- Text Size +
Day Four: The Husband

Today was another Tuesday morning in our home world and again we both attended our workplaces and worked as hard as any productive citizen lacking superhuman powers is expected to. Today was not a fun day for me at my office job. I won’t go into too much detail as to what happened, partly because it’s boring to explain what it means for the TPS Report Central Server at Insurance Mega Corp Incorporated to have an ID Ten Tee error and partly because it may reveal my identity and by extension the Portal we have, and we don’t want our fun to end anytime soon. Not only was it not fun but the shitty management makes an already terrible day worse with their tiresome office politics and micromanagement of my work. The classic toxic work environment you might say, one that I had to stay in to keep money flowing in. I made a mental note that once I got back in the portal and went through the Daily Run I would find another parallel universe with this corporation and the same managers and possibly even a parallel universe counterpart of me and enact some super powered vengeance on the whole petty lot of them. The thought of it I think kept me going through the day without losing my cool or doing anything stupid.

 

One of the most interesting things about the portal world that we have access to is the fact that, as far as we know there are an infinite number of parallel universes that we can access through it. The universe where we have the Daily Run is only the universe we start in, with our godlike powers we can effectively travel wherever we like within a universe or even to other universes that may be the same as ours or completely different. We’ve been to hundreds so far, the possibilities are varied. Sometimes we can just search at random, popping into a world where Africa colonised the world, or where life never evolved, or where humanity is still in the middle ages, people have magical powers, or where Hillary Rodham beat Bill Clinton in the 1992 election and so on and so forth.

 

If we don’t like what we see then of course in every case we’ve found we can just reshape that reality to whatever we want it to be, in some cases we’ve even just annihilated whole universes that we didn’t like or even experimented with creating new ones (though we found it far easier to work with an existing one). In the vast majority of these universes we don’t even exist, this is obvious when you think about just how improbable your own individual existence is, even less probable is that both me and my wife exist at the same time and place and are both married to each other. Of course some of you may ask: What do you do if you find a universe where either of you exist in some form? Does the nature of your relationship change anything about how you treat your doubles?

 

A good question, as every time we go to a place we’ve never been before we always use our powers to scan that entire universe for any being similar to us in appearance, mindset and so on. It is amazing just how vast in scope our power is over this entire multiverse in being able to track even relatively obscure details, so long as we go to the trouble of honing and using those powers. Anyway to return to my point we feel something of a bond with our other universe counterparts, not an extremely close bond, but enough for us to decide that any universe containing either or both of us shouldn’t be turned into one of our ‘Marital Aids’, lest we harm our alternate universe counterparts.

 

In some cases we even track our counterparts down and grant them similar powers to our own (albeit without the ability to overpower us or to travel between universes). It can be fun to see what others bestowed with vast godlike powers do, I mean so long as you are safe from being harmed from them yourself, I’m sure you little ones don’t appreciate having your way of life destroyed by someone who was ‘Just Experimenting and Having Fun’ but once you reach that threshold of power the opinions of others that are not your peers in the cosmic power scale generally cease to matter. Not all of our alternate counterparts are sex and violence focused like us; some of them are genuinely nice and altruistic and have done absolutely beautiful things with the powers we gave them and we don’t interfere with them if that is the path they’ve chosen. We could tell you all about things they’ve done, but quite frankly it would bore you to tears.

 

Later that evening after all was said and done and the workday torment ended I pulled into the driveway of my house feeling a determination in my heart to get even, to seek catharsis for my rage at the system that kept me working like a dog all day and to do it with the loving support of my Goddess wife. It might not be my universe that I direct my rage towards, but it should be close enough to make me feel a little better. I told my wife about my day and she told me of her own troubles, of the angry phone calls, even the sexual harassment by one of her own co-workers and we both agreed that after our Daily Run we would find a similar universe to this one and go to town on it.

 

Today was my wife’s turn again to enter the portal as the ‘Designated Giantess’, given the ‘Foul’ I inflicted on her in yesterday’s Daily Run. My wife this time decided to enter the portal completely nude (and with no shoes on her this time) while I dressed in my gym shorts and running shoes awaiting the mandatory two minute countdown before I entered, wondering what sort of obstacle course her powers and imagination would create next and what challenge this would mean for me. Perhaps this time I will let my wife tell the story, so you can get an idea on what she does in regard to establishing the obstacle course and perhaps anything else she does within my subjective two minute waiting time.