- Text Size +

They drove for hours, into surrounding suburbs and around the city, while they worked out the details for the school dance. Jason convinced Clyde to help him with the job, before they moved on to bigger things and they went over all the ways the plan could fail, before coming up with solutions for each problem. They were just about to head back to Clyde's, when Clyde got another text.


[Come to Mertle's]


"Steve wants us to go to Mertle's." Clyde said, hanging a left and heading in the direction.


"He must have the video done!" Jason rationalized, not giving it further thought.


They pulled up, and Steve was waiting at the front door. Immediately they notice that his face was scratched up and puffy red. He was also wearing loose fitting clothes, which was uncharacteristic of him.

"Dude, what the fuck happened to you? You look like utter shit!" Clyde blurted out, not giving any consideration to Steve's feelings.

"Fuck off Clyde!" Was all Steve said as he let them in and walked through the dark isles and into the back. Immediately they were hit with a horrible smell.


"What the fuck is that smell!" Clyde asked, covering his nose.

"Please just stop talking!" Steve said, coldly.

They rounded the corner and right away it was clear what the smell was. There, caked in thick white pastey grease from head to toe, was Malcolm. The floor was covered in the same and there was a trail leading to the back walk-in door.

"Dude, tell us what the fuck happened here!" Clyde shouted, worry in his voice.

"What do you think happened here? Emily fucking happened here!" Malcolm managed to say, having cleared enough of the shit away from his face to speak.

"How! I mean, what the fuck is that stuff?

Steve had picked up a hose that the store used to rinse of crates of produce and began to hose Malcolm down.

"We had just closed. I was going through the normal shit, locking the doors and sweeping. My sister and brother were gone already and I thought I heard someone still in the store. Next thing I know, Emily and all the girls who we dropped the bomb on had me cornered. They fucking dragged me outside, and took me to the industrial grease trap for the deli on the side of the building. . . . "

"They fucking dunked you in that nasty ass shit pit?" Clyde asked, struggling to hold back a laugh.

"You're such a piece of shit, Clyde. You honestly don't feel like any of this might just be your fault?" Steve asked, as he finished with the hose, hanging it back up.

"How is it my fault? Emily isn't MY sister. I didn't FORCE you guys to do anything. . . . She had her goons jump me and publicly sit on my face! My reputation is fucked! We are in this together, and you knew the risk when you agreed to help us!" Clyde said, defending himself.

"And a lot of good helping you fuckers did us!" Malcolm said, pulling off his soaked greasy shirt. "She closed the fucking lid on me dude!  It latched and a homeless guy had to hop the fence and pull me out!"

"Believe me, I know how much of a bitch she can be, but that is why we need your help. To end her reign of terror!" Jason proclaimed, trying to rally his friends.

"That's the thing!. . Yes she is a bit of a bully to everyone, but her so called "reign of terror" only seems to effect YOU and everybody who makes the mistake of getting involved with You! My older sister is a complete bitch too, but you don't see me dragging anyone else into it! Sure emily shoves me against the lockers pretty much daily, but it was nothing compared to what they did today!" Steve said, getting what seemed like a previously thought out argument off his chest.

"How can we feel sorry for you, when you still haven't told us what they did to you!? Clyde shouted, throwing his hands up.

"I'll fucking show you if you shut up!" Steve snapped back, further raising the tension.

He pulled out his lap top from a bag he had on the floor and loaded up his video.


"Alright, so I was behind the school after class, helping Megan film some b-roll for that stupid fucking nature project in simmons' class." Steve explained as the video finished loading. " I was minding my own business, when Emily and about 6 of her friends came bursting out of the school."

As he said this, the drone view appeared on the screen as below, Emily and her friends gave chase to Steve. He immediately bailed on Megan and sprinted for the trees. As soon as he got to the woods, the screen switched to the go pro Steve had in his hand. He kept it on his face as trees and sky passed behind him. He had a worried look on his face, but they could also tell he was looking forward to editing the footage later.

"So I ran into the woods behind the building, hoping I could lose them. . . . I don't honestly know if they fucked with Megan or not. She hasn't answered my texts, but I don't know if it's because she's mad or what."

The footage switched back to the drone, showing Steve ducking under branches and hopping fallen logs. Further behind him, the girls could be seen working to flank him. In the center, Emily's easily recognizable blonde hair.

"So at this point, I knew I couldn't outrun them, so I hid in an old log." Steve said as the footage became his face inside a musty old log.

"With my shitty luck, one of her friends happened to spot me, so I ran out into the clearing, but they had me surrounded. I knew myself and my go pro were toast, but I prayed the drone had enough battery to stay up until after they left. . . . .of course it didn't."

Steve did a 360 with go pro, showing the viewer that he was indeed surrounded as the girls closed in on him like a pride of lions. He made an effort to fight them off, trying to shove them away, but eventually they wrestled the go pro from his hands and subdued him. A girls face appeared on the screen, as she looked over the go pro. She then turned it around and began to film her friends.

2 of the taller girls had Steve by the arms and were holding him in place. Steve, having the classic skinny nerd body, looked like a twig by comparison and it showed as he wasn't able to even give them a workout with his struggles. The drone hovered above the clearing, taking in the action as Emily took Steve's back pack from him.

She unzipped it, and dumped it out carelessly on to the ground. Loose papers blew away in the wind and smaller items scattered. The girl with the go pro got a close up of Steve's face as he saw his homework blowing into the trees. At this point, they hadn't hurt him physically, but as someone who took pride in his work, he already looked defeated.

Emily bent down and sifted through the contents on the ground. After a minute, she found what she was looking for. The camera girl showed emily holding 3 thumb drives. She tucked them into her pocket before turning her attention to Steve.

She stood in front of him as the other girls restrained him. She just studied his face for a moment before, without warning, she punched him in the stomach like something out of a movie.

Steve doubled over, but the girls held him up. Every guy watching the video cringed as they watched Emily bring her leg back and deliver a nut busting kick to his groin. Steve's feet actually lifted off the ground briefly before they let him crumble on the ground. Apparently this was a pack sign, because as soon as he hit the deck, the rest of the girls joined in and the usual array of torments began.

The girl had set the camera down to join in, and the boys watched as he was pinned down, gut punched, loogied, scratched, stepped on etc. The icing on the cake was when a girl appeared from off camera holding a branch with her sleeve so as to not touch her bare hand. Jason recognized it immediately.

"Is that fucking poison ivy?" He said aloud.

Steve said nothing, and just continued to watch as they roughly pulled off his shirt and jeans, leaving him in only his boxers. His efforts magnified now, but they easily sat on him, pinning him down. The girl knelt beside him, and in slow motion, she began to rub Steve down from head to toe with the leaves. His screams could be heard but another girl put her hands over his mouth, Muffling his cries.

20 minutes later, she finally finished. She threw the branch aside they all stood up. Emily appeared in front of the camera and picked it up. A second later, it was placed facing the sky, the drone visible still hovering. She looked down into the camera for a second and mouthed something. Jason was sure she had said "you're next" with her lips. Then, all of a sudden, the sole of her shoe flashed before the camera went black.

Steve had edited it so that the screen stayed black for a few seconds, before it returned as if an old tv had been turned on, the drone taking over. It became hard to see, but it looked like the girls were about to walk away, leaving Steve in a heap on the ground, when the drone began to lower itself to the ground.

Emily and her friends stopped dead in their tracks and turned around. Steve noticed the drone and the girls at the same time. He sprung awkwardly to his feet and tried to get to the drone, but was tackled hard from behind, before a red haired girl got to the drone just as it landed.

From there, the view was only the grass below the drone but the audio still came through. Someone had picked it up and was walking back in Steve's direction. He could be heard begging them not to break it.

Soon Steve could be seen, laying on his stomach with the biggest girl of the group, effectively schoolgirl pinning his head shoulders and torso, dwarfing him and keeping him flat on the ground. The camera was turned up and Emily's haunting smile graced the screen. She just stared for a bit, and Jason became uncomfortable, as though his sister could somehow see him through the camera.

All of a sudden, the drone hit the ground, as Emily smashed it down. Steve let out a cry of anger, but his rage wasn't enough to free him from his Amazonian captress. Amongst his squirming, giggles at his futile efforts could be heard.

As they watched, the camera was roughly shaken and the sound of cracking plastic could be hear. A piece of a rotor fell on screen.

Another crunch. More pieces.

Another crunch. This time, the mounting for the camera snapped, leaving it to dangle by the wires and giving a view of Emily above. She lifted her foot high and brought it down, breaking a rotor arm clean off. She stepped on the blade, easily snapping it, and twisting her foot, buried the electric motor in the dirt.

At that point, Steve gently closed his computer.

"You get the point." He said quietly, looking down.

"Wasn't that drone supposed to be pretty much indestructible?" Clyde asked, in disbelief.

"Yeah well, I guess not when a big, blonde gorilla decides to crush it." Steve answered, obviously upset. He put his computer back in his bag, and scratched at his rashes.

"Steve man, I. . . I'm so sorry." Jason offered. He knew how hard his friend had worked to save up for the drone and how proud he was if it. It was the top of the line, professional model and it had taken him two years to get the money for it.

"It's too late for that now, isn't it?. . . . I don't blame you though. I really should have known better than to get involved with you and Clyde in any capacity."

"Woah! What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Clyde spoke up, a pissed off look on his face.

"It means bad juju follows you." Malcolm said flatly.

"It's not my fault Emily is fucking crazy!" Jason shouted.

"Of course not. Nothing is ever your fault, is it Jason?" Steve shot back, sharply.

"DUDE!, Both of you guys can fuck off! Even I didn't think she would go on a rampage like this. You don't know what she makes me do to ensure that my friends stay off limits. I can and have to live with whatever she plans to dish out, but don't think I don't care about all of you guys!" Jason said, defending himself.

Steve was silent, deep in thought.

"Well. . . Whatever man! The fact of the matter is, we're done with this bullshit." He said finally. "I don't think either of us will survive another round with her. It felt like she was having FUN this time around."

"You too malcom?" Jason asked, trying to confirm that they were indeed fucked by having no more willing team members to resist his sister.

He only nodded.

"So it's over then? We just let Emily win here?!" Jason said, defeated.

"How is this even about winning and losing? We fucked with her, she fucked with us. How do you know we aren't just "even" Jason? Malcolm rationalized.

"Because! We have the opportunity to stop her once and for all!" Jason shouted.

"And what if it doesn't though? How far is she willing to go to pay us back? Cuz I gotta tell you, Coincidentally. . . stomping my drone into a flattened pile of plastic in the dirt, happens to be the exact amount of punishment it takes to make me back the fuck off!" Steve said coldly.

"I have to agree with Steve, Jason. Your sister said it would be the actual deep fryer the next time!" Malcolm added.

"You REALLY believe she would dip you in a deep fat fryer?" Clyde asked, giving him a look of stupidity.

"I didn't believe in a lot of shit before this week," Malcolm said, making a valid point.

"Ok look you guys, I'll give you the edited video of Emily. You can do whatever with it. That is the most I can do." Steve said, handing Clyde a thumb drive.

"What's. . . What's wrong with it?" Clyde asked, examining it closely.

"It's a new type of thumb drive. Wi-Fi capable. You just have to get close enough to a computer and prompt it. it will upload and play by itself, with no way to stop it. My cousin made it."

"That's pretty fucking sweet!" Jason said, thinking about the possibilities.

"Yeah well, I'm glad you like it, because it's the last thing I'm doing for this little endeavor." Steve said, solemnly. "I'm gonna need it back when you get done, so don't let anything happen to it."

"Alright. . . . . I appreciate this steve." Jason said, sincerely greatful for this last bit of help. He didn't know what would happen at the dance, but they would need all the tricks they could muster to even come close.

10 minutes later, Clyde and Jason left the grocery store and headed back to Clyde's house.

Chapter End Notes:

Emily is systematically crushing the team.  2 down with broken spirits.  Number 3 could be presumed toast.  Everything falling apart.