- Text Size +

 “So whose room is his house going in?” Abel had a hunch that the topic would be another source of bickering and decided to get it out the way with.

“Ours of course dear!” Blair responded thinking the question was a no brainer. Predictably that was not met without argument from her daughter.

“What teenager would want to stay over in the bedroom of his friend's parents!?”

“What parents would let a boy stay in their daughter's bedroom!?” Blair countered. Despite the implication it was a rare moment of normalcy for Tanner to be treated in a way that most parents react to the idea of their daughter having a boy around.

“Come on Blair we can trust her, let Tanner be around someone his own age.” Abel added trying to diffuse the situation.

Blair huffed taking notice to the last bit of his statement. “Someone his own age? What is that supposed to mean?”

“Uh oh, he hit the wrong button there.” Sensing a fight brewing Blake decided to head to her room while they were distracted and before Blair laid into him.

If Tanner had to come up with a nickname for Blake it'd be The Jolly Giant. She was friendly, fun loving, and without a care in the world, the downside being her energetic demeanor combined with her towering height often came off as very overwhelming and unnerving to the people shorter than her. That being said, that made Tanner all the more impressed by the level of caution and care that she demonstrated while holding him. She bordered on being overly cautious, taking each step upstairs as excessively slow as possible. It was justifiable given it was her first time holding him and when it came down to having a cautious holder versus a careless one the winner was a no-brainer as to what Tanner preferred.

As she walked down the hallway Blake stopped by a shut door with several signs that read messages such as “Stay Out.”, “Danger”, etc. plastered on it.

“I wonder whose room that is.” Tanner sarcastically mused.

With a closed fist Blake began pounding at the door relentlessly. “Sis’! Abigail! Gail! Gail! Come out!”

“The volume control needs some work still, I guess I can't ask for the whole world at once.” Tanner thought aloud, it's not like she'd hear him over the sound of her fist on wood. He didn't care what Abigail was doing, unless she was completely deaf it would take a special type of mental discipline to tune out Blake. Abigail was trying to stall out as long as possible hoping her sister would give up and leave her alone, but Blake was not keen on stopping any time soon and kept the assault on the door coming. Heck, if she went all out she'd unhinge the door sooner or later. Blake's tenacity triumphed before it reached that point and her victory came in the petite form of Abigail cracking the door open and peeking through the small opening.

“What do you want?” She groaned.

“Making sure you were alive in there sis', you've been in there for hours without coming out.”

“No kidding huh?” She responded, well aware of her extended recluse in her room.

“You didn't come to say hi to Tanner either.” Blake added holding him closer to the door. That mention caught the young girl's attention and she opened the door further leaving a glimpse of her petite frame exposed.

“Oh... hey, sorry I didn't hear it.” She apologized, her voice taking a much soft tone towards him. She looked like she had more to say until her older sibling chimed in again.

“Maybe you would've heard something if you didn't always have headphones on all the time.”

“Whatever.” Reverting back to her sour mood and shut her door again.

“A bundle of sunshine as always.” Tanner said.

Blake shrugged, continuing into her own room. “I think she gets it from my Dad. He says she reminds him a lot of him before he started wrestling and got his confidence.”

“Holy crap.” Tanner said.

“What?” She asked.

“It’s not a mess of chaos.” He concluded. By no means was her room immaculate having various assortments of clothes, sheets, and sports equipment cluttered on the floor, but compared to the havoc he was expecting it was a haven tidiness.

“I see you were well prepared for the occasion.” Blair quipped, noting the absence of room for Tanner’s house.

“Get off my case, there's plenty of room.” Blake scratched her head briefly before swiping her arm across her dresser, knocking over a plethora of cosmetic supplies onto the floor. “Tada.” She beamed at her successful creation of space for Tanner's house.

Blair shook her head walking over to the newly made area and sat it down. Now that they had the opportunity, both Blake's and her own glare were locked onto the structure and the gears in there head were turning in a blantantly overt manner that Tanner easily picked up on. He wished he knew what they found so fascinating about it, maybe it was hard for them to grasp that he spent the majority of his time in there when he wasn't being carried around. Since it was there first time seeing it, the mystique was much stronger for them where it has worn off for him ages ago. That was his speculative guess, he didn't know what was going through their minds as they turned to look at each other, appearing to have a nonverbal conversation.

“Hey Tanner…” Blake began looking down to him. “You don’t have to do it if you don’t feel comfortable, but um can we see you in it?”

If he listened to his gut his immediate response was going to be hell no, it was difficult for him though to shoot her down like that. He hadn't forgot about the bet during the match she played against Ingrid for the chance to see it. It was undeniable her interest came from a genuine curiosity that anyone in her shoes would have, why deny her the chance to have it satiated? “Alright, fine.”

A joyful squeal escaped from Blake, after always having to mind her P’s and Q’s in Ivory’s household it was impossible to hide her excitement for a chance to see in person what she had to imagine for so long. With another impressive display of self-restraint the tall teen gingerly lowered her friend into his house. Tanner would've liked to have entered from the door, but that was a minor complaint.

Once it dawned on him that the only reason they asked for him to enter his house was not only to look at him in it but actively watch, there request was no longer as simple as it sounded in hindsight. Self-conscious anxiety settled into his psyche as the surrounding light was overcast by the imposing shadows of the giant mother and daughter duo peering down from above.

He had a hard time bringing himself to look up at the two of them while he knew they were observing him. They weren't doing anything, yet Tanner was feeling the claustrophobic effects of there looming presence like it was somehow occupying physical space in his house.

Tanner bit the bullet and tilted his head up to look up at them, as mentioned before Ivory and Ingrid seldom lurked over him being well aware that it was a petrifying sight to him, but Blair and Blake didn't know any better. He also doubted that they knew they looked like harbingers of destruction from his vantage. Okay that was exaggerating, but being able to see nothing but there happy-go-lucky smiling faces beaming down at him, made him think at any moment he was the sitting duck prey that was going to get masscared. His mind and brain were in disharmony, he kept telling himself that they were harmless and wouldn't hurt him, but his brain wanted to kick the body into fight or flight mode. No matter how much he tried to convince himself otherwise, his brain wasn't factoring in anything besides the gaping size disparity; functioning under the basic premise that he was small and that Blair and Blake were gigantic, therefore he was in imminent danger. “C’mon, fight through it Tanner, you're past this.” He thought to himself to boost his morale.

“Am I supposed to be doing something specific?” Tanner forced himself to ask.

Blair and Blake didn't respond, appearing to be in their own world as they looked down at Tanner with a mixture of wonder and amusement in their eyes. They both stared at each other, breaking into a girlish fit of giggling. He’s heard that giggling before, out of his myriad of pet peeves one that was high on his list before his near total withdraw from the public was how much he used to hate how people. It was typical committed by young teenage girls and soccer mom's who found his small size to be nothing short of adorable. It was one of his pettier peeves when stacked up to more serious offenses, but tiny as he was, he was still a guy and it was emasculating.

“I’m sorry, you’re just too adorable!” Blair spoke up giving into impulse. The next thing Tanner saw was her hand bulldozing its way into his house displacing many of the small accessories in it as she cupped him into her palm and brought him up nuzzle him against her cheek. Did it even need elaboration to why Tanner hated shit like that?

Blake was around Tanner much more often and knew her mom committed a hefty no-no just then. “Hey Mom! Be careful!”

“I couldn't help myself, he was too cute.” Blair smiled, lowering him back down onto the dresser.

“Still, you could've scared him.” She explained.

Blair wasn't hearing any of it. “Nonsense! I didn't scare you, did I sweetheart?” Blair leaned in bringing her face closer to his. It amazed him how the incredible difference in statures didn't seem to register in her mind for better or worse. Even minor and subtle actions on her part was enough to alarm him and make him flinch.

“Not at all.” Tanner forced out with a painfully hollow smile that anyone who wasn't as straightforwardly happy-go-lucky as those two could detect. For a split second he wondered if his shrinking made him miss his calling as an actor. How he kept himself together through that was beyond him. Believe it or not that was one Blair's lighter displays of fondness that came at him and swept him in like a F5 tornado that he had no chance of escaping from until it ran its course.

“See I know what I'm doing.”

“Come on ladies! It's time to go!” The thunder in Abel's voice traveled upstairs and could easily mislead someone to thinking he was standing right in the room with them.

“Oh crap, I guess we've been keeping him waiting.” Blake said.

“Where's the fire?” Tanner asked.

“It's time for our 2 mile run. Dad hates it when people aren't on time, we'll catch you in a bit Tanner.” Blake answered, abruptly flying out the room after.

He didn’t think much of it at first, but that explained why they were all dressed in fitness attire. Tanner expected for Blair to follow Blake's lead downstairs to join Abel instead she looked back to him.

“Do you want to run with me Tanner?” Blair asked.

“Funny, I think I'd finish a 2 mile run sometime within a year.”

“Not literally run silly, you ride along with me I'll keep you safe.” She clarified.

His last impromptu adventure was far from what he would’ve liked it to be so he was apprehensive about trying the odds again. Then again he mainly had Marcelle to blame for things going as poorly as they did.

“Please dear, it'll be great. I'll be as careful as when I was holding Abigail as a baby.”

“Why not as careful as when you held Blake?”

“I dropped her once.”

“Heh.” Tanner chuckled once, that wasn’t the most encouraging thing to say but her blunt honesty added some levity. It was amazing for as intimidating as they appeared how easily both herself and Blake could turn up the charm and make themselves difficult people to say no to, what made it more effective was that they didn't even do it on purpose, it came with the territory of them being upbeat people.

“In that case, I'm all ears if you have a good means of transport.”

“Hn.” Blair mused, nothing new there waiting to coordinate how she was going to cross a bridge until she actually arrived at it. She continued humming to herself until her eyes perked up with an idea. Instead of explaining what she came up with she went right into action and pinched his shirt between her fingers, with her other hand pulled on the elastic waistline of her compression tights. Once she lowered him down to his chest she let go, allowing it to form to her body and securing Tanner in the process.

“ Pretty clever don't you think?” Blair gloated, gently prodding his body to ensure he was snug.

“Uh, yeah. .” He reluctantly agreed. It was clever sure, but did Blair seriously see nothing wrong with this? Maybe it was just his teenage mind going straight to the gutter in the fact he couldn't stop thinking that he was rather close to her... more private areas. If she thought of it as strange she'd never propose the idea, him bringing it up would only make things awkward. It wasn't as conventional as he was hoping, then again was anything in his life conventional?
Blair wasn't sure how Abel or Blake would respond if they learned she had Tanner riding with her, so she made sure to exit the house without making a fuss and stood behind Abel and Blake who were both stretching and zoning in, so they didn't pay her in serious attention.

“ So nice of you to finally join us, if you weren't my wife I'd have to punish you with 200 push-ups.” Abel commented with one of the typical punishments he'd give a team member for tardiness, he only briefly looked from the corner of his eye, so he failed to notice her companion. “ Alright, you gals know the drill lets go!” He commanded.

Tanner blinked once and the mountain of a man and daughter were already gone having bolted at a high speed, there level of athleticism was not something that he could overstate. He was sure they were going at a moderate but sustainable pace, but he still had a hard time believing anyone outside of professional track runners would have an easy time keeping up with them who got maximum distance coverage with each of there long strides.

Blair started well after them at a much more deliberate pace given her passenger at her waist while still making impressive speed in her own right. Unorthodox as her carrying method was, it was doing it's job and Tanner was safely in place after every motion made by the boisterous amazon mother. It still had its flaws though, the constant shifts of up and down with each step she took were a cause for motion sickness early for him while he tried to orientate himself. Focusing on the surrounding scenery helped take his mind off of that. He didn't think about it often, but the rare chance to see cars passing on the road and greenery (beyond Ivory's property line) made him think of the simpler things he didn't even know he missed and took for granted. The extents of the ordinary becoming extraordinary maybe something he may never fully grasp.

“ What's the matter Mom. Can't keep up!?” Blake yelled from several meters away, while she waited at a cross walk.

“ ...” Blair stopped in her tracks.

“ Don't tell me you're getting old on me!” She continued with a snicker while she egged her on. Reality was they both were equally matched in speed, but Blake was not privy to why her mom was moving so much slower than usual.

The mature adult thing to do would be ignoring the brash wisecracks of her daughter and proceed like she has so far. The odds of that happening were at a definitive 0, Tanner could feel Blair's blood boiling. It was already a lost cause and he wasn't going to waste his breath trying to dissuade her from giving in, a Goliath like Abel could barely reason with his own wife when she got into her moods so no way in hell would Blair listen to the tiny boy in her tights when she was already past the point of no return. “I'm going to go a little faster hun.” She said.

The more accurate statement was “I'm going to break into a full sprint.” because sprint Blair did. Tanner tried to brace himself accordingly but the sudden burst of momentum still took him out of his zone when she went straight from 3 to 10 in her running effort. He had never been able to ride a roller-coaster in his life (for obvious height restrictive reasons), but he imagined it was not far off to what he was experiencing now, it both exhilarated and terrified him how fast she was moving. The environment he was able to enjoy a moment ago was now zipping by him on fast-forward and the only things he could hear were the force of the wind passing him and the hearty exhales of Blair above.

Her adrenaline had to be pumping because that was the only way she'd be able to keep up her breakneck pace and her bodily functions were proof she was going all out. At her more casual pace her body had a light coat of perspiration that wasn't exactly pleasant for her passenger but tolerable. Now that she was completely exerting herself fresh drops of sweat were forming by the second and running down the length of her body, some finding there way to the ground, many finding a home on Tanner. In spite of his best efforts not to be grossed out, each drop for him felt like a half a bucket's worth being poured on him. Whenever he thought he was in the clear a new secretion coated his body. The straw that broke the camel's back was one that splashed on his head and a portion landing right in his eyes. Tanner shook his upper body in disgust and rubbed his eyes with his wrists. What he failed to consider was that the sheer elasticity of the tights was not enough to keep him up now that both himself and Blair were both slippery now. By the time Tanner cleared his vision he had slipped in further and was only neck high to her waist; the rapid shifts of movement from her giant strides sealed the deal leaving him completely wedged inside her tights.

“Shit!” Tanner cursed. Compared to his previous predicament he would've gladly have taken every last fluid ounce of perspiration without flinching if it meant not ending up in this spot. It was significantly hotter now that his body was confined nearby Blair's quads that were operating at full force. A muggy prison was what it was. The humidity was excruciating, her tights was absorbing most of her perspiration, that didn't help him though given his body was lodged right against it and his body was getting soaked, his own body was heated enough to start producing it's own sweat to the point he didn't know which was Blair's or his own. Fresh air was in short supply, her tights kept his body firmly in place against her spandex. When he pushed hard enough against it he could create enough space to get a better gasp of air, but the process was taxing on his arms being able to do it for only a few seconds at a time before needing to regain his strength.

Last of his issues was his position... right near her crotch. It was damn near irrelevant when stacked up to everything else, but the thought still lingered in the back of his mind. If Blair was going slower she may had been able to notice that Tanner slipped below the waistline, in the heat of entertaining her daughter's taunts it was the furthest thing from her mind. She had to have been going strong for at least a minute straight which was an eternity in this situation. Even the fastest animals on the planet can only sustain their top speeds for a short time, if could endure she'd have to slow down sooner rather than later.

Seeing her Mom catch up Blake kicked it into high gear to try and increase her lead again, but Blair remained in pursuit both girls leaving Abel in the dust who shook his head at how a simple run escalated into a race. For all the athleticism she possessed Blake had a hard time staying head after calling her Mom the O-word and the bull was within an arm's reach of the matador.

“ Um, wait a minute Mom!” Sensing she was in trouble, Blake tried to think quickly of something to smooth the tension. Blair wasn't interested and secured her arm around her daughter's neck and putting her into a headlock.

“Nu-uh! What did you call me back there?” She asked, squeezing.

“Nothing Mom!” Blake squealed.

“ Are you sure about that?”

“ Y-yes!”

“Did you call me what I think you called me?!” She squeezed a little tighter.

“N-no! You're a young stud, honest!” Blake finessed telling her Mom exactly what she wanted to hear earning herself a reprieve from the submission hold.

“Much better. Yeesh, making me have to run so fast.” Blair huffed.

“Why were you going so slow anyway?” Blake asked rubbing her now sore neck.

“Because I brought Tanner along with me.” She said, seeing no reason to hide it now.

Blake stared at her mother puzzled. “Where?”

“Right here-” Blair looked down and went pale in the face as she noticed he was not visible at the waist of her tights. Her mind immediately went into a frenzy wondering how she could've been so reckless. As fast as she was going who knows when or where he could've fallen out. Before she worked herself into a complete panic a tickle in her groin snapped her out of it. Her eyes lit up as she put two and two together and pulled on her tights. In an uncommon moment of modesty Blair's face reddened as she nervously reached in, luckily they've ran far away enough from the public for no one to see her fish out the sweat drenched Tanner.

“Er...” Blake stammered. “...Why was Tanner in your-”

“ Not... another...word.” A mortified red in the face Tanner replied. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Comments and opinions appreciated.