- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

You meet three of the main characters and learn some of their backstory and discover the weird vibe between them.

I knew I was what most people in society would call insignificant or some of the so called 'Regular' people would call me a bottom feeder of society, but I slick do not care as I found myself staring at the Littles and Regulars who have come to attend my mother's funeral as they speak to each other in hushed whispers while taking several glances at me. I stare at their expensive black drab garments and shoes they are outfitted in as they offer me their so called 'sincere' condolences while others offered me congratulations for my recent accomplishments, but in actuality, most of these people are just here for the reading of my mother's will after the burial.


Sigh... Who am I to judge though? I have yet to shed a single tear for some reason. I know I will miss my mother's tired face when she would give me a heartwarming smile as I gazed up into her twinkling big sea-green eyes while she would tickle and tease me with her fingers. The memories of her I will treasure and my mother I will surely miss, yet I can shed no tears.


Quite funny, isn't it? After all, if my mother was not the great Mrs. Alexandria Banikan, who knows where I would have ended up if I was born in a...well lower income based family, especially since the great genetic predisposition happened a year before I was born, so society was still trying to deal with the people who were being born at a minuscule height and the people who were randomly shrinking down throughout society.


I think the genetic predisposition period started well before that, however that is something to think about another time for I can see my mother's best friend and business partner or rather the Vice President, Ms. Margaret, walking towards me in an obsidian black feathered dress with black pumps encasing her feet and also highlighting her lovely shapely figure, while sporting a black diamond bracelet on her wrist and wearing far too much make up as per usual. I glance around at the forest of legs, chairs, and funeral arrangements surrounding me, as well as the various Littles organization members while I try to find somewhere to avoid the bothersome old two-faced woman, yet I never had much luck as I heard a familiar loud rumbling of someone clearing their throat above me accompanied by a thunderous footstep landing behind me followed by a wave of perfume, so I helplessly sigh as I turn around to face her shiny black pumps, then look up.


"Ehm-ehm! Oh! There you are my little Caesar! I was looking all over for you! How are you doing?" Margaret said, gazing down at me with one of her fake concerned facial expressions.


I gaze up at her blond hair that has fallen down to dangle masking some of her face in a shadow while admiring her award winning acting as I see her hands folded over her bountiful chest covering her heart with an emotional facial expression plastered on her face. This conniving old woman could have won an Oscar for her phenomenal acting. I gaze back down to stare at her glossy black pumps which she seems to be absentmindedly wiggling or scrunching her toes inside of them for I can hear the creaking noises as well as see her shoe moving, which causes me to smell the fragrant perfume she must have saturated herself with and also a slightly sweaty odor lingering from her black sheer nylon encased feet.


'This woman completely irks me...'


"Ah! Caesar! Did you hear me dear? My dearest, I know you do not feel alright, but your Aunt Margie will make it all better!" Margaret said with a voice caked with emotion as she bent down to reach for me.


'Tch... what an annoying woman. Of course, I do not feel alright. After all, my mother is dead. She is good though, I have got to hand it to her. Wait! What the hell is she doing?'


I alarmingly realize I am in a shadow and hurriedly gaze upwards to see her large lightly tan manicured hand coming towards me, which causes me to feel a little spooked for a second.


"Why don't you come here dear, you know how I hate craning my neck down, since it causes it to be so sore." Margaret said, then winked at me.


My vision turns dark as the heavy scent from her perfume invades my nostrils while her pudgy fleshly skin presses into me from all sides as I try not to give in to the claustrophobic feeling that is coming over me as well as not to shiver from the cold feeling of the metal from one of the rings on her fingers brushing up against the back of my neck.


'She knows I hate being picked up and people touching me! She even completely closed me inside her fist! She has gotten quite bold...the old woman must think the company as well as my mother's assets are all going to her. What a foolish belief.'


Light floods back into my vision as a pearl necklace draped over a lightly tan valley of bulging breast that were not being hidden so well by the black feathers surrounding them. Margaret womanly scent as well as her fragrant perfume lingers into my nostrils as I am captivated by her breast for a few brief seconds, which of course does not go unnoticed...


"Oh my! Does my little Caesar see something he likes!" Margaret whispered in a sultry tone, hugging her breast together with her free arm while bringing me closer to them as she giggled at my reaction on her palm.


I cringed as I saw myself getting closer to the dark crevice between her breast as she called her pet nickname for me while I slowly backpedaled away on her pudgy palm, but stopped as I heard her giggles above and glared up at her.


'Tch! I am an amusement am I...'


"I do not have a fascination for fake breast. I sincerely apologize for sounding so crude. By the way Ms. Margaret, why did you pick me up without my permission? I am having difficulties trying to figure it out." I said in a dull tone, while looking at the heavy appliance of make up on her face and her glossed pink lips as her lips parted for her to speak.


"How could they be fake my little Caesar? They are on my body as you can see. I paid for the touch up operation for you could have a firm mountain to retreat to when you go on your campaigns. After all, I cannot have my little Caesar transversing my temple without it having a firm foundation can I? Hmm?" Margaret sultrily said in a slightly loud whisper while voraciously peering down at me completely ignoring my question.


I felt chills go down my spine as my body harshly cringed at her words as I gazed up to see the teasing glint in her eyes as if they were daring me to say something, which kind of riled me up unfortunately.


'I truly hate being called Caesar! She knows that! She sure is acting pretty bold today for some reason. Wait, is that a wire hidden in her cleavage? What in the world is she up to? This must be her pathetic back up plan... Is she trying to seduce me or make it seem to the board of directives that I am to incompetent due to my size, age, or character? Tch. Whatever.'


"Unfortunately, I would not visit a Greek temple for it is far too old as well as its era is beneath me. I am sure the Goddess of the temple can find someone else to help provide maintenance to her temple as she usually does." I voice in my usual dull tone once I fix my composure.


Her teasing facial expression changed several times as she gritted her teeth much to my delight and also horror as she clasped her hand around me a little bit.


"By the way Ms. Margaret, I find it rather strange to see you wearing a wire at my mother's funeral. What are you up to if you do not mind me asking?" I say, seeing her arched blond eyebrows lift slightly at my words while the glint appears in her eyes starting to creep me out.


"You know, it is not gentlemen like to look inside a ladies cleavage. I thought you did not like this old temple, hmm? Anyway, I was just walking around to see if I could get any of the beneficiaries or the company's executives to voice their ulterior feelings about your mother to me, so I can remove them from whatever inheritance they were going to receive." Margaret said, using her free hand to push the wire further into her cleavage to hide from view.


"Do you really treasure worldly things so much that you even have to be conniving at my mother's funeral? Wait...do not answer that. I do not want to hear your response. I always wondered what happened to you. You did not use to be like this. You really disgust me. Anyway, could you please put me down." I say, seeing that her eyes seem to be studying me as if she seemed to be deciding something.


I watch her every move as I waited for her to answer me, but instead, I scarily found her free hand coming towards me as she uses a finger to fondle my hair while giving me a sincere affectionate teary eyed smile, which causes my chest to feel funny as a tear unbeknownst to me slides out of my eye.


'What is wrong with me?'


"It is alright my little Caesar... I may be a spiteful two faced conniving old woman that you seem to hate, but I will always be here for you. After all, I am your aunt Margie whether you admit it or not. It is good to let your emotions out sometimes you know my little Caesar. You just cannot keep everything bottled up inside of you." Margaret said, her finger continuing to caress my head.


'Annoying old woman! Why can't...why can't she just keep up her usual facade? Why is she trying to act like my mother all of a sudden? We do not even possess a close relationship, yet she is trying to get under my skin and act as if she really cares about me!'


"Put me down Ms. Margaret. I do not have the time nor am I in the mood for your ploys. And please stop rubbing my head. Your touch is sending unwelcomed shivers down my spine." I say, feeling and seeing her remove her finger from my head to wipe her tear-filled big gray eyes that I was trying not to notice.


Her lightly tan skin on her face started to tinge red in sadness as the wind whistled around me while her cupped palm lowered me to the ground. I avoided looking back up at her because I could not bring myself to see her distraught appearance as her hand finally made it to the ground and she laid it flat for me to walk off of.


'Perhaps...I went a little too far this time. I know the conniving old woman cares for me, which is kind of weird, however she has done many things to hurt my mother, her supposedly best-friend, not including what she has done to me. She gave away false information to receive more shares of the company and also gave away company secrets to make her position more stable, not including the several company crises that she caused by falsely pointing out several good higher up employees to take the blame whereas they tried to resign, but she terminated their employment so they could not receive any benefits. She has done so many horrible things just so she can keep her position and also try to steal my mother's, so I am not going to feel sorry for the conniving old woman.'


I may have been telling myself that, however my body felt completely different. I glance upwards to just get a quick look at her and I see her ruin makeup tear-stained face as tears kept steaming down her lightly tan face as we make eye contact. Her mouth kept parting and closing as she stared down at me as if she was trying to say something as snot leaked out of her nose to run down her luscious pink lips.


My heart aches for some reason as I back up a few steps staring up at her face, then turned around and started briskly walking away from her trying to forget her distraught image I just saw, but a shadow loomed over me as her pudgy fleshly palm slammed down in front me like a great wall to block my path. For some reason, I felt completely annoyed.


'Why can't she just leave me the fuck alone!'


I can barely manage to keep my composure as I turn around and glance upwards to see her while trying to stifle the annoyed anger in my heart, however when my eyes fall onto her tear-stricken face, all my bitter feelings vanish and were replaced by sorrow. I could feel my eyes growing heavy with tears as I gazed up at her, but I refused my body to shed even a single tear for her because she did not deserve it.


Well, at least I thought until her lips parted and she croaked the words hoarsely "I'm sorry!" as a tear drop fell from her eye to land onto me while her distraught beautiful face loomed above me as she remorsefully peered down at me. I shivered from the wetness as well as the salty warm taste as the anger I thought was repressed surfaced.


"Say that to my mother's corpse as well as the previous employees whose life you ruined, Ms. Margaret. I am the last person you should be apologizing to. You hurt others far more than your betrayal to me. Could you remove your hand please? You are blocking my path. By the way, you should go fix your appearance. It is very unbecoming for a lady of your stature, plus you look quite appalling." I said dully.


I could hear her sniffles and choking sobs in a response after a shocked gasp from her as she shakily removed her hand from behind me. I sighed as I could not believe how apathetically cruel I was while I walked away from her as her hurried footsteps left in the opposite direction of me.


I looked around for something to bide my mind for I can clear my head, but was surprised to find people glancing and pointing at Ms. Margaret and me. We seemed to have caused quite a scene.


'Well, whatever. I am not really in the mood to care about other people's baseless curiosity.'


I walk over to the seating area to sit down as I impatiently wait for the funeral to start. I can hear the hushed whispers around me as people question each other about what they think happened between me and Ms. Margaret while the thunderous footsteps of people moving around causes me to grow even more annoyed. I start to tap my foot impatiently for the funeral ceremony to begin, then after a few irking minutes has passed, I see my mother's company lawyer Ms. Wainwright approaching me in a black business suit dress with a white silk collar shirt while also wearing black pumps that are helping to fully display her shapely legs and thighs.


I wonder what she wants as we both made eye contact and she waived at me while blossoming a sincere smile on her face, which I waive back not so enthusiastically as I stood up as proper gentlemen protocol. She finally arrives in front of me as I look up her pale white shapely legs and thighs to embarrassingly see her dark purple panty clad crotch, in which I hurriedly divert my eyesight to gaze upon her happy fawning face that was almost hidden by the mounds beneath her shirt.


She bends her knees while lowering her hand to lay flat on the ground for I could step on as I notice the fashionable black banded silver watch on her wrist when I step onto her slightly scented honeysuckle palm. She raises her palm as the familiar wind pressure bears down upon me.


'It kind of sucks to be small...'


I arrive at her beautiful mature face to see strands of her brunette dark hair from her bang covering some of her face as she raises her arched eyebrows at me probably wondering why I am just laying down on her hand without saying anything.


I lazily stare at the curious glint in her gaze that is fawning over me as she raises her free hand to put her fingers over her mouth and chin as if she is in deep thought while moving to sit down at the Regular sized chair above where I was sitting. I just lazily lay on her soft palm as I feel her warm breath wash over me while she is peering down at me.


'I really do not feel like being bothered now. Hopefully, she will just say hello and be on her way.'


"So, are you comfortable?" Ms. Wainwright said, letting out an exhausted sigh while giving me a helpless look.


"You know, now that I think about it, I am quite comfortable! How could you tell? Wow! Are you psychic?" I exclaimed in a sarcastic tone, seeing her raise her arched eyebrows at me while pursing her lips at my childishness.


"Look here! I did not do anything to you, Julius...so why are you lashing out at me, huh?" Ms. Wainwright exclaimed, acting as if she was hurt.


I ignore her as I turn over on my side on her palm to face away from her as she muttered, "Really, so it's like that now."


All of sudden, I felt something flip me back on my back as I opened my eyes to see her midnight blue fingernail on my stomach while she prodded my stomach with her finger, in which I let out an involuntary "Omph!" from the suddenness. I turn my head to flare up at her to see her smiling down with a mischievous face at me. I was about to give her a piece of my mind as I glare up at hurt, but she interrupted me.


"Why Julius, why are you looking at me like that? You know, you should not look at adults in that way, they might get offended, hun." Ms. Wainwright said teasingly, while I glared up at her, but she started to tickle me with her finger as I tried not to laugh, however did not succeed.


"Stop! Stop!! Stop!!! Okay, fine! I am sorry! Are you happy now?" I exclaimed, she finally stopped tickling me, much to my relief.


"Of course, I was quite hurt when my little Julius was giving me the cold shoulder!" Ms. Wainwright exclaimed in mockery of me as I rolled my eyes.


"Tch! Whatever! What do you want?" I said in an annoyed tone, while a tsk tsk sound escaped her lovely pale pink lips.


"Now Julius, I thought your mother and I raised you better than that! Tsk! Tsk! I cannot believe you young man! Are you not going to greet me?" Ms. Wainwright said in a hurt tone, while her finger teasingly and slowly approached me.


"Alright! Alright! I give, okay! Hello!" I hurriedly say while holding up my hands, we gaze at each other, then we both burst out in laughter that eventually died down.


"So Julius, what is this matter with Ms. Margaret? Hmm?" Ms. Wainwright questioned, arching an eyebrow waiting on my response.


"She started to act as if she sincerely cared for me and I berated her for it. Plus, she was wearing a wire." I said in my usual dull tone, while she shook her head at me.


"Ugh! I do not know what to say about you two! Anyway, are you...well, doing all right?" Ms. Wainwright said with concern, gazing down at me affectionately.


"Of course! I am okay! Stop worrying, okay!" I try to exclaim enthusiastically, giving her a thumbs up, which must of look comical since I was laying down.


"Julius, it's...it's not good to hold in emotions..."


'Here is that line again... why can't they understand I am fine. Well, at least I think...'


"I am here for you in case you need anything or even if just want to lazily lay on my palm, okay?" Ms. Wainwright sincerely said, making stern eye contact with me.


"I know! I know! Do not get all emotional on me, but I...I thank you for being here for me..." I said, diverting eye contact with her, but she uses her finger to keep my head from turning away and gives me a heartwarming smile.


We stay looking at each other for quite a while until we heard a screech of a microphone. It seemed that the funeral was finally about to begin.