- Text Size +
"So let me get this straight. . . . You bounced off of Kimmy's tits, then superman punched her right in the mouth?!" Clyde asked, completely pumped.


Jason came to, right as Clyde was asking. He looked around, bewildered. He was in a room he hadnt seen recently, but he recognized it as Kimmy's old basement bedroom. He looked up to see that he was sitting in her palms as she spoke with Clyde.


"Dude. . . What's wrong?" Clyde asked, a worried look on his face.


"What do you mean what's wrong? I just woke up and I'm not where I passed out. "


Clyde and Kimmy exchanged worried glances.


"Umm, Jason? You DID pass out, but you woke up a few minutes later. . . ." Kimmy said, trying to jog his memory.



"Well unless Clyde skipped school, then no, I just woke up now."


"I. . .went to school for the whole day man. I just got home 20 minutes ago, and you were watching tv with Kimmy."


"That can't be right though! The last thing I remember, is running away from you, and having a bunch of memories and flashbacks." Jason explained, looking up at Kimmy.


"That's right. I saw you stumble and barrel face first into the floor. At first I thought you just tripped, but you were convulsing pretty violently. You're body was really hot like you had a high fever. I picked you up, and cooled you down with a damp cloth. After a couple minutes, you woke up, and we hung out all day. . . . You don't remember any of that?" Kimmy asked, in disbelief.

"No. None of it. The first thing I heard was Clyde's last question."

"Jason. . . We had a couple FULL conversations. You DID seem a little off, but you were walking and talking, the same as you are right now." She said, her face changing from worry to panic.

"Dude, you're body has auto-pilot!" Clyde blurted out, excitedly.

"No Clyde, his body shut his mind off to protect him. Like a headless chicken. He was operating completely on instinct or something." Kimmy corrected her brother.

She thought about that for a moment.

"OH MY GOSH! Jason I'm SO sorry! I didn't mean to put you through that! I was just in the moment and you were being such a little brat. If I had known that chasing you would trigger ptsd, I would have been more patient or just let you go all together! I am so SO sorry!" Kimmy gushed, holding Jason to her chest.

"Kimmy, it's not your fault! I was being a complete asshole. . . On purpose. I'm always just an asshole." Jason said, having some kind of inner revelation.

"Its ok. You're safe now Jason. I forgive you and I pray that you forgive me." Kimmy said, rubbing his back with her fingers.

"Holy shit! Can we be done with this feel good crap!?" Clyde interuppted.

"Language Clyde!" Kimmy warned him.

"I'm sorry, but we have shit to do right now!. . Fuck, I mean, we have crap to do right now. "

"Jeez, I'm gone for 2 years, and both of you guys turned into cussing little brats!" Kimmy said, punching Clyde in the arm. "I'm gonna have to beat you up for old times sake, before I go back school!

"I'm 5'8 now, taller than dad too. It's time for payback I think!" Clyde said, only half joking.

"Too bad for you, I grew some more! You're still just as scrawny to me as you ever were!" Kimmy said, laughing.

"What do you mean "You grew"?" Clyde asked, a little choke in his voice. "You've been 5'10 forever!"

"Well now I'm 6'1. And 15 pounds heavier, all of that weight in my butt. So deal with it." Kimmy said, sticking her tongue out.

"I know what you're getting at, but there is physically no way you could wear me down enough to sit on me like you used to." Clyde said, flatly.

"You wanna try me?" Kimmy asked with a smirk, poking him in the chest.

"As much as I would love to take you down, once and for all, I wasn't kidding about having things to do. Maybe if you're lucky, Emily will leave some scraps for you though." Clyde answered, smugly.

"Woah, woah! You two are going to go see Emily? " Kimmy asked, suddenly intrigued.

"Uh, yeah. . . Umm. . Just a quick little visit. " Clyde lied.

"You're such a bad liar! What are you really going to do over there?"

"It doesn't matter, because you're not coming with us." Clyde answered coldly.

"I can help you! Let me talk to her girl to girl."

"No offence to your "girl to girl", but Emily is on a war path right now. There isn't any talking her out of it. She has crushed people's spirits already and isn't going to stop until she buries us."

Kimmy felt that she could make a difference with Emily, but she also wanted to let her younger brother handle things on his own as a way of growing up.


"Ok fine! Go do what you need to do. I'll be around to patch you up when the bully kicks dirt in your face. " Kimmy said, slightly deflated.


"Hey, thanks for that!" Clyde said sarcastically, grabbing Jason and walking upstairs.


He walked to his room and closed the door. Setting Jason on his desk, he sat in his chair and took a deep breath.


"So what's the plan? Which option are we going to try?"


"I think turning myself in is all I can do. . . " Jason said quietly.


"There isn't any talking you out of it?" Clyde asked hopefully.



"I only got about 20 minutes of undisturbed sleep last night, so a master plan didn't exactly jump out at me."


"Damn dude. . . . As long as you're sure I guess."


"Of course I'm not sure. I'd love to take a chunk out of Emily's empire, but if it means getting you and Rachel squeezed, then I'm not going to do it." Jason explained.


"I appreciate it man. So are you ready now or do you want some time?"


"Let's just get it over with. No point prolonging it." Jason said, putting his head down.


Just then, Clyde's phone rang.


"Please don't be Emily. Please don't be Emily!" Clyde chanted, taking it out.


[Rachel]


He put it on speaker.

"Hello?" He answered.


"Clyde! Is Jason with you!?" Rachel asked, she sounded excited.


"Yeah, I'm right here." Jason replied.


"Ok, cool! Are you guys busy right now? I have some news."


"Actually, we were just about to-" Clyde began, but Jason gave him a look.


"Uh, no we aren't busy. What's up?" Jason asked.


"Can you two come over to my place, I need to show you something!"


"Is it explainable over the phone?" Jason asked, wearily.


"Ugh! I mean, it is, but I put a lot of work into this!" Rachel complained.


"Jeez, fine! We'll be over. We don't have all day though, so make it quick!" Clyde said, giving in.


"Ok great! Oh, fair warning Jason. . . Kylie is over here, so handle it however you need to. . . . See you guys in a bit! Bye." And with that, she hung up the phone.



"Dude, you Sure this is a good idea?" Clyde asked as they sat outside of Rachel's house.


"No. But it gets my mind off of the task at hand."


"Your mind is what worries me! If you had a 7 hour breakdown over a flashback of Gracie, seeing her and Kylie together might put you down for good Jason."


Clyde made a good point, but Jason felt like this was something he needed to do.


Like deja vu, Clyde knocked on the door, and just the same, Gracie opened the door. She rolled her eyes when she saw who it was. Clyde didn't bother saying anything to her and just walked past her.


"Hey! You can't come in!" Gracie hollered, grabbing the back of his shirt. She tried to plant her feet but her socks couldn't get traction on the hardwood and Clyde was able to pull her along.


"K-Kylie, do something!" Gracie screamed and she was still hanging on.


Kylie, who had been leaning against the wall in the hallway, stepped in front of Clyde. Though she was head and shoulders taller than Gracie, she was still 5 inches shorter than Clyde. Being over at their house all the time, Clyde was no stranger to dealing with Kylie. He knew all of her weaknesses and pet peeves. He had to admit that she had an air of confidence, but she was still no match for him.


Without breaking pace, he snatched Kylie's glasses off of her face, and slid them across the floor behind him, careful not to scratch them.


Kylie immediately gave up the tough guy act, punching Clyde in the arm before chasing after her glasses.


"Clyde! Why did you do that!" Kylie whined at the top of her lungs.


He continued on to Rachel's room, where Gracie released him before her sister could see her. He walked in, and shut the door.


"Hey Clyde." Was all the greeting he got as Rachel's eyes were glued to her computer. He pulled up a stool and took off his baseball cap, revealing Jason.


"Really?" Rachel asked, giving them both the look.


"Hey, we got him in here with no trouble didn't we? Not through lack of trying by security out there." Clyde said laughing.


"What did you do to Kylie anyway? I heard her screaming." Rachel asked, turning back to the screen.

"Haha, I took her glasses." He said, smiling.

"Yeah, that would do it!" Rachel nodded, knowingly.

"So what is this news?" Jason asked as Clyde placed him on the desk so he could see the screen.

"Well I have some interesting news, and some bad news. . . . Which would you like to hear first. . . . Actually. . . It's all kind of Mya related, so I'll start with the bad news!"

"Great! More Mya drama!" Clyde said, oozing sarcasm.

"Well you saw her today. She looked like hell!" Rachel said, defending her actions.

"Good! She deserves it! Did she tell you that she sold us out?" Clyde snapped.

"Yeah. . . More or less." Rachel replied quietly.

"More or less? What does that even mean?" Jason asked, trying not to get upset.

"Can we please not dwell on that? That isn't the most important thing she said. . . . She is blaming you for what Emily did to her!" Rachel reported.

"What did she do?" Jason and Clyde asked together.

"Well, it started off as the usual. . . Pinned down, loogied, gut punched, etc. But then. . . Then a random girl noticed all of Mya's college acceptance letters. I guess she had them framed or something. . . . Anyway, Emily and her friends smashed all of the frames and ripped up all of the letters. . . . . It was literally the worst possible thing they could do to her, and they did it."


"So. . . That's on Emily! Why blame Jason?" Clyde asked, finding fault with Mya's logic.

"I don't really know. It may be because she knows she can't best Emily, so her anger has to go somewhere. . . Pick the next most guilty person?" Rachel rationalized. "I'm just the messenger here, but she said to watch your back Jason."

"Hmm." Was all Jason said, staring off into distance.

"Hmm? That's it? Hmm?" Clyde blurted out. "Mya wants a piece of you now too, and that's all you have to say?"

"Yeah." Jason replied, shortly.

Rachel and Clyde just stared at him.

"Is. . .he ok?" Rachel asked, looking at Clyde.

"What?. . Yeah, yeah. . .he. . . He's fine." Clyde stammered.

Rachel narrowed her eyes and glared at him.

"What!? He's fine! See look!" Clyde said, poking Jason in the shoulder.

Jason swayed back and forth but otherwise didn't respond.

"Jason. . . JASON!" Rachel shouted, snapping her fingers in front of his face. A moment later, he seemed to snap out of it.

"Jason, what was that?" Rachel demanded, using a finger to turn him in her direction. She glared down at him, daring him to lie to her.

"What are you talking about? Weren't you telling us you had some news or something?"

Clyde's heart dropped as Jason basically admitted he had clocked out again, this time without warning or provocation. He was about to intervene, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Rachel called.

The door swung opened, revealing Gracie. She casually strolled in, standing between Clyde and Rachel.

Clyde just looked uncomfortably at her. He was unconsciously leaning away from her. Gracie looked him over before, without warning, she lifted her fist like she was going to punch him. Clyde flinched hard, losing his balance and tumbling off the stool.

Gracie, Rachel, and Kylie, who was standing in the doorway, all broke out laughing as Clyde looked up at them, his pride definitely hurt.

"I think that's a good spot for you!" Gracie stated, pointing down at him.

"Why you little ginger bit-" Clyde began, scrambling up, but Rachel cut him off.

"Easy Clyde. It was just a joke. . . . Gracie, while that WAS funny, you have to respect the fragile male ego." Rachel said, still laughing.

"What's that?" Gracie asked.

"I'll explain later, what do you guys need?" Rachel asked, getting straight to the point.

"We want to hang out with you guys in here." Gracie answered hopefully.

"NO!" Jason and Clyde said together.

"Well too bad you HAVE to let us!" Gracie replied, with her usual brattiness.

"No, you're not staying in here." Rachel said, standing up.

"Fine. . . But then I'm telling dad that you had boys in here!" Gracie countered. Without missing a beat, she held up her phone and took a picture. A second later, Kylie's phone rang with a text alert.

"There! I sent the picture to Melissa too, so if you delete it from my phone, I'll just have her send it again!" Gracie said, smirking.

Rachel looked powerless, as her little sister just effortlessly blackmailed her.

"Ok, fine! You guys can stay! Just sit on the bed and shut up." Rachel said, begrudgingly.

"I want to hold Jason." Gracie said as she and Kylie both sat against the wall.

"No chance Gracie. " Rachel growled as her sister tried to take advantage of her.

"I'll tell dad!" She spat.

Gracie knew that their dad was Rachel's only weakness. She had a deep fear and respect for him and didn't like to betray his trust.

Rachel looked over at Jason helplessly.

"Just for a minute?" She pleaded with Jason.

Jason only took a step back and shook his head no. Meanwhile, Gracie was getting impatient.

"Better hurry up! Before I decide I wanna squash him instead." Gracie said, maliciously.

"Shut up already Gracie!" Clyde shouted at her. He thought it would be enough to shut her down, but to the contrary, she scooted off the bed and stepped up to him. Sitting on the stool, she had some height on him and it helped her to stare him down.

Clyde was just about to stand, when Gracie's hand shot up and slapped him across the face. He once again lost balance and fell back. He landed hard on his back and winced in pain. Clyde shook it off, now raging pissed, and lunged for Gracie, but Rachel got between them.

"Get out of my way Rachel! I'm gonna fucking kill her!" Clyde shouted, trying to grab for Gracie behind her sister.

"Clyde calm down. Go in the corner." Rachel commanded, pushing him towards the far wall.

"Yeah Clyde, go in the corner." Gracie taunted.

Jason had a bad feeling as Gracie turned her attention to him. She seemed a lot bigger than he remembered without Rachel or Clyde between them. She turned and sneered at him. She glanced over her shoulder to Rachel, who was still wrestling with Clyde, before she reached out to grab Jason. He tried to run, but his legs wouldn't move. He could do nothing as her fingers wrapped around him and squeezed in on him, causing his eyes to bug out.

Gracie was about to stuff him in her pocket when Kylie grabbed her wrist. She only shook her head and Gracie knew better than to challenge her. She placed Jason back down and stepped back.

Rachel finally got Clyde calmed down and turned to face her sister.

"Go to your room Gracie, I'll deal with you later! And don't come out until I say so!" Rachel snapped, pointing to the door.

Gracie just sauntered out, a smirk on her face.

Jason stared at Kylie towering over him. He looked her over, still in her usual outfit. It had only been a few days, but it felt like forever since he had seen her.

"Jason. . . Are you ok?" Rachel asked, worried about him since he had spaced out earlier.

"Yeah I. . . . I'm fine. Can you. . . . Can you give us a moment alone please?" He asked cautiously.

"Jason, that is a horrible idea!" Clyde argued.

"I'll be fine. just give me 5 minutes with her." Jason insisted.

"Ok. 5 minutes. That's it!" Rachel said, ushering Clyde out the door. She looked back at Jason, before closing it.

Kylie immediately stuck her palms out, expecting Jason to willingly step into them. She had a big smile on her face as she was incredibly happy to see her brother again. Kylie had never gone more than a day or two without talking to him.

To her surprise, he refused.

"You're not holding me." Jason said, coldly.

"What? Why not?" Kylie asked, her smile being replaced by a scowl.

"Because! I found out you were bullying your classmates!" Jason replied sternly.

Kylie folded her arms and turned her head away.

"Well?" Jason asked, expectantly.

"Well what?" Kylie spat back.

"What do you have to say for yourself!?" Jason shouted at her.

"Nothing. . ." She answered flatly.

"Kylie! How many times have I told you to leave people smaller than you alone?!" He screamed.

"Well Emily said I didn't have to. She said I don't have to listen to anyone smaller than me."

"Emily is-" Jason began, but he noticed Kylie's eyelids twitch slightly and he instantly knew that Emily had given her some type of command to execute if she heard Jason say anything about her.

"Look, you can't just go around doing whatever you want to people!"

"That's what you always do!" Kylie argued.

"Yeah, and you, Emily and Gracie beat me up for it, didn't you?" Jason rationalized, having a revelation at the same time.

"Yes. . . But Emily said it's ok, as long as no one is bigger than me."

"Emily is not a role model Kylie! Think about how YOU feel when she beats you up. It sucks, doesn't it? Then why would you want to make anyone else feel like that?"

"Who told you I was doing that anyway?" Kylie asked, changing the subject.

"That doesn't matter! I have my ways."

"It was Tyler wasn't it?" Kylie guessed, proving she was as smart as ever.

"N-no." Jason lied.

"Oh yeah right! Gracie told me she was over at his house yesterday! He's totally gonna get it on Monday!" Kylie said, punching her palm.

"You're not going to touch him, Kylie!" Jason commanded.

"Whose going to stop me? You?" She asked, poking him in the stomach.

"I'm telling mom when she gets home!" Jason tried, partially ashamed by how much of a little kid he sounded like.

Kylie only laughed at him. "If you tell her, I'll just squash YOU instead."

Jason shuddered as he knew Kylie had realized just how powerless he was against her. She no longer saw him as her big brother, but as a little toy. Just another person smaller than her to bully and force to do what she wanted. Jason feared that innocent Kylie was likely gone forever.

"Well, we'll see." Was the only response he could muster.

Without warning, Kylie's hand rose and Jason was trapped in her fist.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" Jason shouted at her.

"I want to hold you, so that's what I'm doing." Kylie said bluntly.

"No you're not Kylie! Put me down!" Jason squeaked.

"Make me." She replied, before she began to squeeze him. She had him horizontally laying on his stomach in her fingers. She used her thumbs to apply pressure to his ribs and inadvertently his kidneys. The pain was pin point, and deadly effective.

"Emily showed me these cool little drawings of ways to hurt a little guy. There was some really cool things to do with my feet and a couple ways to sit on you I want to try later, when I have more time." She explained proudly.

With that, she continued to knead him for another minute before she gave him one more big squeeze, popping ribs. She placed him back on the desk, before she leaned in on him and spoke.

"If you tell Rachel or Clyde, you're toast when you get home." She threatened, straightening out his shirt and pants. She licked a finger and used the spit to smooth his ruffled hair, just as the door opened and Rachel and Clyde walked back in.

Jason knew that as long as he was small, things would never be the same between them. Emily had completely turned her.