- Text Size +

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:SimSun; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-alt:宋体; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:"@SimSun"; panose-1:2 1 6 0 3 1 1 1 1 1; mso-font-charset:134; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 680460288 22 0 262145 0;} @font-face {font-family:F; mso-font-alt:Calibri; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:none; mso-hyphenate:none; text-autospace:ideograph-other; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun; mso-bidi-font-family:F; mso-font-kerning:1.5pt; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.Standard, li.Standard, div.Standard {mso-style-name:Standard; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; mso-hyphenate:none; text-autospace:ideograph-other; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun; mso-bidi-font-family:F; mso-font-kerning:1.5pt; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-bidi-font-family:F; mso-font-kerning:1.5pt; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-pagination:none; text-autospace:ideograph-other;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

"Keep it tight Bravo 2. We took out their ACE's but I'm still getting readings of people. Can't get a clear reading so watch your six". Chad said checking sensor readings. He was nervous. He every right to be. His intel led him to this blacksite where they were keeping Ned and his family. His hope that they were still alive and able to give him the evidence implicating Max in his mother's murder. "I can't get a reading Chad" Nara said standing next to him. "They cranked up the heat in here to blind the infrared" he told her. "You sure they are here? This is the third site this week" Nara asked. "You saw how desperate that man was when we showed him the video of you with his wife and kid" he replied. "My point exactly. Faced with a giantess eating your family you say anything they wanted to hear" Nara quipped.

 

"Well he did lead us to this place. Wait. Encrypted comm chatter" Chad said. "Mayday! Mayday! This is Bravo 3 taking heavy fire! There's too many! AHHGH!" the pilot screamed before it ended. A loud boom shook the walls and floor. "I had his IFF! I'm going to back him up!" Nara yelled. "Dammit! Wait for me!" Chad yelled racing after her. They found a large room with burning debris on the floor. "Where are they?!" Nara asked. Chad reached out with his mind. "Cute, real fucking cute. Nara honey. Aim for that wall and use shotgun mode" Chad said. Nara was puzzled by his request to fire on a concrete wall but aimed her gun anyway. She pulled the trigger. She was astonished to see no blast of scorched concrete but did see small forms burning and running past her feet.

 

"Jesus!" Nara yelled seeing that they were humans. About 10 or so on fire running and rolling on the ground. Mercifully, she stomped on them one by one as if putting out a cigarette. The ground and the soles of her boots stained with blackened burnt mushed corpses. Nara turned away as the smell finally hit her nostrils. "Little bastards somehow rigged a cloaking device to imitate a wall. Ambushed Bravo 3 as he entered the room" Chad said. "Damn. I knew Bravo 3. Good guy from November colony" Nara said quietly looking at the debris. "Yeah. I'll have to write the letter to his family later. Let's continue" he said.

 

"Bravo 1 to strike leader. We got something. Requesting you come to level 4" Chad heard on the comm. Chad acknowledged and he and Nara took the service elevator down. "Sensors can't penetrate it but listen" Bravo 1 said. Chad turned the gain up on his sensors. "Help...in Morse code" Chad said. "Could be a trap. Could be Omega asking for help" Nara said. "We're about to find out" Chad said. Chad held his hands out as his machine glowed. Pluses of energy raced along the hull as telekinetic power rugged at the armored door. The walls cracked and finally the door gave way. "Fuck me" Bravo 1 whispered. "I'll be damned" Chad said bending down. "Capt. Chadwick Cyrus as your service Uncle Ned" Chad said reaching out. Ned took a hold of the metallic hand and pulled himself off the floor. With little ceremony, he hugged the machine. "Good to see you kid" Ned said. Chad saw bruises all over the giant's body which was naked.

 

"Cracked ribs. Possible concussion. None life threatening" Ai said. "No. They wouldn't kill me until I told them the whereabouts of that bomb data. They did like to beat my ass though" Nara said flexing his shoulder. "Where is the data?" Chad asked. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you. My family...shit! Did you find them?!" Ned asked. "We're still looking. This place is deceptively big" Chad said. "I'll help. I know they're in this detention level" Ned said stumbling. "Easy old man" Chad said catching him. "Old man my ass. Still got some good years ahead of me. That mech you're in. What model is that? Looks weird. Looks alive" he asked. "Something brand new only I can pilot. Courtesy of the Lunar League" Chad replied. "They can't be Lunar League. The gravity would crush them" Ned said pointing to the Bravo 1 and 2 ACE's. "No. Colonial Militia. It's been an eventful two weeks" Chad said. "Apparently so because you supposed to be dead. Her too" he said looking at Nara.

 

"Nice of you to notice me" Nara quipped. "I was being polite. No need to stare at the skintight combat uniform showing off your goods upstairs and downstairs" Ned quipped back. Nara looked away embarrassed. As the 5 ventured down the long corridor, Chad could see the nervousness in his eyes. "I know they're alive. They wouldn't dare kill them" Ned said to himself. At the end of the hallways three cells. One far more reinforced than the others. "My son in law should be in there" Ned said. Chad used his trick again. Ned watched astonished and turned his attention on the cell when the door came off.  The smell hit them immediately. "oh no..." Ned said very quietly. Lying on the floor was a giant in his early 30's. His eyes were lifeless. Skin pale. Naked just like Ned and obviously badly beaten. "He's dead" Ai said to them. Ned knelt down and touched his head. "But...but I saw him on video just two days ago" Ned muttered. "An obvious trick. This man has been dead for almost 5 days. I'm very sorry" Ai told him.

 

"He was a good son in law. Treated my daughter with respect. Loved her and the kids. Provided for them" Ned said. Ned closed the eyes of Daryl and stood up. He bolted past Chad standing at the doorway almost knocking him over. "Amy! The kids!" Ned yelled on his knees frantically trying to pry open the small human sized door. "FUCK!" Ned yelled. Chad exited the mech and floated down. "Stand back uncle" Chad told him. A soft glow came from him as Chad effortless tore the door open.  Ned had no time to wonder how such a thing was possible. "Please. Get her" Ned begged. Chad walked in and returned with a woman in his arms. Ned carefully held her in his palm. He was relieved to feel her body heat. Like him and her husband she was nude.

 

Ned saw bruises all over her body and the blank look in her eyes. "Ai, right? How bad is it?" Ned asked. "Scanning. Multiple bruising. Cracked ribs. Minor concussion. Tearing in her...she'll live Ned" Ai said abruptly stopping the scan. Ned caught that. "What were you going to say?" Ned asked. "Ned she's alive. You need to focus on that" Ai said. "WHAT WERE YOU GOING TO SAY?! Finish your analysis" Ned yelled. "...tearing in her rectum and vaginal walls" Ai said softly. Ned whimpered. Ned said not one word as he walked out the room. He was detached as he used his fingernail to yank open the last door. He held his breath prepared for the worst. Ned peeked in and began crying. Chad knew the last door contained his grandkids. Chad stepped in.

 

Chad had met them before, especially his oldest grandkid Ethan on that pivotal day of the Progenitor conflict. Ethan (13) had his siblings Bri (9) and Alex (5) hugged close to him. Chad breathed a sigh of relief as they were alive. They weren't naked like the others. They wore gray prisoner jumpsuits and no shoes or socks. "Please. Please don't hurt them" Ethan begged. "I'm not one of them. I'm a good guy" Chad said extending his hand. Ethan didn't trust him. He had heard all kinds of lies in the last two weeks and experienced worse...

"He's telling the truth sweetheart" Ned said very quietly. The boy heard the low pitch of his giant grandpa and took Chad's hand. The kids trembled as Chad walked them out of the cell. Prudently, Ned had handed Amy, his daughter, to Nara to keep hidden from the kids. "GRANDPA!" the kids yelled running to him. Ned scooped them all up into his dirty hands and held them close to his face. Ned whimpered like a child as he cuddled them to his cheek. He glanced up at the PRIDE. "Dehydrated and exhausted but nothing else. I promise" Ai told him. "...thank god" Ned sobbed.

 

"Ai. Call for extraction and have a team lock down this place" Chad ordered re-boarding the mech. Ned and the rest stood outside as the transport touched down. Ned enjoyed the warm sunlight on his skin. "Where's mommy and daddy?" Bri asked. Ned couldn't answer. Nara took off her helmet. "Let's get you two some food and then we can talk about that" Nara said smiling. They were so exhausted they didn't argue. They rode back to the base. Chad sat quietly in his cockpit. Nara stared at Ned. Ned held the kids in his hands and watched them sleep. He glanced over at Amy on a stretcher and bit his lip.

 

The next day...

 

"Any change?" Chad asked sitting next to the hospital gurney with Amy on it. The giant looked down at him and shook his head. "Mental shock. They healed her easily but nothing they had could fix this. Animals...fucking animals. Not enough to beat her husband to death and leave him rotting in a cell but rape her the whole time?! Chad, they even found bite marks on her toes. They're my world Chad. My existence and they suffered because of me" Ned said breaking into tears. "We've been through so much together. Do you know she's almost died three times because of me...four times now" Ned said softly. "She's alive. The kids are alive. What happened is not on you" Chad told him.

 

"The kids want answers. They want to see their mom and dad. What can I say? Daddy was beaten to death and mommy was raped?" Ned asked. There was a slight tremor. Chad got a message. "Shit. You better think of something quick" Chad said getting up. "What is it?" Ned asked. "Ethan is having a tantrum. A unique one" he replied quickly leaving. "Sir we tried but..."  a woman said. "No. You did the right thing calling me." Chad said walking past her into the room. On the bed was Ethan sitting. He was gripping his head and rocking back and forth. The room was trashed. Mirror was shattered. Chairs broken into pieces. A glass hovered in the air. "Ethan? Ethan buddy?" Chad asked. Ethan looked up and him. The glass flew at him and Chad barely dodged it. "I want my mom and dad" he said slowly. A faint glow was in his eyes. Chad already knew he had potential but didn't know it was unlocked.

 

"You need to calm down kiddo. You're scaring people like your brother and sister" Chad said. The boy looked away. "Ethan, I know you're very scared right now. All of this happening and then of course this" Chad said motioning at the room. The boy looked frightened. "You're not alone" Chad said hovering a pillow into the air. Ethan looked astonished at him. Chad smiled and tossed the pillow at him. "I'll take you to your mom and grandpa but you need to be strong right now. You're the big brother and the others look up to you" Chad said squeezing his hand. The boy quietly nodded. Chad led him out of the room. The boy's siblings stood nearby worried. "I'll be right back" Ethan said trying to sound strong.

Chad returned to the hospital room with Ethan in tow. Ned sat there gently stroking the hair of his small daughter. "Mom!" Ethan yelled running to her. He hugged her hard and noticed something odd. "Why isn't she looking at me? Where's dad?" Ethan asked his giant grandpa. Ned took a deep breath. "You mom was hurt and got very scared. So scared she...she went to sleep. A kind of sleep when you're awake. I'm not explaining it well" Ned said.

 

Ethan looked into her open eyes and even waved his hand. Nothing. "Where's daddy?" Ethan asked. "The...the bad people that took us hurt your daddy. He's....he's dead" Ned stammered. Immediately the boy wailed and sobbed. Ned held him to his cheek. He grit his teeth in rage. Even Chad recoiled from the mental backlash. "It's going to be alright. You're safe now and nobody will hurt you, mommy, or your siblings EVER again" Ned whispered to him. "I have to tell the others" Ned said standing up. Chad sat alone for some time before Ned returned. The giant's eyes red from crying. "How did it go?" Chad asked. "Those kids just found out they'll never see their dad alive again" Ned replied.

 

"She's in there Ned. She can hear us, even smell us. But she's so scared of the world now" Chad said with a flicker of glow about his body. "It's times like this I wish I could drink again. It'd be so easy to drown myself in booze and hide from the pain and misery. Make me understand what's going on. How you survived. That power of yours. This place" Ned said to him. "Alright. You probably heard about me and Nara being killed. Well we faked our deaths and hid on the moon for a week. During that time, I honed my powers to the extreme. No more flashy tricks or mind readings. Pure power."

 

"That machine you saw is the PRIDE. A prototype designed to amplify my powers. Aeris gave me a set of coordinates for a hidden training facility run by Omega. Our first target" Chad said. "Wait! You spoke to that Progenitor?! She can help us! With her help..."

 

"Already tried that. She won't...can't interfere. She was bending the rules as it was already but she did answer some questions. For one he did murder my mom and blow up D.C." Chad said. Ned looked disgusted. "Gets worse. That power he displayed? A product of genetic engineering. He's a bastardized version of a hybrid and progenitor. A blended clone. Human, Ingress, and a progenitor" Chad said. Ned looked away and sighed. "Cloning. No good ever comes from that and I should know. This is far worse than I thought. This clone is a ticking time bomb" Ned told him.

 

"My turn to explain. Decades ago before me came to Earth, Ingress tried cloning to slow the falling population. A stopgap until we solved the infertility issue. It was a disaster. The clones were mentally unstable. Insane. We are the product of our experiences. Our neural mapping comes from life experience and it's very delicate. Even the best copy will have a defect. Clones murdering originals. Cloned children going mad from antisocial behaviors. It was outlawed. Then there is the issue with Progenitor DNA. Their DNA is wholly different from ours. Able to transmute on the molecular level. Store energy and most of all memories. Imagine your own flesh affecting your thoughts. Your very mind. Fuck me we are so screwed" Ned complained.

 

"We have a chance Ned. More than we had weeks ago. It's not just us that's taken up to fighting Omega. After the attack on their facility, we secured the locations for three bases. One of which is this place. Colonial Militias from all the 11 colonies came down to Earth. The people here are from them. And get this. The Lunar League sent their entire fleet here to blockade the planet and keep us safe from Union ships. Hell, even the colonies have denied Union ships access to their ports. I can only imagine the supply issues soon to come" Chad chuckled.

 

"So we're not totally fucked?" Ned asked smiling. "Not totally. Only slightly but I'm working on it" Chad replied. Ned looked at Amy. "I can try to help her Ned. I do have some ability concerning this but I can't make promises. Has to be her decision" he said. "She's my little girl. She saved me from myself. I'll try anything" Ned said stroking her cheek.

 

Chad pulled his chair right next to her gurney and placed his hand on her forehead. He closed his eyes. Ned watched as he began to glow. Chad found himself standing in a sunny open meadow. He looked around for her. Not far he heard the sound of giggling. Following it took him to a brook. In the bank was a woman kicking her feet in the water. "Amy" he said under his breath. "This is a very beautiful place here" he said speaking up. The woman jumped in fright. "It's okay! I won't harm you. Do you recognize me?" he said. The woman cocked her head and studied the man before her. "You look familiar" she said. "I'm one of the Cyrus' kids. We met again briefly at my mom's funeral" he said. She relaxed seeing a familiar face.

 

"What's the last thing you remember?" Chad asked. "I...I was in a cell. A man came to me. He..." she said before shaking her head. Dark clouds formed overhead. "Yeah. I'm here on behalf of your family. Amy...this isn't real. This is all in your head" Chad explained. "That's crazy. I know this place. My house is right up that hill. I've known this brook since I was a young teen. I can feel the cold water running between my toes!" she yelled. I bet you do but how else do you explain getting here. Do you even remember how?" he asked. "If this isn't real then it's a dream? Did I dream up you? Why not my husband or my kids?" she asked. "I'm definitely real. We're the only real things here. In the outside you're lying in a hospital room comatose. Your son Ethan and your dad scared you'll never wake up. I'm using telepathy to be here with you" he said.

 

"Telepathy? Like mind control?" she asked with a sarcastic tone. "It's kind of a secret but I do have powers. Your son Ethan does too. Just now he tore a room apart wanting to see you. All that can wait though. I came to get you out of here" Chad said extending his hand. Amy slapped it away as took off running. "Didn't think it would be easy" Chad muttered. He followed her till he reached a gigantic house.  Chad knew it from memory. As a kid he was brought here on a summer break. "Oh yeah. Now I remember" he said to himself. The house was locked tight. Her mental defense had it locked down. With a simple shove, the door burst open.

 

Everything was huge. "This won't do" he thought as he grew in size. "Better" he said now things were his scale. Chad sensed her nearby. "Amy. You can't keep hiding. No good ever comes from hiding from your pain. Believe me I know" he said approaching a small door. He could feel her cowering behind it. "I know what happened to you but your family needs you. If you come out I can show you something If you want to stay then I'll go" he said. The door opened. Out stepped Amy shocked to see him giant sized.

 

"A small trick but what you see next is no trick" he said. Chad held his hand out and a window appeared in midair. She could see Ned shaking and praying. It shocked her for Ned was not religious. Her son Ethan was hugging her sobbing. Begging for her to be okay. Amy herself began crying where she stood. Chad gently placed her on his knee. "They love you so much" he said. "Where's Daryl?" she asked. "He didn't survive. I'm so sorry Amy" he said. The poor woman broke down sobbing. Chad noticed it was raining outside.

 

"I know how it hurts. How rough your life was. Parents killed during the war. Kept as a specimen. Even your father's wife tried to kill you. But you survived it. Never gave up and kept going. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is putting one foot in front of the other. But you have to not just for yourself but for your kids. Three beautiful sweet kids need their mommy more than ever before. Are you ready to go back?" Chad asked. Amy wiped her tears away and nodded. Chad held her in his palms. If you need me or Nara. Just ask. We're family after all" he said kissing her face. "Chad?" she asked. Chad nodded. "Thanks for being an awesome cousin" she said kissing back. "Anytime" he said.

 

Chad broke the connection. As he did Amy groaned and blinked her eyes. "Mom!" Ethan said hugging her tight. Amy stroked his hair and cried softly. "Thank you" Ned told him. Chad nodded and excused himself.

 

Chad sat in the command center. A woman handed him a tablet. "Casualties were light today and another 83 recruits. No mech's though" she said. "Understood Lt. Have we got word yet on the raid on February colony?" Chad asked. "Not yet" she replied. Chad nodded and scrolled down a few pages. "It says we got a battalion heading to base 021" Chad said. "Our eye in the sky saw the formation this afternoon heading to them. Approximately 217 troops, 34 mech's, and various tanks and aircraft for support" she replied. "Make preparations for reinforcement and then get our techs ready for a broadcast this evening. That reminds me I need to see Ned once more. I'll give him an extra hour before I ask" Chad said. The Lt. nodded and went about her duties. Chad was the commander and chief of the liberation forces and it was a role he was filling nicely.

 

Many had their doubts at first one so young leading so many. Not to say leading a rebellion against Omega and a good chunk of the Union military. Chad proved himself though fighting in the front lines. Taking out the enemy and giving no quarter to those foolish to wear the infamous Greek letter.  With three bases and 4 blacksites under his control, confidence in his movement has swelled. Even retired soldiers and officers joined his ranks. Over 3,000 strong now but Chad knew he had to recruit more Ingress or giant hybrids to get a better position on the battlefield. One well-armed Ingress was worth 50 human soldiers.  Problem was the Ingress were cagey about joining his forces. At best, they were under suspicion in the political climate. If they joined him it was like admitting they were threats to humanity. They needed an excuse. One anybody could get behind and soon Chad would give it.

 

Chad returned to find Ned holding his grandkids in his hands. Their mother asleep. It had been an ordeal for them. Ned looked down at them with warmth. He brought them to his lips and kissed each one as they slept in their giant grandpa's palms. "I'll never let anyone hurt you again" he whispered softly. "You ready to do something for me?" Chad asked. Ned quietly nodded. The giant placed the kids on the bed around their mother and stood up.   

 

"We have to tell the world your story. Make them see" Chad said. Ned nodded once again. The two were quiet as they walked to the comm room. "If someone told me I'd be a parent years ago I'd told them they were full of shit. Women didn't find me attractive and I was wrapped up in my bio molecular research. The war came and hearing about tiny beings that looked exactly like us intrigued me. I heard the stories of how they were treated. Raped, eaten, crushed, or simply experimented on. I gave it little thought as it did further my research on fixing the fertility problem. Then one day I meet this little human girl too young to bear children. She was designated to be disposed of. My superior was eager to eat the child. The girl sobbed at her fate and something in me said this was wrong. I stole her away from that place"

 

"The girl trusted me so much she even gave me her name. She wasn't afraid of me. She even came to love me. She got older and I saw that I loved her more than a friend or guardian. I saw her as my daughter and she her father. We didn't have an easy life. Persecution, threats of violence. I nearly lost her twice. Even when I was at my worst she never stopped loving me. Never gave up on me. When she was pregnant with her first child I doted on her. Carried her around in my hands. When Daryl was away on business I had her sleep next to me just in case. Amy...Amy is my entire world and they almost took her from me" Ned said looking down at Chad. "Then show them they won't get away with it" Chad told him as they entered the room.

 

"They changed the emergency protocols. No global broadcast this time" a man said. "No problem. That's what a viral broadcast is for" Chad said getting into position. "I need someone to go get a DNA sequencer from the medbay before we begin" Ned told them. Chad nodded but wondered what Ned needed it for.  A man returned with it and under Ned's instructions hooked it to a terminal. Ned nodded for Chad to begin. "Good evening. This is the voice of the Liberation. Tonight, we have a survivor of the cruelty of Omega. He will tell you what they have done to him and his family in the pursuit of "dangerous people" Chad said.

 

"Good evening. Some of you will know me and others won't. My name is Nedworth Iblis or just Ned for short. I am a pureblood Ingress and like so many have found a life here on Earth. Shortly after the return of Chadwick Cyrus, Omega began hunting me and my family down not because we are terrorists or broken laws, but because I had proof of a wicked deed of theirs. They found an old war friend of mine and tortured him for my location. They found me, my daughter, her husband, and her kids. They imprisoned us in a secluded place underground so they could torture us until I gave up my information. I held out knowing they would kill us when I gave them What they wanted. Every day they hurt us. Did things. Until Chadwick rescued us. It was only after I was freed did I see the scope of what they did. My son in law dead for days. Left rotting in his cell while our jailers showed me fake video to threaten me. His only crime? Married to my daughter"

 

"My daughter. The love of my life. They...they raped her so badly she was comatose. I held her tiny body in my hands asking God how could a species with such a beautiful world have members so cruel. She knew nothing. She was...is a mother. She is no sympathizer! She fights for people's rights for god’s sake! The gentlest and kind person I ever known and Omega went out of their way to destroy her because they could. The children, my grandkids forever traumatized. One of them four years old and wondering why he can never see his daddy again. I can cradle him in my hands and tell him I'll be okay but that will never erase the brutality he saw stuck in a cell. Hearing the screams of his parents"

 

Ned bit his finger hard and let a drop of blood fall onto a scanning plate connected to the device he asked for. The device analyzed his blood and Ned typed a series of commands. "Omega couldn't find what they wanted and never told them where they could find it. I knew their reach was too far so I hid the data the last place they could find it. In me. At the end of this broadcast I will transmit a file that proves that Omega assassinated Chen Cyrus. Their cover story of a terrorist bombing to be an utter lie. After reading it I want you to ask yourselves a series of questions. What kind of organization kidnaps civilians, rapes them, and threatens to kill their children? What kind of organization kills helpless people to further their agenda? And lastly, if the bombing was a lie than what other lies have Omega told you? My name is Ned and am a member of the Liberation" Ned said ending the video.

 

Ned typed more commands and watched the file upload onto random servers. "You hid it in your blood?!" Chad asked. "Yep. Encoded it onto peptides. Ironic. Every time they hit me and made me bleed, what they were looking for was staring them in the face" Ned said. "Sorry to bother you but we got a battalion ready to move. 211 soldiers. 21 mech's, and 33 giants" a woman said handing Chad a report. "34 giants miss" Ned said to them. "Ned, you barely recovered" Chad warned.  

 

"I've been a soldier longer than you have and me and Omega have unfinished business from the war. This recent thing...just give me a fucking combat suit" Ned hissed. "Sure thing Uncle Ned" Chad said seeing the look in his eyes. When Chad was growing up he heard the stories of battles from his mom and dad. The stories of the Stray Dogs but when it came to Ned it was sparse. Chad didn't know why and when he asked the answer was..."some things are best left unsaid".

 

Everyone scrambled to get ready to sortie. Chad ignored reports that didn't concern the immediate threat before him. Within three hours a battalion of 28 mechs, 78 Ingress and giant hybrids, and 181 soldiers flew to reinforce the friendly base. "What's the status of the base now?" Chad asked. "111 soldiers are ready along with 20 mechs. 31 giants are keeping watch but there are a lot of civilians taking refuge. Most of them fleeing cities in the region. This could be a bloodbath" an officer responded. "And troop movements?" Chad asked. "Since the broadcast they slowed down but still moving toward them. A lot of encrypted chatter" she said.

 

"Dissension?" Nara asked flying next to him. "Could be Nara. Chad the possibility of friendlies in this fight is there" Ned said on his left. "Agreed. Fire only if fired upon!" Chad ordered. The air thundered as the battle group flow overhead. People eating late dinner of going to bed early felt their houses shake as they passed. A dairy farmer saw the group and it reminded him of the war. He urged his family in the storm shelter. He hunkered them down and turned on the radio to listen.

 

"It's so serene" Nara said to Chad. Chad glanced to his right and saw the pale moon lighting up the expansive forest and mountains below. "Yellowstone Park. Always wanted to see it" Chad told her. "Approaching base. ETA is 5 minutes" Ai said. Soon they landed and saw they were right on time. "They're almost here" Chad said seeing running lights in the sky like stars. "Lt. Bronson of the 1st. July Colonial militia!" a 20-year-old giantess yelled running to him. She was out of breath and visibly exhausted. "Take a moment to breathe Lt." Chad said. The giantess inhaled and exhaled. "We've pulled the civilians east of here into the forest but were unable to get all the ACE's repaired. Only 17 are combat worthy" she said. "Better than zero. Get all your resources lined up and spread out. We got at most 5 minutes" Chad ordered.  The girl snapped to and radioed the orders.

 

Chad and his team stood in the center while a perimeter formed. "Almost in firing range" Ai said. "Not even a call to surrender" Chad muttered. Chad glanced at Ned who was busy zeroing the range of his rifle. He wasn't shaking. Calm and cool. The way he held his gun told Chad he truly knew what he was doing. "In range" Ai said. The enemy slammed into afterburner creating multiple sonic booms as they flew in. They fired. A cascade of plasma fire crisscrossed the air until they pulled up and flew over. They followed their shots and one mech caught fire and crashed into the ground. Chad watched the data stream. One enemy down. 23 friendly dead. 2 Ingress and one ACE. The enemy transports landed and deposited troops and tanks. "Cover...of course. I'll cost them! Giants and ACE's! Concentrate fire on the transports while they're vulnerable!" Chad yelled.

 

It was brutal. Those transports had no chance as their air cover was still swooping back. Chad smiled as one by one they were turned into flaming wrecks. "Do we advance?" Nara asked. "No. Let them come to us. Expend their energy" Ned said. Chad nodded in agreement. "Ned. Take over. I got to swat some flies" Chad said taking to the air. He easily dodged their fire and cut one in half as he passed. A well-timed shot knocked one out of the air. It survived the crash only to be shot to ribbons by soldiers defending the base. Chad felt their minds. More than a few had serious doubts about their actions. "Ai. Tie into security footage of those civilians. Get ready to transmit" he said. Chad chased a mech. He could tell she was a newbie from the way she jerked. He felt her fear as the stories of a ghostly glowing mech tailed her.

 

"Just following orders" he thought. She turned to shoot him only to have him cut her hand clean off. Chad held the blade so close to her cockpit she felt the heat coming off. With a thought, he entered her mind. "Accept the truth or die" Chad said as he uploaded footage to her HUD. The girl watched as video of children being fed, the sick treated, common people of all sizes looking ragged refugees. The girl landed her mech and powered down. "Smart choice" Chad said jetting off. One by one he shot down enemy mechs. He was too fast and powerful for them.

 

Then he sensed something and his instincts screamed to put a shield up. A powerful blast struck him and he tumbled onto the ground. His nose was bloody. "Antimatter charge fired at long range. We got a heavy sniper" Ai reported. "So it's going to be like that? Give me trajectory" Chad said. The target was on his HUD and he raced for it. His target was a young man running for cover. He landed near him. "That's a very viscous weapon you got but you can't fire it when I'm this close can you? I heard of these being designed. Who gave it to you?" Chad asked. He already knew the answer for his uniform gave it away. Black with a Greek letter on it. "Join your friends in hell" Chad told him raising his foot over him and crushing him into the dirt.

 

The battle was almost a stalemate. His side was winning though slowly but surely. Chad charged a shot and fired. An enemy ACE' exploded. To their horror, the infamous machine was in their rear. Chad saw the casualties mounting. Shots hitting the base. He had to end this. He broadcasted the earlier video on an emergency channel everyone would see. The battle died down immediately. "Hold fire" Chad ordered. Stray thoughts entered his mind. The will to fight left a good many. They didn't have the heart to blow up a base full of the sick and wounded unable to evacuate like the rest. One remarked an old Ingress woman looked like his grandmother.

 

"Do terrorists feed the needy? What threat does a baby pose?! That sick old woman clinging to life?! We are NOT terrorists! We seek freedom, equality, and peace! And by God we will fight those who deny that to others" Chad broadcasted for all to hear. "And what would you have us do? Surrender?" someone asked. "Not surrender. Join us. Fight for a real cause. Not one made up by a xenophobic child" Chad said. Astoundingly, they began to surrender...but not all. An Omega pilot shot at Chad. When he did a nearby pilot shot him. Chaos erupted. "Fucking Christ! Filter out the friendly and upload the IFF codes!" Chad ordered. Pings popped up as enemy turned friendly. 

 

10 minutes later the battle was over. Omega was captured or dead. Union forces agreed to a cease fire and parley. A miracle. "Unbelievable" Ned muttered. "A victory is a victory. A costly one" Chad said looking at the burning debris and bodies. Chad has lost 41% of his forces and the enemy upwards of 65%. The worst was the Omega battalion. 95% lost. Secretly, Ned was very pleased with them securing living Omega soldiers and he was not alone in this.

 

"We allowed them to call their superiors and families. Those that want to leave can leave" Chad said. "Is that wise?" Ned asked. "I saw into their minds. They're done fighting for them. They worry about their families. Rightfully so" Chad replied. Both stared into a holding cell. "I want the location of either Nara's parents or their home base. I'd settle for either" Chad said. "Scan their minds" Ned said. "I've tried. They're trained to resist. I could push it but they'd be vegetables" Chad said to him. "How many did we capture?" Ned asked. "6. The rest blew themselves up taking a few good people with them" Chad replied. "Put me in a room alone with them along with an Ingress of my choosing" Ned said coldly. Chad nodded and made the arrangements.

 

"Why me if I may ask?" an Ingress woman asked. Ned sat on the floor of an expansive room. Ned glanced at the giantess. He knew a good deal from her service record. Like him, she was a veteran of the war and no stranger to violence. Her name was Althea. Age 49 and stood at an impressive 223 ft. tall.  Her hair a dull pink as age had crept into the color. A long scar 12 ft. long ringed her neck. Her right eye was slightly brighter than the other. A giveaway that it was artificial. Her skin the color of fresh clay speaking to her southern islands heritage.

 

"Your service record says here you were a refugee when you arrived here on Earth. Captured by Omega and experimented on. Your medical records are sealed but I got an idea what they did. I was once held captive by them too. To answer your question Althea, we are about to interrogate some Omega officers. I needed someone who knew extensively what they care capable of and can do what it takes to get information. Do you understand what I'm saying?" Ned asked not looking at her. "...yes" she answered. Ned looked at her and nodded. "Send them in" Ned said on his wristcomm. The two giants watched as six naked enemy humans were marched into the room blindfolded. Their legs kicked from under them as they were made to sit on the cold concrete. Judging by their heavy breathing, they were scared. Most likely of being shot execution style.

 

Ned motioned for their blindfolds to be taken off. The four men and two women looked aghast at the giant beings sitting in front of them. A stoic attitude quickly came over them as they sat firm. "Do any of you know who I am?" Ned asked. They looked at one another. "ID serial number 2331-3345-3121!"  one man barked out. Ned whispered into Althea's ear. She looked at him. "Sanctioned" he said for them to hear. As the man repeated his answer, the man sitting next to him began to answer in a similar fashion. Althea snatched the first man up, shoved him into her mouth and began chewing. The second man abruptly stopped speaking as the shrieks and wails of his friend filled his ears. Althea swallowed, wiped her mouth and went back to sitting as if nothing had happened.

 

"Let's try this again. Do any of you know who I am?" Ned asked. "I do" a woman meekly replied. She looked at him as if begging Ned not to eat her. "Did you know I was once a slave to Omega? I did their bidding. Killed innocent people. My own kind. I did such terrible things I still have nightmares about it. I'd have lost my soul if it wasn't for my human daughter. Oh? You look very surprised. What part? The part I was a slave to Omega or I have a human daughter?" Ned asked. The girl was so frightened she pissed herself. Ned reached out for her. "BOTH!" she screamed. Ned stopped.

 

"Well it's true. All of it. Early on I rebelled against the Empress and her ideals she had of your species. What was my reward from Omega? Turning me into a bloodthirsty slave. Her story is probably worse than mine. If there's a constant between our species, we do unspeakable things to enemy women in wartime. Hell, you think she got that scar around her neck playing as a kid?" Ned asked pointing to her. "She could've got that shit fighting. Obviously, she's not a civilian" a man shot back. "I didn't. One of your kind slit my throat to see if I would die before I healed. I was chained down as the blade cut my flesh. I couldn't even scream. Just a wet gurgle" Althea said quietly to him.

 

The man gulped. "Now that you know something about us, time to know something about you. Let me warn you. Failure to cooperate means death. No trial. No Geneva convention. We won't even waste the energy cells for a firing squad. You will die in here and I'll tell you now. I very much hope you DON'T cooperate" Ned warned. "I won't tell you shit giant alien scum" one of the men stood up and said. "Did you bring what I asked?" Ned asked Althea. Althea pulled out small bits of string. Thinner then one of her hairs to her. "How fast can you tie a tourniquet?" Ned asked. "Fast" she replied. Ned smiled as he yanked the small man from his feet and gripped his leg. With one fluid motion, he tore the limb right off. The man screamed in pain even as he was tossed over to Althea.

 

Ned looked at the frail leg and gave it to Althea. She held it in her mouth as she tied off the stump. The man watched the giantess and heard faint whirring of machinery coming from her eye. She was humming to herself as she stymied the blood flow. There was no doubt anymore. Ned and Althea wanted excuses to kill them and they would either cooperate or die. And death wouldn't necessarily come swift.

 

The man sobbed as Althea placed him back where he was sitting. Althea slurped the limb into her mouth and swallowed. "I'd give him 10 minutes" Althea said as blood pooled under his naked ass. "Now that's done, shall we try this again? My first question is which base you came from" Ned asked. "New Edwards" a young man replied. The others looked at him with surprise and hung their heads. "Sounds like the truth by the looks they gave you. That's a Union base though. I want the Omega base" Ned said. "Green Valley. 120 miles north of here" he replied. Ned looked at the others and he swore he saw a smirk on one of the men.

 

Ned pointed at him and made a slashing gesture. Althea grinned and grabbed him. His screams muffled by her closed fist. She pulled her pants, along with her panties back slightly and dropped him inside before letting the giant fabric slap back. "Haven't showered in three days" she said grinning at Ned. "He told you the truth!" the other woman yelled. "No he didn't. I'm a very good readier of body language and he was doing well until that point. Probably lied because he felt he betrayed you. I'll spell it out for you all here. You don't owe each other a fucking thing. You are in control concerning if you survive this. Not him or him or her, or these two fucks here. Understand?" Ned asked. The woman nodded.