- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter will potentially lead to two different Arcs; Francine or Mrs. Read.

You find out some things about Francine and meet Arthur's alluring mother.

Your adrenaline is coursing through your veins because of your previous encounter of the giant girl almost killing you. Your eyes dart back and forth across the wide expansion of toffee brown rug that stretches out before you, while you can see wooden floor boards coming out beneath it in the distance.






You are torn about where you should hide as you glance over the green striped sofa behind you, the light brown end table beside the sofa, the television on top of a moss green entertainment center in the distance which is showing soccer at the moment, the floor lamp on the left side of the sofa, or the maroon brown chest behind the sofa that you were able to see when you were hiding under the sofa dodging the giant girl's hand while she was trying to grab you with her chipped purple polished fingernails that were a little dirty.






You shudder as you recall the horrible experience. There remains two other hiding spots, but they are not really worth mentioning, since you would definitely not hide there willingly.





One is a red velvety blanket covered pet's bed, which you assume to belong to a dog since it has a bone chew toy beside it. The reason you would not hide there is because you have watched animal planet's show The Dog Whisperer and your mother also has a few pet dogs that you conveniently grew up with, so you know that dogs are naturally horny and possessive creatures; therefore you definitely do not want to be a part of it's primitive needs.






The other hiding spot where you would not hide is a foot away from you and even so, you can smell a cheesy Frito-Lay corn chip like smell emanating from the giant dirty banged up red converse shoe which you saw much to your sensory horror, the giant girl take off. That is definitely a no-no for a hiding spot. You can actually see vapor arising from it!





Therefore you basically are left with the end table, lamp, dresser, and entertainment center; since you cannot hide under the sofa because the giant tomboyish looking girl will most likely be expecting you to be there.





Unfortunately it seems like you will not get the chance to come to a decision because you hear thunderous footsteps accompanied by voices in the distance quickly coming towards the living room you assume yourself to be in.





You shudder while you realize your adrenaline has worn off as you start to feel like a spent engine while you watch a giant pair of speckled green and brown suppose to be white socked feet and a giant pair of white sketchers with a cerulean blue bottom come into the living room.






Of course, the pair of dirty smelly socks belong to the giant girl that almost killed you. You see the giant girl is wearing faded blue jeans that has a few small tears along with grass and dirt stains strewn throughout it followed by a giant dirty red sweater that that is not doing much to cover her well attributed figure, which you can also see that she is not wearing an undershirt as you see her enthusiastically conversing with a giant even bigger than her beside her, which causes you to nervously gulp.






You swallow as you gaze at the the unknown bigger giant, who has on white sketchers with a cerulean blue bottom, faded blue creased jeans that has obviously been ironed, a pink cardigan cashmere sweater, a white dress shirt, and a watch with a dark maroon brown band on her left wrist. Her clothes are hugging her womanly figure dearly to highlight her curves. You nervously swallow once again as you see her giant peeved mature beautiful face from where you are standing as both of the giants thunderously walk towards you. You weakly fall down behind one of the legs of the end table hoping and praying that you do not get found.





"Mrs. Read, I swear I saw a weird bug in here!" The giant girl that almost killed said, letting her pungent foot odor spread throughout the room.





"Francine! You know this is not funny, right? You, Buster, and Muffy were just here yesterday and saw my husband and I thoroughly cleaning because my mother-in-law is coming over this weekend to stay with Arthur and DW all next week for my husband and I can go to that baking competition...anyway, I did not see a bug nor any dust while I was cleaning up yesterday. The only reason I even bothered to look over anything is because of my mother-in-law's mouth..." Mrs. Read said in a peeved tone.






"Honest Mrs. Read, I saw some weird looking bug!" exclaimed Francine as her footsteps became more thunderous and was obviously affecting you as you tried to keep your bearings while she walked to the side of the sofa where the end table is and also your hiding spot. You watch her dirty smelly speckled green and brown suppose to be white damp sock hug her foot as it tapped impatiently while her eyes panned the floor in front of the sofa for you. You try to subtly cough as you almost suffocate while gagging from her pungent cheesy Frito-Lay corn chip foot odor. You can see Mrs. Read in the distance looking under the dresser and etc. trying to find you.





"Francine, I do not see not a 'thing!'" Mrs. Read said in a clearly upset tone.





"Mrs. Read...I really thought I saw one, honest! I am sorry! I know you were packing..." Francine said in a depressed tone, but was interrupted.





"Uhm...Look Francine you are a tomgirl, like really! You are scared to pick up a bug! Look...I know you like Arthur..." Mrs. Read said in a exasperated tone.





"I...I...I" stammered Francine as her stinky feet shuffled in front of you as you saw dirt and torn bits of grass fly everwhere while you cringed to avoid it as Mrs. Read approached her to hold her by her shoulders, then firmly look her in the eyes.





"...Francine, you do not get a boy to like you by hounding him all the time and bullying him. Arthur tells me all the time about how you bully and tease him. You are just going to push him further away from you and create a barrier between you both. He is a boy remember, so he cannot tell right of the back that you are doing it because you like him. Try to ease up, okay." said Mrs. Read.





"Ugh! He is such a wuss though and every time I try to ask him to hang out, he avoids the question or brings Buster or Brain along! I do try! Pro...probably, it is just not meant to be." Francine emotionally said.





"Francine, you have long way to go in life. You are going to meet new boys and you both are only in middle school. You have plenty of time to develop a relationship later on in life. Do not try to rush things, okay Francine?" sMrs. Read said, rustling the hair on Francine's head.





"Okay..." Francine said, greatly lacking enthusiasm.





"Oh, Francine!" Mrs. Read lightly exclaims.




"Yes, Mrs. Read?" Francine asked.





"How many times do I have to tell you not to take your shoes off when you come over to my house! I just picked up this rug from dry cleaning this morning! Now, I am going to have to take it back and clean up the house again! I get on you about it literally every time you come over here! If you do it again, you can forget about getting invited or just plainly coming over ever again! Do you understand?!!" Mrs. Read exclaimed, causing her bountiful bosom to heave up and down.





"Y...yes! I am so sorry Mrs. Read! It is a habit! I really did not mean to!" Francine meekly said, as you saw her brown skin on her face surprisingly flush into a shade of red.





"Whatever, as long as you understand! Anyway, Arthur sneaked out the back and ran to the Sugar Bowl with Pal, Brain, and Buster. If you hurry, you can probably catch him..." Mrs. Read said, comically seeing Francine drop down onto the floor to hurriedly put her banged up smelly red converse shoes on, which came as a horror to you, because when she dropped on the ground, she stretched out her hand to catch herself and unfortunately you had stepped out of your hiding place to ogle Mrs. Read's hour glass figure, so Francine's hand was about to land on top of you.





You watch as her chipped purple polished fingernails come your way as you try to think of a way out of this situation. Your mind is stumped, but luckily when Francine puts her hand down, you slip into the gap between two of her fingers. You breathe out a sigh in relief as you try to calm your racing heart down. You glance at her curled brown fingers and see a little dirt under her fingernails. You almost lose it and tell yourself that there is 'no place like home', but the reality of your situation does not allow reprieve for self pity.





You run towards to grab onto the sleeve of her red sweater as she takes her hand back to tie her shoes. Warm vapor arises from it as the foot odor stings your eyes to cause them to water, while you hold on to her sleeve for your dear life.





Gladly and luckily, she does not take too long to tie her shoes. You watch as she hops off of the floor as you feel air pressure bearing down on you while yours ears ring. You feel light headed and slightly delirious. For some reason you seem to be approaching Mrs. Read, while being enveloped in a wonderful fragrance but also a womanly musk.





You see you are approaching something that is fuzzy pink, then silky white and afterwards, it all of sudden becomes dark and the fragrance is stronger. You feel the surface you are laying on shift while you try to get your consciousness back to focus.




You come to and realize...