- Text Size +

I circled around the sink, inspecting everything.  Not surprisingly my original conclusion had been correct.  There really was no way out.  The next half hour or so went by slowly as I heard the sounds of people trampling through the house and laughing.  Meanwhile things had gone from too hot to too cool for me.  They were clearly running the AC on high and with no clothes it was giving me the chills.  


A heavy thumping told me that someone was coming over to me.  Even before they came into view I started jumping up and down and waving.  At this point I didn't care who it was.  I just needed get out of here.  Ashley's face appeared once more above me but she didn't look down at all as she reached over and turned on the sink once more.  Fortunately I was already standing against the wall as far from the center and faucet as I could.


She didn't seem to be closing the drain so at least for now I was safe.  I was wondering what she was doing until I saw a sky full of large green orbs.  Grapes.  As the water poured through them splattering across the sink I watched as Ashley went through the process of cleaning them.  She didn't seem to be doing a super thorough job, just making sure to rinse them all and occasionally poking at one or another of them.  


A loud "Oops" was the only warning I got as a mass of green came crashing down against the wall I was pressed against.  I recovered quickly from the surprise.  Running I leapt and started climbing up a piece of vine that was close to where I was.  I was reminded of the story of Jack and the Beanstalk.  I had barely started climbing up it when the pile of grapes started rising.  I heard the crushing cascade of water pouring over the grapes opposite of me as Ashley resumed what she was doing.  

 

I started crawling as fast as I could away from the sound, if I could get to the outside perhaps I could get Ash's attention.  She had been checking some of the grapes earlier after all even if half heartedly.  As I worked my way around one of the grapes I saw one of Ashley's fingers not too far from my position.  I moved as quickly as I could towards it but as I did so the sound of rushing water was my only warning before I was hit with horrific force.  I went sliding and lost track of where I was until the water was pressing me against something.  Luckily whatever it was seemed to be holding me in place and as quickly as it started the pressure of the water ended.  

 

This was followed by the sound of Ashley turning off the sink and I sighed in relief that the ordeal was over.  Everything started shaking a bit and I looked around to see what had saved me.  I still seemed to be on the vine.  But behind me was a wall of flesh.  I was pressed against Ash's finger at one of the points she was holding the grapes from.  Looking over the edge of the vine I could see the ground moving swiftly as Ash took the grapes to wherever she meant for them to be.


I started pounding on it, hoping she would notice me but either she didn't feel me at all or just assumed that whatever she was feeling was from the grapes.  She then came to a stop and the world lurched as the grapes started lowering.  Suddenly the slow lowering became a swifter fall as Ashley let go of them and I lost my grip as they hit the bottom.  Sliding off the vine I fell a few feet until I landed on a transparent floor that seemed to be made of glass.  


Picking myself back up and I started moving to the edge until I realized I was in some sort of divided bowl.  I could see the blue of Ash's skirt through a clear wall and off to the other side behind another wall were gargantuan cherries.  I started to head towards the other side to see what else there was but then everything started shaking as the entire bowl was lifted up.  Due to how Ash was pressing it closely to her body the only thing I saw when I looked up was the black fabric of her shirt as her chest hid her head.  


The chill of the house quickly became the warmth of the outdoors as Ash brought the bowl out and deposited it on a table.   Clearly this was where the snacks were being kept as right besides me I could see massive chocolate chip cookies on a silver dish.
As Ash lumbered away leaving me alone I figured that all in all things were looking up.  I just needed to stay hidden initially until some of the grapes were taken.  Then when there were open spaces but still grapes I could chose a spot between them and get someone's attention.  If nothing else Ash would be looking more closely at this at the end of the night anyways.  Satisfied I settled in and waited.


And the first person to wander up was very familiar indeed as I saw the incoming Batman logo.  Damn.  I was out of position.  Still I had to try.  I started climbing up one of the nearest vines as Sam approached the bowl.  If she just noticed my movement she'd certainly look closer.  Having to deal with me meant that she tended to look closely when she saw something small rather than just ignoring it or swatting at it.  


As I continued climbing I watched as she went in front of the cookie plate and reached in and grabbed a cookie.  Shit.  She wasn't coming here?  Then she turned to the bowl I was in and I felt a wave of relief.  But I needed to hurry.  I kept climbing, getting to the top of a grape.  Yes!  I started waving up at Sam....and realized she wasn't looking in my direction at all as her arm went over me and reached into the part of the bowl containing cherries.  Her hand wrapping around them, she didn't even look into the grape section as she turned away, carrying a clump of cherries with her. 


I stopped waving then and sat down, irritated.  So damned close.  I would catch my breath and then go back to my original plan.  As I calmed myself darkness covered me and looking up I watched as  another giantess hand descended, wrapping around the vine and grapes I was on.  I felt myself rising and gripped onto the part of the grape I was holding onto as tightly as I could as I heard a ripping sound, the sound of the vine tearing as whoever was holding it took what they wanted.  The whole thing came crashing down and once more I found myself falling until I hit a pink floor with giant yellow stars on it.  The ground tilted and I went sliding until I slid out of grapes and out into the open, continuing to slide until I hit the edge of the plate where it curved upwards slightly.  


Finally no longer moving I looked up and got a glimpse of the latest person to dominate my existence.  And a bit of hope.  This was someone else who knew the truth.  A bright pink tube top surrounded her upper body and I only caught a small glimpse of red hair although I knew her natural color was blond.  Not that you saw it that color often as she enjoyed dying it.  But it was my sister, Brenda.  


Staying pressed against the curve I waited as Brenda put a few other items on her plate.  A a few pieces of cheese followed by a few crackers.  A massive piece of a cantalope that blocked my view of anything opposite of it.  One of the cookies I'd seen earlier.  A small pile of potato chips crashed down not too far from where I was sitting.   She was really piling the plate up.  


A shadow appeared over me again and I watched as a clumb of white came slamming down on me, burying me under it.  Fortunately I had instinctively held my breath as I saw it and I started pushing against it.  It was almost liquidy but more solid than pure liquid would be.  As it filled my nose I got the whiff of onion which told me I was trapped in a pile of onion dip.  I struggled through it as fast as I could.  I had no idea what direction I was going in as I couldn't see a thing and with it pressing against me I wasn't even sure whether I was going up or sideways.  


The breath I'd held was about to give out when I felt something slide under me and was pushed sideways.  My head popped out of the dip and I found myself looking at a wall of pink.  Above me I heard Brenda's voice.  "Well, you know how children are.  Right now it's Sponge Bob.  A few months from now it might be Batman."   With this I started rising into the air once more.  Tugging hard I pulled myself the rest of the way out and looked down below.  No choice, I'd have to risk it as it was better than where the chip was going.  


Jumping off, I aimed as best I could at the pile of dip.  Fortunately my guess was good and I landed with what to me sounded like a loud splat, the good kind of landing in something as opposed to being a stain from the sudden stop against the floor.  As Brenda continued gabbing away I worked my way out of the dip and looked across the table.  I could see Melanie in the distance and looking to the side I could see one of the two Lucys that were attending the party.  The one that was my sister's friend in this case.  I realized I was at that first table I'd chosen to bypass earlier and clearly the mystery person I hadn't spotted behind Melanie and Lucy was Brenda.  


Brenda's hand reached down and pulled up the cantalope and I decided this was my best chance to be noticed.  I ran towards the center of the plate, now mostly clear of food and started waving my hands and jumping up and down.  While she certainly couldn't hear me, with nothing around me I'd still be big enough to see.  And I didn't look like an ant despite being that size so that should get her to look closer and then everything would finally be alright.  


"Mind if I have one of your crackers?"  Melanie's voice.  Quickly followed by Brenda's "Go ahead."  The ground under me shook violently as Melanie's hand grasped the plate and drug it over to her side of the table, sending me sprawling and sliding backwards until I was only a few feet from the pile of dip once more.  I waited while Melanie grabbed a cracker and a piece of cheese.  Plenty of time to get Brenda's attention after.  


"I'm taking a chip as well."  That was my only warning as I heard something thunk into the dip behind me and the sound of scraping that got closer and then slammed into me before I even had a chance to respond.  Feet to me.  Centimeters to the titans above.  I was stuck to dip once more and rising quickly to an open mouth, this time one that wasn't pausing to talk.  I struggled to pull out of the dip felt an arm and leg come free.  But before I could pull anything else out I passed between the cave opening that was Melanie's mouth and saw the massive white boulders above me.  Fortunately being at the far front, they weren't anywhere near me as they came crashing down, crushing the chip into pieces behind me.  


The bigger problem that I got a brief glimpse of as Melanie's mouth shut was the horrible red beast that was sliding under me and starting to push me to the side towards her other teeth so they could probably crush me into a paste before swallowing.   The memories of what had almost happened with Sam assailed me as it pushed me towards it's destination.