sure?"
"I'll scope it out first to make sure."
"Thanks for caring Jim."
"Again, it's no problem."

Later the two were at an abandoned construction site. There had been numerous zoning disputes with the company that was planning to erect the building and the local government officials, so it was shut down and abandoned since. Most of the building's first, second, and third floor was already constructed, it was covered in graffiti, and there wasn't a soul in sight. It was the perfect place for them to camp out and lay low.

Jimmy carefully drove onto the site. There were plenty of wooden palettes and rusty beams to obscure the van and Tracy from people walking and driving by. He backed up and parked in a good area and shut the engine.
"We're good here, we can camp out and sleep here for tonight."
"A'ight"
Jimmy stuffed the electronics into the duffel bag with the enhancers and the painting supplies into the paper bag, then he exited the vehicle. After putting the bags he had outside, he opened the back door for Tracy.
She got out and they both went into the building with their bags in hand.
Tracy was reminded by Jimmy to duck under the doorways as she was about to go though them. It was very strange for her to be so tall and having to duck under six and a half foot high doorways, fortunately the first floor was constructed with very high ceilings and not that many windows.
"It's not much but, at least you're not sitting down for hours at time for once."
"Yeah, my legs were beginning to go numb."
"So... uh... Oh! I got those garbage bags to fill up with clean water for your shower, and I got a bottle of shampoo and liquid soap. I got them while I was browsing through the electronics. Forgot about them! They're back inside of the car, but first we need to find some running water. It’s a construction site, so there should be some around here somewhere.”
"Yeah. Thanks Jim! I get to finally try out the clothes that you made!" 
"And you don't have to worry about me being a peeping tom. But if you catch me doing it, you have permission to punch me the face." He said jokingly. 
Tracy laughed at his joke.
"I'll definitely do more than punch you if that happens!" She said while giggling.
"More reason for me not to do it!" He said with a smile. "Alright, I'll look for water. You make yourself comfortable."
"Okay."
The two split up. Tracy going deeper in the building, and Jimmy going back out to the car to get the needed items.
After getting the garbage bags and walking around the site, he found a large, rusty, faucet. It was installed in case of a fire so the firefighters could attach their hoses, so it basically functioned as a fire hydrant.
"This could work!"
He secured the garbage bag to the faucet with an elastic band and tried to turn the valve. After a few attempts he realized that it was rusted stuck, but he had an idea.
“Hey, Tracy!”
Tracy came over as soon as he called.
"So, I'm guessing you want me to turn it on, that right?”
"Yeah... I-I'm not very strong."
"Okay, I got it."
"Gently. We don't wanna burst the bag."
"I know."
And, with hardly any effort, Tracy turned the valve and the water flowed in and filled up the bag.
"That wasn't so hard now!"
"Thanks Tracy."
"Ain't no problem!" 
They fill up two bags then, Tracy shuts it off. After they're tied up, Tracy carries them back to the building she was in with Jimmy following.
After making some makeshift shower curtains with some tarp and rebar Tracy bent into shape and tying up the bags on some iron rods and hanging them off the second floor window, Tracy had herself a shower. Jimmy gave her the shampoo and soap, then walked away to give her some privacy.
While Tracy was cleaning herself, Jimmy started working on his phone.

After Tracy was done she put on the clothes Jimmy modified for her. They were an okay fit. She wore the olive green tank top and the black "capri" pants. Jimmy made sure she was modest so the tank top mostly covered her assets, but did show a little skin.
Tracy then walked back in the building to see Jim with an enhancer on, rapidly looking between his phone and the computer on his arm with his eyes having a slight glow to them.
"Hey Jim!" She said with a little smile.
Jimmy looked up from his work. "Oh! Hey! You're done... a-and you're wearing what I made for you... so... do they fit okay?"
"They do! Thank you!"
"No problem."
"So, Wha'cha workin' on?" She said as he sat beside him.
"Uh... Well, I'm installing hacking software on my phone with the computer on the enhancer. I've already established a connection between the two, so that means they're going to work in tandem. Since I just found out that I can't install everything on my phone."
"So, they're gonna be splitting the load?"
"In a sense. The enhancer is going to do the real hacking, while phone is going to be used to wirelessly infiltrate what I need to hack. Like plugging your phone into a computer to download or upload things. Speaking of, I can already upload viruses."
"So, what are ya doing now?"
"I think... I can... hack cars now! Just finished." 
"Really?" 
"Well, I'm going to have to test it on our car first. So... care to join me?" 
"Absolutely!"
They both stood up and walked to the car. After a few seconds. Jimmy had successfully hacked into the car's mobile computer.
"And... Lock!"
The car's alarm started blaring.
"Shit! Shit! SHIT!"
"Jim! Turn it off!" 
He quickly shut off the alarm and everything was silent again. Fortunately nobody took notice of the alarm.
"Sorry! I think I'm going to have to fine tune this a little bit more."
"Jim! You coulda gotten us spotted!"
"I'm sorry! Maybe I shouldn't have gone for cars first. Should've gone for something simpler!"
"Yeah. What was the simpler option?"
"Phones. Like calls, messaging, and personal information."
"Why would you need someone's personal information?"
"To know if they're dangerous or something. At this point I think a little bit of paranoid caution is needed."
"Okay, fair point."
"I'll start working on it now. Hopefully I can get it done before tonight."
"Okay. Let's go back inside." 
"Oh! But first... Can you help me hide the car? Can't be too cautious now."
"A'ight, how?"
"Cover it with a leftover tarp. Just use the ones I used in your shower."
"Sure thing."
After pulling the tarp down and covering the car, they went back inside. Dusk was approaching.

An hour after Jimmy started working on the phone again, Tracy had a few thoughts.
"Hey Jim?"
"Yeah?"
"Why can't you just control tech straight away? You can already control some things by thinking it, why can't you just control anythin'?"
"I still don't entirely know how my powers work. But, I can only control simple things while I'm here in the real world. And for complex computers and systems, I seem to need a medium to do things. But when I'm inside something, I can do anything!"
"Huh... Could it be that, when your out here, your power is weakened. And while you're in there, your powers are at their strongest?" 
"Hmmm... That's a good theory. As much as you see me talk like I know things. I'm not entirely one hundred percent sure on everything. I'm just keeping a cool head on things."
"At least I can count on you to be cool at this time. If I was on my own, I'd be freaking out! Looks like your cool rubbed off on me!" She said with a little laugh.
"Maybe." He said with a small smile.
Suddenly the phone intercepted a call.
"What the? Hey! I did it!" 
"What is it?"
"I'm listening in on a call!" 
He turned on speaker mode and listened in, and a man with an obviously fake New York accent was speaking, followed by a Hispanic man.
"Hey Karim! You got the van?"
"Hell yeah! Bullet-proof glass and armor plating. Amazing what you can buy on the internet nowadays!"
"Good! Me, Frank, Trev, and Norm are gonna hit the jewels quick. You better be at that corner by 6:10! Got it?"
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't even fucking worry about it!"
"You better not mess it up! It's just a small score."
"I got this!"
"You better! Now lose that fuckin' phone!"
"Okay! Easy, boss! Christ almighty!”

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.