- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lizzy flies back in an attempt to settle the score

 

+++

 

 

Nathan paddled his boat swiftly toward the spot where he saw an object splashing in the lake.

He had been out this morning for a time of leisure and fishing, a thing Nathan always did on Sunday to escape the mindless babbling of his deep in the throes of dementia suffering wife.

Lying in his boat, as he waited for the fish to bite, he was faintly aware that he dozed off in slumber when a loud explosion in the distance leaped him straight up. Two more explosions followed, echoing loudly through the air, coming from the city on the horizon.

At first, he was under the assumption that it was a gas explosion near the industrial area. Something that occurred a few years ago and laid waste to several blocks of industrial property. Then he saw several dark plumes of smoke swirling up in the air above the central business district.

Nathan had a certain conviction that his mind was playing tricks on him, for he could have sworn that it was a person he saw hurling through the sky before it splashed in the water. It did not make sense at all.

Bobbing at the spot, Nathan clattered his paddles back in the boat, leaned over the side, and peered through the water. The lake's crystalline water gave him a good sight.

"What are you?" he said, as his gaze found a rippling silhouette sinking deeper and deeper in the water. He gasped when two lambent white eyes appeared out of nowhere, seemingly looking at him from the depth.

He shrieked as he hurled through the air, splashing in the water, when something crashed its way through his boat, shattering it to kindling.

Nathan coughed up some water after he found his way to the surface again. He gawked up in awe as his eyes fell onto the brilliant sight of a young woman floating several feet above the water, rippling little waves in a small, circular radius.

She could not have been older than his grandson, who was a freshman in college. Nathan felt like a dirty old man as his eyes clasped to the girl's body's most feminine parts, lingering at her curvy bosom and juicy bottom. He felt caught as her radiant eyes zeroed in on him while he drooled all over her appearance like a leaky faucet.

+++

Lizzy's teeth gritted harder than a sand mill operating at full capacity as her hand dabbed her pounding cheek.

Not even in the distant past of her childhood could Lizzy remember receiving such a tremendous whoop-ass. And she had fought a lot, mostly against girls and some boys even who were older than her. Lizzy knew how victory tasted, but she also knew darn well how it felt when your head got smashed against a locker under the roars of a thrill-seeking crowd. Such a demise would never occur. At least, that was Lizzy's conviction after her godlike ascension. The world was hers now.

Swaggering smug. Lizzy thought as her mind lingered on the image of that insufferable wench that appeared out of nowhere, defying the might of her powers.

She gazed at the city stretched out on the horizon as she clenched her fists with voracious intensity.

"Still there, are you? The last mistake you ever make."

Nathan could not hear his own cries of pain when Lizzy blasted off at hypersonic speed and blew up his eardrums.

It was easy for Lizzy to localize her opponent in the vast city. She could sense her presence, something Lizzy could do with anybody as long as she had a mental image of the person in her head.

She had done it a few times before while searching for people that had wronged her in the past. An inner compass showed her the way as long as her concentration was focused on it, feeling like an invisible string reeling her in, becoming firmer the nearer she got. The life force Lizzy sensed of this woman burned significantly brighter than that of a mere mortal.

Lizzy swooshed directly through the top floor of an office tower, shattering walls and windows alike, and dove down in a straight line as she was nearing her opponent. She sensed the woman's life force burning brilliantly behind a wrecked school bus. Lizzy decided to fly straight through it to treat her to the surprise of a lifetime. She poised the fist of her good hand, ready to strike.

The big smirk on Lizzy's face churned into a flaring gaze of shock as something dove in from the side, body-checking her with full force through a three-storied warehouse. Her body crashed through several walls, rolled and scraped over concrete, before it grinds to a halt on the road two blocks away from where she was hit.

Lizzy shook her head and looked up as a figure emerged from the swirling dust, hovering her way.

"There she is." Lizzy clapped her clothes clean and stood up to face the woman who caught her off guard again.

"Did you actually expect you were the only one?" the woman landed deftly on the ground and sashayed up to her, casually using her index-finger to flick a car that was blocking her path. It flung off into the sky until it plunged on top of a petrol station four blocks away, igniting a positively huge explosion.

God! Why is she so beautiful when she's acting all mighty? Lizzy pondered with deep envy.

Lizzy saw her stunning brown eyes flashing with annoyance as behavior in the crowded street rose to screeching godzilla-like panic.

"You!" the woman reached her hand out to clench a man's throat who was about to run away from her. "How am I suppose to have a decent conversation here with all this godforsaken racket!" she spat in his face.

Even in rage she's still hotter than a bucket of molten metal. Lizzy thought. Would that also apply to me?

"Speak, you lackwit!" with her hand gripped around his throat, she shook the guy like a ragdoll as his body dangled from her vice-like grip. His face was coloring while he coiled and gagged. His fingers pried in vain for some highly needed oxygen.

Lizzy's face churned into a sourly grimace as she watched the spectacle with feelings of vicarious embarrassment. "I think you should… I don't know, maybe loosen your grip a bit?" she said with a sheepish grin, gesturing her own throat. "Its hard to speak like that."

"Who asked you!" the woman fumed

Lizzy flinched, raising her brows in a disarming manner.

A flick of her wrist was enough to hurl him off into space. "Useless, I'm telling you. All of them." The woman appeared even more vexed now as throngs of people teemed about in the streets, running everywhere and nowhere like headless chickens. "You're all grounded, you hear me!"

Lizzy covered her ears as the woman's voice suddenly sounded amplified, exceeding a high number of decibels so that it could be heard throughout the entire city.

SMASH!!!!

Even Lizzy had trouble keeping her footing when the woman stomped her boot on the ground, creating a small earthquake, jittering every single citizen on his ass.

Lizzy cocked a brow as she saw the woman pulling off one of her boots.

"I hereby sentence you all to a lifelong servitude of my boot, starting now." She waved her hand and screams erupted as every single being of the city was vacuumed toward the woman's boot. They all flailed helplessly in the air as an unknown force drew them toward the stunning young woman who was waiting there with a sly smirk on her face. People clung to everything that was in reach, scratching nails, but all was useless. Her power was too great.

She picked her boot up and held it above her head as thousands upon thousands of screeching citizens traveled through an involuntary flight toward it, shrinking rapidly the nearer they came.

"Blessed is what you all are, trust me."

They all shrunk down to microbe size and vanished through the dark shaft, guzzled up by the boot like a vacuum cleaner.

"There." The woman said as the last citizen traveled his way toward his final destination. He joined the rest of his fellow sufferers as he landed on a planet-sized sweaty sole where he was forced to live as a microbe of burden in a measly attempt to please the young superwoman who was now his Goddess.

"Like, wow! That was like… no, forget about it, I have absolutely no idea what the hell that was what you just did." Lizzy sniggered as she watched the woman putting her boot back on.

When the woman was done, she aimed her sight at Lizzy again and placed her hands on her hips, "You hear that? Nothing. I love it. Just love it! Now we can talk."

Chapter End Notes:

Early access to this, and other exclusive stories on my patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/glaazius

 

Thx for reading. Please let me hear your thoughts!