- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The inaugural chapter of Caretaker as written in my opartments office center which is just two computers on a desk you have to sign in to use!

Caretaker Chapter 5: Back on Earth

“Humans are always seen as week and selfish.”

“Very fitting description considering…….”

“They are imitations of gods.”

 

 

                It had been two days since Thomas had went missing. Jenna woke up alone in his bed. She had to say something to him, explain herself, but he hadn’t returned her calls. After walking in on her with Markus he’d just vanished. She decided she wouldn’t leave until he returned, but she was starting to get worried. It wasn’t like him to just disappear. She remembered the look on his face as Markus had held him down. Eyes watered, face red, strained in both pain and shock; it was the look of anguish and heartbreak. She hoped that wouldn’t be the last time she ever saw him. ]

                She got out of bed and started getting dressed for the day. She’d brought some clothing and a few essentials from her apartment in an overnight bag. It was enough for at least a week. Thomas had to come back by then right. As she finished dressing she heard a knock at the door. She jumped up and ran for it.

                “Thomas!” She exclaimed as she yanked open the door fast enough to create a gust of wind. She sighed.

                “Not happy to see me?” Markus cheesed awkwardly.

                “Go away!” Jenna barked. She was tired of his little check in’s over the last two days. He claimed he was just seeing if Thomas had showed up, but Jenna suspected he also wanted to repeat what they had done. Not a chance! Not until she at least cleared the air with Thomas.

                “You need to leave!” She heard in a woman’s voice.

                Jenna pushed Markus aside to see a shorter, older woman behind him. She had womanly curves and the marks of experience on her face. The typical mom look that most young men fantasized about, with her low cut pink blouse and tight yoga pants. Markus’ mom, Bernadette Carter.  

                “You shouldn’t be here!” She chastised. “Thomas won’t want to see either of you when he comes back!”

                “You don’t know that.” Jenna said resolute.

                “You drove him away!” Bernie accused. “And now you have the audacity to keep fucking in his house while he’s gone!”

                “Mom!” Markus turned in shock at his mother’s words.

                “We haven’t-.” Jenna’s face was red.

                “It’s your fault this happened!” Bernie cut off. “You hurt that sweet boy and now he’s god knows where! He could be dead!”

                “We don’t know that mom!” Markus went to embrace her but she slapped him instead.

                “You both should be ashamed of yourselves!” She bellowed. “Be out by the end of the day or I’m calling the cops!” She stormed off down the stairs in a huff.

                Markus rubbed the red mark on his cheek. Bernie had not taken it well when Thomas wasn’t home when she’d gotten off work. She’d apparently convinced his boss to hire him back only for Thomas to be absent for the good news. It was…..awkward explaining what had happened that day.

                “We need to find Thomas.” Markus said.

                “I know.” Jenna said coldly as Markus’ obvious statement.

                “You try calling his mom?”

                “Of course I did!” Jenna snapped! “She hasn’t spoken to him in six months. He’s not there.”

                “Fuck.” Markus cursed. “If he doesn’t show up soon my mom’s gonna kick me out!”

                “Is that all you care about?!” Jenna seethed. “You’re not even worried about Thomas are you!?”

                “He’s a grown ass man!” Markus shot. “He can do what he wants. I don’t see why either of you are so worried about him. He’s just a beta who’s gone off to cry for a bit.”

                “What is wrong with you?!” Jenna gasped. “It’s your fault he’s missing! You could at least act like a human being and show some concern!”

                “My fault!” Markus roared. “You weren’t complaining when it happened!”

                “That’s because you came on to me!” Jenna yelled back in equal intensity. “I got caught up in the moment and you took advantage!”

                “Bullshit I did!” Markus grabbed Jenna by the shoulders and pulled her in close to his face. His eyes were intense. They were dark brown, alluring, alive with passion, she remembered those days, under the hot Afghani sun. Those same eyes. He pressed her lips against hers. Their tongues intertwined in a desperate embrace. She felt his hand on the small of her back, another on her breast. So good! They were meant to be together……NO!

                “Get off me!” She pressed her arms against his hard pectorals and shoved him against the guard rail.

                “Admit it Blossom!” Markus smirked. “You still have feelings for me!”

                “No I don’t.” Jenna rasped. “Whatever we had is over.”

                “Liar.” Markus said.

                “Thomas is a better man than you. Better for me.” Jenna stated.

                “No he’s not!” Markus seethed. He gritted his teeth and Jenna could see the rage. “He’s a nice guy sure, but he’s not right for you.”

                “Like you would know what’s right for me.” Jenna hissed.

                “But I do!” Markus stepped back into her space and looked her square in the eye. “I know exactly what’s right for you. I know who you are, the real you. You’re too much woman for little Tom.”

                “You’re wrong.”

                “I know what you’ve done Jenna. I know what you’re really capable of. You don’t need someone like Thomas. You’d hurt him. You already have.”

                “Stop!” Jenna cried.

                Markus leaned in and grabbed her again, rougher than before.

                “You need a real man!” He breathed into her. “Someone on your level.” He gripped her ass tightly and let his fingers dig into its softness.

                “Stop.” Jenna whined. She tried to break free from his grasp, but he was a built man. Jenna was tall, strong, but still a woman. She couldn’t match a man with four inches on her and almost thirty more pounds of muscle alone.

                “Someone who can control you.” He pressed his groin into her and rubbed his engorged member against her crotch over her jeans. “Someone who won’t burn in your fire.”

                A spark was lit. That cheesy line. He’d used it before. Back in the bunker. Their first time. He lean to kiss her again and…….she bit. Jenna dug her teeth into Markus’ shoulder past the fabric of his cotton shirt. She tasted blood. Delicious! He screamed and tried to jump back, but she held him. She kneed him in the junk, striking right between his balls. He buckled against the frame of the door. He was down on one knee. He struggled, but stood back up.

                Jenna felt the heat of his blood dribble down from her lips. She smiled at him. A sinister toothy grin. She cracked her knuckles and then decked him across the face. Markus fell backward out onto the concrete walkway.

                “Maybe you’re right about me.” Jenna snickered. Then she shut the door in his face.


                He watched as the larger man picked himself up and stumbled away defeated. He’d seen it all from his vantage point across the street. He took a puff of his cigar and nodded to himself.

                “So that’s Jenna Broasoni, huh?” He puffed out a ring of smoke that formed around the door of Thomas’ apartment. He looked through the ring, through the door, down the hall, and through the door of the bathroom. Jenna was wiping some of the blood off her face and shirt. She then disrobed and started the shower.

                He whistled taking in the pleasant view of her nude form. Humans were always nice to look at. So close to divinity in shape and design. They were true masterpieces, when they got off their asses and actually respected the temple they’d been blessed with. She saw a lingering bit of blood on her neck. She wiped it off with her index finger and put it in her mouth. He could hear her let out a small moan.

                “She’ll do.” He said.

 

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter is a little short, but that's because it's supposed ot be like an intermission. 

Sooooo I had a whole annoucenment to make but I'll just say this. More MAJOR/minor is coming! Now onto art

Check out my idea for Outworld here:

https://mrsirk.deviantart.com/art/OutWorld-730764266

Or you could look at a horrible sketch of Rebecca from MAJOR/minor here:

https://mrsirk.deviantart.com/art/Rebecca-Swann-730764907

I drew that in like ten minutes don't judge me!

And finally.....Some fanart for the story that inspired me to write small....here!: 

https://mrsirk.deviantart.com/art/Erica-and-Brittany-730766372

realRS wihere are you?.....These drawings are all horrible and I thank you for indulging in even a passing glance at them. Showing my art makes me more nervous than showing my writing. *sweats*'

See ya around next time.