- Text Size +

Tori awoke to the sound of multiple push notifications coming through on her phone. She considered trying to fall back to sleep, but decided that she might as well get up and start moving for the day. Glancing down at her phone, she grimaced when she saw that the time was only 7:00. 

As she suspected, the notifications were direct messages on instagram - three from the same man. "I hate when I forget to silence my phone," she muttered. She had half a mind to just block the guy right there, but decided to read what he had to say just for an early morning laugh.


"Hey, I just saw you go to the same college as me!"


"You're so sexy! I'm really into brunettes."


"Hey are you there? We should meet up some time, you're just so hot."


Another desperate guy vying for her attention. "They really are like bugs swarming all around me," she thought to herself, "If only they were as easy to get rid of."

She hopped into the shower to begin her morning routine. Washing gently as she prepared for her day, she thought about all the men from the area that try to message her on a daily basis. 

Where did they all come from? Why are they all so persistent? Why did they all think that she would want to meet a stranger from the internet?

She stepped out of the shower and chalked the answers up to desperation. After all, her slender form, choice of tattoos, and style of clothes worked together to give off the "bad bitch" vibe that many men lust after. 
She decided to check profile of the man that had previously messaged her. His social ineptitude had already proven to Tori that he was a loser, but she wanted to dig deeper to have another laugh at his expense.

It was just as she suspected. The handful of pictures that were on his profile were poor-quality selfies. She could gather that he was fat, hardly took care of himself, and had poor taste in style. She thought about taking a screenshot and sending it to her friends and humiliating him together, but decided it was too much effort.

As she was about to close the app, another message popped up at the top of the screen. "Great," she thought, "Here comes another one already." She was surprised to see another girl in the profile picture though, and decided to open it immediately.

"Hey Tori! My name is Payton, and I just transferred to this school. I don't really know anyone here but you look like a badass girl and I think we could get along."

Wary of this being a catfish, she replied, "Hey, welcome to WSU! I'm usually pretty busy but we can maybe talk a little bit on here."

Almost immediately the response was, "Great! First I just wanted to ask you one question though. It might sound a little weird, but what would you do if you looked down at the floor and saw a man that was the size of a bug?"

Tori burst out into laughter at the thought. Wasting no time, she hurriedly typed out her response.

"I would put on the nearest shoe and stomp him into the ground so that I could take a video and send it to all the losers who try to pick me up."

As she waited for a reply from Payton, Tori thought about how much fun it would be to crush the man that had messaged her earlier this morning. "If only the world was that perfect," she lamented as the next message from Payton came through on her phone.