- Text Size +

Listening to their voices I tried to decide what would be the best course of action.  I could probably crawl out of the pocket.  On the other hand doing so here would leave me sitting on the passenger side seat and seeing how Jessica was almost certainly going to be the next one using the seat that wasn't going to help.   My best bet was probably to stay in the pocket and wait until after the party.  Once they got back to Sam's I could sneak out and try and get either her or her mom's attention.  Decision made I tried to settle in.  At least Sam and Jessica were going to be gaming for the most part meaning sitting and relaxing and more importantly not jostling me around.  


Not too much later car came to a stop and the engine cut off.  I swiftly adjusted my position as Jessica stood up and the position of what were floors and walls changed.  As far as I could tell the pocket I was in was empty other than the tissue and myself.  If she had anything it must be in her other pocket.  Another good sign as it was unlikely I'd be caught by a sudden need for a phone.  


The rocking sensation that I'd comed to associate with walking followed by a jumble of voices told me that we had arrived at Jim's place.  The sheer number of voices combined with the muffling of sound from where I was made it hard to tell who was actually out there although I was pretty sure I heard Jim's voice as well as his wife, Ashley although we tended to shorten it to Ash like we did Samantha to Sam.  

From there things quickly settled and the games began.  Listening to it all was a bit depressing.  I heard all my friends chatting and laughing about life while debating how to defeat Cthulhu.  It reminded me of what I could no longer do and the fact that this Jessica person was effectively taking my place today stirred more than a bit of envy in me.  


To distract myself I attempted to take a nap, to hurry and get the day over with.  The heat from both the weather and the pocket did help although sleep proved fitful.   I think maybe an hour, possibly two passed.  I was awoken by the tissue pressing down on me.  Or more precisely a set of massive fingers wrapping around it dragging it out of the pocket.  I was just an unfortunate extra passenger.  

Light hurt my eyes as I was dragged out of the darkness of the pocket.  Through small openings in the paper I could see another set of fingers reaching down towards the tissue.  What was happening?   As they grasped it, they started folding it outwards.  I realized to my horror I was on what would be considered the bottom and desperately clung onto a tiny hole that had been made by Jessica's earlier use of it.  


It started descending rapidly and looking down I could see what looked like a yellow lake.  The smell of beer hit my nostrils a mere second before the tissue with me still in it crashed into it.  I gasped, not having had a chance to hold my breath, the beer filling my mouth and nose as the tissue and I were dragged through the lake, the beer soaking through it, and engulfing me completely.   


As I was dragged around, I lost my grip and the tissue went past me.  I coughed and sputtered as I stood up, still almost waste deep in beer.  Looking up I could see the tissue really was completely soaked as Sam's massive form rose up and started walking away.  "Don't worry Sam, I'll get the rest of your spill."   I turned around to see the massive form of another of my former gaming group looking down at me with light brown eyes.  Richard was tall and had a bit of fat although I knew he had some decent muscle under it.  Unfortunately he didn't seem to be looking at me so much as at the beer and I watched his hand started lowering, a giant brown wad that I recognized as a paper towel in it.  


I started wading toward the edge of the lake but I never had a chance.  Darkness surrounded me as I was flattened in the dead center of the towel.   I was drug along the table only briefly before I felt everything around me crumpling.  "That's got it."  I heard Richard's voice as I was dragged once more into the sky.  Knowing what was next I attempted to find a way out but the paper had been crumpled too thoroughly.  The world started spinning rapidly as my prison was tossed and I barely held in the urge to vomit as the spinning stopped briefly as my prison bounced against something before spinning in a different direction.  The rolling came to a sudden stop and I just sat there, getting my breathing under control.  


I'd been thrown away like some piece of common garbage.  Damnit.  Even though it was futile I still had to try.  I slowly wormed my way through the crumpled chunks of paper.  It was hard work, but without a giant holding it tight I eventually managed.  I blinked a bit as I climbed out of it.  Had I gotten lucky?  I wasn't at the bottom of a trash can at all.  In fact towering far above me was a monstrous blue cylinder.  Richard had missed and hadn't realized it!  I'd fallen out on the opposite side of the can.  


A loud creaking sound behind me caused me to turn to see what was coming.  Now that I was on the ground, everything was a threat.  I could see the gate to Jim's yard opening wide and pair of titans came walking through it.  I didn't recognize either one of them.  The first was a male, tall, thin, black hair blue eyes.  Dressed in a plain brown t-shirt and blue jeans with white tennis shoes.  The second was a woman of slightly above average height.  Or what had been slightly above average before.  Everything was askew nowadays although in this case having the gate to compare them to helped.  Long straight blond hair went down her back and bright blue eyes looked around the yard.  She wore a light gray t-shirt and dark blue jean shorts.  I caught a glimpse of blue on her toenails as she stepped forward on plain brown sandals.  Since I knew most of Jim's family and friends I assumed these people were either friends or family of Ash's.  


"John!  Lucy!"  A familiar voice roared above me.  I watched as a giant blue wall blocked my view of the two new giants.  The largest creature I'd seen all day stood in front of me.  Jim's wife, Ashley dressed in a blue ankle length skirt, above which rose a dark black top that almost seemed to glitter due something about the fabric it was made of.  Wavy brown hair went about half way down her back.  While I couldn't see it from behind her, I could tell from her tone of voice that her brown eyes were almost certainly sparkling brightly.  At 6'3" and a bit on the heavy side she seemed big to me even when i was normal sized.  Now she was an almost unimaginable presence, each small step making a fearful cracking sound in my ears as her sandals crushed small objects, probably unnoticable to her underneath them.


I watched as Ashley embraced the two new arrivals before ushering them into the party.  A shadow suddenly appeared above me and I instinctively screamed in terror as I watched Ashley step backwards and a giant brown sky filled my vision, small chunks of dirt seemingly stuck in it.  Even more horrifying was what looked like the remnants of a cricket bigger than an elephant that Ashley had probably casually crushed without even realizing it was there.  And now that ceiling was descending rapidly down upon me and there was nowhere to run.