- Text Size +

Molly’s Worst Nightmare
Chapter Four


Molly felt as if she had been left alone in the darkness of the drawer for hours. The tiny girl struggled for leverage between the pairs of balled up socks. A loud noise made her wince. Someone had entered the room. As the drawer slid open, Molly had to cover her eyes due to the intensity of the light pouring in. When her pupils had adjusted to the brightness, Molly raised her head to see who had come for her. Her heart began to pound.

Leah leaned over the drawer, resting her hands on her knees. On the right side of her, Tara stared with her mouth agape. To the left of her, Stacy sucked in an audible, shocked breath. The trio stood, watching the tiny incarnation of their peer, clumsily trying to climb up between the socks. Just when Molly had a good grip on a pair, it would turn over, burying her. Tara could see a tiny pair of legs kicking and struggling underneath the stockings.

“What is that”“ Tara asked, not believing what she was seeing.

“You”ll never believe this!” Leah reached in, plucked the socks between her fingernails, and tossed them aside to reveal a frustrated Molly, sitting up and attempting to claw her way to the top of the drawer.

As she struggled, Molly kept her eyes on the trio. She pleaded with them. “Oh, please guys, help me! Get me out of here, please.” Tears of frustration trickled down her frustrated face. The mammoth girls just stared at her, all in disbelief.

“It”s Molly.” Stacey whispered.

“How”d she get like that”“ Tara asked Leah.

“I don”t know. I told you, she was on my friggin” alarm clock. I don”t know how she got here or how she got like that.”

“It”s really her.” Stacey said, awestruck.

“No ****. That”s her.” Leah confirmed.

“But she”s so tiny.” Tara added.

“Yeah, but it”s definitely her.” Leah said, leaning in for a closer look.

“Why won”t anybody help me”“ Molly cried to them. “Why” Why won”t you just help me”“ She begged.

“What did she say”“ Stacy asked.

“She wants help.” Tara looked to Leah as if it were her problem.

“What should I do”“ Leah Questioned.

“Pick her up.” Tara answered.

“Ewe, I don”t wanna touch her.”

“Well, pick her out with something then.”

Molly could not believe the way they discussed her in their presence, as if she had no say in the matter. “What is wrong with you! Help me, damn it, please, just do something!” She was getting tired from wrestling with the socks.

Leah scanned the room for something to pluck Molly up with. Her gaze dropped to the floor. She stepped out of her warm, fuzzy slippers and picked them up.

“Like, what are you gonna do”“ Stacy asked.

“Pick her up.” Leah said. She held a slipper in each hand with the heels of them facing down toward the drawer.

“Leah”“ Molly cried.

Leah trapped Molly between the fuzzy heels. Molly fought to push them away, but found herself squished tight enough between them that her efforts were futile.

When Leah felt she had Molly pinned tight enough, she raised the shrunken girl from the drawer. All the girls could see was a pair of tiny legs kicking desperately. Molly”s torso was squashed between the silky fibers of the heels.

“I don”t believe it!” Stacy let out.

Leah turned the slippers so that the heels were pointing upward and the helpless legs were kicking upside down. Carefully, she slowly separated the slippers, and Molly slid head first down into one of them. She landed at the bottom of the beddy with a gentle thud.

Molly positioned herself so that she was standing upright inside the slipper. She looked up toward the light and saw Leah”s wide eyes gawking down at her. “Let me out of here, Leah! Let me out! Don”t do this to me, please!”

Tara took an interest in the desperate squeals coming from the shoe. “What”s she saying”“

“I think she wants me to put her down.” Leah responded.

“Well, do it!” Stacy urged.

The inside of the slipper was still warm with Leah”s body heat. Molly was spinning around on her feet, clawing at the inside of the enclosure as if she were a trapped animal frantically trying to escape a snare. At one point, she stopped and pleaded with her new captor. “Leah, please! It”s me! It”s Molly! Oh, you have to help me, you have to!”

Molly”s begging put a smirk on Leah”s face. “She”s scared.” She told the others.

“I guess so!” Tara remarked.

“I just can”t believe it; it”s like, you know, unbelievable.” Stacy added.

“Can”t you hear me”“ Molly screamed. “Stop this! I”m not a toy. I”m a person! You have to help me, please.”

“Put her down and see what she does.” Tara urged. She felt excited.

“Okay.” Leah bent over and placed the slipper on the floor.

As the beddy came to a rest, Molly fell forward onto her stomach. At the end of the fuzzy tunnel, she could see a bare foot in the carpet that she recognized to be Leah”s. Grateful to be somewhat unrestricted, Molly burrowed forward until she was on the heel part of the slipper, then leapt from it into the bedroom carpet, landing unsteadily. The three enormous girls stared down at her.

“Awe, the poor little thing.” Tara”s sympathy was genuine. She and Molly had no bad blood.

“I can”t believe it. It”s really her. I guess this is what happened to her. I mean, I guess this is why she disappeared.” Stacy”s attitude was matter-of-fact and she felt disconnected from the reality of the situation.

“What is she doing in my room”“ Leah sounded as if she had been violated; she loved drama. “Look at her! What does she want from me”“ She could not keep from implying herself as a victim, even though it was Molly who”d been shrunk.

Molly backed up cautiously through the carpet, trying to take in the sight of her three, titan peers. “All they have to do is help me! Why won”t they help me”“

“She”s talking.” Tara pointed out as she leaned forward.

The sudden movement of the giantess startled the little creature, and she backed up a little faster.

“Don”t be afraid, Molly.” Tara got to her knees.

Molly let out a sigh of relief. Finally, one of the girls addressed her as if she were a human being. She looked to Tara with pleading eyes. “Oh, please help me, please!”

Tara pitched her torso forward so that it covered her thighs, and extended her forearm with the back of her hand flat on the floor. “C”mon, Molly. It”s okay. C”mere.”

Molly gave her an unsure look. It was difficult for her to resist. Though Tara was a little uppity, she was so pretty and kinder than her two friends. She seemed to be a little more considerate of other people”s feelings.

“It”s all right. Don”t be scared.” Tara soothed her.

Molly began to run toward Tara”s outstretched fingers. Her right foot came down on the tip of Tara”s middle finger. She stepped up and waddled toward the white, soft palm with one foot on Tara”s index finger and the other on the middle. When she peered up to get a perspective of Tara”s looming face, her left foot came down in the shallow ditch between the two, long fingers and she stumbled.

“Oops!” Tara giggled. “You”re okay, c”mon. It”s all right.”

Molly”s tiny feet felt cold and tickly on Tara”s hand. Tara could feel the footsteps sending goose pimples over her arms.

When Molly reached the center of Tara”s palm, she glanced around. Leah”s bare feet were planted in the carpet; her toes wriggled nervously. Stacy”s feet were in a black pair of socks and were motionless. Then Molly looked up to Tara, who was smiling down on her.

“Okay”“ Tara asked.

Molly shook her head to tell her yes and sat down on the smooth skin. Tara”s hand was radiant with heat. Her motion was gentle as she elevated Molly from the carpet. The shrunken girl took notice to how much more delicate she was being handled than previously.

Tara sat with her ass on her heels. “I”m gonna stand up now, okay” Don”t be afraid.”

Molly was so happy to be in Tara”s hand, she felt like putty. “Okay.” She called out in a squeaky voice.

Carefully, Tara got to her feet. Molly sat back on Tara”s hand, resting with her palms behind her. She slid her legs up a little so that they were bent at the knees; the sensation of Tara”s soft skin under her soles excited her.

“You okay”“ Tara asked in a soft voice.

Molly nodded.

“Good.” Tara glanced at the two girls beside her. “She”s so cute!”

Molly could feel herself blushing. She saw Leah and Stacy close in on Tara from both sides. The three, ominous faces peered down on her, making her feel a little awkward. She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them.

Stacy crouched down a little so that her face was level with Tara”s palm. With round eyes, she stared at Molly. “Wow. She”s really tiny.”

Molly was mystified by the site of Stacey”s round face and the jet black hair that fell around it. Stacey had thick lips and dark eyes; she was pretty in a peculiar way.

“Can you guys help me”“ Molly squeaked out.

“Did you hear that”“ Stacey smiled. “Did you hear how tiny her voice sounds”“

Tara brought her hand closer to her own face. “What, honey”“

The three girls were staring at her intensely again, waiting for a reply. “Can you help me, please”“

“Awe, that”s so sweet!” Tara said. “She needs our help.”

“Our help”“ Leah asked.

Tara turned to Leah. “Yeah.”

“What can we do for her”“ Leah asked with her hands on her hips.

Tara shrugged. “I don”t know.” She looked at Molly who sat trembling in the palm of her own hand. “What do you want us to do for you, Molly”“

The question stunned her. She wasn”t sure herself.

“Well”“ Leah insisted.

Tara moved her palm toward Leah. “Here, wanna hold her”“


Molly turned pale.

“Why”“ Leah asked.

“So you can talk to her and see what she feels like.”

When Leah gazed at Molly, she saw how intimidated the little girl felt, and she liked it. A smirk spread across her face. “Yeah, okay.”

“Put your hand out.” Tara told her.

Leah cupped her two hands together and Tara began to tilt hers gently over them. Molly slid on her ass from Tara”s palm. She spilled onto Leah”s left hand. Leah then who pivoted her hands so that Molly was dumped from the left one and onto the right.

Molly began to back up on her ass toward the fingers, never taking her eyes off the face that was staring down at her.

Leah squinted her eyes and a devilish ripple whipped across her lips. “What”s the matter, Molly”“

The tiny girl swallowed.

“Well” What the hell are you doing in my room and how did you get here”“

“Leah, please, let me explain.” Molly noticed that Leah”s hand was colder than Tara”s, and her fingers were just as long but a little skinnier.

“That”s what I want, explanations.”

“Go easy on her, Leah.” Stacey whispered.

“Well”“ Leah demanded.

“I saw you at the mall, and I”“

“At the mall” The mall! What the hell were you doing in the mall like that” And how did you get here from there”“

Molly could feel Leah”s hand trembling below her. The look on Leah”s face told Molly that she was enjoying herself much in the way that Allison had.

“Your pants” the cuff”“

“Holy crap, I don”t believe this! Are you hearing this” She snuck in my pants!”

“Just the cuff, Leah.” Stacey offered.

“But still!”

“You”re scaring her, knock it off.” Tara said. “Why don”t you put her down and she can tell us what happened. Put her on the bed.”

As Leah”s hand moved toward the bed, Molly saw the colors of the room blur past her. She could feel the gravity pulling on the center of her belly.

Leah dropped Molly onto the bed from a distance a little more comfortable than Molly would have preferred. Her tiny body bounced once, knocking the breath out of her. She rolled over, shook it off, got to her knees, and looked helplessly to her peers.

“Be careful with her, Leah!” Tara said.

Stacey knelt down beside the bed. “Tell us what happened.”

Molly cross examined the three girls with her eyes. They were more than curious. “Well, the formal, at the formal, Allison, she shrunk me”“

Tara knelt beside Stacey. “Allison did this to you”“

Molly acknowledged her with a nod.

“How”d you get away”“ Stacey wanted to know.

“In her mom”s coat.”

“What”“ Leah could barely believe what she was hearing.

Molly told the entire story in detail while the three girls knelt before her, listening. “And so, I figured that Leah could help me get to Samantha”“

Leah smirked and looked at Tara. “Samantha”“ She returned her gaze to Molly. “Why Samantha”“

“Well, she”s my friend.” Molly gave Leah her best begging, blue eyes. “And she”s your friend too.”

“Hmm. Samantha. Well, we could call her.” Leah had a good inclination of what Sam”s reaction would be to a helpless Molly.

“No, she”s still got, like, family over, remember”“ Stacy reminded her.

“Oh, yeah. Well, I guess you”ll just have to stay here with us tonight, Molly.” The sentence was sincere enough, but the tone in Leah”s voice sounded threatening.

“But, my family, you could take me to them.” Molly offered.

“No way! What if we get blamed for this!” Leah remarked.

“You won”t! I”ll tell them what happened. I swear!” Molly thought for a moment about her family. She imagined the look on her younger sister”s face upon seeing her shrunken sibling. They had a good relationship, but the embarrassment would be overwhelming. She thought about her Mother and Father, and how they might react, and wondered if she”d be better off coaxing the girls into finding a way to get Allison to make her normal again.

“Hold on a sec.” Leah rose and dropped her palm over Molly like a ceiling. The tiny creature covered her head with her arms to protect herself. Leah”s cool skin pressed down on her, and soon she could feel a small army of fingers clutching around her. Leah dropped Molly back into the drawer.

“Leah, no! Please!” She begged.

“We girls need to have a conference, be right back.”

“No, don”t go, wait!” Before the drawer was sealed, Molly gave one last, desperate look to Tara, the one who had been most sympathetic to her. “Tara, don”t let her, please!” Again, she was shrouded in darkness.









Arrangements had been made for Tara and Stacy to spend the night. The girls had pushed the coffee table in the living room up against the sofa and spread out a few, open sleeping bags. Some folded blankets were stacked on a chair nearby, and pillows were scattered around on the floor. This was the usual ritual at Leah”s house when it came to sleepovers.

When Leah”s mother retired for the evening, Tara went back to retrieve Molly. She delicately opened the drawer and placed her palm near the tiny girl so that she could crawl onto it. With her fingers cupped around her, Tara carried her downstairs to the living room.

Everything seemed normal enough: four girls sprawled out on the floor, gossiping, bantering, laughing, except for one, a tiny one. The three normal-sized girls were lounging on the sleeping bags. Molly had been placed in the middle of the three. She sat with her knees pulled up to her chin, trembling, trying to comprehend the situation.

“Do you like this color”“ The question was intended for the entire group. Leah was on her belly painting her fingernails. She was to the right of Molly, facing her.

“It”s okay.” Stacy answered. She was to Molly”s left, sitting Indian style.

Leah squinted and gave her tiny guest a tight lipped smile. She extended her fingers toward her. “What about you, Molly”“

Molly gave her a nervous smile and nodded. The smell of the polish overwhelmed her and she sneezed.

“Bless you,” Tara said, smiling down on her.

Molly was facing Tara, who”s back rested against the living room wall. Her knees were pulled up in front of her, like Molly”s. She had on a black pair of pajama bottoms and a black tee-shirt. Her feet were bare and touching each other at the arches. Every now and then she”d raise her toes and the movement of them would draw Molly”s attention. Molly thought they were so pretty; they were nicely spaced and painted dark red, making Tara”s milky skin look even whiter, like china. Molly glanced at her own feet and mimicked Tara”s motion. Her feet were pretty as well, and she wished they were big enough for Tara to notice.

Molly arched her neck and allowed her gaze to climb the steep slope of Tara”s shins. Tara had her hands resting on her knees. Every now and then, she would glance down at Molly and flash a curious, reassuring smile. Her toes would wriggle when she did this.

A sudden movement to the left frightened Molly. Stacey was standing up.

“You guys, like, want anything”“ Stacey pulled at the thighs of her red pajamas.

“Nope, I”m good.” Tara answered.

“Get me a Diet Coke, okay”“ Leah requested.

Stacey looked down on Molly. “You okay”“

Molly nodded. Stacey looking down on her like a skyscraper made her feel self conscious.

“All right then. Be right back.” Stacey took a step and her left foot sank into the sleeping bag directly in front of Molly. The shrunken girl crawled backwards a few inches as the heel of Stacey”s foot made a crater in the comforter. When her sole came down, it sent little ripples across the blanket that Molly could not see, but she felt them. Then the foot bent forward on its toes and left a brief print in the sleeping bag that flattened itself out into a smooth surface again.

“Careful!” Tara warned Stacey.

Stacey stopped, turned around, and looked down at Molly. “Oops. Sorry.”

“She”s fine.” Leah rolled her eyes.

The way Molly winced as Stacey passed her made Leah feel excited and deviously playful.

Tara did not want to admit it, but it aroused her as well. She stretched her arms behind her and arched her back while she straightened out her right leg in front of her and flexed her foot right in front of Molly.

Molly sprung to her feet and took a few steps back. Tara, pretending not to realize what she had done, cocked her head to the left so that she could see the stunned Molly before her foot. “Sorry.” She smiled.

Leah wanted to get in on the act now. “Maybe this isn”t the best place for you to be, Molly. Come over here.” She held out her right palm in front of Molly, making sure not to touch her hand against the sleeping bag so that her nail polish would not smear.

Molly approached the pinky side of the palm, placed her hands on it, and hoisted herself up onto it, crawling to its center.

“Good girl.” Leah teased. She lifted Molly from the floor and placed her on the coffee table between a bowl of potato chips and cheese curls. “There. That better”“

Molly shrugged. Nothing could make the situation better.

Stacey came back into the room and sat on the floor. She placed two glasses of soda on the table that Molly was standing on. She also had a bottle cap with her that she put in front of Molly. “This is for you, in case you wanted some too. I didn”t want you to feel left out. I mean, I know you”re, like, tiny and all, but, still.”

Tara smiled and slid over toward the table. “That was really nice, Stace.”

“Thank you.” Stacey nodded.

“Hey, Mol,” Leah addressed her, “want some chips too”“

Molly shook her head no.

“C”mon, Mol, join the party.”

Molly felt nervous and backed up a little. “No, really, I”m fine, thanks.”

“You on a diet” You only way like three ounces or something.” Leah smiled.

Molly stomped one of her tiny feet on the table. “I said no!”

“Oh, really, you said no, eh”“ Leah sat up, leaned in, and moved her right hand toward Molly.

“Leah, no, leave me alone!”

As Leah”s thumb and finger came at her, Molly swatted at them to no avail. The two digits lightly clamped against Molly”s hips and lifted her from the table. Molly pushed at them, trying to wriggle out of them. “Leah, no, stop it!”

“Awe, come on Leah, let her go.” Tara tried to defend her, but she was secretly amused.

Molly could see Stacey smiling, trying not to laugh. Suddenly, she was being held over the bowl.

“Leah, stop, please, this isn”t funny, knock it off.” Molly pleaded.

“Whoops!” Tara said as she released Molly from her grip.

Molly”s feet crashed through a few thin chips, then she fell backwards, smashing though a few more. The tiny fragments covered her torso, and when she struggled to stand, more chips would shatter, burying her. Her eyes started to sting from the salt and she could feel the grease weighing down her delicate limbs. Looking up, she saw three faces peering down at her.

Leah had her hands clapped together and was laughing hysterically. Stacey was silent but her teeth were showing. Tara looked at her with puppy dog eyes, as if the moment were cute but not funny.

“Get me out, now!” Molly screamed.

“Ooh, what are you gonna do Molly, huh”“ Leah mocked her.

Molly”s bottom lip started to quiver. She knew she had been defeated. She stopped struggling and let the chips around her support her.

“Come on Leah, let her out, you”re upsetting her.” Tara coaxed.

Leah dipped her fingers into the other bowl and retrieved a cheese curl. She held it over Molly.

Molly reached for it, locked her hands around it and pulled herself up. As she did, Leah lifted her out of the bowl.

Molly”s legs kicked furiously. “I”m, I”m gonna fall, help!”

“Don”t worry, I”ll catch ya.” Leah tilted her head back and held the cheese curl over her face with her mouth wide open.

“No!” Molly screamed. Being tortured at the hands of Leah was one thing, but being dropped into her mouth would be too much for her to withstand. She continued to kick in an attempt to wrap her legs around the curl. Leah lowered the struggling girl toward her mouth.

Molly had a look of terror on her face. She watched in horror as Leah”s mouth opened wider. She could make out a gleaming set of teeth that could crush her bones instantly. A ferocious tongue flickered back and forth against the pallet and the bottom of the mouth. Molly tried to fathom being swallowed alive. She wondered if it would hurt less that being ground to bits between Leah”s teeth.

“You can”t! You can”t, Leah, please, don”t do this to me! I never did anything to you to deserve this, please!”

Just as she was about to lose her grip, Tara”s palm appeared under her and rose to scoop her away. Molly fell back onto it, quivering and exhausted. She was covered in a thin crust of potato chips and orange powder from the cheese curl. “Please make her stop, Tara, please.” She was crying.

“Shhh, it”s alright now Molly. It”s okay. I got you.”

Leah was laughing her head off. “Did you see her face” That was great! Man, I could have actually eaten her!”

“Stop it, Leah!” Tara snapped.

“Oh, what do you care anyway” I was just having some fun.”

“She didn”t hurt her, Tara,” Stacey chimed in.

“That”s not the point. Look at her. She”s terrified. How”d you like to be that tiny” What if Molly was gonna eat you”“

Leah laughed. “Yeah, right. I don”t have enemies that would do that to me.” She said, referring to Molly”s shrunken state.

Tara shook her head. “Come on Molly, we”ll get you cleaned up.”

Tara took Molly to the kitchen and placed her on the counter over a napkin. “Let”s get those clothes off of you.”

Molly willing slid the cheer leader”s sweater off her torso. Bits of potato chips fell from it onto the napkin. She shimmied out of the skirt as well.

Tara had gone to fetch another napkin. Leah came into the room and stood in front of the counter, staring at Molly.

The tiny girl stood shivering with her arms covering her breasts. She was still crying.

“You”re okay.” Leah reassured her. “I was just having some fun, nothing personal.”

Tara shoved Leah aside. “Leave her alone.”

“I apologized!”

“Whatever.” Tara gently ran the napkin over Molly”s tiny body. “Awe, it”s all in her hair and every thing.” She pointed to the uniform Allison had dressed Molly in. “We”re gonna have to wash those out.”

“Okay.” Leah agreed. “Hey, I think I have something she could put on!”








Leah had taken a sweater from a doll bigger than Molly and cut the sleeves short. The sweater came down to Molly”s knees and she wore it like a night shirt. She was still quivering from the episode in the chip bowl. For the rest of the night, Molly said nothing. She stretched her body out on top of Tara”s thigh and buried her face into Tara”s pajamas until the girls were ready to call it a night. Molly was placed on a pillow of her own between the heads of Tara and Leah. At one point in the night, Molly tip toed across her pillow toward Tara, who was asleep on her back, and placed herself on top of Tara”s blonde hair. She wrapped some of it around her and nuzzled into the giant girl”s warm neck. She comforted herself by telling herself she had found at least on friend to trust.