- Text Size +

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:12.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:12.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Cambria",serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

 

 

Meanwhile in Ingressa... 

 

Nara was having fun playing with the local children. A few kids were actually brave enough to approach her. It did her heart good to see this change since they arrived. A week ago, the people steered clear of her or any giant in fact. She laughed as she lay on the ground and the human kids climbed all over her like she was a playground. Playing hide and seek in her hair. Jumping up and down on her tummy. Her thoughts turned to Fei and she missed her baby daughter. Vid calls weren't doing it for her. She missed holding her, feeding her, smelling her scent. "Again Ms. Nara!" A 12-year-old boy shouted standing on her hand. "Okay" she said holding him firmly an easing her arm up.  When her arm got tired she lowered it down placing the boy on the ground. "Ahh! Who's messing around near my ear?!" Nara yelled. A boy giggled as he slid down her hair. "I'm going to get you!" Nara said reaching for him. She easily caught the young human boy in her grasp. The boy was giggling his ass off. Keep it up and I'll gobble you down!" Nara said grinning.

 

Normally, these children would take such a statement seriously but they had seen that Nara was different that the Ingress that usually lived in this town. Her wristcomm beeped. "Nara. There's been an incident. You need to go to Chad...right now" Ai said. Nara stopped smiling. Ai's tone sounded extremely grave. "Is something wrong? Was he...hurt?" Nara asked worried. She was aware that he was off rotation for the next two days but it was possible he was called for something and didn't tell her. "No, he's not hurt. Nara...his mother was killed. He needs you" Ai replied. Nara felt her heart in her throat. In the last few months, she has gotten to know Chen fairly well. She still had memories of when Aeris controlled her body and went to meet her. Chen was always so nice to her. Treated her as her own daughter. Nara ran as hard as she could to where she and Chad were staying.

 

"Does he know?" Nara asked as she approached their door. There was an eerie glow behind it. She opened it and found objects floating in midair. Chad sat on the windowsill with his back turned to the door. His entire body was surrounded by purplish light. "He knows Nara" Ai replied. Nara walked slowly towards him pushing the odd whatever floating in the air out of the way. She sat on the bed. "Do you want to talk about it right now?" she asked. "Ehats there to talk about? My mother was murdered" Chad replied. "Still might help if you talk to me" she said quietly. Chad said nothing. "Please? I'm worried. Look around you" she said. Chad glanced around and was surprised to see shit floating around. Nara reached for him and felt a static electricity tingle on her arm hair as she got near. She picked him up, laid down on her side, kicked off her boots, and placed him next to her on their bed.

 

Nara gently stroked his back with her finger waiting for him to speak. Chad didn't look at her but stared at the bed sheet. "I could've been a better son to her. Learned more Chinese, practiced more customs, yelled at her less. I told her once a hated her Nara. I wanted to go to summer camp and she made me come with her to Beijing to honor our ancestors. Told her it was a stupid tradition to make offerings to dead people. She slapped me. Told me it if it wasn't for them I'd wouldn't be here. I said I hated her" Chad said trembling. "Chad you were just a kid. Don't do this to yourself" Nara said shedding tears. "There are things you can say that you never forget even if they forgive you. Why didn't I just go along with it?! She asked me to bring you and the baby to see her last month and I told her maybe later! I did it because I didn't want her nagging about the baby! It would've made her so happy! OH GOD I'M SORRY MOM!" Chad broke down sobbing. Nara cradled her fingers around him. Chad reclined into them.

 

"She loved you Chad. She understood you had a life but don't think you were a bad son. You were extremely precious to her. I felt that connection through Aeris. If it could humble someone as powerful as a Progenitor, then it was a special love indeed. She was incredible. Made me feel like I was her own daughter. I wasn't blood or even the same species but she loved me just the same. I...I lost a mother too today" Nara said quietly. His giantess wife quietly cried as she cradled her husband. She had to be there for him. Her tiny hybrid mate was suffering. They laid together for hours until he finally spoke. "She wasn't just my mother. She was my friend. She made me feel normal. Half the family are giants and mom made me feel normal. Like I wasn't the tiny reject. I still remember how she would pinch my cheeks when I mispronounced a Chinese word" Chad said quietly.

 

"You need to call your dad and Jun" she said. "Tired calling Jun. She was the first I tried to call seeing what happened. No answer" Chad said. "She might be in shock. Try your father. He needs to hear your voice" Nara said. Chad nodded and placed the call. "Hi dad" Chad said. "Hey kiddo. How are you holding up?" Rex asked. "I'm in a better place thinks to Nara. You?" Chad asked. Rex held a bottle of pills. "They help. Heard from your sister?" he asked. Chad was surprised he asked. "No. You haven't?" Chad asked. Rex shook his head. "She's probably busy. This was high profile. Your mother was very specific about what to do if...if she died first. The service will be I. Beijing in two days. You remember the custom for a Chinese funeral right?" Rex asked. Chad nodded. "Dad. About finding who did this..."

 

Rex held his hand up. "Not on an open channel. If you need me just call. Goodbye son...I love you and stay safe" Rex said ending the call. Chad wondered why his father didn't want to speak about that. Surely the investigation was high priority and his station afforded him the clearance to see it.

 

2 days later...

 

It was a closed service for the Cyrus family. Only family, friends, selected security, and necessary military personnel (and of course Buddhist monks required for the service). Chad stood in front of the Wei family shrine dressed in a black suit. Behind him stood Rex, Jun, and Nara dressed according to tradition. Normally, Chad would be the one to hold the memorial picture of his mother but being a small human, Jun held it. The picture was huge. A framed 40' X 30' photo of Chen taken in her service uniform days before the Battle of Osaka. Chad remarked how young and beautiful she looked in it. It was warm that day but overcast. Blue Heaven cemetery was the internment for her and her ancestors. Her mother had the dubious honor of having two memorials being a victim of the Ingress obliteration of the city decades before. However, this was where the members of the Wei family would spend eternity.

 

The Buddhist priest rubbed the beads in his hands as he recited sutras. Chad could feel the emotions of those around him. Jun felt like she was in a fog. Like this wasn't happening. Rex felt utter grief and rage. He lamented the fact that they couldn't even inter all her ashes. Only her arm. Nothing else. Chad saw people he hadn't seen since he was a little kid. Ned and Amy and her family stood there with their heads down. Two ACE's stood apart with rifles drawn in ceremony. Nara watched in sorrow and awe as nobody was crying. She didn't understand.

 

She remembered the day she gave birth to her daughter. Chen was ecstatic to have a grandchild but it was what happened later that night that stuck in Nara's mind. It was late and Nara was breastfeeding Fei for the second time in her day-old life. The lights were out and only the light of the full moon shone through the window. The small door opened. "Shh. Don't mind me" Chen said walking to her hospital bed. Chen walked up the specially designed movable catwalk for human sized visitors. In her hand was something glittering in the light. "What do you have there?" Nara whispered. "Ba Gua. Think anti-evil mirrors. You hang or place them in rooms to ward off evil" Chen said walking to Nara's pillow. The thing was extremely tiny to her and sounded silly but she was touched at the gesture.

 

"Do they work?" Nara asked grinning. "I survived a 30-ft. child going through the terrible twos. You tell me" Chen laughed. "Mrs. Cyrus?" Nara asked. "Tsk...call me mother" Chen said clucking her tongue. "Mother? Were you so terrified when you became a mother?" Nara asked. "Aiya. Very much so. I became a double mother in one day. Gave birth to twins. I asked my own mother to help guide me from heaven so I don't fuck it up. I think I did well. Have son that saved the world. Troublesome daughter is back home safe. But no matter how old they get you never stop worrying. Some worries are expected and some not so much. Are they happy? Eating right? Then you have concerns only my generation has now discovered. They watch where they step? Staying out of way of bad giants? Eating humans or being eaten? Makes a mother drink sometimes" Chen said.

 

Chen looked at exasperated expression on Nara's face. "It's very rewarding too! To feel a life you help create suckle and gain nourishment from your body. Seeing them walk and talk for the first time. Learn about the world. Dream and fall in love. I've saved every Mother's Day card I ever got. You will be fine daughter. Motherhood is a time-consuming investment that pays off everyday" Chen said. "...thanks mom" Nara said. Nara held Chen and kissed her cheek before setting her down. "Goodnight daughter" Chen said leaving the room.

 

Nara felt her tears on her cheeks. One fell with a small splash on the stone near Chad. Chad glanced up at her. "Don't cry. I'll..explain later" he said telepathically. The service itself was almost two hours long. In the end, a squadron of vintage STRIKE's flew overhead in the missing man formation. When the priest and monks were done, the sergeant in arms whistled and yelled to fire. The rifles on the mech's fired off charged positron shots causing the area to be bathed in a warm red glow.  As the service concluded, Max walked up to Chad and the others. "I am so sorry for your loss" Max said to Chad and Rex. "Thank you for coming out. I figured you'd be too busy" Rex said. "Not too busy for this. I want you to know I won't rest until I find the culprit" Max told him. "I see you're wearing a red tie. It's disrespectful to wear red to a Chinese funeral*" Chad said quietly.

 

(Authors note: As usual I did some research in this case on Chinese funerals and suffice to say they are very intricate. For simplicity and time sake I omitted a lot. For those Chinese readers out there, no disrespect intended. Also red is considered good luck and prosperity so one can see the offense wearing it to a funeral)

 

 

Chad felt uneasy around Max. He could sense power coming off him. It was publicly revealed two days ago that Max was one of the few out there that had powers. Max looked down at the small man. "I meant no disrespect. I'm not schooled on every funeral custom there is. My education was more...focused on important matters such as politics and military protocol" Max said purposefully looming over him. The insult wasn't lost on Chad. Rex held his hand out as if to keep his son at bay. "I think we can forgive Mr. Schneider for the gaff son. We would be honored if you could join us for the home going banquet" Rex said. "I would if I could but duty calls. I'll be busy with reports and news conferences with Jun occupied. Excuse me" Max said. Father and son watched him hug Jun, kiss her, and then walk down the hillside.

 

"I want you three to ride with me. Not Jun though" Ned whispered. Rex knew when Ned was serious and it had been years since he saw him with that look. "Let's all go to the banquet. Jun honey can you ride with them?" Rex asked. "Umm...sure dad" Jun said perplexed why her father and brother walked to Uncle Ned's vehicle instead of taking the armored limo reserved for the family. Chad sat on Nara's shoulder. "You can cry now if you want. Tradition dictates no crying at the gravesite for fear the departed will not wish to leave this world" Chad said quietly.

 

Nara leaned on the gigantic vehicle shedding tears quietly. "You're doing really good in this" she said. "Only because I had you that night. When I step into...well the damn house is fucked up. If dad rebuilds then when I step into the house. Then it's real" Chad said softly. "Hop in guys" Ned said. "Where’s your daughter and her family?" Rex asked closing the door. "Bodyguards are taking care of that" Ned replied. "Bodyguards? Ned, you’ve haven't been an ambassador in years. Last time we talked you were an attached to the Union council concerning Ingress rights" Rex said. "Exactly. Now one moment" Ned said tapping a panel on his seat. "Good. We can talk now. I've fully connected a faraday cage. No signals in or out" Ned said.

 

Chad adjusted his human sized seat next to his wife and father. "Uncle Ned? Ehats with the cloak and dagger shit?" Chad asked. "I've reason to believe that it wasn't True Way that killed your mother. It was Omega" Ned replied. The loud groan of Ingress leather filled the cabin as Rex leaned in close. "You better not be drinking again Ned" Rex warned. "Haven't touched a drop of alcohol in 16 years. Look at this" Ned said handing him a tablet. "Where did you get this?" Nara asked leaning in. "I've still got friends in high places. That is the report given to the Union security council made by the military. Now it was standard protocol to engrave the serial number on Ingress ordinance at the molecular level. A fragment survived the blast. Serial number 1000509345. It was traced to ordinance last seen in Ingressa's military buildup after the war" Ned said.

 

"That supports what Max said about this being True Way" Nara said. "Indeed it does but it's been doctored. A sample of the casing was...procured by a confidant for me to analyze" Ned said. "You stole classified evidence?!" Rex yelled. "More like borrowed. I ran my own analysis personally. Don't forget I was once a researcher myself. What I found was...disturbing. The serial number is really 1000509346" he said. "So it's a number off. Not seeing what's so fucking odd. Could be just an error" Chad said. "Wish it was that simple kiddo. Molecular coding means quantum level shit. There are no mistakes with that and the data is handled by computer. No human or otherwise interaction. This wasn't someone hitting the wrong key. This file was faked" Ned said sternly. "And it points to Omega?" Rex asked. "Not overtly. When I traced the number I found it belonged to a grenade seized and stored at an armory in D.C. Quite a coincidence wouldn't you say? The only place we could prove it came from was vaporized"

 

"And the next part Rex you should know as an old soldier of the Empire. These grenades explode with the power of one kiloton and the blast itself moves at over Mach 2. I don't give a flying fuck how psychically powerful he is. No hybrid or Ingress can move that fast much less react. Unless he knew it was coming" Ned said. Chad swore he could hear the muscles tense in his giant father's body. "A timer" he hissed. "A fucking timer and we both know that the longest someone could use a timer on those things is 5 minutes. No way in hell a terrorist was able to sneak into the house, rig a grenade on timer and get out without someone seeing. Not with your security system. Besides, if I was a terrorist gunning for him, why plant an explosive in a house? Why not the transport? I'd have blown the fucker to smithereens over the goddamn Pacific. Leave no possible way for him to survive" Ned said.

 

"Why? WHY?!" Chad yelled. Nara petted his head trying to calm him down. "I think I know. Because of us. Me, you, and your mother kept contacting your sister. Your mother in particular wanted her to come home. Schneider must've been worried that Jun just might do that and he'd lose his pretty face for his organization" Rex said quietly. "Thought so too. Jun has been very effective smoothing things over. If he'd go this far to keep Jun around then he has something bigger planned than what we've seen so far" Ned said. "The Ingress. Has to be. He's using True Way to paint all Ingress as threats" Chad said quietly. "So what do we do?" Nara asked. "Nothing right now. This is conjecture at best. He's gone to considerable means to cover his tracks. Give me time. Not all of the Union has fallen to his side. If we can find proof of what he's doing then we can nail the bastard" Ned said. "What if he was responsible for Washington?" Nara asked.

 

There was a long silence. "She's got a point. He was pretty much a nobody until that happened" Rex said. "One thing at a time. Until then don't say a word of this to nobody. Ah, here we are. Get out and act like nothing happened. Look bereaved" Ned said opening the door.

 

Chad tried his very best to appear as if the conversation hadn't happened. Wasn't easy for him as he spoke to old war buddies of his mother. Stories of how she and the Stray Dogs saved lives. Meeting people who wouldn't exist if it wasn't for her. They would laugh or cry. Worse yet he watched his sister talk to people and occasionally cry. A dark part of him hated she was even there. A misplaced blame that Chen was dead because of her. Chad felt ashamed of himself. Chad walked over to her and tapped her big toe to get her attention. "Can we talk?" he asked. Jun nodded and carried him over to an empty table and sat down. "How you holding up?" he asked. "It's hard you know? One moment I was with mom and getting tea then boom. It happened so fast."

 

"I'm doing the traditions and talking to people who knew her but it doesn't feel like she's gone" she said. "I know what you mean. Feels like she's going to pop out from around the corner and yell "aiya! This party all for me?!" Chad chuckled. Jun chuckled a bit and tossed her hair. "Do you think she was disappointed in me?" Jun asked. Chad could see her giant hand shaking. "She was worried Jun. We all are" Chad said. Jun began crying quietly. "Talk to me Jun. Tell me what's going on. We were concerned but now we're scared shitless for you" Chad said touching her finger. Her fingers embraced his hand and she held it. "I can't leave. He needs me. We've come too far to give up" Jun replied.

 

"Hold me Jun" Chad said to her. Jun held her small brother to her face cuddling him. "She's hurting worse than me. God, I feel like an idiot" he thought. As she held him he decided to look into her mind. He figured it was the best option and the perfect time to. "If she knows or saw something I'll find it" he thought. He looked at looked and discovered something troubling. Parts of her memory was gone. Complete blank spots. Someone had raped his sister's mind. Someone with those powers. Someone close. A cold rage filled his heart and he had to compose himself.

 

"I should go check on Nara but before I do give me a kiss" he said, Jun kissed his face and placed him back on the floor. Jun watched him walk away and it pained her. Soon she would have to return to her duties and leave him and her father. Without them her life felt...incomplete.

 

He found his large wife outside enjoying the sunset. Nara was sitting on the edge of a water fountain taller than a small skyscraper. She was soaking her feet in deep thought. "Came out for some fresh air?" Chad said climbing up her leg. "Something like that. "Strange how the land slopes like that isn't it? Goes to show how powerful that Ark cannon was to leave such a crater" Chad said sitting on her knee. "Is there an afterlife? I died once but I don't remember seeing one" Nara said quietly. "That's a question humans have asked since we could think. Honestly, I don't know. I believe in a soul. You're kinda proof that it exists so it has to go somewhere when we die" Chad replied looking down her leg. "I listened to people talk about your mom and them saying she went to a better place but if it's so nice then why can't she be with us? Won't she be lonely?" Nara asked. The line of questions unnerved Chad.

 

"You're asking questions nobody can answer baby. Do you know why we have wakes or celebrations like this?" he asked. Nara shook her head. "So we can celebrate her life. I met an Ingress woman an hour ago that knew my mother all of five minutes. In her hands she was holding a man about my age and young girl al the most 5 years old. She told me that my mother saved her life during the war. The woman was a refugee fleeing the Empire. They came under fire and a STRIKE flew down from the sky and help defeat the enemy. The woman said she thought an angel had descended. Her thrusters on full burn looked like trailing wings behind her. When the battle was over she went to thank the human pilot."

 

"Mom popped her hatch and just smiled saying she was just doing her job. The woman was old fashioned and demanded a way to thank saving her life. Mom replied "live a good life. Make it count" and then flew off. The woman said she kept her word. Married a nice human, got a job as a nurse, and started a family. It was her son and granddaughter in her hands. It was because of mom that they lived. It's not about the afterlife we should worry about. It's what we leave behind that's truly worth thinking about" Chad said.

 

"How did I get so lucky to have you as a husband?" Nara asked petting him. "Being pretty helps" Chad laughed. "Very funny" Nara said kicking her feet. It was Kate in the evening before they all left. Chad and Nara hugging Jun and Rex holding her longer than usual. "I'll be okay daddy" she said. Rex wanted to break down but held firm. "Remember to call me" he said. Jun nodded and got into her car. "Jun was mind raped dad" Chad said telepathically. Rex looked down at his son with a look that could wither a person's soul. "I saw it. Parts of her memory wiped clean. Other parts carefully guarded. We know who did it" Chad said. Rex nodded and walked away.

 

"Did we get any telemetry from the drone?" Max asked sitting in his hotel room. "We got audio from a laser mic. You're going to want to hear it" Aphrodite responded. Max listened to the conversation. The giant glass he was holding shattered in his hand. The shards collected in the air before being tossed into the waste bucket. "A smart idea of using a faraday cage to prevent me from digitally spying but a laser mic on your moonroof gave you away just as easily" he said. "He's too close. He could ruin everything. Shall we eliminate him?" Aphrodite asked. "No Bee. We burned that card with Chen Cyrus. Another death in their little circle could look suspicious. Raise some flags. Tell Athena to plant suspect data on Nara Cyrus' parents" he said.

 

"Very well but what for. Why not go after Chad Cyrus, Ned, or even Rex?" Aphrodite asked. "No need. It will play out one of two ways. One, Nara and by guilt by association, are discredited and disgraced leaving her and her family paper tigers that can't hinder us or two. Chadwick will be the hero he thinks he is and go try to stop the investigation squad. In that case, we can declare him a rogue dangerous to the Union efforts. One way or another, he, his wife, and his father will not be a problem. Who would listen to a sympathizer?" Max chuckled. "And what about Ned?" Bee asked. "A war buddy that would say anything to help his friend. Not to mention he once worked for the Empire. A leopard can't change his spots" Max quipped. "Very well Cronus" Aphrodite said ending the call.       

 

4 days later...

 

"This is getting out of hand. Hey! Not on my watch!" Chad yelled at a mech shoving a middle-aged Ingress woman on the ground. The machine looked at Chad, pulled the woman off the street and pushed her into a transport. An Ingress man held his kids back as they cried out for their mother. "I agree. So many humans are reporting Ingress as possible sympathizers there's no way they're all legit" Nara said standing next to him. Chad zoomed into the face of one of the kids. His machine mimicked him clenching his fist. "I didn't sign up to break up families Nara. The Union needs to get a handle on this. I watched an elderly Ingress man drug through the streets this morning!" Chad said. "This is just the tip of the iceberg. Why else have us assigned to riot watch?" Nara asked. The giantess flinched as tiny rocks pelted her face. "What's...you little shits!" Chad yelled seeing human kids on a rooftop throwing them at his wife. He moved to block them and the eyes of the STRIKE X flared red. The children quickly ran off.

 

Nara hung her head. Less than a week ago children like them begged for her to play with them. Now they despised her. Chad placed his metal hand on her shoulder. "Don't let it get to you. They're mimicking their parents" Chad said. "That's how hate starts Chad. Learned thorough our parents" Nara said quietly. The two watched as the transport left for the internment camp for sympathizers. "Move along now" Chad said to the human crowd at his feet yelling at the broken family in their home. They didn't disperse. "Please leave. You're frightening them. Unlawful assemblies won't be tolerated" Nara said leaning down. Out of the crowd came a plasma bolt. It struck her combat shield startling the shit out of her. "I'm alright" she said waving her hand. "Who fired that? I said WHO FUCKING FIRED THAT!" Chad said. Nobody came forward. "Ai...infrared scan. Find the son of a bitch who tried to shoot my wife" Chad ordered. "There" she said indicating a man eyeballing him. Chad plucked him out of the crowd.

 

"So, you're the asshole who tried to kill my partner" he said. "An Ingress. A giant oppressor like the others. Go ahead and arrest me. Won't do any good. Look around you" the man said. Chad looked at the crowd. They were all yelling to either let him go, leave them alone, or species slurs at Nara. "Ingress lover" he hissed. "Arrest you? Who said a damn thing about that? You tried to kill a Union officer deployed on assignment. That makes you a combatant. I have every legal right to terminate you right now. It would be so easy in this mech. Far stronger than an Ingress. Strong enough that if I wanted to I could squeeze you so hard you'd fucking pop like a ketchup packet" Chad said applying pressure. The man cried out.

 

"Chad stop!" Nara begged. "Don't...even if he deserves it. Don't" she said. Chad moves him to the front of his hatch before he opened it. "The Ingress you tried to kill just saved your life. Think about that" Chad said placing him on top of a light pole almost 500 ft. tall. "You can't leave me here?!" he screamed. Chad powered up his positron cannon and aimed it at him. The red glow advertised it was ready to go. "Never mind! Never mind!" he yelled. "Chad..." Ai said. "If you're going to lecture me, take a number" Chad said. "That's not it. I just intercepted a mission order. It's for the arrest of Jerix and Mayura Nermani" she said. "Those...those are my parents!" Nara yelled. "Fuck! Put it on the HUD!" Chad yelled taking off with Nara close behind.

 

A few minutes later they were landing on the street. "What's this about pilot?!" Chad yelled walking to a mech. The machine glanced at him as if ignoring him. "I asked a question Lieutenant!" Chad yelled. "Just some sympathizers getting busted. Traced a True Way download from this IP. Both will be brought in for questioning" the pilot replied. Two ACE's came out of the home guns pointed at the backs of two Ingress. "Mom! Dad!" Nara said running to them. The one Chad spoke to blocked her. "Oh my god Nara" her mom said quietly. "Let them go! They aren't sympathizers!" Nara yelled. "This says different" a pilot said carrying a terminal. By this point a crowd had gathered. "Ai...scan" Chad said. "Scan complete. It's true that there is a True Way recruitment propaganda on the drive but that's not all. I found a key logger malware on it as well. It was forcefully uploaded seconds before this file was downloaded. It's a setup" Ai said.    

 

"You hear that! It's a frame job! Now release them!" Chad yelled. "No. They will be detained in the designated camp while they are investigated. There's a backlog so it might take a few weeks or months. Now do not impede us any further" their commanding officer said. Chad glanced at Nara who was in tears. "She will be detained too as she has familial ties to the suspects" the commander said walking over to Nara with cuffs.  "The hell you will" Chad hissed grabbing the mech's arm. The groan of armor filled the air. "Release me at once Capt. Cyrus!" the man yelled. The other two mech's aimed at him. "Chad. Our IFF's were just blacklisted" Ai said. "Understood" Chad said. Chad willed the BITS system to activate and surround the group. The humans below wisely cleared out.

 

"You do this and you'll be charged with treason!" the man warned. "Rather be labeled a traitor then be Omega's bitch" Chad said firing. Chad shielded his wife as the three second firefight concluded. Three badly damaged ACE's lay on the ground. Legs and arms blown off. Their pilots alive but down. Nara rushed over to her parents and hugged them. "Nara" Chad said pointing to contrails coming their way. "Go. Leave us!" her father shouted. "I can't just leave you to them!" Nara yelled. "You can and will. Chad. Make her go" her mother ordered. Chad scooped Nara into his arms and took off into the air.  

 

"We got inbound! Four at six o clock and another three at two o clock!" Ai shouted. Chad surrounded her with his shield and poured on the speed. It easily broke the sound barrier and soon passed Mach 2. "Evade!" Ai shouted as positron shots whizzed by them. "This can't be a coincidence. Her family and now this contingent chasing us down within minutes. These assholes were waiting for us" Chad said.

 

"Jesus!" Chad yelled as Giants in combat suits passed him within feet on each other. "Ai I need cover. Something!" Chad yelled. "Drop altitude! It will confuse their radar and infrared scanners!" she yelled. Chad dropped to the deck. He and his wife darted over the ground at a precarious 30 ft. 

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Pursuit squads just lost them" Hermes said. "How?! We were supposed to be ready for this!" Max yelled at the small man. "His machine can fly faster than the average combat mech and is equipped with an unchained AI. It's reasonable to assume he could allude us" Hermes replied. "Do we have any eyes that can quickly search that region? A satellite?" Max asked. "No satellites but there is something. We have a light frigate in orbit that can easily be retasked" Hermes said. Max nodded. "Union space ship Augustus. Prepare for new orders" Hermes said over a comm.       

 

"Chad. I got an incoming encoded message" Ai said. "Ignore it. The Omega used the Union to burn us already" Chad said looking at his radar. Nara was still in shock. His sensors picked up on her elevated heart rate. "It's not from them. Impossible. The message is decoding itself! I have no control over it!" Ai said. "We're being hacked?!" Chad yelled. "No. It's a set of instructions and coordinates. Something in this mech's hardware picked up on the message and automatically decoded it. That would only be possible if...Chad...they're coming back. We need to leave now" Ai warned. "Understood. Take us to these coordinates. Nara baby hang in there" Chad said taking off again. "It's says Nara needs to remove her combat suit. They can ping it and I can't hide her like I can you" Ai said. Along the way, Nara shed her suit. By the time they got to where they were going, she was only clad in a loose shirt, panties, and socks. 

 

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the specified place. "Fuck is this?" Chad asked. "Map says this is Tabris. A chromium mining camp. The mountain there is the seat of operations. Whoever picked this place for us to hide knew what they were doing. Abandoned mining frames and the chromium dust would hide us fairly well. "Nara. Stay crouched underneath us to hide your body heat" Ai said. Chad popped the hatch. It was dark outside but he could make out the face of his wife crouched on her knees close to the STRIKE X. "Mom, dad, oh god Fei! Chad our baby!" Nara cried. "The message contained the statement that your baby is safe for now" Ai said. "Ai who the hell sent that message and how did they know what to do?!" Chad yelled. "Whoever sent the message has to be the same ones that built the STRIKE X or at least built the communications architecture" Ai replied. The heard a dull roar as mech's flew high overhead. The giantess sitting in the dirt was shaking terrified.

 

"No flyovers found them but Augustus is now in position to scan" Hermes said. "Do it and relay the data" Max ordered. "At maximum scan only ordinary heat signatures are detected. Nothing Ingress or machine based. They can't have gotten far enough to blend into the southern cities. I don't understand" Hermes said. "Long ago the Vietcong would hide in areas we couldn't go or recon. Is there ANY area we can't scan there?" Max asked. "I'll ask. Standby" Hermes said. Minutes passed. "There is actually. A small patch of area next to a mountain. Scans are being reflected. I'll put it on the screen" Hermes said. Max looked at it carefully. "Can that ship shoot that area?" Max asked. "It's a small frigate but it does have two primary plasma anti-ship cannons and a torpedo launcher" Hermes replied. "I'll take that as a yes. Fire the cannons on that area. Glass the place" Max ordered. "But Cronus! Chromium his highly flammable in dust form and toxic! Not to mention the loss of a valuable resource! We can send a squadron in!" Hermes yelled.

 

"And have him shoot them down as well? I didn't this far playing it safe. Bombard the location. That's an order" Max said. Hermes looked at the opposing giant whose eyes began glowing. "...yes Cronus" he muttered.

 

"Laser lock from above!" Ai shouted. "Sonovabitch! The mountain entrance! Run for it Nara!" Chad yelled. Chad held her hand as they dashed for the entrance. Her giant socked feet crushed tiny forklifts and vehicles hurting her soles but she kept on anyway. The night sky began to glow blue as plasma bolts tore through it. The two jumped into the entrance just as the bolts impacted the ground. The sudden blast shook the ground and a torrent of air pushed them back. Where they were crouching earlier was engulfed in a mushroom cloud of fire and ash. "A shot from an orbiting space ship. Blast yield was about 7 kilotons. Relatively small actually" Ai said.

 

"Small my fucking ass. Nara are you alright?" Chad asked. "I'm alright. Ahh!" Nara said gripping her foot. Her sock was turning red with blood. One of the forklifts from earlier had its teeth embeded in her foot flesh. "Hold still" Chad said gripping it. Nara yelped as he yanked it free. He slid off her sock to look. "Thank god. It wasn't deep" he said. "Tell that to my foot!" Nara yelled. "I'll kiss it and make it better later baby" Chad said. Nara touched his open cockpit. His hand touching her fingertip. "We're safe for the moment Chad. Those cannons can't do any real damage to this mountain" Ai said. "Yeah but we're trapped. Sooner or later they'll come for us unless our mysterious friend performs another miracle" Chad said.

 

"You see that?! Just before impact!" Max shouted. "Yeah we saw. Two hear signatures popped up. It was them. They ran into the mountain" Hermes said. "Bury them" Max ordered. Hermes nodded.

 

For 15 minutes the ship bombarded the mountain from space. "Christ! You sure this place will hold?!" Chad yelled. "Yes. The chromium ore here is a very effective shield" Ai replied. Nara was beginning to lose it. Everything shaking. What light they had flickered with each strike. "Hey look at me. We are going to be okay! We haven't faced down titanic aliens, saved the world, got married and had a kid all to have it end under a fucking mountain in the middle of nowhere Africa!" Chad shouted. Nara nodded silently crying.

 

"Still standing?! You said they have torpedoes. I'm assuming antimatter variety?" Max asked. "Yes" Hermes replied. "Full salvo. Time to stop with the bullshit!" Max yelled.

 

"They want us to fire torpedoes now" the weapons officer said. "Jesus Christ are you kidding? What the fuck can be so important to hit them with that?! Do it" the Captain said. "Locking on target. Loading torpedoes. Firing. Impact in 5 minutes 21 seconds" the weapons officer said.  Three missiles streaked out of the ship racing to the surface.

 

"They stopped. I doubt they gave up though. For all we know there's a battalion on the other side of that gate door" Chad muttered. Nara stood up and winced as her injured foot touched the floor. "Chad if...if it happens I want you to know I love you and I'm okay dying if I'm with you" Nara said. Chad wanted to fire a quip or retort but he knew what she meant. "Same here sweetheart. If there really is an afterlife I hope I spend eternity with you" he said unbuckling his seatbelt. Nara hugged him to her.  "You think we have time for one last bit of sex?" Chad asked. Nara burst of laughing. "You always could make me laugh even when I was at my lowest" she said. "What? I was being serious" Chad quipped. "Ummm...maybe a blowjob" Nara said. She began pulling on his pants when his cockpit beeped. "Oral sex will have to wait Chad. I got another message and it's bad. More instructions and a map of this mountains. They want us to go to the center and brace for the impact" Ai said.

 

"Fuck. What bombardment? Ehat do they have left to fire...aw crap" Chad said. Chad hopped back in, picked up his wife and ran. "Get ready! Impact in 10 seconds!" Ai yelled. "This better be good!" Chad yelled. "It is. I finally know who's been sending messages. We can trust them. Bruce yourselves!" Ai yelled. An almighty shockwave rippled through the inside of the mountains knocking out lights. Another followed and parts of the ceiling caved in. Thankfully, the STRIKE X's shield protected him and Nara. The last one cracked the floor and far behind them there was a red orange glow of flames. "Antimatter weapons. Three of them. Each with a yield of 3.3 megatons. The mountains can't take another hit like that. It will collapse and bury us. Fortunately, they have arrived" Ai said.

 

2 minutes later...

 

"Direct hit! 43% of the mountain has been destroyed! Another salvo and it will implode! Shall I order it?" Hermes asked. "Yes...wait! They're fleeing! This is our chance! Cannon barrage!" Max yelled. "IFF's recognized as Chadwick and Nara Cyrus! Targets confirmed! Relaying firing orders!" Hermes yelled. Max watched on the screen as the two blips were zoomed in on. "No tricks left" he said seeing the STRIKE X carrying an Ingress in full view. A bright flash from a plasma bolt made them tumble and another caused them to crash to the ground. "Bye bye" Max waved as a plasma bolt hit the targets with exact precision. A small blast followed by a much bigger one filled the screen. "Those old reactors were touchy" Hermes said quietly. "And that is as they say is that. At least old Chen Cyrus has some new company now" Max said standing up. Hermes and various people in the command center watched the giant leave chuckling to himself.

 

He sat down in the officer’s lounge (really a large storage room he refitted just recently) by himself. A human bartender and waitress were nearby watching the supreme commander as they saw him as. Max reached into a box and yanked out a bottle of scotch and poured a drink. Behind him he heard the tapping of heels on hardwood floor.  "Hear you eliminated Chadwick and his wife. The Cyrus family has seen better days" Bee said sitting next to him. "Ha! An understatement. By this time tomorrow they will be branded as traitors and poor Rex Cyrus will have to resign in disgrace. The bastard might even take his own life" Max said taking a drink. Bee pulled the glass from his hand and drank. "Good shit right? Ingress whiskey. Made from some weird looking plant. Maybe when this is all over we can task some into making this. We can spare a few for that. A few here to make technology. A few there to build things. The Ingress we allow to stay will have a new role on this world and humans will again be the apex species. It will be glorious Bee" Max said with glowing eyes.

 

He turned to face her and grasped the top of her dress and yanked it. He tore it right down the center. "Max! We're not alone!" she yelled. Max glanced at the bartender and waitress who were frozen looking at the sight. "Easily remedied" he said waving his hand. The bartender and waitress were pulled into the air towards the two giants. Both were deposited on the bar table in front of him. Max grabbed the waitress and shoved her headfirst into his half full class of whisky. To the poor human girl, it was like being dunked into a cheap private pool full of eye stinging hard alcohol. "Max stop!" Bee cried. "Shh...just a second" Max said. His voice was different. His eyed glowed more brightly. "Oh no. Not again" she thought. Max was smirking as the waitress wriggled and kicked her legs as the giant finger on her back pinned her underneath the alcohol. The possessed giant watched as tiny bubbles of air popped to the surface. Her shoes had fallen off as she fought to stay alive. Her thin slender stocking legs began to slow. One last bubble of air popped to the surface as her legs twitched one last time before going limp.

 

Bee watched as he picked up the whiskey drowned girl and drop her into his mouth. A sadistic grin crept over his face as he savored her 86-proof liquor marinated skin and clothes. He swallowed her corpse and sighed. The bartender was frozen in place by gut wrenching terror. A colleague and friend had just been drowned and devoured like a martini olive. Max yanked him up and held him in front of Bee. "Open wide honey" he said. His voice echoed in her mind. In this state, he was more Progenitor than Ingress or human. Calling him insane didn't describe it justly. Another personality had emerged. One that his lessors not as comrades but as things to be used to get what he desired and right now he wanted to fuck Beatrice. Witnesses? An easy remedy for him. The logical solution was to destroy them. Why bother with unnecessary social inhibitions?

 

Her heart pounded. Last time she saw him like this he damn near ate her without so much as a passing thought. If she rebuked him further she feared dying in a hundred different ways. Beatrice opened her mouth. Max shoved the screaming man into her mouth. Cramming his body into it painfully as his legs folded to accommodate. She could taste the cologne and sweat on his skin and the clothes he wore. It wasn't terrible and she blushed as her mouth gathered saliva. She tired her best not to swallow but the man inside didn't make it easy. He scrambled around in her mouth kicking her cheeks and teeth and worse yet she found him tasting better over the passing seconds.

 

Max pulled her panties aside and unzipped his pants. She held onto the table as his giant girth parted her cunt. Deeper and deeper until he was fully inside her. max leaned in and kissed her gently on her lips before pulling back and slamming it back in. Max wasn't gentle nor was he forceful. Determined was more like it as he fucked her using long strokes. The bar creaked as the giants copulated. Two heavy half ton open toed heels fell to the floor as her feet flexed and scrunched when he went deep enough to hit her g spot. The man in her mouth had stopped moving. His strength low   and waning as he gripped her tongue for dear life. Bee felt him whimpering in there and prayed for him to hang on a bit longer. With any luck, it would be over and could spit him out after Max left. She ran out of luck when he came.

 

Max groaned and blew his hundred gallon load deep inside her and caused Bee to involuntarily orgasm. She titled her head back and went to breathe through her mouth. When she did, the man was sucked back into her throat causing her to choke. By this point it was either her life or his. Be swallowed. Dozens of pounds of pressure pushed at all sides of his small body as he was pulled down the fleshy tube. He screamed in pain as he ribs broke and suddenly he was out of air. His legs snapped as they were forced into his chest at an awkward angle. Another gulp and the tube opened up. He fell into her stomach badly hurt but able to breathe again. He couldn't move as he laid on a pile of half-digested burger. The liquid around him made his hands itch and then burn. He yanked them back crying out in pain.

 

They seeped through his clothes. The fabric sizzling and unraveling by the second leaving him more vulnerable. He tried to crawl. Every inch agony as his hands blistered. The flesh beginning to fall off. There was no light inside and the air began to burn his tortured lungs. He slipped into a deeper pool of acid and screamed as it assaulted his face. It got into his mouth and his tongue went numb. His body was going limp from shock as the acids broke down his flesh. Mercifully, he passed out before expiring.

 

Bee felt everything. Him moving around trying to survive. She was a scientist so she knew full well her body was breaking him down to basic proteins, minerals, and calories to add to her new giantess body. She had ended his life and he would be a part of her literally for a very long time. It worried her that the thought of that didn't sicken her. The taking of his life did but the swallowing and digesting part...nope. Then again there was a more pressing matter.

 

"Beautiful as always my little Bee. More than perfect" Max said patting her tummy. Bee watched him zip up and leave the room. The contented look on his face seemed different than a young man cumming in a pretty girl. Then it hit her like a ton of bricks. He wasn't patting her on her tummy. It was where her uterus was. In all the work and busy schedule, Beatrice had dismissed the fact that she was ovulating. "Oh my god. He wants me to have his baby" she stammered.

 

Max made his way outside and sat on the Tarmac on front of the hangar. The technicians working on various machines were playing an old tune. "Turn it up. Has a good beat to it" Max said. Enjoying the good mood their boss was they obliged. "Hey you. Ehats the name to this song?" Max asked looking at the clouds. "An old 21 century song from a guy named Rag N' Bone. Only human" the tech replied. "I like it. I like it a lot" Max said. He listened to the beat and began singing with it.

 

"I'm only human I make mistakes

 I'm only human that's all it takes

To put the blame on me

Don't put your blame on me..."