- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

im basically still on track with the monthly schedule letsgo

so i finally wrote the sexual scene that ive felt obligated to write because this is technically an x-rated story but the problem is 1. im very lacking in experience when it comes to the deed given the fact that ive had such an encounter once in my life and i was extremely inebriated and 2. some innate sense of prudishness forbis me from writing anything more risque than the word "stimulate" because im a big sissy

 

Night had fallen, but the oppressive downpour of rain showed no signs of stopping, sure enough. The ground - once dry and gritty as befitting a steppeland on the edge of a vast desert - was now a slurry of mud and stray blades of grass long uprooted from the viscous ground. The vexatious weather was much more tolerable when experienced from within the shelter of a cavern, with a warm fire’s comfort no less. Despite these accommodations, however, Teagan felt no more at ease now than she did when she was in the thick of the torrential deluge. If anything, she was now far more disconcerted. There was only one exit to a cave, and eight grizzled mercenaries stood between her and freedom. Sihil and the rest of the tomkins were huddled behind her, speaking among themselves in hushed tones. Teagan tried to pay them no mind, but she knew that their concerns were likely no different than her own. She still had no idea what these people wanted from her.

“I suppose it’s about time we spoke about what exactly you folks have taken such an interest in me over. If memory serves, you said you had a task for me, something about a night’s work with my talents, right?” Teagan queried with feigned forgetfulness, knowing full well that the man who had spoken to her earlier had said exactly that.

“Indeed, those were my words.” he said, scratching a fleck of dirt from the ricasso of his massive sword, “As I have also said earlier, we only demand a toll for the protection we provide from here to the end of Pazsich. We have struggled for years to purge thieving, murdering filth from these hills, and for the most part, we have always been successful. We’ve put more lowlife muggers and rapists to the sword than I can rightly keep count of, and we’re proud of it! Of course, I don’t mean to brag, for we are not perfect in that regard. For all the banditti we have slain or routed from these roads, there is one group that we have never managed to extinguish, a stain on these fair pastures that resists all of our efforts to rub it out!”

“So there’s a group of bandits you can’t handle on your own, and you want my help dealing with them, huh? If I knew you’d want me to risk my life to travel this stretch with your unneeded protection, I’d have found a different route. After all, if you need my strength to extirpate some petty thieves, I’m probably strong enough to have no need of your protection at all.”

“This rotten bunch far exceeds the likes of petty thieves in their ruthless atrocity. Their black hand has stretched its grasp over all of Paszich, and indeed, even into the highlands that you earlier claimed you hail from. It is only with the help of all the remaining noble families of Pazsich that we have managed to hold them at bay, and of those families, all have been destroyed save houses Althur and Von Nieders, slain one and all by these depraved brigands that show no mercy to their fellow man.”

Teagan’s heart skipped a beat at the mention of the name Von Nieders. Were these friends of Hannah’s group? If so, this didn’t bode well, not at all. If they knew that she’d destroyed the paltry wagon train that called itself Sudgau, they’d likely turn against her in an instant. 

“If this bunch is so terrifying, why do you think my help will be enough for you to take them on?” Teagan asked, genuinely puzzled.

Teagan’s focus was momentarily lost as she felt a slight tugging sensation on the back of her trousers. She looked behind herself to see Sihil tugging at her pants, apparently trying to quietly get her attention. Sihil’s expression conveyed urgency, but Teagan wasn’t about to talk to her in front of everyone.

“What’s the matter? Your tomkins getting away?” sarcastically inquired one of the landsknekte, a brown-haired woman with a stern face and a huge jagged scar running down her left cheek.

“Nothing of the sort. Can you answer my question, then?”

“They’re holed up in a fort.” the woman replied, “The last and only previous time we’ve tried to drive them out, we were unable to make it past the portcullis. We just need someone to open the gate for us. An impossible task for us, but if you’re able to manipulate objects at a distance as easily as you make it seem, you could probably undo the winch holding the gate without breaking a sweat.”

“So… you want me to open a gate? And that’s it?” Teagan inquired, now somewhat less averse to helping the landsknekte out.

“I think we can all agree it’s a simple task, so yes, that’s all we’d have you do for us. That being said… if you want more, you could always help us nail a few of the brigands yourself. Aside from the clothing we said we’d furnish you with, they’ve got quite a heap of stolen goods in that fortress of theirs, not to mention a few weapons from a few decades ago - better than any of the scavenged junk that most of us make do with - and, from what I’ve seen, quite an extensive collection of tomkin slaves.”

“Tomkin slaves?” Teagan blurted out, intrigued by the prospect.

“Heh. I knew that one would catch your attention, given your own little retinue and all. Last time I was there, I saw cages full of ‘em, though to what end, I don’t know. Probably food. Eating the little pests whole and alive seems to be commonplace these days, and I can’t say I haven’t enjoyed it myself on the rare occasion that a tomkin strays this far out into the steppe. We’ll let you ransack their fort for all that you’re willing to carry should you help us in the ensuing fight. Interested?”

Teagan didn’t pause to consider the issue very long. No amount of shiny knick-knacks or tomkins to alleviate her ennui would be worth the risk of taking up arms against a host of marauders, especially with all the injuries she already earned at the hands of Wulfric and his lackeys. 

“I think I’ll stick with just opening the gate for you. I don’t mean to say your motive is impure here, but I have no quarrel with these people, and so I don’t feel comfortable with the idea of risking my own life and limb to kill them. I’ve seen my fair share of death and fought my fair share of fights throughout my years, and I just don’t know if I’m up to it any more.”

Teagan stopped talking as Sihil once again started to prod her in a bid for attention. Teagan tried to keep her focus and lightly swatted at Sihil, but her insistence only grew. Finally, just as she thought she was about to snap at the girl, Sihil quietly scoffed and turned around. Teagan looked back to the landsknekte with a relieved smirk, but her relief had no sooner come than it was torn from her.

“Teagan! These bandits, they’re the ones who tried to kidnap you, I know it! They’re the ones who killed Al-Valizi!” 

To say that Teagan was mortified would be putting it lightly. Sihil had shouted as loud as she possibly could in her unmistakable, high-pitched voice. Every single one of the landsknekte had focused their gaze on Sihil, some even standing to their feet and grabbing their weapons. The possibility of having to fight her way through their ranks once again came to the forefront of Teagan’s mind, and this time, the fear that weighed down on her chest and rose up her throat like bile was replaced with an almost instinctively aggressive protectiveness. She jumped to her feet and was poised to strike again when one of the landsknekte, a slender woman with a crossbow, spoke up in a firm but calm tone.

“This is an interesting development, but there’s no need to take up arms, comrades. Well, little lady, you seem to have a capable enough grasp on our language, something I’ve never seen before from the likes of yourself. I take it you two are, well, friends of sorts?”

Teagan and Sihil jointly nodded, Sihil, now exposed to the eyes of the landsknekte after Teagan stood up, stumbled slowly to the front of the boulder that Teagan was seated on.

“We’ve been travelling companions for some time now.” she said, after getting an approving glance from Teagan, “My own people are out for my blood, from what I can tell. I don’t know how long it’s been, but it’s been long enough for me to learn the language from her.” Sihil lied, not wanting to complicate the issue by bringing her seemingly spontaneous multilingual capability into the picture.

“Charming, and perhaps a sign that better times lie ahead for both of our peoples.” the scarred woman responded, “Now that I know you’ve heard all that I’ve said, I suppose I should apologize for what I said about, you know, eating your kind. It’s a harsh truth out here, especially when they’re eager to see to my own death. Hope you don’t think the same fate is in store for you.”

Sihil timidly wrung her hands and shook her head, stuttering “N-no, no, it’s nothing I’m not used to or aware of. I know the unforgiving reality of your world for your kind and mine alike; Teagan here has made sure of that. She used to be quite the sadist, at least to people like me. I’d like to think I’ve helped her conquer that.”

Sihil looked up to Teagan, who greeted her gaze with a soft smile and sad eyes, in an expression that read somewhere between desolation and joy, a bittersweet compromise between opposites. Sihil interpreted the look as an apology, appreciation, and affection, boundaries blurred between the three. The landsknekte who hadn’t settled down earlier now resumed more relaxed postures now, though their gazes still hovered surreptitiously on Sihil.

“Well, now that we’re past that little surprise, you were saying something about bandits and kidnapping, right? Did you have a run-in with these scum?” the blond-bearded man asked, showing only a modicum of genuine concern.

“Well, now that I think about it… it probably could have been.” Teagan replied, remembering the incident with no fondness, “he did say something about a boss, and you did say they’ve spread into the highlands. It’s a stretch, but I’ve got no love for bandits overall, that’s for sure. Ugh. You, uh, really don’t seemed surprised by my talkative little friend here. Are there any other like her?”

“Not that any of us know of.” responded the scarred woman, “I guess we’ve just seen so much that it’s hard to be surprised any more. When you spend your life looking at the ruins of a world you know only from the stories of your parents and the faintest memories of your earliest years, well, you become a bit uncaring. ‘Specially when you risk death on the daily.”

“...Yeah. It’s tough out there.” Teagan replied, unsure what else to add, “In any case, back to your offer, I guess I might as well stick around, spill a bit of bandit blood. I could use anything you offer, and I’m no stranger to death, as much as I want to change my ways.”

“That’s wonderful to hear. You might want to get some rest while we’re here; we’ve got a long day ahead of us. Glad to have you with us, and I’ll see to it that you’re justly compensated for every blow you strike. We’ll be pitching tents outside - you can sleep in here if you so desire, though the cold, damp stone floor might prove more oppressive than the rain.”

Teagan nodded and waited for the landsknekte to clear out, beginning to move only when the last of their footfalls were muffled by the grassy mud. Once she was freed of their presence, Teagan let down the arm she was holding to her chest, and gently lowered Hassan, Aaliyah, and Rhaea down next to Sihil, and the four immediately began to talk in hushed tones, obviously just as wary of the landsknekte as Teagan herself.

Teagan laid her head down on her backpack, adjusted herself so the hard floor didn’t press against her ribs, and resisted the urge to close her eyes and sleep immediately. She wanted to give the other tomkins a bit of time free of captivity, to treat them as more than animals, but she wasn’t about to let them get away. As it already was, she cursed herself for letting the soldiers who attacked her off as she did; it was almost a guarantee that they ran for help the moment she left.

“Sihil?”

“Yes?”

“Do you really think I’ve changed at all? I still dream of it. Killing people, and not just tomkins any more. I… I think I’m a bad person.”

“Think? Teagan, we both know what you’ve done. All that matters now is that you know that your actions were wrong. We can’t change the past… only the future. On that note, I need to ask, because I’m afraid for both your sake and theirs: what do you intend to do with Hassan, Aaliyah, and Rhaea? They’re scared, homesick, and kind people in their own ways.”

Teagan chewed her lip and rolled back to look at Sihil, replying, “Well, to be frank with you, I don’t quite know myself. The company is nice, I guess. I’ve been hellishly lonely as of late, and I find myself growing more and more afraid that I’m going to die just as alone as I’ve lived. It’s just pleasant to be around other people. Even if they hate my guts. When it’s all said and done, though, if I do somehow manage to reach my goal, I guess I’ll just let them go. Blow them a kiss, wave goodbye, maybe leave them a few of the treasures I’ve amassed, and stride off as if they’re already a part of my past. It feels safer to maintain the uncaring facade.”

Teagan felt a shiver run down her spine as Sihil’s melancholic sigh reverberated ever so faintly on the rounded walls. That a wordless vocalization, a mere breath, could carry such emotion; Teagan felt a twinge deep in her chest as the same strange, unplaceable emotion that brought her to spare Sihil in the first place once again clouded her mind. Maybe it was just dreariness?

“About that… there’s a war going on, and a pretty big one too. That’s why there are so many guards posted at these various border passages. As it stands, we’re heading deeper and deeper into land that belongs to the nation that Hassan and Aaliyah’s homeland is at war with. If you let them go here, they’re as good as dead.”

“Oh.”

“Just rethink what you intend to let them do.”

“Yeah. Sure.”

“You should let them back inside your pack. It’s cold out here.”

Teagan complied readily, raising the backpack to the rock the tomkins were seated on and letting them slide inside, one by one. When all but Sihil had entered, she closed the bag, set it aside, and laid back down, now without anything to cushion her head against the hard ground. Seconds passed. Seconds turned to minutes. Teagan was only more awake now than before, and she knew the same held true for Sihil. The two sat still, listening to the patter of water on stone. Tomorrow, Teagan could die. Whether it was to a bandit or a landsknekt mattered not; run or fight, the risk was all the same. What if it did all end tomorrow? Would anyone miss her? Would the world be any worse off? If anything, it would probably be… better.

“You’re lonely.” Sihil said, breaching the silence just as Teagan had started to think of what to say next herself. It wasn’t a query, nor was it an accusation, simply a statement, an observation of the undeniable. Teagan didn’t respond. There was no need, for what could she say that wasn’t already clear?

“You crave compassion.”

Sihil hopped down from the rock she was sitting on, falling well over six or seven times her own height with little apparent apprehension or difficulty, and clambered her way onto Teagan’s left leg. From there, she stumbled her way up to Teagan’s hip. Teagan felt her chest tighten, knowing full well what was coming. She delicately lifted Sihil up in one hand while easier her trousers down to her knees with the other, nigh oblivious to the grimy and freezing stone she now sat bare-legged upon. She shivered as a tiny hand placed itself between her legs, followed by a second, followed by an entire body. Caressing, kissing, what Sihil lacked in substance and knowledge of the act, she made up for in passion. Slowly, she shouldered off the tattered garments that she’d been stuck with for weeks, wholly baring her slight frame. She was small, even by tomkin standards, and while her face was youthful and innocent, her body was imperfect; her ribs were visible, her miniature veins were conspicuously blue under her uncommonly pale skin, but this mattered not to Teagan. She was far too focused on the rapid rhythm of the tomkin’s heart, the hesitant trembling of her arms, and the slow motions with which she steadily caressed and kissed, tender yet powerful, softly yet reverently..

“A-are you sure you’re, ugh, you’re gonna, do this? I don’t know if…” Teagan trailed off, distracted by the pleasurable tension building up in her abdomen. Her abs, weary from days of strain and travel, caused her no insignificant amount of pain as they contracted, but Teagan was more than willing to ignore the pain.

“You’ll, huff, you’ll sleep easy tonight. You aren’t alone. You have me, and I have you.”

 Teagan closed her eyes in bliss as she carefully but firmly closed her legs around Sihil, enveloping the tomkin in her flesh, her warmth, her scent, her being. Teagan knew that Sihil was partial to the sensation, and wouldn’t dare to do such a thing otherwise, but some part of that deep connection she shared with the tomkin told her that it was okay, it was good, it was an act of love and compassion. Sihil squirmed ever so slightly, but that slight movement was all it took to send Teagan over the edge. Her hands clenched in fists, her eyes squeezed shut, and for a mere second, all she felt was the struggling of the tomkin between her legs, and the power that coursed through her as she restrained her with nothing more than her legs. 

When Teagan opened her eyes, panic almost immediately struck at her. She’d clenched her legs around Sihil, almost entirely heedless of the meaning behind her struggling. If she was still enjoying the experience, or even just tolerating it, she wouldn’t be fidgeting like she was. What felt like meek squirming to Teagan could be a fight for her life. Teagan spread her legs, half expecting to find a bloody mess or a broken, lifeless body. She was relieved when Sihil dropped lightly to the ground, panting, exhausted and visibly frightened but unharmed.

“Shit! Are you okay? I’m so, so, sorry, I got carried away, I should have realized-”

“It’s okay, Teagan.” Sihil reassured her, standing shakily to her feet, “It’s all right. I was prepared for something like that to happen. I’m fine. Judging by how carried away you were, I think I did well, especially given that this is, in a way, my first… experience... I just hope that you’ll be more careful in the future.”

“In the future…” Teagan whispered to herself, giddy at the implication. “I’ll try, Sihil, I’ll try. Let’s not let this get in the way of anything tonight, though, alright?”

“Tonight?” Sihil replied, “But, didn’t you just, you know, finish? Aren’t we done now?”

“Haha, so I did, Sihil, but what about you? Just because you’re small doesn’t mean I can’t try my hand at doing for you what you’ve done for me now, hmm? C’mere, you… y’know, only if you want to…”

Sihil nodded affirmatively as Teagan delicately scooped her up with a playful wink before lifting the nude tomkin to face level in her left hand. Teagan then stuck the little finger of her right hand in her mouth, moistening it ever so slightly, and ran it between Sihil’s legs. Sihil’s eyes widened as Teagan stimulated her with a finesse and delicacy she thought impossible, almost bringing her to her knees in a natural response to such sudden and intense stimulus. Teagan suppressed a giggle as she heard Sihil gasp, and leaned her face only inches away from the flushed tomkin.

Sihil felt something deep inside of her change as Teagan extended her tongue, obviously intent on using it for further sexual acts. Something in her subconscious moved ever so slightly, like a lever that unleashed a floodgate of painful memories. That tongue, that mouth, that woman in front of her who now sought to make love with childish abandon, she was a murderer. The slick tongue that proffered itself before her now had snaked forth and claimed how many lives before? This wasn’t right. Old wounds had yet to heal, and this was picking at the scabs, further agitating the already unstable. Sihil continued gasping, but it was no longer arousal that caused her heart to slam in her chest and her tongue to weigh heavily in her mouth, but rather fear.

“N-no! No, no, I’m sorry, I can’t do it. I-I’m not ready. Please.” Sihil exclaimed, stumbling back and falling onto Teagan’s soft palm.

“Hey, of course, of course, if you don’t want to go any further, I won’t press. You’re not mad at me or anything, right?”

 

Sihil shook her head. In truth, she didn’t know the answer to the question - she had every right and reason to loathe Teagan… so why didn’t she?

Chapter End Notes:

see you in march